zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

no carbs, starches, sugars or red meats and youll be thin

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    If you want to lose weight it's simple..

Eat one meal a day, and keep it under 500 calories. I don't care what everyone says about like 50 little meals. If you literally starve yourself or a month you will lose weight.
    Sure you will lose weight but this is about the worst thing you can do. Not only will you have less energy but it will completely fukk up your metabolism. If you ever go back to eating more than 1 meal a day you'll gain all the weight you lost back and then some.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Sure you will lose weight but this is about the worst thing you can do. Not only will you have less energy but it will completely fukk up your metabolism. If you ever go back to eating more than 1 meal a day you'll gain all the weight you lost back and then some.

I worked with a guy, weighed almost 3 bills and was on some 500cal/HGC diet. He could basically eat 1 chicken breast with spinach and some almonds each day. He lost about 60 pounds and looked horrible. He lost all muscle he had and because his metabolism slowed down so much, his body retained fat.

That's the difference between mirror weight and scale weight. Fukk the scales boys, women aren't having us stand on a scale before they choose if they're putting out or not, they're checking out our abs Gents, we all need to be working on getting TIMERBLAKE like abs, that guy pulls some serious tail.

Anyways, for nutrition listen to me, archie and mayan. Shakes as meal SUPPLEMENTS are fine but as meal REPLACEMENTS they're not a good idea unless you can't eat, then it's better than nothing. Protein from food is always better than protein from a shake.

Eggs, Chicken, Tilapia, Lean ground beef, Salmon, Flounder, Lean Chicken Breast
    Oats, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Ezekiel Bread, VEGES!!!!!!!!!
    Avocados, almonds, omega 3's

Portions boys, most of us lazy asses not in the gym everyday or working a construction job should be getting a total of 1700-2000 calories, I prefer to stay closer to 1700 because my activity level has been cut down quite a bit.

For fitness, look to Archie and Mayan and HIgherElementPowers. Those are the fitness gurus. Higherpowerselement wants us eating frogs, snakes and rabbits but that's not a summer time diet

GET FIT SBR!

You can NEVER outwork a bad diet.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

diet diet diet

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I eat Dinosaurs on leg days. Helps me do squats

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

chi_archie's diet is hugely flawed. Where's the fat?? Fat is good for you. Among other things, your body needs fat to make testosterone and serotonin. Here's a few simple little rules:

1. Eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass that you have.
    2. Eat 0.5 gram of fat per pound of body weight that you have.
    3. Eat some fruits and veggies every day
    4. Lift weights 3x a week
    5. Fill the rest of your diet with carbs
    6. Adjust calories until you lose 1-2 lbs a week.

That's it. No crazy boring diets. Eat whatever you like, as long as you get your macros in place. Use an app such as MyFitnessPal to track everything until you're good at calculating true portion sizes.

You cannot beat the Law of Thermodynamics, period. Most people have no clue about portion control, and that is why they are fat. Eat some plants, eat some animals, and move around a little bit. That's it.
    Last edited by chilidog; 08-07-12 at 10:28 AM.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    no carbs, starches, sugars or red meats and youll be thin
    You'll also have zero energy to get out of bed everyday.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Cut most of your empty carbs (soda, chips, sweets), never eat after 8pm and work out a bit. Do lots of outdoor work if possible. Bada boom bada bing.

Old school chicken and rice diet will cause people to gain weight. Most fat asses won't stick to it more than a few days. After they fail they'll be depressed and pig out and end up weighing more than they started.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    If you want to lose weight it's simple..

Eat one meal a day, and keep it under 500 calories. I don't care what everyone says about like 50 little meals. If you literally starve yourself or a month you will lose weight.

You'll lose muscle fast and end up looking flabby.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    sorry warmup sets and 1 set to failure is best for building muscle, u dont lift to lose fat, . That routine u have listed will do nothing but make you injured and maybe even lose strength and stamina

If ten sets of 10 is good, then 11 must even be better huh? Not, 9 sets sucks, 10 and 11 sucks

warmup sets and 1 set to failure, aka progressive resistance and progressive overload.
    im not sure which moron you keep quoting off bodybuilding.com, but you have said this dozens of times here and whats sad is you really believe it...unfortunately, it is simply wrong...in fact, couldnt be further away from being right... gl slimslow

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    You'll also have zero energy to get out of bed everyday.
    You'd be surprised. I'm a big Paleo eater for the most part (have my anything goes day once every other week) and have tons of energy. Sucked at first a few years back but once you get use to your body trying to trick you from all the years of crap it's a breeze.

No way I could be a vegan or anything but eat lots of almonds and plenty of fish and lean meats so no problem on the sluggish front.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    You'd be surprised. I'm a big Paleo eater for the most part (have my anything goes day once every other week) and have tons of energy. Sucked at first a few years back but once you get use to your body trying to trick you from all the years of crap it's a breeze.

No way I could be a vegan or anything but eat lots of almonds and plenty of fish and lean meats so no problem on the sluggish front.
    Sure, if you don't eat absolutely any carbs, your body will convert protein into glucose through gluconeogenesis, but if you're eating Paleo, then you're getting plenty of carbs as is with your fruits and veggies. I've had success on both paleo and ketogenic diets, but in the end, I settled on a whole foods diet (think paleo, except I eat dairy, beans, and some whole grains).

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    chi_archie's diet is hugely flawed. Where's the fat?? Fat is good for you. Among other things, your body needs fat to make testosterone and serotonin. Here's a few simple little rules:

1. Eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass that you have.
    2. Eat 0.5 gram of fat per pound of body weight that you have.
    3. Eat some fruits and veggies every day
    4. Lift weights 3x a week
    5. Fill the rest of your diet with carbs
    6. Adjust calories until you lose 1-2 lbs a week.

That's it. No crazy boring diets. Eat whatever you like, as long as you get your macros in place. Use an app such as MyFitnessPal to track everything until you're good at calculating true portion sizes.

You cannot beat the Law of Thermodynamics, period. Most people have no clue about portion control, and that is why they are fat. Eat some plants, eat some animals, and move around a little bit. That's it.
    You silly Chilidog, I gave a list of good fats including almonds and avocados. Also the fish have Omega 3's. That's PLENTY of fats.

Chili the guys on this site are on here 18 hrs/day average and they're metabolically retarded. Your diet can work but mentally its easy for fatasses to justify sucking on a twinkie because not all carbs and fats are bad.

It's been proven thousands of times over. I've eaten this way for long periods of time and have tons more energy when I eat this way. I usually can cut to around 8% BF as well.

If I can just get LOU on board to take this challenge and post before/after pics, then everyone will see. And then you can figure out a better maintenance diet.

Most guys here probably need to be on a modified protein sparing diet. Now that's a bland fukking diet.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    tt i need to get under 25:00 in my 5k and i need to build my core

tt help me build my core

tt you are my only answer

tt
    tt im very disappointed i havent gotten an answer yet

tt will you help me?

tt WHERE ARE YOU?