gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Can we talk about dinosaurs now?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Boy, research in dinosaurs has come a long way. Their used to like 6 dinosaurs. Now, there are like 3 different "brontosaurus" and non of them are called "brontosaurus."

The body of knowledge over the past twenty years has grown incredibly.

Man have they dug up a lot of shit...

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i dont think evidence, of earth being older than what the bible says, is allowed in this thread, gaucho

kvb, you aint kidding... they keep finding bones all over the map...

did they ever get anything concrete on the Arc being in Turkey somewhere? i dont think i have heard much about that in years... seems like they should be able to excavate the area where they think it is, no?

they still think this is it?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

My bad Ray! Just thought i would throw it out there.

I honestly didn't know that people thought there was a dinosaur hoax until about 10 years ago when Carl Everett claimed they were man-made. I was blown away.

raydog

oh, nevermind about the ark in turkey... the govt. doesnt want people fukking around on the mountain...and the best evidence they have is that its a rock formation ...

not that i buy the idea anyways... its a nice fable... just another asinine bible filler (that changes in genesis) you think the panel simply forgot what they wrote earlier in that chapter?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

dinosaurs don't contradict the belief in god, only in the flesh do we keep time as we know it. the fact is nobody can say how long Adam resided in the garden of Eden, before Eve was created and how long they spent together before the FALL.
    Was is an infinite amount of time?
    Could billions of species have roamed the earth outside the garden?
    For Adam to be visited by God he was not yet changed.
    Time started with the fall because before then we did not expire and Adam and the garden of Eden was in a spiritual state not a carnal physical state with a shelf life

also god instructed the "matters" to be gathered and form the earth. we have been told there are more earths/worlds then all the sands of the oceans.

could it not be possible that many species roamed a different "earth"?

the truth is we want proof positive because we are carnal and rely on our physical senses more then the spirit.
    no man can convince you 100% of God. only baptism by fire (the spirit) or receiving a witness that will confirm a testimony in your heart and soul. a man can offer good deeds and plant a seed that may result in you finding out for yourself the truth but without the spirit of God, you will not ever know without a shadow of a doubt.

and there we have it, the age old question, do you believe?

That is the test, it is why you and I are here.

Can we find out way back when the veil hides many things that would NOT allow our free agency.

It all comes down to faith, because if you could scientifically prove there was an existence of GOD, then you would not have free agency, and God will not upset the plan of your entitlement to be heirs of the kingdom.

Faith is hoping (believing) for things you cannot see, but that which are TRUE.

our time on this earth is so short in the grand perspective of all things, yet the growth and improvement to your position hereafter is so vital while in the flesh. many, many, many will have wished they could go back and changed the outcome.

i do not consider myself above anyone, we are told only one can judge,

living in the world but not of the world is what i consider the greatest men to walk the earth to do. the ONLY thing you have to offer God is your will, to try and understand his will, and DO his will daily, above our carnal desires is the growth that will separate and reward those who were diligent and humble.

i am not one who has managed to do this but know personally many who do and I tip my hat to living a life that is the most challenging and in return the most rewarding.
    Last edited by innovation; 01-27-15 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Terrible grammar
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

If someone has 2hrs, and wants to watch professionals debate the issue with all the facts and evidence.

Watch this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

…16"Behold now, his strength in his loins And his power in the muscles of his belly. 17"He bends his tail like a cedar; The sinews of his thighs are knit together. 18"His bones are tubes of bronze; His limbs are like bars of iron.…

So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

.. We did go over this a few pages back, whatever will help though.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

10 Facts about the Dino formerly known as "Brontosaurus"

1. Apatosaurus used to be known as Brontosaurus.

In 1877, the famous paleontologist Othniel C. Marsh bestowed the name Apatosaurus on a new breed of sauropod--and two years later, he did the same for a second fossil specimen, which he named Brontosaurus. Later, it was determined that the two fossils belonged to the same genus--so the name Apatosaurus had priority, even though Brontosaurus had become more popular. (See a detailed fossil history of Apatosaurus.)

2. The name Apatosaurus means "deceptive lizard."

The name Apatosaurus wasn't inspired by the mixup described above; rather, Othniel C. Marsh was referring to the fact that this dinosaur's vertebrae resembled those of mosasaurs, the sleek, vicious marine predators (only distantly related to dinosaurs) of the late Cretaceous period. You can imagine why Brontosaurus, Greek for "thunder lizard," wound up having more traction with the general public!
    3. Apatosaurus was a close relative of Diplodocus.

Apatosaurus was discovered in the same year as Diplodocus, yet another gigantic sauropod named by Othniel C. Marsh. These two dinosaurs were closely related, but Apatosaurus was more heavily built, with stockier legs and differently shaped vertebrae. Oddly enough, despite the fact that it was named first, Apatosaurus is still classified as a "diplodocid" sauropod!
    4. Full-grown Apatosaurus adults weighed about 25 to 40 tons...

As horrifyingly huge as Apatosaurus must have seemed to 19th-century dinosaur enthusiasts, it was actually moderately sized for a sauropod, only measuring about 75 feet from head to tail and weighing in the neighborhood of 25 to 40 tons (compared to lengths of over 100 feet and weights in excess of 100 tons for behemoths like Seismosaurus and Argentinosaurus)

5. ...but their hatchlings were light enough to run on two feet.

Recently, researchers in Colorado discovered the preserved footprints of a herd of Apatosaurus. The tinier trackmarks were made by hind (but not front) feet, conjuring up the image of 5- to 10-pound Apatosaurus hatchlings skittering on their two hind legs. If this was truly the case, then it's likely that all sauropod babies and young juveniles ran this way, the better to elude hungry theropods.
    6. Apatosaurus was the first-ever cartoon dinosaur.

In 1914, Winsor McCay--best known for his comic strip Little Nemo in Slumberland--premiered Gertie the Dinosaur, a short animated film featuring a realistically hand-drawn Brontosaurus. Since then, Apatosaurus (in the guise of its more popular name) has been featured in countless Hollywood movies, with the odd exception of the Jurassic Parkseries and its preference for Brachiosaurus.
    7. Scientists once thought that Apatosaurus lived underwater.

The long neck of Apatosaurus, combined with its unprecedented weight, greatly confused 19th-century naturalists. As was the case with Diplodocus, some paleontologists tentatively proposed that Apatosaurus spent most of its time underwater, holding its neck out of the surface like a gigantic snorkel (and perhaps looking a bit like the Loch Ness Monster).
    8. Apatosaurus may have wielded its tail like a whip.

Like most sauropods, Apatosaurus possessed a long, thin tail that acted as a counterweight to its equally long neck. Based on the lack of characteristic trackmarks, paleontologists believe that Apatosaurus held its tail off the ground, and it's possible (though far from proven) that this dinosaur "whipped" its tail at high speeds to deter or even inflict wounds on curious predators.
    9. No one knows how Apatosaurus held its neck.

Paleontologists are still debating the posture of sauropods like Apatosaurus: did this dinosaur hold its neck at the full possible height (which would have entailed its having a warm-blooded metabolism, to pump all that blood 30 feet into the air), or did it hold its neck parallel to the ground, like the hose of a gigantic vacuum cleaner? The evidence, it's disappointing to report, is still inconclusive.
    10. At least one paleontologist wants to bring back "Brontosaurus."

Many scientists still lament the demise of Brontosaurus, a name familiar to them from their childhoods. Robert Bakker, who's a bit of a maverick in the paleontology community, has proposed that Othniel C. Marsh's Brontosaurus deserves to be assigned to its own genus after all, and shouldn't be lumped in with Apatosaurus; he has since created the (not widely accepted) genus Eobrontosaurus.

The Kraken

Something to keep in mind just in case they come back, Don't fukk with a Spinosaurus
    Attached Images  

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    dinosaurs don't contradict the belief in god, only in the flesh do we keep time as we know it. the fact is nobody can say how long Adam resided in the garden of Eden, before Eve was created and how long they spent together before the FALL.
    Was is an infinite amount of time?
    Could billions of species have roamed the earth outside the garden?
    For Adam to be visited by God he was not yet changed.
    Time started with the fall because before then we did not expire and Adam and the garden of Eden was in a spiritual state not a carnal physical state with a shelf life

also god instructed the "matters" to be gathered and form the earth. we have been told there are more earths/worlds then all the sands of the oceans.

could it not be possible that many species roamed a different "earth"?

the truth is we want proof positive because we are carnal and rely on our physical senses more then the spirit.
    no man can convince you 100% of God. only baptism by fire (the spirit) or receiving a witness that will confirm a testimony in your heart and soul. a man can offer good deeds and plant a seed that may result in you finding out for yourself the truth but without the spirit of God, you will not ever know without a shadow of a doubt.

and there we have it, the age old question, do you believe?

That is the test, it is why you and I are here.

Can we find out way back when the veil hides many things that would NOT allow our free agency.

It all comes down to faith, because if you could scientifically prove there was an existence of GOD, then you would not have free agency, and God will not upset the plan of your entitlement to be heirs of the kingdom.

Faith is hoping (believing) for things you cannot see, but that which are TRUE.

our time on this earth is so short in the grand perspective of all things, yet the growth and improvement to your position hereafter is so vital while in the flesh. many, many, many will have wished they could go back and changed the outcome.

i do not consider myself above anyone, we are told only one can judge,

living in the world but not of the world is what i consider the greatest men to walk the earth to do. the ONLY thing you have to offer God is your will, to try and understand his will, and DO his will daily, above our carnal desires is the growth that will separate and reward those who were diligent and humble.

i am not one who has managed to do this but know personally many who do and I tip my hat to living a life that is the most challenging and in return the most rewarding.
    Solid post which I can relate with for the most part, even though I disagree with the main point, I appreciate the message.

I could take exception and argue with many points you made but it won't do any good at this point.

Anyways, the dinosaurs are much more interesting

raydog

you know there are some assholes somewhere who are trying to extract dna from old bones and inject that shit into lizards or birds...
    people are fukked in the head, krack

raydog

forget about the fact that there is quite a bit of geological evidence there never was a worldwide flood anywhere near this time period, why in the fukk did god have noah build a boat for his family and the animals and not the humans? what did they do? did i miss this in sunday school? stands to reason that this flood would kill off mankind, no? ... i admit i have either forgotten or never bothered to ask 30yrs ago... ill let you guys answer before i turn to google

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    you know there are some assholes somewhere who are trying to extract dna from old bones and inject that shit into lizards or birds...
    people are fukked in the head, krack
    Ray those people should die. The last thing I need to worry about when I'm out walking the dog is a fokkn Terradactyl or fighting off a Trex on my way to work. Ain't nobody got time for that

WTF is wrong with people?
    forget about the fact that there is quite a bit of geological evidence there never was a worldwide flood anywhere near this time period, why in the fukk did god have noah build a boat for his family and the animals and not the humans? what did they do? did i miss this in sunday school? stands to reason that this flood would kill off mankind, no? ... i admit i have either forgotten or never bothered to ask 30yrs ago... ill let you guys answer before i turn to google
    My usefulness in the GOD discussion has run its course and I'm not focusing all my time and energy on dinosaurs

raydog

Quitter.. unreal...go to the gym then

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I'm fighting Kraker if he leaves

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Something to keep in mind just in case they come back, Don't fukk with a Spinosaurus
    Haven't heard evolutionist talk about these though...

Nevertheless, the Guadeloupe skeletons truly exist---it's just that the creationists seem to be the only ones talking about them. You have seen their slant on them above. Other interpretations of the Guadeloupe skeletons will be presented in future issues.

http://www.s8int.com/boneyard1.html

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

God didn't save the humans because he was fed up and wanted to start clean.

So he chose a 500 year old drunk (who entered the ark when he was 600). Everyone else deserved to die, but not the drunk half-millennium dude and his family.

Animals who only eat animals, bugs, etc. Animals that can only survive in the cold climate hanging with tropical birds who would die if it ever dropped below freezing. They survived...on a boat.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

pretty obvious that the book was created to scare mankind into believing the same thing... in order to try and produce good in the world... so many different people involved.. so much added, left out and scripture doctored by the panel...nice effort, but its so over the top it has people believing they are somehow more special than others and has logical and rational thinking people getting disrespected for using their brain

recon, what did you mean by the bad is really bad? what did you witness?
    I gave my testimony at or near the start of this thread. try page 2 or 3.

raydog

oh i remember now... everything you saw can be explained... you just havent searched for a reason why.. i dunno what the kid was doing..speaking another language or freaking out, but something in his mind went apeshit.. probably scared to death because someone was manipulating the planchette or whatever that thing is called... tell a story about a room/house and everyone freaks themselves out about it and takes its "evil" literally...

i would like to know what the kid was doing... obviously , it was something traumatic to you, but ouija boards? cmon

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    God didn't save the humans because he was fed up and wanted to start clean.

So he chose a 500 year old drunk (who entered the ark when he was 600). Everyone else deserved to die, but not the drunk half-millennium dude and his family.

Animals who only eat animals, bugs, etc. Animals that can only survive in the cold climate hanging with tropical birds who would die if it ever dropped below freezing. They survived...on a boat.
    lol

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

oh i remember now... everything you saw can be explained... you just havent searched for a reason why.. i dunno what the kid was doing..speaking another language or freaking out, but something in his mind went apeshit.. probably scared to death because someone was manipulating the planchette or whatever that thing is called... tell a story about a room/house and everyone freaks themselves out about it and takes its "evil" literally...

i would like to know what the kid was doing... obviously , it was something traumatic to you, but ouija boards? cmon
    It was simply evil that manifested itself through a weak link. Was investigated by three diffrent agencies and all final results were same.

No drugs involved nor was any mental defenciencies found by any of the partakers. I've had to be somewhat vague on exact details because the kid isn't a kid anymore, but a very successful coach at a promenent high school. In July i had training that took me back home and i met up with this guy. He remembers nothing, but is a devout Christian now.

Like i've said this is the internet and i know anyone can say anything. So, with that said believe if you wish, i was just telling Bostongambler why i believe.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

can't we all just be good people?

who knows if there is something else out there? who knows what will happen when we die?

for anyone who doesn't believe in God, fair enough

but for the .00001% in your mind that he may exist, maybe you shouldn't shit where you eat

like gay men who suck dikk after having it in their ass

that is why they are going to hell

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post

who knows if there is something else out there? who knows what will happen when we die?

for anyone who doesn't believe in God, fair enough

but for the .00001% in your mind that he may exist, maybe you shouldn't shit where you eat

that is why they are going to hell

What the hell is wrong with you

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post

Aaaaaand there we go.

Just another discussion of God that leads back to any old metaphor....that just happens to involve oral and anal....totally random!

raydog

whats the difference in dudes sucking dick and sex before marriage? is this not a sin you can just ask for forgiveness for? is there anything you cant do and then ask forgiveness?

i did some reading on this noah guy and his ark and how god supposedly told all the animals to go to noah, not for noah to go round them up..

this was the funniest thing i have read in quite some time... http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c014.html

q&a on humans/fossils before/during/after this supposed flood... the writers are so fukking clueless its scary they would embarrass themselves by publishing this...its pretty damn funny... but its your typical christian excuses/backtracking/simply dont know this or that and relying on utter nonsense in scripture to try and debate science...

believing the bible is all of gods word and you must believe in the whole book, for you christians and anyone who is a functioning adult, noah and the ark fable has to be one of the hardest to gut up and believe

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

whats the difference in dudes sucking dick and sex before marriage? is this not a sin you can just ask for forgiveness for? is there anything you cant do and then ask forgiveness?
    no

God won't forgive that

it's gay as fukk

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

muldoon

Zero proof of god - yet people know exactly what he/she/it will and won't forgive. Pretty impressive.

Grownups who still believe in a sky santa that tracks all your sins. Amazing.

Those who can profit from religion are the ultimate capitalists.

raydog

jajaja kvb

brainfreeze
    Meaning

There's 1000's of threads for you guys to act a fool in, why this one ? ...

Move around already..

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    There's 1000's of threads for you guys to act a fool in, why this one ? ...

Move around already..
    The alleged former scumbag drug dealer guy who believes in talking snakes and Noah's ark says others "act a fool"....in the salon area...of a gambling forum....

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    The alleged former scumbag drug dealer guy who believes in talking snakes and Noah's ark says others "act a fool"....in the salon area...of a gambling forum....
    Ezekiel 33:8 - When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Ezekiel 33:8 - When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
    Wait - I thought we were done with the old testament. You mean you'll use it when it's convenient, but when it talks about selling daughters into slavery etc, well, that was only helpful "back then"?

You should change your name from brainfreeze to brainwashed.
    Last edited by muldoon; 01-28-15 at 06:08 PM. Reason: typo - my brain froze

The Kraken

Get yo popcorn ready

raydog

guy just slapped some serious voodoo jesus shit on your ass, muldoon .. i would break into a hotel room to steal a bible if i were you

First ... 17181920212223 ... Last