PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chip Kelly Should Be NFL Coach Of The Year

Took a last place team and turned them int pootential division winners in one season. Made the Eagles arguably the most interesting team in the NFL to watch play a football game.

Inherited a disastrous offensive team, from a supposedly offensive oriented genius in Andy Reid, and made them into an offensive dynamo while, incredibly, also improving the defense drastically from last season.

Eagles are now must see tv thanks to Chip.

Give credit where it's due and stop being a hater. Chip Kelly rebuilt what Andy Reid destroyed.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

Ron Rivera.

This from a Saints fan.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Ron Rivera.

This from a Saints fan.
    I'm not an Eagles fan.

Rivera has not impacted the league like Kelly has. Kelly's offense borders on revolutionary despite his claims of not being so.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Isn't Kelly just doing what Brady and Bellicheck have been doing for a decade?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Isn't Kelly just doing what Brady and Bellicheck have been doing for a decade?
    Belichick sought Kelly's advice. Not the other way around.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Took a last place team and turned them int pootential division winners in one season. Made the Eagles arguably the most interesting team in the NFL to watch play a football game.

Inherited a disastrous offensive team, from a supposedly offensive oriented genius in Andy Reid, and made them into an offensive dynamo while, incredibly, also improving the defense drastically from last season.

Eagles are now must see tv thanks to Chip.

Give credit where it's due and stop being a hater. Chip Kelly rebuilt what Andy Reid destroyed.
    Actually Andy Reid has just as good a case for Coach of the Year as Kelly does. He took the Cheifs that went 2-14 last year and they've already got 11 wins. Either one would be fine.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I don't think so. Maybe if Kelly had the balls to start Foles over Vick from day one. The Eagles played shit teams all year long and with the exception of the Cards, they lost to every credible team that they played.

Andy Reid deserves it. He worked with a QB that no one wanted and a team that had a horrible record last year.

Hell, if the Cards beat the 49ers next week, I would give the Coach of the year to Bruce Arians. They'll be 11-5 and probably not even make the playoffs.

Philly-Pride33
    Philly-Pride33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't think so. Maybe if Kelly had the balls to start Foles over Vick from day one. The Eagles played shit teams all year long and with the exception of the Cards, they lost to every credible team that they played.

Andy Reid deserves it. He worked with a QB that no one wanted and a team that had a horrible record last year.

Hell, if the Cards beat the 49ers next week, I would give the Coach of the year to Bruce Arians. They'll be 11-5 and probably not even make the playoffs.
    Gotta set you straight.. The Eagles beat 3 teams in a row at home with winning records.. Cards, Lions and Bears.. don't make excuses now.. Cards are a legit team, just beat Seattle at home, Lions were lighting it up and I know it was the snow bowl.. however the Eagles kicked their ass on the ground that amazing 2nd half. and last night when they had nothing to play for as everyone would say.. BTW, Reid has been in the same boat and rested guys.. Kelly made a statement and played them all, Bears had it all in their lap to win the division and got SMACKED all night long.. They were 8-6 and oh yea.. 3rd ranked Offense in the league.. don't downplay our 9 wins.. you play who's on your schedule..now to the question at hand.. My vote goes to Andy Reid, then Chip, then Rivera then Arians. Oh yea, and the comment about starting Foles right out of training camp.. why would he.. Vick was the stater and outplayed him in the pre-season.. Vick lost his job but in reality he had ONE bad game against Reid and the Chiefs.. If you looked at last year Foles was not very good..

Kermit

Sammy, of course if you're a Homer you are going to think your coach is the best. I am looking at it from an unbiased point of view.

If the Eagles lose to Dallas next week and end up 9-6, does he deserve it?

Vick was just as horrible last year in fact he was also doing horrible this year and it took him getting injured to get Foles into the game. Makes you wonder where they would be if Vick was still starting. Chip Kelly's offense vastly improved by an injury and then the switch to Foles.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Philly-Pride33 View Post
    and last night when they had nothing to play for as everyone would say
    Didn't they need to win so they could lock up the 3rd seed as long as they win next week?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Sammy, of course if you're a Homer you are going to think your coach is the best. I am looking at it from an unbiased point of view.

Vick was just as horrible last year in fact he was also doing horrible this year and it took him getting injured to get Foles into the game. Makes you wonder where they would be if Vick was still starting. Chip Kelly's offense vastly improved by an injury and then the switch to Foles.
    What if the Eagles win next week and win the division?

Chiefs can't win their division. That makes Kelly a division winner in his first year. Therefore, he would deserve the vote ahead of Andy.

Vick won the job in the preseason. He faltered in the regular season and Foles flourished. It happens.

You gotta love Chip Kelly's personality too. The media asked him last night why he played the starters in a game that means nothing. He said:

"Very simple-we're from Philadelphia and we fight. That's it."

If the guy wins a Super Bowl he'll be considered a god here.

Kermit

Looks like the Eagles will be getting a free pass next week as it has just been announced that Romo is out for the year.

Kermit

Don't get me wrong, I like the Eagles, but they are going to win a bad division in which no other team in it had a winning record.

Philly-Pride33

Did you even read what I wrote.. I said Reid should win and where did I ever say Kelly is the best coach.. stick to the facts OK.. your assumptions are silly and for the record when it comes to betting.. I'm no homer.. if they lose to Dallas they'd be 9-7 not 9-6.. are you feeling OK.. Vick was having a great year..look it up.. nobody said a word about Foles till Michael got hurt.. We weren't talking about last year... we all know Vick has lost some of his ability but this year he was playing well..those are facts..

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Don't get me wrong, I like the Eagles, but they are going to win a division in which no other team in it had a winning record.
    So penalize Kelly for something he has no control over? Same thing could be said for the NFC North.

Kermit

If the guy wins a Super Bowl he'll be considered a god here.
    Yeah, and if he loses it the Philly fans will call for his head.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Not even close. It's only his first year here. Drastic improvements have already been made. They are only going to get better.

Kermit

So penalize Kelly for something he has no control over? Same thing could be said for the NFC North.
    I am just saying that it is hard to get real excited about being at the top of a pile of uncompetitive shit. Well I guess if you are from Philly you can get excited. I don't even know why I knocking them. Like I said I like the team and like their chances in the playoffs. I just don't think Kelly is the coach of the year.

Philly-Pride33

Didn't they need to win so they could lock up the 3rd seed as long as they win next week?
    You really think that 3rd seed was something to motivate NFL players.. Please tell me you don't think Kelly is in the locker room preaching the 3rd seed.. They are PRO'S they wanted to win like any other game..but we both know if the Cowboys didn't convert that 4th and goal from the 12 yard line.. the players would be more excited to win the division at home. Bottom line you misspoke about the Eagles and I'm glad I corrected you

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I am just saying that it is hard to get real excited about being at the top of a pile of uncompetitive shit. Well I guess if you are from Philly you can get excited. I don't even know why I knocking them. Like I said I like the team and like their chances in the playoffs. I just don't think Kelly is the coach of the year.
    Your entitled to your opinion bro.

Philly-Pride33

Looks like the Eagles will be getting a free pass next week as it has just been announced that Romo is out for the year.
    Life doesn't work quite like that my friend.. Eagles got beat the other week to Matt Cassel.. is he a good QB.. hell no.. Eagles have the right mindset.. they win the games they need to and don't take anything for granted.. Now we're just going to have to beat Kyle Orton now

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I just don't know why people are bashing Kelly.

Take a poll of all the posters on SBR who thought the Eagles were going to win their division this year or be in the hunt for the playoffs by going back and looking at preseason threads.

There weren't any.

Kelly has done a remarkable job.

Kermit

You really think that 3rd seed was something to motivate NFL players.. Please tell me you don't think Kelly is in the locker room preaching the 3rd seed.. They are PRO'S they wanted to win like any other game..but we both know if the Cowboys didn't convert that 4th and goal from the 12 yard line.. the players would be more excited to win the division at home. Bottom line you misspoke about the Eagles and I'm glad I corrected you
    How did I "Mispeak" about the Eagles? They played a lot of bad teams this year and that is a fact. They just got smoked by the Vikings a couple weeks ago.

That 3rd seed could be pretty important down the road.
    Last edited by Kermit; 12-23-13 at 04:40 PM.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

How did I "Mispeak" about the Eagles? They played a lot of bad teams this year and that is a fact. They just got smoked by the Vikings a couple weeks ago.
    And beat the likely NFC North division winners by 43 last night.

Philly-Pride33

Typical out of town response.. still saying how we threw snowballs at Santa clause

Kermit

And beat the likely NFC North division winners by 43 last night.
    Yeah, a possible division winner ranked 28h in points allowed. That isn't saying much.

Kermit

Typical out of town response.. still saying how we threw snowballs at Santa clause
    I guess we'll see how the playoffs go.

Philly-Pride33

Because you stated pretty emphatically that the Eagles have beaten only ONE good team.. Records indicate how good or bad a team is.. as I mentioned they beat 3 teams with a winning record when it meant something.. the Eagles don't make up their own schedule like in college.. by the way who did the Cardinals beat up until yesterday.. they beat the Colts and Panthers.. that makes 3.. just like the Eagles.. you get it now.. Only difference is we beat them

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Yeah, a possible division winner ranked 28h in points allowed. That isn't saying much.
    Kelly can't be faulted for that.

Philly-Pride33

Or course you mention the negative when trying to make your point.. why not mention they were 3rd ranked in offense and we all know the Eagles defense isn't that good..

Kermit

Or course you mention the negative when trying to make your point.. why not mention they were 3rd ranked in offense and we all know the Eagles defense isn't that good..
    I can't deny that. I was impressed by the Eagles defense last night. I expected them to win in a back and forth shootout.

Philly-Pride33

I can't deny that. I was impressed by the Eagles defense last night. I expected them to win in a back and forth shootout.
    I get what you're saying in general, but we all know every team gets beat bad a few times during the year.. The big bad Broncos got their heads handed to them by the Colts.. who are a good team but they themselves have been embarrassed as well to the likes of the middle of the road Chargers, the Rams in Indy and the Cards.. IMO in the AFC I like what the Bengals have done all year long going way under the radar and be a sleeper in the playoffs.. In the NFC, let's face it if the Eagles make the playoffs..I highly doubt most teams want to face them.. The Saints can be beat along with he Panthers.. going to Seattle would be tough for the anybody and the 49ers to me are the sleeper in the NFC.

Kermit

I am looking forward to seeing the Eagles do well in the Playoffs. Now that Vick is out of the picture, there really isn't anyone on the team that I dislike.

Philly-Pride33

I am looking forward to seeing the Eagles do well in the Playoffs. Now that Vick is out of the picture, there really isn't anyone on the team that I dislike.
    Aha, now I get it.. you don't like Vick because he killed dogs.. I don't talk about it on here but I love animals and do things to help them in life. I've had dogs all my life and I was horrified to learn he did those acts.. In life sometimes you have to forgive and let go.. I was pissed when the Eagles signed him back in 2010.. but being an Eagles fan it was hard to not root for the guy who was running the team.. to this day when you hear him talk and I met him as well.. I'm still shocked he really could take the lives of innocent dogs.. I got in 1 fight in my life, and that's because back in my 20's I saw a guy treating his dog awful.. I walked up and let's just say things got ugly..in the end I felt good because I protected that dog... By the way the Cowboys really didn't officially say Romo is out..

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I get what you're saying in general, but we all know every team gets beat bad a few times during the year.. The big bad Broncos got their heads handed to them by the Colts.. who are a good team but they themselves have been embarrassed as well to the likes of the middle of the road Chargers, the Rams in Indy and the Cards.. IMO in the AFC I like what the Bengals have done all year long going way under the radar and be a sleeper in the playoffs.. In the NFC, let's face it if the Eagles make the playoffs..I highly doubt most teams want to face them.. The Saints can be beat along with he Panthers.. going to Seattle would be tough for the anybody and the 49ers to me are the sleeper in the NFC.
    ^^This is truth.

NOBODY wants to play the Eagles right now.

12 Last