PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Snowden's father urges him not to accept deal with US officials

Lon Snowden, father of Edward Snowden talks to reporters in Washington, DC, July 30, 2013.

The father of American whistleblower Edward Snowden has called on his son not to reach a deal which allows him to return to the U.S.

Lon Snowden said that his son should try to fight White House charges against him in a public trial.

“What I would like is for this to be vetted in open court for the American people to have all the facts,” said Mr. Snowden.

“What I have seen is much political theater,” he added.

Edward’s father made the remarks while appearing on ABC’s “This Week” along with his attorney, Bruce Fein.

Edward Snowden is a former contractor to CIA and US National Security Agency (NSA) who blew the whistle on White House’s mass spying programs via phone and the Internet on both foes and friends alike.

His revelations helped spark widespread debates as well as angry protests both in and outside the United States over the country’s mass surveillance programs.

Mr. Snowden defended his son’s decision to disclose the top secret documents to the media and not to the Congress. He argued that Edward had no other choice because he would have unlikely seen any action from influential Congress figures on intelligence matters like Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) or Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.).

“How do we think that he would have been received if he had a private audience with them,” he asked.

“We have seen how they reacted, even when the truth comes out, they spin the truth, they try to hide it from the American people. He would have been buried under the Capitol, and we would have never known the truth,” Snowden said.

During the program, Fein announced that Mr. Snowden would soon travel to Russia to visit his son in order to help him find a criminal defense attorney.

“We intend to visit with Edward and suggest criminal defense attorneys who have got experience in Espionage Act prosecutions,” he said.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oliver Stone calls President Obama snake: Video

Renowned American director Oliver Stone has called US President Barack Obama a “snake” for “institutionalizing” illegal spying programs in the country.

Oliver Stone:"Obama is a snake and we have to turn on him"

Published on Aug 14, 2013

Oliver Stone: Obama is a Snake and We Have To Turn on Him!

Film director Oliver Stone—who has made no secret of his liberal political views—called President Barack Obama a "snake" for his role in National Security Agency spying programs that have become, he said, more about silencing protestors than finding terrorists. "Obama is a snake," Stone told an audience in Tokyo on Monday. "He's a snake. And we have to turn on him." "The Boston Marathon, they were so busy tracking down potential protestors...that they missed the bombers," Stone told the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan. "It's never about terrorists, it always becomes about the way J. Edgar Hoover did it; he brought all the weight of government to bear against protestors. He didn't like protestors. He thought they were left-wing communists. He never could find the proof, but by the time the Vietnam War came around, as you know, 500,000 people were on the list, and they were being eavesdropped on. And where are we now? Same place."

Stone said that admitted NSA leaker Edward Snowden "is a hero to me. He sacrificed his well-being for the good of us all" and that Russia's Vladimir Putin did the right thing by granting Snowden asylum, according to PressTV.

"I'm proud of him for doing it," Stone said of Putin and Russia. "We need more countries to stand up to the U.S."

Stone also called Snowden a hero last month and said it's "a disgrace that Obama is more concerned with hunting him down Snowden than reforming these George Bush-style eavesdropping techniques."

Last summer in the lead up to the 2012 Republican National Convention, Stone said he'd vote for Ron Paul over Obama if Paul secured the GOP nomination. Stone suggested that Paul was the "only one" who's "saying anything intelligent about the future of the world."

Relations between Russia and the U.S. have been frosty since the Snowden asylum decision, with Obama abruptly canceling a meeting with Putin, which was taken as a snub.

________________________________________ _______________________

Renowned American director Oliver Stone has called US President Barack Obama a “snake” for “institutionalizing” illegal spying programs in the country.

He also praised the efforts of National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden to alert people to the US government’s violation of the Constitution, Stars and Stripes reported.
    “Snowden is a hero to me,” he told reporters at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan in Tokyo on Monday. “He sacrificed his well-being for the good of us all.”
    Snowden has revealed to the news media details of secret surveillance programs under which the US spy agencies collect massive amounts of data on people’s communications via telephone and the Internet. He also said Washington is spying on its European allies.

Russia granted Snowden, who is charged with espionage in the United States, temporary asylum on August 1.

The whistleblower first fled from the US to Hong Kong and then went to Russia. He was holed up in the transit zone of a Moscow airport for more than a month before Russia granted him a one-year asylum.

The American director also praised Moscow for standing up to the United States.

“I think (Russian President Vladimir) Putin did the right thing, and I’m proud of him for doing it,” Stone said. “We need more countries to stand up to the US.”

The relations between Russia and the US have been further strained after the Kremlin’s decision to give Snowden asylum for a year.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Oliver Stone calls President Obama snake: Video
    Really??? You are giving credibility to a director who fabricated much of his movie on the JFK assassination?

This is sad. When has Oliver Stone EVER been a credible individual who tells the truth?

Thank you for starting my weekend with such a great laugh!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post

Really??? You are giving credibility to a director who fabricated much of his movie on the JFK assassination?

This is sad. When has Oliver Stone EVER been a credible individual who tells the truth?

That's it. Follow your lemming training. Attack the person when you cant deffend the message.

for “institutionalizing” illegal spying programs in the country
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post

Please provide facts to back up your assertion that Oliver Stone fabricated the movie...

Wikipedia doesn't count...

First 12