zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

BOSE and it's not even close.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

thanks again guys. Drinker, I have fixed the emoticon problem.

I just asked Mrs Santa for the Bose QC15's, 10% off right now at Bose com. Gonna be a jolly christmas boys.

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

This thread did get a bit off track. Enjoy the Bose headphones. They ARE good. IMO, they're overpriced, but the noise cancelling Bose speakers people use on flights are pretty great, I have tried them. Beats by Dre are CRAP.

But... those that are saying Bose speakers are the best in the business are just flat out high. They are DECENT, I'll say even good. But high end they are not. Overpriced. Someone mentioned Klipsch, those are so much better than the Bose speakers, and that's just one example.

But, if you can get a pair of Bose headphones for a sale price, or even used, they're a good buy.

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can get Bose QC 15 on ebay for around $200 new or $150 used in excellent condition if you are patient. You can get new (authentic) Beats for $100 in Asia or new (high quality fakes) for $60 at most flea markets/ street vendors. Its nearly impossible to tell the difference.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I'm in the market

will probably end up getting both in-ear and around the ear headphones. In ear for working out and running, around the ear for studying, school, ipad movies and travel.

So far I think I'm leaning Bose. I like the idea of a balanced sound and from what I've read, great noise canceling.

Anyone here have either?

Whats the recommendation
    beats by dre. Nobody will fukk with you if they see you wearing beats by dre...

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by losschaser View Post
    You can get Bose QC 15 on ebay for around $200 new or $150 used in excellent condition if you are patient. You can get new (authentic) Beats for $100 in Asia or new (high quality fakes) for $60 at most flea markets/ street vendors. Its nearly impossible to tell the difference.
    I'm worried about counterfeits on ebay. How would I know if they're authentic?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    beats by dre. Nobody will fukk with you if they see you wearing beats by dre...
    Nobody would fukk with me

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by losschaser View Post
    How about u post a link of new qc15 for $200
    would love to get one for that much for my dad

The Kraken

Update

Got the Bose QC15's a couple of nights ago and so far I'm very happy with the choice. The sound quality is what one would expect from Bose, top notch. 10/10 on comfort. They fit nicely, the leather is soft and they don't squeeze my head and make me feel like I'm having a stroke. What's probably the most impressive feature though is the noise canceling. It does exactly what it says, cancels noise. When the volume was low, I could hear my wife talking to me but couldn't make out a word of what she was saying. When I turned the volume up half way, all I could see were her lips moving, no noise. It was heaven.

For all I know, I would have been equally happy with the Beats by Dre, who knows. I give the Bose QC15's a 10/10 for sure.

Also picked up a 27" iMac. So far, so good.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

don't decide yet, wait until after the superbowl and you can get these customized golds ones for the seahawks on ebay.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...mments-postbox

NolaDrewDats
    NolaDrewDats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

You could get some quality Sony studio headphones for under $100.
    That's what I got.

First 12