The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

BOse or Beats by Dre

I'm in the market

will probably end up getting both in-ear and around the ear headphones. In ear for working out and running, around the ear for studying, school, ipad movies and travel.

So far I think I'm leaning Bose. I like the idea of a balanced sound and from what I've read, great noise canceling.

Anyone here have either?

Whats the recommendation

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

My father just bought one of the Bose systems for his new condo and he also sprung for the headphones. He's worked in music most of his life and he said that the noise cancellation headphones are unbelievable. I don't own either, but it's hard to pass on the reputation of Bose.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Bose

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Bose - Hands down. Not only are they a better all around headphone -noise canceling and sound- but there customer service is great. If you need to replace the ear pads, cords or anything, they're easy to talk to and most of that is extremely inexpensive.

Plus I had a really old pair of Bose that I broke. I called them up, and they charged me 1/4 of the price a new pair would cost, when I didn't deserve any kind of discount.

dink
    dink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

apparently according to those in the know, which i am not, but have a bit of a clue

the way it is

speakers around the house = Bose

headphone = beats by dre

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Beats

Also buy the pill speaker too

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Bose hands down, don't regret spending $300 on them, well worth the money.
    I got the qc2's in 08, now use them for gym but they still work perfectly, just have some wear and tear. I got the qc15's recently and sound and noise canceling is even better on them.
    Overall Bose is the best hands down for noise canceling and comfort, wouldn't recommend wearing the over the ear ones at gym cause the leather will deteriorate, I only do it because mine are totally out of shape. If you like hip hop and are looking for some bass than you can try Beats but i can't justify spending that much money on them considering their quality.

The new Bose in ear noise canceling headphones are great too, little expensive for in ear though. Try shure for in ear too

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

If you're gonna buy In-Ear then buy Audio Technica... it's most decent headphones and they aren't over priced.

Bose and Dre are both basic in sound quality.. Beats are better if you care about brand and having swag.. I have a couple of beats that match what ever I wear for the day... But Bose/beats are over hyped.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post
    If you're gonna buy In-Ear then buy Audio Technica... it's most decent headphones and they aren't over priced.

Bose and Dre are both basic in sound quality.. Beats are better if you care about brand and having swag.. I have a couple of beats that match what ever I wear for the day... But Bose/beats are over hyped.
    Beats are hyped by little kids trying to match their shoes with headphones and calling it swag

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Beats are hyped by little kids trying to match their shoes with headphones and calling it swag
    Guilty of it .

dink
    dink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    TRUTH

I like it

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Dres Beats are ridiculously over priced.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    will probably end up getting both in-ear and around the ear headphones. In ear for working out and running, around the ear for studying, school, ipad movies and travel.
    Depending on how hard you work out when lifting... in-ear "earbuds" headphones will get damaged eventually. They don't last. Ear wax can get into the small speaker hole. And if you tug too hard... the cord can rip internally and you'll lose one speaker... (music won't be in stereo). I've had this happen several times. Your best bet is to buy the $6.00 earbud version on ebay. Don't invest too much money on earbuds when working out. They will eventually damage. I buy a new set every 6 months. You can't beat the price on Ebay.

As for leisure listening at home... or on an airplane etc... definitely go with Bose. Even though I see a lot of the homeboyz at the gym wearing BEATS.

The Kraken

Ok, gonna get the Bose. Thanks all for your opinions.

Money, I think you're dead on. Thx for the insight. Think I'll go to Wal Mart and get some $20 skull candy for the gym.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

urgh, both are overrated.
    Waste of money, no value...

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    urgh, both are overrated.
    Waste of money, no value...
    this

Rangers901
    Rangers901's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beats by Dre really was a great marketing ploy for the gullible sheep.

Personally, if you want the highest quality headphones, speakers, etc. and you don't mind spending the money, Bose is definitely the way to go.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Beats are for little kids. Not only that, you wait til Beats are totally played out, soooo 2011, and then think about buying a pair.......Real fukin' cool Krak-Krak.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Beats are for little kids. Not only that, you wait til Beats are totally played out, soooo 2011, and then think about buying a pair.......Real fukin' cool Krak-Krak.

But they come in different colours! Different colours!!!
    And some are limited edition colours!!

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Bose and Beats have the most marketing, seem the most well known to the general public, not the "best". There is no best, each headphone just replicates the audio differently. Beats is heavy on bass, Bose noise cancelling blocks out a lot of sound but sounds kind of dull and muddy to me. For most people their ears can adjust and enjoy any decent headphones. If you want to take the extra time, I'd recommend bringing in an ipod and giving a bunch of different ones a listen at a music store. Depending on your needs, you might not need noise cancelling, just get some closed (over ears) headphones, they will block out the majority of the sound and put you in your own sound world. I like my audio technica

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica.../dp/B000ULAP4U

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I didn't know they'd been around so long and am certainly not going for a cool factor. I just see a lot of people wearing them and was curious if there was something more to it than swag. From the sounds of it, probably not. Either way, they'd probably both be fine but if I'm gonna spend the same, I'd just assume get the better profuct.

And right now, beats are $299 and the bose are $269

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

IF you need the eardrum rattling base to enjoy your music, get the Beats.

Otherwise the Bose are the superior headphone everywhere else.

Sitting on a loud plane, turn the QC-15s on and you're in your own world.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why the hell would anyone give their hard earned money to a fukkin spook like Dr. Dre?

Wake the fukk up, people.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32315

Bose is anything but overrated, you want to argue overpriced, I'll listen, but overrated, hardly.

Dr. Bose is a genius, non techies probably don't know this, it's common knowledge in the techie circles Dr. Bose was, and probably will be the greatest audio/sound engineer that ever lived.

His advancements were ground breaking, his products, flawless.
    4.0 grad from MIT, majoring in electrical engineering. I could go on and on, read his bio if you want, it's a mile long, most tech courses in college cover Dr. Bose is some degree.

His products don't reach marketplace unless he signs off on it, and he signs off on it, it has to meet his pain staking standards. He just died, I think his son is in charge now, but to say he, and his stuff is overrated, just wrong.
    Overpriced? Maybe, but you get what you pay for.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Did I say all Bose products are over rated? No.
    Did I say your beloved Dr Bose is over rated? No.

I said those specific headphones that compete with Dre - are overrated. Thats what the discussion was about.
    Overrated because threes far superior headphones in that price bracket, yet they seem to sell very well and be well received. (same as Dre)

stevenash

Did I say all Bose products are over rated? No.
    Did I say your beloved Dr Bose is over rated? No.

I said those specific headphones that compete with Dre - are overrated. Thats what the discussion was about.
    Overrated because threes far superior headphones in that price bracket, yet they seem to sell very well and be well received. (same as Dre)
    Did I say I was speaking directly at you?
    Did I say Dre's stuff is crap?
    I have total respect for Dr. Bose, he is not my beloved.

Any Bose product is not overrated, that does not mean it's what you are looking for.

'

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Nobody else that I can see on this thread used the term overrated - for which I fully stand by.

stevenash

Nobody else that I can see on this thread used the term overrated - for which I fully stand by.
    Well that's your opinion, since it's not a ridiculous statement I am not calling you out on it, plus everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Let's see, Bruce Norris did quote your post and echoed your sentiment, so that's at least one more............

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Bose is anything but overrated, you want to argue overpriced, I'll listen, but overrated, hardly.

Dr. Bose is a genius, non techies probably don't know this, it's common knowledge in the techie circles Dr. Bose was, and probably will be the greatest audio/sound engineer that ever lived.

His advancements were ground breaking, his products, flawless.
    4.0 grad from MIT, majoring in electrical engineering. I could go on and on, read his bio if you want, it's a mile long, most tech courses in college cover Dr. Bose is some degree.

His products don't reach marketplace unless he signs off on it, and he signs off on it, it has to meet his pain staking standards. He just died, I think his son is in charge now, but to say he, and his stuff is overrated, just wrong.
    Overpriced? Maybe, but you get what you pay for.
    Bose is overrated and overpriced. You get much less than what you pay for sometimes. I've heard a $1000 Acoustimass surround sound set sound worse than my $120 Klipsch computer speakers. They have gaps in their frequency response, what a joke. For over $1000 you can't even get the entire frequency range. The Acoustimass has one speaker to cover a giant frequency range instead of splitting it into a midrange and tweeter. That is just poor design. Give other brands a chance before falling for Bose marketing. Haven't heard what they've been doing lately, I do like their n.c. headphones though.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Klipsch
    These are basically free now, they were £200-80 for a few years now just £100 as the 11s are out..
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-X10i...ywords=kilpsch

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Bose - White People
    Beats - Everyone Else

/thread

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post
    Beats by Dre really was a great marketing ploy for the gullible sheep.

Personally, if you want the highest quality headphones, speakers, etc. and you don't mind spending the money, Bose is definitely the way to go.
    This guy is sharpest poster on here nobody knows

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Neither one

look into denon

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Shure

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I've always been very pleased with the BOSE products I've owned over the years....

12 Last