19 61.29%
  • Have not used Uber

12 38.71%
    kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Who uses Uber Car Service?

Personally I use them all the time when downtown. They have brought me back from so many Pacer games shitfaced. Don't use Uber X unless you are a broke dikk. Black car or SUV only. Lots of cool Jamaican drivers in the Black Cars. SUVs are usually mid age/older white people. Have never had a bad experience. Taxis are pissed at UBER and the other people doing this as you would expect. However, they are 10x better than a taxi.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

i use them from time to time. i have a friend who drives for them and makes decent pocket money from it

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

"Black car or suv only" ....

Anyway, na I've never used uber. If I need a car service, I'll hire a pro service. They are abundant in my town. Good rates too, you can get a town car on the cheap. 40/hr!

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Used it before. Sucks, drivers are freelance and dont know shit about the city (NyC). Rather take public transportation any day of the week.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Hmmm much different experiences in Indy. Most here are limo companies that have ventured into the Uber land, so they know what the fukk they are doing. NRML I say no Uber X cause anyone can do that..

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Maybe it was uber x that i used. Still, guys were driving like it was a 3rd world country.

NrmlCurvSurfr

I just remember seeing this ad somewhere for uber and it showed some nerdy chick driving something like a versa...no way she's driving me around lol. I'm sure you can get lucky and get someone who knows what they are doing, but if they are that good, they could get a job with a better paying co.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Never heard of it

mcdonae101

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I just remember seeing this ad somewhere for uber and it showed some nerdy chick driving something like a versa...no way she's driving me around lol. I'm sure you can get lucky and get someone who knows what they are doing, but if they are that good, they could get a job with a better paying co.
    über drivers in Dallas make real good money, more than you would make with most companies driving . plus you get to set your own hours, though its pretty standard thursday to sunday evenings/nights are the best

NrmlCurvSurfr

I suppose i shouldn't knock it till I try. I just feel I could imagine the experience. To be fair though I don't know a whole lot about it. Do drivers pay for their own gas and maintenance? How does their insurance work? If they crash, who is responsible, driver or uber?

I can see uber being very successful with a younger crowd. I'm weary though.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Lots of my friends use it here in Chicago. Recommended

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Definitely Uber X, it lets people use their own cars to drive people places. Fukk that.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

I suppose i shouldn't knock it till I try. I just feel I could imagine the experience. To be fair though I don't know a whole lot about it. Do drivers pay for their own gas and maintenance? How does their insurance work? If they crash, who is responsible, driver or uber?

I can see uber being very successful with a younger crowd. I'm weary though.
    A lot of Uber drivers are actually working for limo/chauffeur companies but are contracted out to work for Uber Black Car and Uber SUV. Always in suits. Uber X is what they push in ads cause it's cheap, but it's really just poverty.

NrmlCurvSurfr

^i see, I didn't realize there were different tiers of service. How much does a black car or suv cost for say, a 30 mile one way to the airport? Or something like that?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

^i see, I didn't realize there were different tiers of service. How much does a black car or suv cost for say, a 30 mile one way to the airport? Or something like that?
    Depends if they would come 30 miles out, there is an Uber app where you can get fare quotes.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Yep I use them. In fact we're using them again tomorrow to go to the footy. Heaps better than paying for parking or hoping to get a taxi in what I'm convinced is the taxi shortage capital of the world. The drivers I've had have mainly been hipsters who are good for a laugh and know the city quite well.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Uber x requires that you have a newer car in good shape. It's not like some dude is picking you up in a pinto. With that said, I always use black car. If I want to go cheap I use lyft.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Uber x requires that you have a newer car in good shape. It's not like some dude is picking you up in a pinto. With that said, I always use black car. If I want to go cheap I use lyft.
    yeah, i just don't like knowing it's a random person...creeps me out

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

So guys off the street are getting paid to drive you as a passenger? Don't you need to be certified to do that? By the city or state? Have extra liability insurance in case of an accident? Seems like a lot of law suits waiting to happen. Pass.

The Somalis in Tempe already operate enough illegal taxi cabs. Say taxi on the outside and no meters, no credentials.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    So guys off the street are getting paid to drive you as a passenger? Don't you need to be certified to do that? By the city or state? Have extra liability insurance in case of an accident? Seems like a lot of law suits waiting to happen. Pass.

The Somalis in Tempe already operate enough illegal taxi cabs. Say taxi on the outside and no meters, no credentials.
    It is good stuff Nino, wouldn't lead the forum astray.

mcdonae101

i believe u r insured through uber, ill ask my friend since he drives for them.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    i believe u r insured through uber, ill ask my friend since he drives for them.
    Thanks, the legality and insurance is my only question. You would think the unions would raise a shit storm if the cabbies start taking it in the wallet.

mcdonae101

Thanks, the legality and insurance is my only question. You would think the unions would raise a shit storm if the cabbies start taking it in the wallet.
    they r taking hits. cab drivers r pissed as hell trying to get legal action from cities

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    they r taking hits. cab drivers r pissed as hell trying to get legal action from cities
    I bet. Had heard this service mentioned on a few tv shows but never really knew what it was. I live in the suburbs and public transportation sucks. Costs like $50 for a 10 minute cab ride. Light rail downtown but only there for Dbacks games. Usually just take Super Shuttle to the airport.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

Thinking of joining up

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

yeah cant see this lasting, or if it does major hurdles ahead for the company....

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

In CA they are required to have 1 mil in liability for the drivers. It's the best thing since sliced bread, honest.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

U3QA9

There's a code good for first uber ride up to 20$ for free

I drive uber in my 2014 fully loaded passat and I know chicago like the back of my hand...

I do it for spare cash..gonna drive all week and load up a grand into 5d for football season

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Very interested. So how does payment work? And is it nessasary to tip?

turtlejc

Payment is all done thru a card preloaded on the app so there's no cash involved

Tipping isn't necessary at all I think I've been tipped twice in 100+ trips

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    In CA they are required to have 1 mil in liability for the drivers. It's the best thing since sliced bread, honest.
    how much would it cost to go 15 miles no traffic?

freeVICK

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    U3QA9

There's a code good for first uber ride up to 20$ for free

I drive uber in my 2014 fully loaded passat and I know chicago like the back of my hand...

I do it for spare cash..gonna drive all week and load up a grand into 5d for football season
    Thanks for the code I just dl the app. Please explain to me the different car options. Uberx, taxi, uber black

turtlejc

Uberx is just your everyday people like me, 2004 or newer clean, mid sized sedan

Taxi is obviously taxis that are hooked up with uber

Black is your sedan car, have livery license etc

No problem for the code, good for first ride up to 20 if not 30$ (Which is a good distance, I've used my code once to go from downtown chicago to niles for free before)

turtlejc

Base rate is 2.40 to get in the car, .30 a minute, 1$ a mile

On weekends/events sometimes the rates get juiced up for 5 minutes at a time and will let you know ahead of time

freeVICK

Sweet thanks dude. I'll try it out this weekend

12 Last