BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Why do you need a gun????????

Shoot Fukkin cans once a year in the Fukkin woods?

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

The people committing crimes with guns are carrying them illegally, so what does a ban do?

I'm not a NRA nut or anything, but I own several guns, which I use for hunting. I understand the self-defense argument, but I think there is a very remote chance that anyone needs a gun in self-defense.

Why is it that hunters have to go through training to get a license while you only need file for a permit to carry a handgun?? Educate the owners and ban the rest. Make it a requirement that you have to go through a rigorous training program to own a gun. That will knock most of the knuckleheads out anyway since they aren't interested in learning or don't have the money to pay for training.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

JJ you're going soft, you twink. Guns aren't the problem, it's the crims and fukked up people that are the problem.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Boys you are all missing the point. The reason for the second amendment is to keep the government at bay. Our founding fathers knew that if things got out of control sometime in the future there may be a need for another revolution. If that happens the average citizen will have to draw arms to fight for freedom from the government. I have my firearm and will be ready if it comes to that.

And as a side note I am probably going to join the NRA after this thread. Thanks JJ.
    Points Awarded:

TMoney33 gave samdapatriotsfan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Come and get 'em!

Extra Innings

Enjoy your time off baldy

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Looks like we are all going to EI's house when the apocalypse comes...I'll pay in betpoints

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

White leader, I will pass this on to the SBR BLACK CAUCUS, but in order to get our vote, I will require that you add a clause to disarm also our police force across the nation. It is in our best interest to also put forth a clause to get our Police men and women "JUICED" up since they will require to use their physical abilities to detain a suspect. A program with an effort to find a substance like nothing we have seen before to boost strength, awareness, and speed will be immediately implemented.

-SBR BLACK CAUCUS LEADER
    WIKKIDINSANE

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

let's ban guns so only the criminals and the abusive leos have them. and when their is a home invasion robbery, you can just hit them with your brooms while these criminals shoot your ass with their guns... good logic jj, you dumb ****!!!!
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave Ghenghis Kahn 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

EI is validated, don't fuk with him

PlayWright
    PlayWright's Avatar Become A Pro!

Connecticut based Sturm, Ruger & Co. released surprising news last Wednesday, that it would suspend order requests, after receiving 1 million firearm orders in the first three months alone of 2012. The company says its production capabilities simply cannot meet the demand. Comparatively, it produced nearly the same amount for the entirety of 2011, making 1.1 million guns. The company says it aims to restore normal operations at the end of May.

PlayWright
    PlayWright's Avatar Become A Pro!

No one needs a CDL to operate a 35' RV.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Banning guns would only give violent criminals the upper hand because their lawless minds don't need permission to carry a weapon...........

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

I dont think the Mafia would like this JJ.

But as a card carrying member of the NRA, I of course do not agree with JJ. People kill people, not guns.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do have to commend Mr. Gold for starting a thread with such a hotly debated issue. Way to get numbers up.

Extra Innings

True fukkin' story boys, not saying I could be as brave but at least I know I have the option.

The Battle of Athens was an armed rebellion led by WWII veterans and citizens in Athens and Etowah, Tennessee, United States, against the tyrannical local government in August 1946.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
    Cool we should also do away with freedom of speech!!!
    It already has been taken away.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like to play with guns...Too bad I can only afford a couple rounds of ammo.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Just like the Lakers, JJ is on the decline.

Terrible thread JJ.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    I like to play with guns...Too bad I can only afford a couple rounds of ammo.

and c=a
    I even have a problem with the FID cards. I do not need a permit or ID to exercise any of my other rights. Here in PA, you can open carry almost anywhere (without permit) and conceal carry permit takes about 15 minutes to get through the County Sheriff.

I think something like 1/100th of 1% of lawful gun owners use them in the commission of a crime. I would endorse strict penalties for negligence. Just do the background check and give the gun. If I break the law, put me in jail.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Enough is enough with innocent people getting killed

Nobody had the right to carry or have a gun

Most people do not know how to even use one

You never know if you have one that someday you use for wrong reasons

I am turning my no serial/ unlicensed gun in today to local police
    * Guns are used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year—or about 6,850 times a day.1 This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.2
    * Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense with a firearm every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America"—a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.3
    * Concealed carry laws have reduced murder and crime rates in the states that have enacted them. According to a comprehensive study which reviewed crime statistics in every county in the United States from 1977 to 1992, states which passed concealed carry laws reduced their rate of murder by 8.5%, rape by 5%, aggravated assault by 7% and robbery by 3%.4
    * Anti-gun journal pronounces the failure of the Brady law. One of the nation’s leading anti-gun medical publications, the Journal of the American Medical Association, found that the Brady registration law has failed to reduce murder rates. In August 2000, JAMA reported that states implementing waiting periods and background checks did "not [experience] reductions in homicide rates or overall suicide rates."5
    * Twice as many children are killed playing football in school than are murdered by guns. That’s right. Despite what media coverage might seem to indicate, there are more deaths related to high school football than guns. In a recent three year period, twice as many football players died from hits to the head, heat stroke, etc. (45), as compared with students who were murdered by firearms (22) during that same time period.6
    * More guns, less crime. In the decade of the 1990s, the number of guns in this country increased by roughly 40 million—even while the murder rate decreased by almost 40% percent.7 Accidental gun deaths in the home decreased by almost 40 percent as well.8
    * CDC admits there is no evidence that gun control reduces crime. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has long been criticized for propagating questionable studies which gun control organizations have used in defense of their cause. But after analyzing 51 studies in 2003, the CDC concluded that the "evidence was insufficient to determine the effectiveness of any of these [firearms] laws."9
    * Gun shows are NOT a primary source of illegal guns for criminals. According to two government studies, the National Institute of Justice reported in 1997 that "less than two percent [of criminals] reported obtaining [firearms] from a gun show."10 And the Bureau of Justice Statistics revealed in 2001 that less than one percent of firearm offenders acquired their weapons at gun shows.11
    * Several polls show that Americans are very pro-gun. Several scientific polls indicate that the right to keep and bear arms is still revered—and gun control disdained—by a majority of Americans today. To mention just a few recent polls:
    * In 2002, an ABC News poll found that almost three-fourths of the American public believe that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the rights of "individuals" to own guns.12
    * Zogby pollsters found that by a more than 3 to 1 margin, Americans support punishing "criminals who use a gun in the commission of a crime" over legislation to "ban handguns."13
    * A Research 2000 poll found that 85% of Americans would find it appropriate for a principal or teacher to use "a gun at school to defend the lives of students" to stop a school massacre.14
    * A study claiming "guns are three times more likely to kill you than help you" is a total fraud. Even using the low figures from the Clinton Justice Department, firearms are used almost 50 times more often to save life than to take life.15 More importantly, however, the figure claiming one is three times more likely to be killed by one’s own gun is a total lie:
    * Researcher Don Kates reveals that all available data now indicates that the "home gun homicide victims [in the flawed study] were killed using guns not kept in the victim's home."16
    * In other words, the victims were NOT murdered with their own guns! They were killed "by intruders who brought their own guns to the victim's household."17
    * Gun-free England not such a utopia after all. According to the BBC News, handgun crime in the United Kingdom rose by 40% in the two years after it passed its draconian gun ban in 1997.18 And according to a United Nations study, British citizens are more likely to become a victim of crime than are people in the United States. The 2000 report shows that the crime rate in England is higher than the crime rates of 16 other industrialized nations, including the United States.19
    Points Awarded:

TMoney33 gave Conan 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    I even have a problem with the FID cards. I do not need a permit or ID to exercise any of my other rights. Here in PA, you can open carry almost anywhere (without permit) and conceal carry permit takes about 15 minutes to get through the County Sheriff.

I think something like 1/100th of 1% of lawful gun owners use them in the commission of a crime. I would endorse strict penalties for negligence. Just do the background check and give the gun. If I break the law, put me in jail.

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are fukkin nuts!!!

Ban the guns you homicidal maniacs.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

jj is pandering to the foreigners on this board, will say anything to try and save the sinking ship

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    so the jails are full of fags
    Well if you rape a man or have been raped that qualifies in my books

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

loll no we shouldn't this is how alot of people earn a living, take away the guns for ppl who do not work in law enf. I agree

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

How do other civilized countries deal with guns and how do their crime rates compare to ours? Serious question, anyone know?

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    And how does that change the fact that their used daily to kill and mame innocent people?
    Automobiles kill and maim innocent people every day too. Should we all stop driving?

In 2007 there were 31,224 firearm related deaths in the United States.

In 2007 there were 41,059 persons killed in automobile accidents in the United States.

More people are killed on average per year in this country due to our freedom to drive than our freedom to own guns.

Furthermore, more than half of those 31,224 gun deaths were suicides, (17,352: 55%) so they don't count. That leaves about 12,500 killings/accidental shootings, over half of which fall in these categories: drug dealers or criminals shooting other drug dealers or criminals during the commission of a crime, law enforcement shooting people in the process of committing a felony, or burglars/rapists/would be murderers being shot by private citizens in self-defense.

At the end of the day, only about 10% of all gun deaths (3,000-4,000 a year) are of the truly lamentable innocent victim dying kind. Compare that to over 40,000 auto-wreck deaths a year. Ten times as many innocent people die in cars than by guns. And many of those car deaths are alcohol related. Are we going to ban cars or beer?

NO.

NO WE ARE NOT.

So all of you need to shut the fuk up and learn just because something scares you doesn't make it a problem, it just makes you an ignorant pussy.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 03-30-12 at 01:14 PM.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Come and get 'em!

fukkin right!

God Bless You sir for protecting my freedoms.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    How do other civilized countries deal with guns and how do their crime rates compare to ours? Serious question, anyone know?

Canada and Switzerland have higher rates of gun ownership than the US, but much less violent crime.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Canada and Switzerland have higher rates of gun ownership than the US, but much less violent crime.
    No way Canada has higher ownership rates than US.....link?

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Don't be using facts. Hysteria is the tool of the ignorant in the gun debate- on both sides.
    If anyone ever read (I doubt it on SBR) the Freakonomics books, there is a stat in there about kids being 400x more likely to drown than to die of a gunshot. Guess we should ban pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    * Guns are used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year—or about 6,850 times a day.1 This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.2
    * Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense with a firearm every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America"—a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.3
    * Concealed carry laws have reduced murder and crime rates in the states that have enacted them. According to a comprehensive study which reviewed crime statistics in every county in the United States from 1977 to 1992, states which passed concealed carry laws reduced their rate of murder by 8.5%, rape by 5%, aggravated assault by 7% and robbery by 3%.4
    * Anti-gun journal pronounces the failure of the Brady law. One of the nation’s leading anti-gun medical publications, the Journal of the American Medical Association, found that the Brady registration law has failed to reduce murder rates. In August 2000, JAMA reported that states implementing waiting periods and background checks did "not [experience] reductions in homicide rates or overall suicide rates."5
    * Twice as many children are killed playing football in school than are murdered by guns. That’s right. Despite what media coverage might seem to indicate, there are more deaths related to high school football than guns. In a recent three year period, twice as many football players died from hits to the head, heat stroke, etc. (45), as compared with students who were murdered by firearms (22) during that same time period.6
    * More guns, less crime. In the decade of the 1990s, the number of guns in this country increased by roughly 40 million—even while the murder rate decreased by almost 40% percent.7 Accidental gun deaths in the home decreased by almost 40 percent as well.8
    * CDC admits there is no evidence that gun control reduces crime. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has long been criticized for propagating questionable studies which gun control organizations have used in defense of their cause. But after analyzing 51 studies in 2003, the CDC concluded that the "evidence was insufficient to determine the effectiveness of any of these [firearms] laws."9
    * Gun shows are NOT a primary source of illegal guns for criminals. According to two government studies, the National Institute of Justice reported in 1997 that "less than two percent [of criminals] reported obtaining [firearms] from a gun show."10 And the Bureau of Justice Statistics revealed in 2001 that less than one percent of firearm offenders acquired their weapons at gun shows.11
    * Several polls show that Americans are very pro-gun. Several scientific polls indicate that the right to keep and bear arms is still revered—and gun control disdained—by a majority of Americans today. To mention just a few recent polls:
    * In 2002, an ABC News poll found that almost three-fourths of the American public believe that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the rights of "individuals" to own guns.12
    * Zogby pollsters found that by a more than 3 to 1 margin, Americans support punishing "criminals who use a gun in the commission of a crime" over legislation to "ban handguns."13
    * A Research 2000 poll found that 85% of Americans would find it appropriate for a principal or teacher to use "a gun at school to defend the lives of students" to stop a school massacre.14
    * A study claiming "guns are three times more likely to kill you than help you" is a total fraud. Even using the low figures from the Clinton Justice Department, firearms are used almost 50 times more often to save life than to take life.15 More importantly, however, the figure claiming one is three times more likely to be killed by one’s own gun is a total lie:
    * Researcher Don Kates reveals that all available data now indicates that the "home gun homicide victims [in the flawed study] were killed using guns not kept in the victim's home."16
    * In other words, the victims were NOT murdered with their own guns! They were killed "by intruders who brought their own guns to the victim's household."17
    * Gun-free England not such a utopia after all. According to the BBC News, handgun crime in the United Kingdom rose by 40% in the two years after it passed its draconian gun ban in 1997.18 And according to a United Nations study, British citizens are more likely to become a victim of crime than are people in the United States. The 2000 report shows that the crime rate in England is higher than the crime rates of 16 other industrialized nations, including the United States.19

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I am not turning mine in.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

is this real?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    loll no we shouldn't this is how alot of people earn a living, take away the guns for ppl who do not work in law enf. I agree
    were you ever in a situation where seconds count and leos are minutes away, sometimes hours? wait until that situation happens and you'll realize the importance of protecting your home and your family...

First 12345 ... Last