TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Why do some strippers wear crucifixes?

It's usually the Eastern European/Russian ones.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I wear a medallion of St. Anthony around my neck 24/7 and have done so for years and years. I don't even believe in Catholicism, or religion in general.

Who knows? I have to assume most are Catholic - a little repentance goes a long way with them.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

It's for the priests and popes that come in on their days off. Earns them LARGE tips

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Jesus wasn't a prude. He was known to hang out with working girls now and then.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

It's sexy.
    Don't over think it.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    Jesus wasn't a prude. He was known to hang out with working girls now and then.
    That could be the dumbest thing ever said on this forum.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

They're fans of Twilight.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

No Christian is perfect a stripper might actually be viewed higher by God than the local church leader.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    It's for the priests and popes that come in on their days off. Earns them LARGE tips

Maybe if they were little alter boy strippers

evilpsycho
    small hands = MANIAC
    evilpsycho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    No Christian is perfect a stripper might actually be viewed higher by God than the local church leader.
    not true at all dumbass

TheCentaur

Its like wearing an SBR tshirt to a GA meeting.

I asked her about it and she was kind of defensive. Then she asked me "Don't you believe in God?" Bizarre

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

This sounds like a good new Dad thread.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

If jesus came back he wouldn't want to see so many crosses.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

centaur still hung up on the stripper he met the other night...

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    centaur still hung up on the stripper he met the other night...
    You had to see this girl. And we had a connection. It broke my heart when she told me about the atm in the corner and if I come see her next week she might give me her number. I go 0 for 10 sometimes football season though I'm used to this shit.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    You had to see this girl. And we had a connection. It broke my heart when she told me about the atm in the corner and if I come see her next week she might give me her number. I go 0 for 10 sometimes football season though I'm used to this shit.
    about 10 years ago I fell in love with a stripper I met at Spearmint Rhino...this too shall pass...

TheCentaur

Is that her in ur avatar? Good gracious

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Why do people kneel before an ancient medieval torture device to worship their deity?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    If jesus came back he wouldn't want to see so many crosses.
    They ain't making Jews like Jesus anymore.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Its like wearing an SBR tshirt to a GA meeting.

I asked her about it and she was kind of defensive. Then she asked me "Don't you believe in God?" Bizarre
    Ha. Imagine her getting defensive over a strip club patron judging her on if she is good christian. What a dufus she must have been!

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Ha. Imagine her getting defensive over a strip club patron judging her on if she is good christian. What a dufus she must have been!
    I wasn't wearing a cross around my neck though. I took it off before I went in The thing about it is she made a conscious decision to put a necklace with a cross around her neck knowing she was going in to be a whore for money all night. I just dont get that.

Optional

I wasn't wearing a cross around my neck though. I took it off before I went in The thing about it is she made a conscious decision to put a necklace with a cross around her neck knowing she was going in to be a whore for money all night. I just dont get that.
    Yeah, and that's your personal right to view your own religious convictions that way. But asking her why she was wearing it is tantamount to telling her it's wrong. Far from being a bizarre reaction on her part, I could easily see you getting a slap in the face saying that to the wrong stripper.

If you stop and think about how both of you acted I think even you would be able to find a pretty good case to say she was acting like the 'better' christian in every respect. Not hiding the icon of her faith, maybe because she didn't think she was doing anything wrong and you knew you were. Going to work to earn a legal living, versus a person who came to leer at her and ashamed of it before his god.

I could go on, but you would be better to make these realizations yourself. You'll not only be a better christian but a better person. No need to judge people, and never without walking a mile in their shoes.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

JAKEPEAVY21

Yeah, and that's your personal right to view your own religious convictions that way. But asking her why she was wearing it is tantamount to telling her it's wrong. Far from being a bizarre reaction on her part, I could easily see you getting a slap in the face saying that to the wrong stripper.

If you stop and think about how both of you acted I think even you would be able to find a pretty good case to say she was acting like the 'better' christian in every respect. Not hiding the icon of her faith, maybe because she didn't think she was doing anything wrong and you knew you were. Going to work to earn a legal living, versus a person who came to leer at her and ashamed of it before his god.

I could go on, but you would be better to make these realizations yourself. You'll not only be a better christian but a better person. No need to judge people, and never without walking a mile in their shoes.

TheCentaur

Nah bro, I was raised baptist but cannot honestly tell myself I'm a Christian. I don't hate christians or think it's stupid, I would most honestly have to say I'm agnostic. Just being honest. So throw the "you are the worse Christian because she's just trying to make a living" out the window. And "legal" way of making a living? Please sir

I sense a general animosity from you which is fine I know I may not be well liked by many here. Believe me, when i asked her about it it was not in a judgmental tone, we had a conversation about how she was raised and what she believes. The last thing I was trying to do was possibly offend her, believe me.

Maybe it was in poor taste, I was just really curious about someone seemingly so contradictory.

*BTW I actually did get slapped, but i asked for it and it was with her

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

most likely was not a crucifix, but a simple cross. if she's eastern euro or russian, chances are she's russian orthodox which is not catholic.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    most likely was not a crucifix, but a simple cross. if she's eastern euro or russian, chances are she's russian orthodox which is not catholic.
    correct

Optional

Nah bro, I was raised baptist but cannot honestly tell myself I'm a Christian. I don't hate christians or think it's stupid, I would most honestly have to say I'm agnostic. Just being honest. So throw the "you are the worse Christian because she's just trying to make a living" out the window. And "legal" way of making a living? Please sir

I sense a general animosity from you which is fine I know I may not be well liked by many here. Believe me, when i asked her about it it was not in a judgmental tone, we had a conversation about how she was raised and what she believes. The last thing I was trying to do was possibly offend her, believe me.

Maybe it was in poor taste, I was just really curious about someone seemingly so contradictory.

*BTW I actually did get slapped, but i asked for it and it was with her
    No animosity. Genuine attempt to help. Honestly I thought it was more bizarre that you don't understand her response than anything, so was worth an explanation.

I didn't mean Christian in terms on any denomination btw. The religion was unimportant. But I did think Bapists were Christians too? No?

TheCentaur

No animosity. Genuine attempt to help. Honestly I thought it was more bizarre that you don't understand her response than anything, so was worth an explanation.

I didn't mean Christian in terms on any denomination btw. The religion was unimportant. But I did think Bapists were Christians too? No?
    No, I can understand her reaction, what I don't understand is the thought process of putting on your cross and going in to work at a strip club. It was really curiousity, not judgement.

Yeah Baptists are christians (well you can go to church and not be a christian though), but I was raised that way when I was a kid kicking and screaming, doesn't mean that's who I am now.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    This sounds like a good new Dad thread.

Madonna:

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    That could be the dumbest thing ever said on this forum.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Magdalene

Rock on DAD!