NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    Oh wait let me translate.

A Heeba doo

doota

Doo doo

DOO!
    Lame attempt to seem funny and normal now huh.....

NOT!

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fck off sblib.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The attorneys in the case lied multiple times to the jury about Zimmerman's height then. They stated multiple times he was 5'7".

The bolded statements are all false. You're basing your assumptions off of pure emotion instead of factual evidence. He didn't hate blacks. He isn't a murderer, he was proven innocent. Zimmerman's mma trainer was on the stand and testified relentlessly about how terrible Zimmerman was and is athletically. I am not sure what you're trying to prove besides basing prejudicial assumptions off of raw emotion.

he wasn't found innocent, he was found not guilty, big difference. just like oj was found not guilty, doesn't mean he was innocent.

dont u think the mma gym owner was maybe biased and exaggerating? if you spent the next 18 months training in martial arts of your choice... and faced your current zero experience self in a fight, you wouldn't have the clear edge? if you trained 18 months at anything, you'd be better than you are now. heck, i went from nearly drowning to competing in jr olympics less than 2 years after i started taking swimming lessons.

zimmerman uttered a racial slur "fukin c**ns" during his 911 call. if paula deen is labled a racist for using the n-word then zman should also be held to the same standards.

raw emotions? i barely care about either of them. both seem like d-bags as far as im concerned. im merely basing my opinion on facts of the case.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Alan Dershowitz was spot on... Remember he said the state had no case for murder.
    Doucheowitz is a clown, first thing he's been on the money with in years.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    he wasn't found innocent, he was found not guilty, big difference. just like oj was found not guilty, doesn't mean he was innocent.

dont u think the mma gym owner was maybe biased and exaggerating? if you spent the next 18 months training in martial arts of your choice... and faced your current zero experience self in a fight, you wouldn't have the clear edge? if you trained 18 months at anything, you'd be better than you are now. heck, i went from nearly drowning to competing in jr olympics less than 2 years after i started taking swimming lessons.

zimmerman uttered a racial slur "fukin c**ns" during his 911 call. if paula deen is labled a racist for using the n-word then zman should also be held to the same standards.

raw emotions? i barely care about either of them. both seem like d-bags as far as im concerned. im merely basing my opinion on facts of the case.
    And Trayvon stated he was a cracker. People use the term "gay" as an adjective but have no ill will towards homosexuals. Zimmerman was on the ground being pummeled and the facts show that. His MMA stint goes out the window at that point. Also, if they trainer wanted any clout in his career and business he would have said George was MMA expert.

In a court of law, you're innocent until proven guilty. George and OJ are both INNOCENT.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

So if you are racist you don't have the right to defend yourself? that makes since People profile people and make decisions based on race(among many other things) all of the time, all races do it and if you don't believe me you are clueless...i personally think you are just trollin since you have guys putting you on ignore lists...but your argument is ridiculous...here in the United States we are innocent until proven guilty, and youre not judged by what the "media" or fools on twitter suggest..."he wasnt found innocent he was found not guilty"...i even clowed on some media fks earlier in this thread for saying the same thing...some people are hopeless
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: boeing power

Dr.Gonzo

You don't know what you're talking about, try to get your information from somewhere other than the cultural marxist press and you might be able to engage in a dialogue without embarrassing yourself.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Wrong charge by the prosecution. They went greedy wanting to convict for murder when the case was involuntary manslaughter at best.
    Yeah I didn't even realize they were going for 2nd degree murder. That was really stupid on their part.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Business as usual.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

And Trayvon stated he was a cracker. People use the term "gay" as an adjective but have no ill will towards homosexuals. Zimmerman was on the ground being pummeled and the facts show that. His MMA stint goes out the window at that point. Also, if they trainer wanted any clout in his career and business he would have said George was MMA expert.

In a court of law, you're innocent until proven guilty. George and OJ are both INNOCENT.

trayvon may very well have been racist. but he was minding his own business and even ran away to avoid a conflict. it was zimmerman who chased after him. so whether trayvon was racist or not is irrelevant since it was the racist zimmerman who was the aggressor and pursuer.

mma training involves ground and pound, which teaches you how to fight on the ground. of course the trainer is gonna claim he sucked since his defense is that he got his ass kicked by a 17 year old kid high on marijuana. no one is claiming zimmerman should appear on the next mma ppv. but to suggest that a grown man didn't know how to throw a punch or wrestle after 18 months of training is beyond ridiculous. plus the mma gym he trained at is trying to profit off the trial by offering the "zimmerman training plan." i mean why would they offer this if they believed zimmerman benefited nothing from it?

again, innocent and not guilty are not the same thing. if you killed someone but were found not guilty in court, does that mean you didn't kill that person? no, it just means they failed to convict you. so you were not guilty but also not innocent.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Trayvon Martin is dead because Zimmerman instigated the situation. Zimmerman who trained MMA thought he could take the guy but got his @ss whooped and used a gun like a pussy. That's what really happened. Since we can't prove what was going through his mind, the Jury made the right call based on the evidence, and their really wasn't much.

Zimmerman would of got manslaughter though, since it's a much easier case to present. A manslaughter conviction only requires the persecution to prove that Zimmerman was negligent which resulted in Trayvon Martin being accidentally getting killed, similar to a drunk driver conviction. Zimmerman would at least got 5-10 years and possibly got raped by bunch of black dudes in prison.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Trayvon Martin is dead because Zimmerman instigated the situation. Zimmerman who trained MMA thought he could take the guy but got his @ss whooped and used a gun like a pussy. That's what really happened. Since we can't prove what was going through his mind, the Jury made the right call based on the evidence, and their really wasn't much.

Zimmerman would of got manslaughter though, since it's a much easier case to present. A manslaughter conviction only requires the persecution to prove that Zimmerman was negligent which resulted in Trayvon Martin being accidentally getting killed, similar to a drunk driver conviction. Zimmerman would at least got 5-10 years and possibly got raped by bunch of black dudes in prison.
    He was acquitted of manslaughter. In FL manslaughter carries a mandatory sentence of 25 years.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

World is a fukked up place. Just need to better it yourself each and everyday the best way you can. Fukked up.
    I agree. Honestly... our system is screwed up either way. I wasn't for Zimmerman or against him. My point is simple... when you are arrested for any crime... I think it's luck of the draw if you're behind bars or not. Plain and simple.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

trayvon may very well have been racist. but he was minding his own business and even ran away to avoid a conflict. it was zimmerman who chased after him. so whether trayvon was racist or not is irrelevant since it was the racist zimmerman who was the aggressor and pursuer.

mma training involves ground and pound, which teaches you how to fight on the ground. of course the trainer is gonna claim he sucked since his defense is that he got his ass kicked by a 17 year old kid high on marijuana. no one is claiming zimmerman should appear on the next mma ppv. but to suggest that a grown man didn't know how to throw a punch or wrestle after 18 months of training is beyond ridiculous. plus the mma gym he trained at is trying to profit off the trial by offering the "zimmerman training plan." i mean why would they offer this if they believed zimmerman benefited nothing from it?

again, innocent and not guilty are not the same thing. if you killed someone but were found not guilty in court, does that mean you didn't kill that person? no, it just means they failed to convict you. so you were not guilty but also not innocent.
    They offered the Zimmerman training plan because it was free advertisement on an international level. Regardless of his training he got his ass handed to him.

Zimmerman approached Martin. Martin struck Zimmerman. Martin pummeled Zimmerman. Zimmerman shot and killed Martin because he was getting his head bashed into the pavement. Zimmerman tried by a jury of his peers. Zimmerman acquitted of all charges. In the eyes of the law and how the justice system works he is innocent because he wasn't proven guilty. You can make your own lingo and justification up as you go but the DOJ and US Penal System, states he is in fact innocent.

I am not for or against anyone in this fight. I know Zimmerman caused what happened. The justice system did what it was supposed to do. Without a reasonable doubt, Zimmerman walks free.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Zimmerman is as white as Obama...

Move on...

You guys are being played!!

Dr.Gonzo

mma training involves ground and pound, which teaches you how to fight on the ground. of course the trainer is gonna claim he sucked since his defense is that he got his ass kicked by a 17 year old kid high on marijuana. no one is claiming zimmerman should appear on the next mma ppv. but to suggest that a grown man didn't know how to throw a punch or wrestle after 18 months of training is beyond ridiculous. plus the mma gym he trained at is trying to profit off the trial by offering the "zimmerman training plan." i mean why would they offer this if they believed zimmerman benefited nothing from it
    Zimmerman went through a McMMA training program, where's the evidence of a tough sparring program?

Marijuana is considered a performance enhancer in some BJJ circles, regardless of whether that is true or not it's use is so common that it's misleading to suggest it's completely debilitating.

I would suggest that after he was suckerpunched, assuming this is what happened, all his training went out the window, he wasn't prepared to deal with a situation like this in real life.

Of course the gym is trying to capitalize of this situation, they're running a business.

The evidence suggests that Zimmerman was losing the fight.

The only thing you're right about is he isn't innocent, we can't know what really happened, rather he is not guilty.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    Fck off sblib.
    Shut up you fake sh*t.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

I think the burden of proof should be flipped in this situation. We know you killed an unarmed man. Prove the situation was unavoidable.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

why does the national news choose a story like this to run with? what is the point? seems relatively unimportant. seems like local news.

story designed to get people to take sides and feel like they have a project.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    I think the burden of proof should be flipped in this situation. We know you killed an unarmed man. Prove the situation was unavoidable.
    That would be cool. Pretty fukking trashed right now, and am trying to figure out why that wouldn't work.

Actually, depending on his defense, the burden most likely did shift to him.

NYSportsGuy210

I think the "Stand Your Ground" policy in Florida negates this.

Florida became the first state to pass a specific Stand Your Ground law in 2005, essentially expanding self-defense zones from the home to most public places. Seventeen states now have such laws.

“It's hard to imagine that this couldn't have been resolved by [Mr. Zimmerman] leaving, so that no one would've gotten hurt, so this is a case where the Stand Your Ground law can actually make a legal difference,” says former federal prosecutor Jeffrey Bellin, a law professor at Southern Methodist University, in Dallas.

“Even if you have suspicions about what motivated this, and you think there was a racial element and no justification for this shooting, the fact is he had no obligation to retreat under the law,” he notes. “If prosecutors don't have the evidence to disprove the claim of self-defense, they won't be able to win.”

ChalkyDog

It's amazing how rank and file everyone is on this.

Incredible really.

Dude killed somebody. And, I could have told you with extreme certainty where most people I knew stood on what they wanted in this decision.

Anyway, classic case of a DA trying to overcharge.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post

Florida became the first state to pass a specific Stand Your Ground law in 2005, essentially expanding self-defense zones from the home to most public places. Seventeen states now have such laws.

“It's hard to imagine that this couldn't have been resolved by [Mr. Zimmerman] leaving, so that no one would've gotten hurt, so this is a case where the Stand Your Ground law can actually make a legal difference,” says former federal prosecutor Jeffrey Bellin, a law professor at Southern Methodist University, in Dallas.

“Even if you have suspicions about what motivated this, and you think there was a racial element and no justification for this shooting, the fact is he had no obligation to retreat under the law,” he notes. “If prosecutors don't have the evidence to disprove the claim of self-defense, they won't be able to win.”
    I don't know shit about florida law, maybe they changed they very dynamic of self-defense. In every instance I know self defense as being an affirmative defense, meaning the burden shifts to the person asserting the defense. In this case, Zimmerman would have the burden of proof on the issue of self defense.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    why does the national news choose a story like this to run with? what is the point? seems relatively unimportant. seems like local news.

This is why George Zimmerman's brother was so angry on CNN when they interviewed him tonight. He claimed the national media tried to hype this up as a racial hatred case and make Jorge Zimmerman look worse than he should look.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

They offered the Zimmerman training plan because it was free advertisement on an international level. Regardless of his training he got his ass handed to him.

Zimmerman approached Martin. Martin struck Zimmerman. Martin pummeled Zimmerman. Zimmerman shot and killed Martin because he was getting his head bashed into the pavement. Zimmerman tried by a jury of his peers. Zimmerman acquitted of all charges. In the eyes of the law and how the justice system works he is innocent because he wasn't proven guilty. You can make your own lingo and justification up as you go but the DOJ and US Penal System, states he is in fact innocent.

I am not for or against anyone in this fight. I know Zimmerman caused what happened. The justice system did what it was supposed to do. Without a reasonable doubt, Zimmerman walks free.
    i understand it's free advertising. but do you not see the irony of offering a program that supposedly didn't help zimmerman even a lick against a 17 year old kid high on marijuana? so what good is it to anyone?

you believe the defense' versions of events, that's fine. i believe the prosecutors' version of events, mainly due to lack of dna and blood at the scene and the fact zimmerman started it all with his racial slur and ended with murder.

every expert lawyer being interviewed has repeated this like a mantra "not guilty does not mean innocent".... so it's not my "lingo." since i can't do it, maybe this lawyer will convince you that not guilty is different from innocent...

Juries never find defendants innocent. They cannot. Not only is it not their job, it is not within their power. They can only find them "not guilty."

A verdict of "not guilty" can mean a verdict of "not proven." Even if you are very sure the defendant is guilty, but the state has not proven it "beyond a reasonable doubt," then it is your sworn duty to return a verdict of "not guilty."

http://www.adsense2.com/duvall/innocent.html

so you believe zimmerman caused his death but don't believe he should be held accountable and punished? sounds like a failed justice system to me.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9278

Just giving the people what they want.

Look at the mob here. Gleefully calling for riots in the streets.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Because money is made in the mainstream media when fear and controversy is at stake.

It's a sad world when 95% of those with opinions of GZ and his acquittal have no intellect whatsoever on factual information. Just take a look at twitter for 30 seconds and your left shaking your head in disbelief.

What happened was tragic. A 17 year old is dead because of something that was easily avoidable. Because the 17 year old was black, media outlets ran with the story. Untold are the hundreds of inner city youth violently killing themselves over a dice game and an 8 ball daily.

As a society we are progressing but the media wants you to think otherwise. Instead of killing each other, why not educate each other and spread peace? I can tell you why. It's not the cool thing to do that is why. Brandishing a firearm, wearing a bandana, blunt behind the ear, and sagging your pants like you took a huge dump in them so you have to walk with your legs 4 feet apart is cool. You're hip then. This goes for all races, creeds, and religions. It's a travesty.

ChalkyDog

i understand it's free advertising. but do you not see the irony of offering a program that supposedly didn't help zimmerman even a lick against a 17 year old kid high on marijuana? so what good is it to anyone?

you believe the defense' versions of events, that's fine. i believe the prosecutors' version of events, mainly due to lack of dna and blood at the scene and the fact zimmerman started it all with his racial slur and ended with murder.

every expert lawyer being interviewed has repeated this like a mantra "not guilty does not mean innocent".... so it's not my "lingo." since i can't do it, maybe this lawyer will convince you that not guilty is different from innocent...

Juries never find defendants innocent. They cannot. Not only is it not their job, it is not within their power. They can only find them "not guilty."

A verdict of "not guilty" can mean a verdict of "not proven." Even if you are very sure the defendant is guilty, but the state has not proven it "beyond a reasonable doubt," then it is your sworn duty to return a verdict of "not guilty."

so you believe zimmerman caused his death but don't believe he should be held accountable and punished? sounds like a failed justice system to me.
    It's not failed, based on where you stand. Quite literally.

This country is founded in the principle of limited government and states rights. As such, Florida enacted laws that changed the outcome of this case, and the type of relief being offered.

So, yes - maybe the system is fukked, because Florida is able to make laws that seemed to lead to injustice. Maybe the system worked, because this has shown... I have no idea, I am sure fox news teabags can pick up the 2nd part.

Point being, the system in place is extremely inconvenient for a reason. While not perfect, it works extraordinarily well in the majority of instances.

The DA fukked up by overcharging, you could argue that is the part of the system that is fukked up. Who knows.

One person shot another person. One person is alive and free, the other one is dead. Besides that, everything else is just opinion.

NYSportsGuy210

There are several cases in society everyday where good people just minding their own business and not trying to cause trouble get locked up too. It really is a weird society we live in.

For instance suppose you are just walking down the street in New York city and you see a man robbing a woman of her purse and running away. Now if you go after the thief because you want to get the victim's purse back that's fine. But now what if he turns around and pulls a gun on you as you wrestle him to the ground and he tries to shoot you?

Most likely it's gonna be your life or his at that point and if you wrestle the gun away from him and shoot him before he lunges at you with another weapon you're probably gonna get hit with manslaughter. No here you are just trying to protect the frail and innocent and just like that you could go away doing 10-15 just because you tried to defend yourself from a crazed killer.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

He was guilty of Trayvon's fate. He is innocent of the crimes that the state placed upon him. I watch CNN too and that hot black attorney was trying to talk about it and that is what she meant. He isn't innocent in the death he is not guilty in it. In terms of the actual charges, he is innocent.

The state failed to provide adequate evidence that would put GZ behind bars. It's that simple.

He shot and killed T because he was getting his head bashed in. His injuries show that. Listening to both councils they made for a great case. The evidence just wasnt enough to take his freedom away. In the end he lives with what happens. His life will never ever be the same.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post

I'm not saying this from a legal stand point. I'm saying it morally. And I realize the law should, but doesn't always, reflect morals.

You follow a guy, a fight breaks out, you lose, so you kill him.

If you couldn't predict you might get your ass whooped, you shouldn't be licensed to ccp.

Just saying.

NYSportsGuy210

I'm not saying this from a legal stand point. I'm saying it morally. And I realize the law should, but doesn't always, reflect morals.

You follow a guy, a fight breaks out, you lose, so you kill him.

If you couldn't predict you might get your ass whooped, you shouldn't be licensed to ccp.

Just saying.
    Well when you say "lose" its not that simple. How do you know Trayvon isnt bashing this guys head in till he dies? I don't think GZ is gonna wait around to find out.

Secondly, EVERYTHING in the court is decided form a legal standpoint. It's not about morals....everyone has different morals. It would never work for the most part if we went by morals. I mean the Taliban has their own system of handling incidents base don their own "morals". How is that working out?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Gotta love how some in this thread are still saying "Zimmerman chased after him" and "minding his own business" when the facts have clearly born out that Trayvon hid and waited and also that he wasn't chased at all. Zimmerman had NO idea where the man was until he walked up talking shit trying to fight.

Yes it was a valiant attempt by the media t try this case on tv...but once the evidence came out proved a different story.

JUSTICE IS SERVED

First 1234567 Last