19 61.29%
  • Have not used Uber

12 38.71%
    ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    So guys off the street are getting paid to drive you as a passenger? Don't you need to be certified to do that? By the city or state? Have extra liability insurance in case of an accident? Seems like a lot of law suits waiting to happen. Pass.

The Somalis in Tempe already operate enough illegal taxi cabs. Say taxi on the outside and no meters, no credentials.
    lyft has been banned from my city for operating without the proper licenses and insurances

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    how much would it cost to go 15 miles no traffic?
    15-20 bucks maybe depending on where you're going. I take lyft from Westchester into Culver City for like 7 bucks if I'm drinking.

i sent my boss back to LAX from Irvine in rush hour traffic for 70 bucks on lyft. The thing is that these apps have ratings for both drivers and passengers. They weed out the bad drivers and passengers.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i might try this out next time i go to hollywood from the valley. parking is $20 in hollywood. might as well pay for the ride and not worry about dui.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

i might try this out next time i go to hollywood from the valley. parking is $20 in hollywood. might as well pay for the ride and not worry about dui.

All day every day. The great thing about these services in big cities like LA is that you can get a car any time. I would go Uber to Hollywood and then cheap out with lyft home. If you want a lyft or uber code for free rides let me know. I'm not going to put mine out there but I have them.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

thanks for the info jake. what's the price difference? is it that drastic?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

thanks for the info jake. what's the price difference? is it that drastic?
    Uber black is going to run you about 10% above taxi rates but you usually end up in a suburban or Tahoe..at worst a town car. Lyft is a roll of the dice but I've had excellent experiences in lyft. I once had a limo pick me up when I requested a lyft. DUI costs so much it's just not even an option.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

I have been using uber pretty frequently ever since I found this thread. Thanks I am loving it. Driver last night said there are many promo codes for free rides floating around yet I can't seem to find any. Anyone got some promo codes for existing users? I'll glady send some points your way

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I used them once while on vacation and it worked perfectly. We just got them here in Las Vegas last month but I haven't used them here yet.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

JJGold was a driver for them for 5 weeks then of course deactivated with a driver rating of 2.3. claimed he was set up
    In order to hedge the costs, he started to go to the bus stops in hobokken picking out the water bottles out of the trash cans. Brought them home and rinsed them off, filled them back up with tap water, then fused the plastic lid back together with a soldering iron in like 4 spots, so the customer thought it hadn't been opened. he got good tips for a while until they nailed him

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I've taken Uber cars somewhere between 30-40 times. I've used them for everything from going out on a Friday or Saturday night to having them drop me off and pick me up from work.

I've never once had a bad experience. They arrive much quicker than taxis and on the app it shows exactly where the driver is. Drivers are friendly. It's more of a hobby for most of the ones I met as opposed I a job.

I got to know a few of the drivers as I was a frequent rider. Their cars ranged from Tahoes to a new Audi down to a smart car Only once was the car not up to par.

Uber is great. 100x better than traditional cab service.

Also in SF there's a new app for valet parking service called Luxe. Its great for a city like SF.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 11-23-14 at 03:47 AM.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

cheaper than a cab and usually a nicer ride

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    Anyone wanna signup with Uber and get $10 free ?

Try this : get.uber.com/invite/uberNewPromoSG
    lol $10. You can go online and easily find a better link for $25

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2416

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Of Course Kudi uses Uber, He's a broke dikk fukk with no car

First 12