Mar4Chris
    Mar4Chris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time for an adventure.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 12:17 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8463

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Dwight, how old are you?

I'm 25 and in college and after seeing your pictures I feel like I should do something like this after college, even if it means putting off serious dating relationships for a while. What you are doing seems boss.
    in my 40's but still feel like I am 25

flying to Australia tonight and then Monday to Thailand. Having a great time. Looking forward to Thailand's weather.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

From what I've seen about Costa Rica, that's a nice tropical paradise. Did you do a walk about there before this trip?
    You know, like a practice run? Do you have an itinerary or just play it by ear?

I have the Appalachian trail almost out my back door and have walked some of that, mostly on hunting excursions.
    Very peaceful and stress relieving. (until I get a deer and have to drag his ass out) A guy I worked with walked the
    whole thing. From Georgia to Maine.

Have fun Dwight is the name of the game. Looking forward to more pics.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    From what I've seen about Costa Rica, that's a nice tropical paradise. Did you do a walk about there before this trip?
    You know, like a practice run? Do you have an itinerary or just play it by ear?

I have the Appalachian trail almost out my back door and have walked some of that, mostly on hunting excursions.
    Very peaceful and stress relieving. (until I get a deer and have to drag his ass out) A guy I worked with walked the
    whole thing. From Georgia to Maine.

Have fun Dwight is the name of the game. Looking forward to more pics.
    CR is great but the world is a big place . Been in bangkok now for 5 days. 4 on Koh Tao island. Its awesome. The food and shoreline are awesome. Renting a scooter for 5 bucks a day. Beers are 2 for a huge bottle. Love this place! Gonna stay here another few days then elsewhere in Thailand . Want to see the elephants and head to cambodia or Laos or Vietnam also.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 11-29-13 at 05:04 AM.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave DwightShrute 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

some pics of New Zealand, Thailand and Cambodia. What an epic trip. Time of my life for sure. So many places visited and so many people from all over the world I met.

I recommend anyone do this. Quit making excuses. Time flies and you only live once.

DwightShrute

CAMBODIA

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 12:18 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute

THAILAND

LAOS

THAILAND

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 12:19 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute

CAMBODIA

THAILAND

DwightShrute

THAILAND

NEW ZEALAND

THAILAND

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Looks like a great trip.

DwightShrute

final few more pics

Bamboo Island, Cambodia. Maybe the nicest place I ever been to

Tempura shrimp, BLT salad and 4 beers $6

$8 a night bungalow in Cambodia only a few feet from the ocean

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 12:20 PM. Reason: image does not exist
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Looks like a great trip.
    it was the time of my life Andy. Asia is amazing especially Thailand. I really hope I motivate some of you guys to go. You will never forget it.

I stayed at hostels in New Zealand that were $22 to $30 a night whereas in Asia they were $2 to $5 per night and beach side bungalows from $8 to $15 per night. But you don't spend a lot of time in them anyways. So much to see and do. Met tons of nice people from all over the world and hooked up with a couple of real good people in New Zealand and ended up traveling 2 months with them and also to Thailand, Loas and Myanmar.

I am smiling now as I type just thinking about how awesome it was. I can't wait to do it again. Next time I would like to go to Bali, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand again.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Are you still there Dwight? You must go to India while you're there.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Are you still there Dwight? You must go to India while you're there.
    no unfortunately I am back home in Costa Rica after more than 3 months of travel. Ya next trip India might be included. If not, it will be the one after. Also have to go to the Maldives.

Have you been to India pronk?
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 02-04-14 at 07:22 PM.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I'm planning some day. It's like going to another planet: mysterious & breathtakingly beautiful.

rkelly110

Cool picks Dwight. Most are National Geographic quality, maybe sell some to them? You do have a good photogenic eye.

Did you go back to your old job or just hangin'? Glad you made it back safe with all the people trafficking and all. They might've made you into a sex slave. Not being able to sit down and walking bowl legged and shit.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    I'm planning some day. It's like going to another planet: mysterious & breathtakingly beautiful.
    maybe. I am up in the air on India I must say. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised but it seems over crowded and dirty. I am sure there are great areas as well. Gonna go other places first but hope to see India as well.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Cool picks Dwight. Most are National Geographic quality, maybe sell some to them? You do have a good photogenic eye.

Did you go back to your old job or just hangin'? Glad you made it back safe with all the people trafficking and all. They might've made you into a sex slave. Not being able to sit down and walking bowl legged and shit.
    I have hundreds of pics but didn't wanna post too many. Thanks for the compliment! Most of those pics were just made from my Samsung cell phone actually. Back working yes but its hard coming back to a schedule and office after so much time traveling and not having a solid plan from week to week.

Go to Thailand someday RK. Someday soon. I will again. It is cheap, beautiful, food is amazing and the people are awesome. They speak a lot of English also. You will have a great time.

rkelly110

I might, not while married or with this wife, she is scared to fly. I love flying.

My dad was shot in the foot over there before the Viet Nam conflict. Got the bronze star.

Loved the laid back foot shots. The elephant one was the best.

AussiePunter123
    AussiePunter123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

I live in Australia, Queensland to be a bit more specific. I often see backpackers driving in their 'wicked' vans, or I see them sleeping in their vans at boat ramps or cooking up a feed in the back of their vans at a petrol station. I live on the coast of Queensland so it is an attractive area for them.

One of my mates, who is no good looking guy by any means, went to work in Cairns for a year or two and he slept with a heap of backpackers who flock to Cairns like white on rice.

He is an Australian, but he reckons he slept with upwards of 60 women in Cairns, the majority of which were backpackers from overseas. Not bad for a 2 year period and a short guy with glasses.

If you are that way inclined, check out the towns where backpackers congregate. Towns like Cairns, Townsville, Bryon Bay.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Disclaimer: Corbin hasn't been outside of Newark, NJ city lines in 40+ years.
    lol

First 123