Sit ups with 25lb weight
    situps to the side
    lying oblique
    Leg lifts

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

i dunno but im sure TTwarrior will tell u that your doing it wrong.
    Then tell you your stupid and tell you whatever he says is the right way.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

ghey secks

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

plank

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Leg raises like rocky did in Rocky IV

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Sometimes I find myself saying “What’s the use, and why do I bother?” Nobody with a qualified brain can deny that these few things - which are important to most people who read my page regularly - are ALL true.

1 - The Fitness Industry:
    The very name - “fitness industry” - implies that this is a good thing - far from it. The main function of this industry is to “sell” empty promises and false hope to the average Shmuck. The magic words: Fast, easy, and effortless, will always make otherwise intelligent people, stupid.

2 - Weight-loss:
    A Registered Dietitian is the gold standard for nutrition expertise. They are essentially “diet” doctors. Every one of them will tell you that weight-loss is, and always will be, an “energy-equation”; calories-in vs. calories-out. Any reasonably healthy diet that causes a daily calorie-deficit will cause you to lose weight. Choose one, and stick to it! Stop over-thinking, “carbs”, protein, fat, and macro-nutrient ratios. Supplement companies and diet book authors use them to over-complicate eating and to promise unrealistic benefits of each.

3 - TV “BS”:
    Every TV commercial for EVERY product promoting weight-loss, 5 hours of energy, washboard abs, or a beautiful body, will ALWAYS have a disclaimer - so tiny you cannot read it - at the bottom of the TV screen saying either, “These Results Are Not Typical”, or, “When Combined with Healthy Eating and Exercise”. How stupid can American Consumers be? 10-Billion in annual sales - that’s “how stupid”.

4 - “New and Better” Ways to Get Fit:
    The Fitness Industry must be running out of gadgets - this is too funny - because the latest growing fad is “No Equipment” and “No Shoes”. That’s right; from contorted body-weight only exercise-routines - supposedly more “functional” - to barefoot running being touted as the most “natural” way to engage in this activity because it more closely mimmicks the way our prehistoric ancestors ran. Oh brother!

5 - Things We Should NEVER Have To EXPLAIN Again - EVER!
    Here's MY short list of things that if you don't "get" by now...you probably never will.

1 - Women Don't Get "Big" From Lifting Weights.
    2 - Carbs Don't Make You FAT - Extra Calories Do.
    3 - Abs Exercises Do NOTHING To Help Trim Your Waist.
    4 - People Who Preform "Side-Bends" with a Dumbbell in Each Hand, Are Dumbbells Themselves.
    5 - Protein Shakes DO NOT Make Muscles Get Bigger, Faster.
    6 - "Cleansing" Is For Suckers!
    7 - B-Vitamins DO NOT Give You Energy - Food Does.
    8 - If You Are Weight-Training Sessions last More than 1-Hour, You're Training Too Long, and NOT Hard Enough.
    9 - Eating Before Bedtime Has NOTHING To Do With Why You Are FAT - Eating TOO MUCH TOO OFTEN, Does.
    10 - 5-Years From Now P90X Will Be Just Another FAD We Add To The List The Other Fads-Gone-Bub-Bye.
    Bonus: Fast, Easy, and Effortless Weight-loss - or Muscle-Building - is an Effin’ Lie!

~Franny Goodrich

ttwarrior1

PATIENT: "Diabetes Runs in My Family."
    DOCTOR: "Or, Did You Mean to Say, Nobody RUNS in My Family?"

WEIGHT-LOSS "FACTS" That People STILL get Wrong. Well, no matter what you hear - these are ALL True:

1 - Nobody Can Deny that Dehydration is "Not Good". However, drinking extra water beyond normal hydration will NOT speed-up fat loss or flush fat from your body. "Super-hydration" is a myth.

2 - Many Smaller Meals Will NOT Speed-Up Metabolism. Digestion itself "is" a metabolism that burns calories, but NEVER more than are actually in the food eaten. People get confused about this and mistakenly think it speeds-up metabolism - they're Wrong!

3 - CARBS DO NOT Make You FAT - Extra CALORIES DO!

4 - Muscles DO NOT Get Flabby - FLAB Just Gets Flabbier.

5 - Olive Oil Is Just As Fattening As Bacon Grease. Yup, 100-calories per tablespoon. Nutritionally they're different, but that's ALL.

6 - IF "Starvation Mode" is True – then WHERE Are ALL The FAT Anorexics? The starvation-mode myth is something that MOST people STILL get wrong. I have a great post about it – find it, and read it.

7 - Your "METABOLISM" Has NOT Slowed Down – "You" Have!
    When people say, "Kids have such fast metabolisms" – instead, they should be saying, "Kids MOVE way more than I do -I need to get my ass moving more!"

8 - EXERCISE can NEVER Cancel-Out STUFFING YOUR FACE! Weight-loss has LESS to do with PICKING-UP weights, and MORE to do with PUTTING-DOWN your fork and spoon.

~Franny Goodrich

ttwarrior1

H.I.T. - A Conversation with my good friend, Personal Trainer; Emma Bass. Yes, that IS her in the photo.

Emma Bass is one of the United Kingdom's top Personal Trainers. She gets a little frustrated (okay, a LOT) when people knock “HIT” (High Intensity Training), yet do not understand it. She hears people say; “High intensity...oh you mean heavy?” - Or, “HIT is not good for females right...they’ll get big muscles this way!”

Emma and I recently had a great discussion about it. Here are the highlights of a few things we discussed:

High Intensity does not automatically mean “heavy” weight. Actually, the amount of weight you train-with should not be anywhere near, the amount of weight you can lift for a one-rep max. While I am on the subject, a “one-rep-max” or even a 2, 3, or 4 rep-max has absolutely no value in proper strength training protocol. This “truth” is hard to swallow for most gym dudes who love to load-up the bar with way too many 45 lb. plates, and then perform 1-2 reps as their equally idiotic training partner screams encouragement. As for those 2-hour iron-pumping sessions that are excessively common with these same iron-head-types, it’s just another indication to informed observers, that there are a couple idiots in the gym again. To train with maximum intensity, your workouts “have” to be brief - simply because high-intensity and long-duration (time) cannot co-exist. If the intensity is very high, the duration or length of your workout must be low.

Imagine if I asked you to run 100-Meters as fast as you could. As soon as I said, “GO!” you’d take-off at top speed, right?
    Now imagine if I asked you to run one mile as fast as you could. Can you run the mile at the same all-out pace you used in 100-meter dash; of course not. That's because as the distance of your run increased, the intensity has to decrease. No human being on earth can sprint all-out for a mile. Likewise, no human being on earth can lift weights with maximum intensity for 1-hour. You can either train hard, or train for hours - but NOT both.

Women getting “BIG?”
    The “Truth” that most muscle-pumping Gym-goers don’t want to hear is this: Hell, 99.999% of the estimated world-population of “Men”, do NOT possess the genetic factors to get as big as the muscle-freaks on magazine covers. What genetic factors? For starters, World-class bodybuilders are generally Mesomorph Prototypes. Body-type, muscle-fiber type, inherent muscle-shape, muscle-belly cross-widths, and natural testosterone-levels, are just a few things that separate "them" from the rest of us. A women’s genetics for potential muscle-growth is 100X worse than men's. Therefore, for the last time, women need to STOP worrying about getting “too big”.

Emma and I laugh when we hear people say, “I could look like the guys in the magazines if I took steroids like they do!” The truth is, NO YOU COULD NOT! The freaks you see in Muscle Magazines have both, the favorable genetics (i.e., Prototype Mesomorph Physiques), “and” they take steroids. Both are crucially important and necessary if you want to one-day grace the Olympia stage.

HERE IS OUR REAL POINT: If you really want the BEST training routine, doesn’t it make sense to choose the “training protocol” that is proven to be, the MOST EVIDENCE BASED, the MOST PRODUCTIVE, and THE MOST TIME-EFFICIENT...
    OMG, it’s a NO-BRAINER!!

BOTTOM-LINE: Will EMMA change the minds of the MOST guys or girls working out in the gym? Probably not. Will EMMA change the minds of the gym-goers who religiously follow every new training routine splashed across the cover of this month’s Muscle Mag? Probably not…But, as SHE ALWAYS SAYS, "HIT is your best chance of getting as STRONG as you can, in the SHORTEST AMOUNT of TIME. Who could possibly NOT want that? Only the “Uninformed”...and there’s plenty out there".

~Franny Goodrich

ttwarrior1

Sorry, Tell Me Again? WHY Did Your Personal Trainer Say You Should Be Doing This?

"FUNCTIONAL TRAINING" Another DUMB Fitness FAD We Will ALL Be Laughing at in 5-Years. No sooner had SKETCHERS SHAPE-UP SHOES been exposed by experts as a foolish way to get in-shape, now health clubs across the country are having a love affair with "FUNCTIONAL TRAINING".

At least this fad has "some" scientific validity and value. Unfortunately, it has little to no value to the average client being trained by the average Personal Trainer. Functional Training is used – and rightfully so – in physical therapy and rehabilitation. Here, it "does" have merit. When patience need to re-acclimate themselves to every-day tasks that you and I would take for granted, functional training is then prescribed.

In a nutshell, Functional training is promoted as a way to strengthen your "core" (another media-created buzzword), and improve your "balance", to make you stronger and better capable to perform "real-life" physical tasks, like carrying groceries upstairs, stooping and bending while gardening, or plain ole house cleaning. The objective is to perform strength-training exercises in an "unstable" environment. The SHAPE-UP SHOE works on the same principle. It challenges your "balance" as you walk in them. So what! Eventually it was determined that altering your natural walking mechanics was – for many reasons - unwise.

In gyms everywhere, we are seeing people sitting, standing, or lying on big inflatable exercise balls while performing resistance exercises. Again, the supposed value is that by creating an unstable environment in which the client must counteract, while simultaneously dealing with a particular resistance. Sounds good on paper, but the only thing it really does is prove that the Personal Trainer is a "dumbbell" themselves, and that the client is NOT using the best exercise protocol possible to accomplish what is probably their goal; to improve the way their body looks. Yes, you heard it here first: This form of training does not - to any great extent - cause improvement in overall physical fitness, muscular strength, muscular development, or body composition. Instead, it makes you look a bit silly in the gym, resembling a circus performer, instead of someone training in the safest and most efficient manner possible.

This faulty science is also behind much of the "Sports-Specific" Training that is being marketed to High School athletes, and athletes of ALL ages for that matter. However, that will have to wait, and be another topic for another discussion. The best "functional" training for any sport, is the "sport" itself. We get better at throwing a football by throwing a football. Conversely, the only thing flipping tires makes us better at, is flipping tires. Make sense?

Bottom Line: "functional training" does play an obviously important role in the lives of certain individuals. I am NOT hating on functional training per-se, I am against it being a mainstream first choice exercise application for your average "hey, I wanna lose a few pounds and shape-up" individual. These are the folks being ripped-off because it is NOT the best protocol; yet, gyms are hyping it at the "next big thing!" It is not.

~Franny Goodrich

ttwarrior1

The Office "KNOW-IT-ALL" is Wrong Again!

1 - What's Your “BMI” (Body Mass Index)? Who Cares, It Proves NOTHING.

Physiologically, the “BMI doesn't make sense. It makes no allowance for the relative proportions of bone, muscle, and fat in the body. Nevertheless, bone is denser than muscle and twice as dense as fat, so a person with strong bones, good muscle tone and low fat will have a high BMI. Therefore, athletes and fit individuals who work out a lot tend to find themselves classified as overweight or even obese. Look at yourself (naked) in a full-length mirror. NOTHING tells you how fat you are better than this.

2 - Will Diet Sodas Make You FAT? Are Artificial Sweeteners Dangerous?

The real answers are “No” and, “Not really”. These accusations are mostly media-driven mania fueled by food-alarmist and inconclusive studies - the most notable being “Oprah”, and a popular Purdue University study. For starters, the often-cited major study on “diet sodas making us fat”, clearly stipulated that these studies were inconclusive. Furthermore, these studies were conducted on lab-rats, whose body-chemistry may NOT respond the same as a human’s, and, the rats were given amounts of saccharine equal to a human ingesting a wheel-barrel full. Also, have you ever noticed that many “studies” on products such as “NutraSweet” attempt to convince us that the product is now found to be harmful, right around the same time that the “patent” for that product ends, and they’re trying to now push a “new” more profitable artificial sweetener, like - say - “Splenda”? Hmm…very interesting. Lastly, “diet soda” contains ZERO calories. Therefore, as a food, it has NEVER caused ANYONE to become FAT! Common sense says that consuming truckloads of artificial sweeteners is probably not a good thing. ; But “dangerous” or “slowly killing you” - probably NOT.

3 - What about Detox Diets and Cleansing Drinks?

Remember when people used to think that we all had "5-lbs. of undigested red meat in our intestines?" Well, the joke was on them. "Poisonous Toxins in our bodies" is one of the oldest and most profitable frauds in history. There's little-to-no credible evidence that Detox-Diets or “Cleansing” actually remove toxins from the body. Most ingested-toxins are efficiently and effectively removed by the kidneys and liver, and then excreted in urine and stool. That said, it doesn’t stop the bullsh*tters from blaming “toxins” for keeping you fat and unhealthy. Again, the oldest trick in the book. Don’t be stupid.

4 - Have You Heard About The “HCG” Diet? You're Kidding, Right?!

The HCG Diet for weight loss was originally popularized by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, a British endocrinologist. In the end, experts ruled that any weight-loss realized by this idiotic process of injecting a female pregnancy hormone was purely due to Simeon’s “other” recommendation: “follow a 500 calorie diet” - Duh! I am always surprised when HCG pops-up as a weight-loss solution. Credible research has repeatedly debunked the notion that it "works". The FDA has yet to ban HCG, but they did ban the selling and advertising of HCG without a warning label - it's a start. Reputable studies continue to refute the effectiveness of the HCG-Diet, and respected Medical Organizations continue to warn against it. Still, it continues to be freely promoted across the Internet. The bottom-line: It is not a sensible solution. "Long term use" issues will only be known when they can track "long term users" in controlled studies. Don't be the Guinea Pig that finds out the hard way.

Now you'll have the correct response when the office "know-it-all" starts their lunchtime roundtable rant.

ps: yes i know i copied and pasted this, duh wilber , hit trainer ttwarrior endorces frannie and vice versa

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

TT you're an idiot.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Random tennis forum with ttwarrior1 posting the same fukking franny goodrich quote?? http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...4&postcount=17

Doesn't anyone have a life anymore?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Letting her be on top and you working it from the bottom. You'll feel it the next day

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Leg raises like rocky did in Rocky IV

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Not being a fruit helps.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

i like planks alot them seem to bring out the oliques leg lifts to but some times i rip ass wen people are walking past on accident

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

jack knives
    leg raises on incline
    windshield wipers for obliques etc
    mix it up

Mikeyanks23

ps: yes i know i copied and pasted this, duh wilber , hit trainer ttwarrior endorces frannie and vice versa

So if i email this guy hes gonna say he endorses a fat fukk? doubt he even knows you. He will laugh his ass off when he sees the pic of you in your xxxs teeshirt with your muscular flab hanging down

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Doggy style or Missionary - but you must have good form.

Only exercise I have had since undergrad.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

P90X Abs .. it works

If you are serious about getting ripped abs and don't have the genes, stick to a very strict diet ... 60% or more is what you eat

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Best exercise is a clean diet for abs. GL pal

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Abs are made in the kitchen hommes..

No other way around it..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawley

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Did TT just copy and paste bomb this thread with articles found via a google search?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

drink beer

will end up with a 6pak in no time

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I do my own routine... consists of bicycles, scisscors, up downs, leg lifts, alternate leg lifts, oblique crunch, regular crunch, incline crunch, and dead even crunch - also another good one is in a roman chair leg lifts..

Mikeyanks23

btw TT i just emailed him your pic and nyour quote. Lets see what he has to say

frangoodrich msn

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Abs are made in the kitchen and cardio man....end of story.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

situps in the sauna

melt in the heat

limit your water intake

you will have a V in no time

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Abs are made for support and nothing more. Unless you are a bodybuilder or a metrosexual heavy squats will do the trick. Learn how to squat correctly and work the lift hard anf you will be ahead of 99 percent of people in the fitness industry

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Best ab workout = do 1 sit up for every losing lock that is posted in players talk

You will have a 6 pack before the super bowl

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

The best ab workout is all of them (as well as diet and cardio).

The ab workouts on p90x and insanity are both pretty tough. You won't go wrong getting hold of them.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Abs are made in the kitchen

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

What would you know?

TT buries you daily on training and weights.

Do you even lift?

OH and abs are made in the kitchen.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

High rep and diet. Cut body fat.

12 Last