Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    from another forum..is this possible...The plane very likely had faulty altimeter readings, causing the autopilot to think the plane was at a lower altitude than it actually was. The autopilot would have attempted to correct for this, possibly causing the plane to climb beyond the atmosphere, radio range, and transponder range.

If this was the scenario, it is very likely the plane is now in orbiting the Earth in outer space. This would explain why there is no wreckage on the ground anywhere within fuel range...

Blows my mind that nobody elxplores the common sense scenarios prior to coming up with all of their far- fetched bullsh*t.
    please fasten your seatbelts - next stop Mars
    Points Awarded:

sweep gave Russian Rocket 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoneyLineDawg gave Russian Rocket 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

welp
    looks like Chinese satellite images picked up pictures from Sunday morning exactly EAST of the designated travel path. an oil rig worker in the general area also reported seeing burning debris.

the images show 3 larges pieces of something floating. the largest one being 79x72 feet across or so.

looks like the whole turn WEST theory could be complete BS all along.

the plot thickens

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    welp
    looks like Chinese satellite images picked up pictures from Sunday morning exactly EAST of the designated travel path. an oil rig worker in the general area also reported seeing burning debris.

the images show 3 larges pieces of something floating. the largest one being 79x72 feet across or so.

looks like the whole turn WEST theory could be complete BS all along.

the plot thickens
    I'm sticking to my original opinion that this was an accident and not a terrorist act.

Unreal that CNN and other media outlets will post all these stupid rumors without any facts.

I still don't how the transponder got turned off but it could be lousy ATC and poor radar coverage.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    I'm sticking to my original opinion that this was an accident and not a terrorist act.

Unreal that CNN and other media outlets will post all these stupid rumors without any facts.

I still don't how the transponder got turned off but it could be lousy ATC and poor radar coverage.
    CNN especially goes out of their way to mention terrorism every 2 minutes on their reporting.
    they could be interviewing some guy who has nothing to do with security and out of nowhere Wolf Blitzer will hit him with the "BUT IT COULD BE TERRORISM RIGHT, THEY COULD HAVE TURNED OFF THE TRANSPONDERS RIGHT".

I mean literally they throw the terrorism word out every 2 minutes. they love this shit

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

from another forum..is this possible...The plane very likely had faulty altimeter readings, causing the autopilot to think the plane was at a lower altitude than it actually was. The autopilot would have attempted to correct for this, possibly causing the plane to climb beyond the atmosphere, radio range, and transponder range.

If this was the scenario, it is very likely the plane is now in orbiting the Earth in outer space. This would explain why there is no wreckage on the ground anywhere within fuel range...

Blows my mind that nobody elxplores the common sense scenarios prior to coming up with all of their far- fetched bullsh*t.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11126

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    took them 2 YEARS to find the actual mass wreckage underwater. keep in mind that search area was huuuuuge though and the water was deep
    Yes 13000 feet deep more than 2.5 miles but they found the black boxes albeit 2 years later. Commercial jetliners don't go unfounded after crashes, not in the modern era

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29104

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    It will just take a while to find. Probably exploded
    bingo

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    not necessarily. it was announced almost 4 hours ago that these pics exist but apparently they are from 3 days ago so who knows what they'll find when they get there and whether that is debris

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14022

on one crash it took 2 yrs. to find the black box plus the copilot had a history of letting women in the cockpit-now chinese satellite photo has found something-malaysian authorities are pathetic

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    not necessarily. it was announced almost 4 hours ago that these pics exist but apparently they are from 3 days ago so who knows what they'll find when they get there and whether that is debris
    Testimony from the worker on the oil rig who reported it to his superiors at the time also.

Me thinks planes dont fall out of the sky everyday so the chance this isnt the wreckage is pretty slim...

homie1975

Those are some huge chunks of debris that look too large to float but maybe the resolution was tinkered with

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like they should have seen and/or found this several days ago ...with all the false leads, I'll believe it when they have live video of a piece of plane.

homie1975

Closing in on 9 hours since the chinese satellite photos hit the news and at least 7.5 of those in daylight, but no definitive id that any of those pieces are from the plane. Unless they are a group of debris that looks like one big piece when viewing from space, i have a hard time believing they are from the plane. Interestingly though, one of the shots looks like the space shuttle with its bay open as if it's sitting on the water. Anyhow the search planes have no doubt flown over this area today as they know the coordinates but no info about what they saw. I am leaning to no on the question if: is this the plane debris?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

This was my theory on page 1 or 2 of the thread.

US investigators are pursuing the possibility that missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 and its 239 passengers and crew are being held against their will at an unknown location.

The Wall Street Journal has this afternoon published sensational claims that counterterrorism officials now believe somebody on board deliberately turned off the plane’s transponders to avoid radar detection.

The report said data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777’s engines indicated the plane remained in the air for a total of five hours – a further four hours after contact was lost.

“Officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted ‘with the intention of using it later for another purpose’,” the paper said, quoting an unnamed source.

A total flight time of five hours after departing Kuala Lumpur means the Boeing 777 could have continued for an additional distance of about 2,200 nautical miles, reaching points as far as the Indian Ocean, the border of Pakistan or even the Arabian Sea, based on the jet’s cruising speed, the paper said.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226853195656

boeing power

Optional, You think they're alive?

no way

Optional

no way
    Not really I guess. When i posted that theory initially I was thinking laterally more than being serious.

BUT... right now with all the weird conflicting information. It makes as much logical sense as any other theory, and more than most.

The Oil rig worker who says he saw a burning plane in the same region as the Chinese satellite had possible debri seems the most reliable info to me though.

http://www.news.com.au/world/oil-rig...-1226853302184

Optional

no way
    What do you make of the 5 hours of engine data having been transmitted? (assuming that info is true)

boeing power

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What do you make of the 5 hours of engine data having been transmitted? (assuming that info is true)
    There's been so many false reports about this so far I can't believe anything I read.

I'm still believing this was a catastrophic accident.

Optional

There's been so many false reports about this so far I can't believe anything I read.

I'm still believing this was a catastrophic accident.
    Just assume it is true. Can you think of any explanation for it?

It kind of ties into the passengers mobile phones and social media accounts staying online for a period too. Hmmm

Optional

Whatever official explanation comes out of this, we have seen the birth of a new conspiracy theory super star.

After all this misinformation people are going to be easy to convince to wonder in the future.

boeing power

Just assume it is true. Can you think of any explanation for it?

It kind of ties into the passengers mobile phones and social media accounts staying online for a period too. Hmmm
    How would terrorists control that many people? Not after 911

unless it was the pilot, but how would he get everyone's phone?

Fuk now I'm doing the conspiracy thing....
    Last edited by boeing power; 03-13-14 at 02:46 AM.

Optional

How would terrorists control that many people? Not after 911

unless it was the pilot, but how would he get everyone's phone?

unless the pilot donned his oxygen mask and dumped the pressurization and killed everyone but himself after the other pilot went to the bathroom. I fly 737 and I know that would be easy to do unfortunately.

Fuk now I'm doing the conspiracy thing....
    LOL.. didn't mean to make you act that dirty.

If it was a takeover of the plane, with pilots involved or not, I imagine the passengers would be killed. If you wanted to keep a plane for later use you probably dont want to feed and care for the 200+ passengers. Even for the 6 days its been.

What I was really looking for is a possible explanation why there might be 5 hours of engine data, and it could still be an accident of some sort.

boeing power

LOL.. didn't mean to make you act that dirty.

If it was a takeover of the plane, with pilots involved or not, I imagine the passengers would be killed. If you wanted to keep a plane for later use you probably dont want to feed and care for the 200+ passengers. Even for the 6 days its been.

What I was really looking for is a possible explanation why there might be 5 hours of engine data, and it could still be an accident of some sort.
    If there was a pressurization failure and the pilots never got their masks on fast enough they would die and the plane would fly on auotpilot until it ran out of gas...

Optional

If there was a pressurization failure and the pilots never got their masks on fast enough they would die and the plane would fly on auotpilot until it ran out of gas...
    I read a suggestion if the depressurization was slow enough it may not set of alarms and alert pilots to use oxygen and drop masks for passengers. In that article about the possible satellite antennae problem. But that didn't really seem plausible to me. With 200 passengers they wouldn't all just peacefully nod off without complaint in that scenario would they?

Optional

And say it was some sort of deressuriztion that disabled everyone fast... if the plane was still flyable, what would happen then? Would the autopilot take it to beijing?

boeing power

1.Altitude warning horn would go off even in a slow leak. This would be a better scenario for the pilots as they wold have more time to get their oxygen masks on. In a rapid depressurization at 35000 the pilots would have 30-60 seconds to get their masks on before unconscious.

2. In the event that pressurization failed and everyone died, the plane would continue on the flight plan which was programmed by the pilots into the FMC(fight management computer) prior to flight. So yes it would continue to Beijing but it would never descend and just fly past Beijing until it ran out of fuel and crashed. In that case the military would have to shoot it down over the ocean to avoid it crashing in a populated area.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29104

Its apparent now nobody knows a damn thing.
    Points Awarded:

flyingillini gave 5mike5 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

All this news is to confuse you...it is basically transhumanism..where technology and media control your thoughts.

You will never see the plane again

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Testimony from the worker on the oil rig who reported it to his superiors at the time also.

Me thinks planes dont fall out of the sky everyday so the chance this isnt the wreckage is pretty slim...
    slim wins. That wasn't the plane

homie1975

Just like Payne Stewarts private jet right?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Lee Majors flew a plane into space back in the early 80's.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Will SBR ever charter a plane for its posters?

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Just saw Non-Stop yesterday with Liam Neeson. Great movie.....sort of reminded me of this incident.

First ... 3456789 ... Last