The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The ide of parrallel universes is just that, an idea. In fact, most in the theoretical physics community do not believe they exist. The concept is gaining traction in the research realm but please dont use the parrallel universes to make yourbpoint when not only have they never been proven but most believe never can be proven
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave The Kraken 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Thoughts and prayers for....

Newtown, Connecticut
    Manchester, England
    Nice, France
    Paris, France
    Boston
    Brussels
    Orlando
    San Bernardino
    Vegas
    Stoneman Douglas
    Santa Fe High School
    Etc

I could go on and on. People keep praying but these horrible tragedies keep happening? Why?

Why would any God let these things continue when people keep praying to him?
    We live in an evil world my friend

There is good news

This world is only temporary

It rains a lot in this world

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Coming to GOD song and video right here fellas.

Put on the head phones, turn off the lights and turn up the volume. Pay attention and take it all in.. Watch this old burn out rock and roller sing with passion.. Feel it. Pray it.. Find it...

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Nibby god isnt real, friend. You’re wasting the only life you’ll ever live following the teachings of a fictional character

Nothig about jesus or god is unique, before this widely accepted version of jesus there were many others very similar in other times and other empires. Humans have always needed to believe in a higher power, humans have always created stories about fictitious characters, I cant believe people still fall for it

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Nibby god isnt real, friend. You’re wasting the only life you’ll ever live following the teachings of a fictional character

Nothig about jesus or god is unique, before this widely accepted version of jesus there were many others very similar in other times and other empires. Humans have always needed to believe in a higher power, humans have always created stories about fictitious characters, I cant believe people still fall for it
    People are brainwashed.

The christian god is no more real than the Muslim god, Jewish God, Zeus, etc.

We are all born atheist until someone tells us or teaches us what to believe. It’s usually dependent on where you’re born. So if you’re born to Christian parents in America, you’re Christian. If you’re born to Muslim parents in Syria, you’re Muslim. If you’re born to Jewish parents in Israel, you’re Jewish.

People are just afraid to question it or think logically because they been threatened with hell their entire life.

Listen to that voice in your head that tells you snakes don’t talk, people don’t live in whales, and people don’t love to be 900. Listen to that voice in your head that tells you there aren’t alternate demensions with golden streets or a red guy with a pitchfork.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-27-18 at 11:48 AM.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I guarantee if you were in a society where they would cut your head off for not believing in their god, you would
    damn sure believe it. In other words, religion is society based. To control its people or to be social. Words are written
    by men, enforced by men. Isis, made up by men.

If money is your religion that's fine. If being atheist is your religion, that's fine. If you want to use science, join
    scientology. You are here to do what you want, to learn the physical realm of life. Too many people sticking their nose
    in other peoples business. Do your own thing.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior

We believe in one God,
    the Father, the Almighty,
    Maker of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
    the only Son of God,
    eternally begotten of the Father,
    God from God, Light from Light,
    true God from true God,
    begotten, not made, consubstantial
    of one Being with the Father.

Through him all things were made.

For us men and for our salvation
    he came down from heaven,
    and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
    and became man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
    he suffered death and was buried.

On the third day he rose again
    in accordance with the Scriptures;
    he ascended into heaven
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
    and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
    who proceeds from the Father and the Son.

With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified.

He has spoken through the Prophets.

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.

We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

We look for the resurrection of the dead,
    and the life of the world to come. Amen

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

We'll see about that Kraken? We all gotta die one day... I use to think like you do now.. I'll just say - you should try to keep and open mind to it, don't close the door completely and shut it off like that..

You don't really know either because you haven't died yet or sought it out.. You haven't experienced anything spiritual or miraculous yet either from what I gather...Leave that door open a crack buddy and maybe you'll find and eventually see or feel something like I did... I'm not into fairy tails either.. I'm not crazy.. I don't buy into bull shit.

I'm a believer now through personal experiences shown to me.. Is what it is.. I'm not afraid to die anymore either, looking forward to actually seeing what's next up... Life is a trip.. I'm happy for it all today..

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    I guarantee if you were in a society where they would cut your head off for not believing in their god, you would
    damn sure believe it. In other words, religion is society based. To control its people or to be social. Words are written
    by men, enforced by men. Isis, made up by men.

If money is your religion that's fine. If being atheist is your religion, that's fine. If you want to use science, join
    scientology. You are here to do what you want, to learn the physical realm of life. Too many people sticking their nose
    in other peoples business. Do your own thing.
    That’s good advice.

People can believe what they want. It only annoys me when people tell me I’m going to hell for not sharing their beliefs.

It’s even more annoying when these people can’t name 10 books in the Bible, don’t goto Church and haven’t even read as much of the Bible as I have.

RangeFinder

No matter what your situation is in life

The Cross has made us flawless

We need another song

This one is very well done

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    If being atheist is your religion, that's fine. If you want to use science, join
    Those are some incredibly retarded conclusions.

For starters, "being atheist" is as much a religion as saying "off" is a favorite TV channel.

Scientology has nothing to do with science (outside of their anti science view towards things like psychiatry. Hardly the only group who discount psychiatry).

Science fiction maybe. Using your logic, people with heart valves, or using kevlar vests or flying in an airplane are using science and thus should join scientology.
    Last edited by Nitrogen; 05-28-18 at 12:56 AM.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

I'm just amazed that in 2018 people still believe in the invisible imaginary man in the sky who controls everything.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    I'm just amazed that in 2018 people still believe in the invisible imaginary man in the sky who controls everything.
    Well then what does that tell you? God isn't going away and HE's not imaginary

HE also doesn't control us

He's given us freedom of choice

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    Those are some incredibly retarded conclusions.

For starters, "being atheist" is as much a religion as saying "off" is a favorite TV channel.

Scientology has nothing to do with science (outside of their anti science view towards things like psychiatry. Hardly the only group who discount psychiatry).

Science fiction maybe. Using your logic, people with heart valves, or using kevlar vests or flying in an airplane are using science and thus should join scientology.
    Well, according to some, I'm retarded.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

. Bigd I could go on and on. People keep praying but these horrible tragedies keep happening? Why?

Why would any God let these things continue when people keep praying to him?
    Why did Jesus get murdered on a cross... same argument, dysfunctional broken people. They’ve been around since sin.
    why was Jesus murdered on a cross? Same argument. Broken, dysfunctional people, that’s why.

On a side note, does anyone find it odd that Adam and Eve had three children...all sons...yet the world was populated by them?
    15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
    16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden

They were the first no where does it say they were all He created...

People can believe what they want. It only annoys me when people tell me I’m going to hell for not sharing their beliefs

Jesus talked about hell more than heaven... He warns us out of love.

Revelation 20:15 , "And whoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire”

love to you bigD and the rest of you guys... ❤️

Find God, find true peace in your lives.

VeggieDog

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Well then what does that tell you? God isn't going away and HE's not imaginary

HE also doesn't control us

He's given us freedom of choice
    Doesn't control us? Then why pray to him begging for stuff?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

This woman sings awesome for God. Thought I’d share, God Bless.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Doesn't control us? Then why pray to him begging for stuff?
    If we were praying correctly ... we’d be praying for “ Thy will to be done on earth as it is in heaven “ with our lives.

Most people don’t like the idea of serving God with their lives, they like serving themselves including with their prayer.

VeggieDog

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    If we were praying correctly ... we’d be praying for “ Thy will to be done on earth as it is in heaven “ with our lives.

Most people don’t like the idea of serving God with their lives, they like serving themselves including with their prayer.
    So god needs you to tell him to do to us on Earth what he's doing up in the sky. What, is he forgetful or something?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

So god needs you to tell him to do to us on Earth what he's doing up in the sky. What, is he forgetful or something?
    He hears His people and when they call or (cry) out for Him and His will sincerely .... He heals their land and people. When they turn away from disobedience and are willing for His will to be done, He hears them. Doesn’t mean things will be perfect because this ain’t heaven and here on earth there will always be sin.

Things do get better though, but this is earth and this is life on earth amongst demons, the devil, and sin with man... it will never be perfect here, but it will all heed to His will in the end and what He finds just. No matter who decides to pray for it or not, certain people will just be on the other side of what His will is, I’d rather be used towards the positivity and good of what His will is than to be on the otherside making His will come in to act anyway.
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 06-04-18 at 11:59 PM.

VeggieDog

He hears His people and when they call or (cry) out for Him and His will sincerely .... He heals their land and people. When they turn away from disobedience and are willing for His will to be done, He hears them. Doesn’t mean things will be perfect because this ain’t heaven and here on earth there will always be sin.

Things do get better though, but this is earth and this is life on earth amongst demons, the devil, and sin with man... it will never be perfect here, but it will all heed to His will in the end and what He finds just. No matter who decides to pray for it or not, certain people will just be on the other side of what His will is, I’d rather be used towards the positivity and good of what His will is than to be on the otherside making His will come in to act anyway.
    You've got the talking points down pretty well. Have a nice night and a pleasant tomorrow.
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave VeggieDog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

You've got the talking points down pretty well. Have a nice night and a pleasant tomorrow.
    Ty veggiedog ... you as well, cheers and love to you man.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Um...what a farce.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Um...what a farce.
    Not a farce at all. What do you not understand?

nyplayer33

Understand this, you have a belief with no physical proof. Every religion has their own version. Catholics believe in saints.Methodist dont. The timeline of the bible is known to be incorrect. This is not 2plus2 is 4. Church is about money...go On sundays and give money for being at service one hour. I'm not saying what exists or doesnt....but not putting forth a believe in tooth fairy..um...god
    Last edited by nyplayer33; 06-06-18 at 04:18 AM.

BigDofBA

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Truth is truth no matter where you are on the planet.

2+2=4 in America, Israel, the Middle East, Antarctica, etc.

Religion isn’t this way. Religion is different based on where you were born. There are even different denominations within each religion. None of its consistent.

If there were truly a God, there would only be one religion. Since it’s a man made story, there are several different variations with different beliefs that just evolved differently in different parts of the world.

People always ask me “What if you’re wrong?” when I tell them I’m Athiest. Well my question is, what if you were born into the wrong religion? There are thousands. Given the unlikely event that one is actually true, that means 99% of them are wrong. The odds aren’t in your favor.
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave BigDofBA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I had an experience on May 8.. around midnight.. just by myself outdoors, thinking... about life...
    all of a sudden, and trust me I've never seen anything like this nor do I look for these things,
    some spirit or being flew over me. This was about 200 feet in the air, not in outer space.
    It was going thousands of mph, it just lit up for under 2 seconds and only right above me, but
    I saw where it was traveling, and how fast.. I got the feeling it lit up just for me, so I could see it,
    and I felt it as if it were a living being that wanted to show me there is more to life than we see in this world.
    It was an amazing experience and 100% real. Bright, oval-ish, about the size of a person.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I had an experience on May 8.. around midnight.. just by myself outdoors, thinking... about life...
    all of a sudden, and trust me I've never seen anything like this nor do I look for these things,
    some spirit or being flew over me. This was about 200 feet in the air, not in outer space.
    It was going thousands of mph, it just lit up for under 2 seconds and only right above me, but
    I saw where it was traveling, and how fast.. I got the feeling it lit up just for me, so I could see it,
    and I felt it as if it were a living being that wanted to show me there is more to life than we see in this world.
    It was an amazing experience and 100% real. Bright, oval-ish, about the size of a person.
    Israelites seen plagues fall upon Egypt, were freed from slavery, seen a Red Sea split, rock spew water in the dessert and still lived to make a golden calf and worship before it. I’ve seen many super natural things snowball but most people won’t believe me and even if they did or seen it for themselves as the Israelites did, seeing miracles doesn’t change people, belief in God and His Words do ....

brainfreeze
    Meaning

If there were truly a God, there would only be one religion.
    careful what you wish for... you just might live to see it

BigDofBA

careful what you wish for... you just might live to see it
    You’re a good guy. We just disagree. That’s totally fine.

I will never try to change your mind. People have to make their own choices. I just like to present my side to people that have never thought for themselves.

Just because someone was told what to believe doesn’t make it true.

RangeFinder

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Truth is truth no matter where you are on the planet.

2+2=4 in America, Israel, the Middle East, Antarctica, etc.

Religion isn’t this way. Religion is different based on where you were born. There are even different denominations within each religion. None of its consistent.

If there were truly a God, there would only be one religion. Since it’s a man made story, there are several different variations with different beliefs that just evolved differently in different parts of the world.

People always ask me “What if you’re wrong?” when I tell them I’m Athiest. Well my question is, what if you were born into the wrong religion? There are thousands. Given the unlikely event that one is actually true, that means 99% of them are wrong. The odds aren’t in your favor.
    How are you Big D! One thing I must say is at least you reply with respect. I appreciate that.

God is the best explanation of everything we see around us. Science has shown the universe had a beginning and the universe can't create itself. Everything that begins to exist must have a cause and since the universe obviously began to exist something created it. Problem for atheists is that all matter, space, time and energy are not eternal which means they had to come into existence also. Therefore whatever created the universe cannot be matter or energy. Something that is spirit meets this criteria. Jesus said "God is spirit". Atheism has no explanatory scope. It doesn't explain anything.

nyplayer33

M1. In Mark 10:12 Jesus tells Palestinian listeners that a wife who puts away her husband commits adultery, this would have been meaningless to Palestinian listeners where only men could divorce.

nyplayer33

There are arguments on both sides.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    How are you Big D! One thing I must say is at least you reply with respect. I appreciate that.

God is the best explanation of everything we see around us. Science has shown the universe had a beginning and the universe can't create itself. Everything that begins to exist must have a cause and since the universe obviously began to exist something created it. Problem for atheists is that all matter, space, time and energy are not eternal which means they had to come into existence also. Therefore whatever created the universe cannot be matter or energy. Something that is spirit meets this criteria. Jesus said "God is spirit". Atheism has no explanatory scope. It doesn't explain anything.
    Range you’re a good guy too.

To your point though, what created God?

Religious people can tell athiest they can’t explain how the universe started, which is true, but the arguement goes both ways. How did God come into existence?

If God could have always existed, why couldn’t the universe?

The universe is infinitely massive. Why would a God make such an infinitely large universe and only put humans on one small speck of rock?

I think it’s more likely that early man, who wrote the Bible, thought the earth was the center of the universe because they didn’t know any better.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 06-08-18 at 07:44 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Range you’re a good guy too.

To your point though, what created God?

Religious people can tell athiest they can’t explain how the universe started, which is true, but the arguement goes both ways. How did God come into existence?

If God could have always existed, why couldn’t the universe?

The universe is infinitely massive. Why would a God make such an infinitely large universe and only put humans on one small speck of rock?

I think it’s more likely that early man, who wrote the Bible, thought the earth was the center of the universe because they didn’t know any better.
    I’m not good, no one in flesh is... I strive though. You’re a nice guy too though bigD and you most likely have nice parents. I don’t know why you are so adamant about your choice to (believe) atheist arguments but it’s your choice and (belief). It’s not science though, look up james m. Tour (Nano scientist) believes in God, Raymond damadian (inventor and scientist) also a creationist .. so you can’t make science the excuse because it’s not the overall position of scientist ..

as for your question,

Nothing .. God always was, and always will be. The Word was with God.

John 1:1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 The same was in the beginning with God.3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Last edited by brainfreeze; 06-09-18 at 02:46 AM.

First ... 112113114115116117118 ... Last