baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

PWin, you didn't get in.... b/c your boyfriend was upset about the break up between the 2 of you... and secretly put a pic of you and him 69'ing it to the MAX!!!!

Check your papers... just like u do your bags at the airport!!!

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    well I guess there's no way of knowing definitively if you were one of the actual white guys to get screwed by affirmative action

I personally support affirmative action, because I think it's hilarious and awesome, but one change I would make to it is that I would require that all schools that implement affirmative action must NOTIFY the white guys who get screwed by it that it happened to them

like all laws, my public justification for it would be different than my actual motivation. I would say that we need it on the grounds of "transparency" but really it would be because I think it's funny
    Congratulations on scoring a 178 on the LSAT indicating you are a genius in the 99th percentile and would make an incredible lawyer and be rich beyond your wildest dreams with a Harvard education...unfortunately due to AA you were replaced by a black guy named Tyrone who scored 25 points lower than you and said he wanted to be a Harvard lawyer to get his fellow gangmembers out tha can
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 04-25-12 at 07:23 PM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    In business, you're right. A lot more factors go into it.
    But in other graduate schools/programs, results in school are pretty much the decisive factor in your job search/land.
    Go to a good law school and finish in the top 10/20 % and you're guaranteed a good job. Finish in the bottom 10/20% and you're out of luck.
    Same goes for med school and pharmacy school I hear from my friends.
    I hear the same about the law and medical grad programs. Asians and Indians get pushed ahead. The op was talking about business world and although there is still an "old boys" network around the new school is just looking for bright minds who can make the business grow.

What kind of law are you looking to get into?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    I hear the same about the law and medical grad programs. Asians and Indians get pushed ahead. The op was talking about business world and although there is still an "old boys" network around the new school is just looking for bright minds who can make the business grow.

What kind of law are you looking to get into?
    To be honest, I'm not really sure. I'm glad 1L classes are pretty much set by the school. I think they let you pick one elective each semester, but for the most part they try to get you a basic foundation and then allow you to branch into your specialty a little more in the 2nd year.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Study and network. It's 90% who you know now.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Like Louis CK says... As a white man, I can travel in time to any era and love it. Whites have always been on top...

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

dj, in 50 years it will be planet of the apes.

no doubt about it.

get your guns and ammo ready

First 12