James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I have had dogs all my life and never understood why people pay crazy amounts of money to vets. Dog has cancer, let dog go. Buy new dog. Is the vet offering chemo after the surgery? How does he know it isn't matasticising?

The most intelligent part of your post is when you misspelled metastasizing. I agree with giant 100% . If your dog of EIGHT years is sick do whatever you can do to help your dog.

What is your financial situation? Seriously no forum ego Bull***t. Is 1000 or 1500 a huge amount of money to you? If it is I understand its a tough spot because people have responsibilities they have to meet. If it is not you really have to do the right thing my man.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    The most intelligent part of your post is when you misspelled metastasizing. I agree with giant 100% . If your dog of EIGHT years is sick do whatever you can do to help your dog.

What is your financial situation? Seriously no forum ego Bull***t. Is 1000 or 1500 a huge amount of money to you? If it is I understand its a tough spot because people have responsibilities they have to meet. If it is not you really have to do the right thing my man.

100% agree and most vets will work with you to help your dog.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Either pay if there's a good chance she can recover....if not, it's probably best to put her down the right way and ASAP, unfortunately.....The more time you wait to make a decision, the worse it is for the dog

If you have to put it down, buy a new puppy.....it won't ever replace your old dog, but it's a new beginning

Tough situation, good luck

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Either pay if there's a good chance she can recover....if not, it's probably best to put her down the right way and ASAP, unfortunately.....The more time you wait to make a decision, the worse it is for the dog

If you have to put it down, buy a new puppy.....it won't ever replace your old dog, but it's a new beginning

Tough situation, good luck
    I will post picture of her after surgery for sbr and james d

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Good luck bruins. You always try and save your companion, that is what she is to you. Dogs are an amazing animal, they love us unconditionally, are faithful, loyal, and can express emotions some humans can't even begin to master. I'd take my dog over most humans any day, and spend my last dollar on her.

(((((((((((((((((healing vibes for you and your dog))))))))))))))))))))

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Hope it works out man. Just found out my lil man has an immune disease after some internal bleeding, shit is rough. Don't know what I'm gonna do the day he passes, I'm not built for that shit. Hope your girl heals up and lives another 8+ years.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Best word of advice, follow your heart not others opinion. IF the dog means a lot to you by all mean extend it life as long as you could. If it is replaceable, Get a new dog(as cruel as that sound, You have given that dog x amounts of good year by taking care of it).

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I think my dog knows what I said last night because he threw up all over my wife's new wool rug this morning.

if you have the money, pay the vet. It just sounded like you didn't because why else would you have started this thread?
    Last edited by grease lightnin; 02-11-14 at 06:44 AM.

bruins35

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I think my dog knows what I said last night because he threw up all over my wife's new wool rug this morning.

if you have the money, pay the vet. It just sounded like you didn't because why else would you have started this thread?
    cant realy afford it and was not sure surgery was best option

bruins35

here is the best dog in the world

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Add another strong vote for getting it done. I got my pup when she was only a month old, she's 6 now. She's been the only constant in my life since the day I got her, sleeps in my bed against my back everynight. I would sell my car and work a second job overnight at Jack in the Box if it meant getting her what she needed, she's not so much a pet, she's my daughter.
    Points Awarded:

pronk gave greenhippo 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

James D gave greenhippo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Giant gave greenhippo 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: James D

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Good luck with everything

bruins35

she is in surgery wish Danielle luck guys !!!!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cecil127

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    she is in surgery wish Danielle luck guys !!!!!!!

greenhippo

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Is it over?

greenhippo

Edit: thank you SBR for deleting that clown's posts, unreal how pathetic a person can be.
    Last edited by greenhippo; 02-14-14 at 02:50 PM.

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Good luck! We should request sbr to start taking donations on like animal charity. I rather help animals than humas.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo, and TitsArriba

bruins35

vet should have called starting to worry

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

vets are always busy....yes ur dog is important but the next guys dog is just as important so maybe they forgot to call you or are holding off til they can tell u more.....breathe deep and try to relax....its outta your hands now anyhow, right? your dog is in my thoughts....yes propicker: i donate to animal shelters and like your idea.

pronk

Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    vet should have called starting to worry
    Any updates Bruins?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Add another strong vote for getting it done. I got my pup when she was only a month old, she's 6 now. She's been the only constant in my life since the day I got her, sleeps in my bed against my back everynight. I would sell my car and work a second job overnight at Jack in the Box if it meant getting her what she needed, she's not so much a pet, she's my daughter.
    Same here. My dog turns 6 in May. She sleeps with my wife and I every night and will only sleep in the middle until I get up and leave the bed in the morning as she feels that she has to between us.

bruins35

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Any updates Bruins?
    the spleen was removed with a tumor the size of a grapefruit .she had 3 litres of blood in her stomache removed and is starting to wake up

pronk

Wow, that tumor was humongous!

bruins35

2700 dollars fml

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Bruins,

I ruptured my spleen when I was a kid. I was too late to the hospital to get it removed. I had too much blood in my stomach. Luckily for me, it stopped bleeding. Worst pain of my life. A spleen injury is a long recovery. Best of luck to you and your pup.

bruins35

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    Bruins,

I ruptured my spleen when I was a kid. I was too late to the hospital to get it removed. I had too much blood in my stomach. Luckily for me, it stopped bleeding. Worst pain of my life. A spleen injury is a long recovery. Best of luck to you and your pup.
    thanks bud

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

1000 on a dog...wow.....

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Hope that your dog is better now man, good call on getting it done.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

its only money.....u can make more.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: muldoon

pronk

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    1000 on a dog...wow.....
    Dog's loyalty is priceless!

First 12