jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dwight will be home soon I've seen guys like him. They try all this weird stuff and then they realize there is nothing like home.

When people talk about backpackers around here we give them that look , as we are used to guys and T-shirts and big muscles that are cops DJs and construction workers.

The hiking type of guy just does not feeling around here and we call those kids wood stockers that's smoke the leaf and take the pills. The blue Jean guys as they are also known the guys never played sports and always hung up on the mountain. Dwight don't come to where I live as you will not fit in.

Best of luck

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dwight will be home soon I've seen guys like him. They try all this weird stuff and then they realize there is nothing like home.

When people talk about backpackers around here we give them that look , as we are used to guys and T-shirts and big muscles that are cops DJs and construction workers.

The hiking type of guy just does not feeling around here and we call those kids wood stockers that's smoke the leaf and take the pills. The blue Jean guys as they are also known the guys never played sports and always hung up on the mountain. Dwight don't come to where I live as you will not fit in.

Best of luck
    Disclaimer: Corbin hasn't been outside of Newark, NJ city lines in 40+ years.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

wow this guy actually did it, good for you pal.

How many people are you with in the woods for the next 3 months?

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

dwight give us an update

most people don't have the balls to do something like this

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

My whole life for the next 3 or so months is in a backpack which is strange to say the least. Freedom seems to be a good choice of words. cheers! No complaints at all so far.
    Stay Strong and alert to all surroundings.......

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

awesome, more people need to go do stuff like this, im going on a european excursion this summer.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Dwight, when in OZ make sure you go to the flinders ranges...

You'll learn a lot about yourself there I guarantee...GL

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

ANYTHING??!!!

are you enlightened yet...

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    ANYTHING??!!!

are you enlightened yet...
    New Zealand is amazing. Its like Canada but smaller.changing my plans and going tp Thailand instead of Australia. Will upload pics when i get a chance . Gday

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's hard to do stuff like this when you're broke

Gambling traveling do not mix

Give us some more pictures Shutey

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

I can always come back or get another one. Life is too short. Time for an adventure.
    Wow. You just enlightened me. I just remembered Kevin Spacey in American Beauty.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

New Zealand is amazing. Its like Canada but smaller.changing my plans and going tp Thailand instead of Australia. Will upload pics when i get a chance . Gday
    Was going to say you pickde a damn hot time of year to backpack Australia. But yoyu must LOVE the heat!
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Optional 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SoCalFisher
    SoCalFisher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3141

You ever seen the show locked up abroad? Don't do it man, those Thai prisons ain't pretty!
    Look forward to the pics!

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dwight

Do NOT go into the Pillaga.

There is some unknown creature(s) there that attacks and kills humans and eats them.

Been going on there for years now and the locals won't travel into it unless they absolutely have to (like truck drivers making deliveries). Even then, many truck drivers will not stop in the rest areas of this stretch of land.

People go into this area and vanish without a trace. There's even a song about it.

Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave PhillyFlyers 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Sounds Awesome.

I have always wanted to do that.

you should write a book about your adventures.

How much money do you recommend saving up for a 3 month trip?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Sounds Awesome.

I have always wanted to do that.

you should write a book about your adventures.

How much money do you recommend saving up for a 3 month trip?
    its hard to say right now. New Zealand is expensive like Australia is supposed to be. Thailand will be 1/4 the price I am told by several people that have been there.

got my ticket for Thailand and going there on the 25th for a couple months

DwightShrute

... hell of a hike
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 12-09-15 at 01:08 PM.

DwightShrute

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 12-09-15 at 01:09 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 12:27 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute

almost at the top

view from the top

the way down

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 12:27 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute

Hot water beach

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 12:28 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute

Coromandel

Paihia in the Bay of Islands
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 12:28 PM. Reason: image does not exist

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Awesome stuff, Dwight. I'm going to take a few weeks and head out to Melbourne and then new Zealand in March. Your pics look awesome

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by EXhoosier10 View Post
    Awesome stuff, Dwight. I'm going to take a few weeks and head out to Melbourne and then new Zealand in March. Your pics look awesome
    awesome. you will love it here I am sure. I will only be in Melbourne for 3 days before heading to Thailand for 7 weeks or so. G'Day mate!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Awesome Dwight, thanks for sharing!

Where do you stay? I don't see a tent or sleeping bag with your back pack. Do you take day trips?

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

Wow im happy for you. Thats something i always wanted to do. Are you on your own or with a group?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Awesome Dwight, thanks for sharing!

Where do you stay? I don't see a tent or sleeping bag with your back pack. Do you take day trips?
    I just have a backpack. No sleeping bag. I do have a silk cover that I will definitely be using in Thailand. I am lugging around my snorkel and fins from town to town without using them here in New Zealand. The water is just too cold at this time. I could use a wet suit but instead I will do more hiking here and save the water activities for Thailand which will be perfect for it. Can't wait.

Took a bus from Auckland, when I first got here, to Piahai in the Bay of Islands in the north then working my way to the West and the East and the South part of the North Island. I am staying at hostels that range from $23 to $27 a night. They are safe, clean and you meet a lot of people from all over the world. Traveling alone, hostels are a great way to meet people. Most are very young (late teens, early 20's) who are looking for work and who work at the the hostels in exchange for their accommodations but there are tons of others of all different age groups up to 70. Its quite awesome actually. They all seem to come here for the hiking. By far, the Germans are most prevalent when it comes to travelers here. Aussies and Canadians come in second and third. Lots of nice people from many countries sharing great stories about their travels. That is why I am changing the next 2 months from Australia to Thailand.

I met some from Belgium and France who rented a car and I ended up riding along with them for the last 2 weeks. I do have to put up with French hip hop and rap but that is a small price to pay (along with chipping in for gas and a case of beer or a bottle of wine every so often) to see so much more of the country. I never stayed at a hostel before this trip and really never knew what to expect but I have no problem with them here in NZ. I do so much hiking etc during the day, that all you want to do is sleep after a few cold ones and dinner. They all have TV rooms if you want to catch up on the news or watch a movie. Internet is available also.

In Thailand its supposed to be anywhere from $4 to $8 for a hostel or you can get a nice air conditioned bungalow for $16 a night. Regardless, its gonna be a lot cheaper and warmer especially. Gonna head to Laos while in Thailand as well. Looking forward to the cheaper beers ($1 whereas I have paid $9 a beers here in NZ) and the spicy Thai food. Will send more pics when time and facilities permit. I am hoping to walk with Elephants and see some Tigers but mostly buying a hammock, tying it to a couple trees, snorkeling, reading and relaxing. That is the plan anyways.

G'day mate!
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 11-16-13 at 05:01 PM.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by SharpBoxing View Post
    Wow im happy for you. Thats something i always wanted to do. Are you on your own or with a group?
    on my own. But as the blogs suggested before I left, you meet tons of people when you travel. I am gonna hook up with some people I met here in New Zealand in Thailand next week.

I should have done this 15-20 years ago. But in 10 or 20 years from now I could be saying the same thing. Like in post #7, there are always excuses for why not to do it. Those excuses are quite loud at times.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 11-16-13 at 04:57 PM.

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

on my own. But as the blogs suggested before I left, you meet tons of people when you travel. I am gonna hook up with some people I met here in New Zealand in Thailand next week.

I should have done this 15-20 years ago. But in 10 or 20 years from now I could be saying the same thing. Like in post #7, there are always excuses for why not to do it. Those excuses are quite loud at times.
    Exactly man. Enjoy!

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Best of luck

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

Girls in Australia dig anal....
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Itsamazing777 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

This is a GREAT thread.

GL w/ your continuing travels... (and pic confirmation of post #66 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world... just sayin'.)

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    I wish you had been around to explain that to my ex-wife.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Optional 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Optional 9 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777, and DwightShrute

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Dwight, how old are you?

I'm 25 and in college and after seeing your pictures I feel like I should do something like this after college, even if it means putting off serious dating relationships for a while. What you are doing seems boss.

First 123 Last