Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Guns have been pretty much banned in Mexico. Does anyone know how that's working out for them? Do they still have any violence there?

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Country Gun Death Rate per 100,000 2002Japan 0.07Singapore 0.24Taiwan 0.27Kuwait 0.37England/ Wales 0.4Scotland 0.49Netherlands 0.55Spain 0.74Ireland 1.24Germany 1.44Italy 2.27Sweden 2.27Denmark 2.48Israel 2.56New Zealand 2.67Australia 2.94Belgium 3.32Canada 3.95Norway 4.23Austria 4.48Northern Ireland 4.72France 5.48Switzerland 6.2Finland 6.65USA 13.47

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    Country Gun Death Rate per 100,000 2002Japan 0.07Singapore 0.24Taiwan 0.27Kuwait 0.37England/ Wales 0.4Scotland 0.49Netherlands 0.55Spain 0.74Ireland 1.24Germany 1.44Italy 2.27Sweden 2.27Denmark 2.48Israel 2.56New Zealand 2.67Australia 2.94Belgium 3.32Canada 3.95Norway 4.23Austria 4.48Northern Ireland 4.72France 5.48Switzerland 6.2Finland 6.65USA 13.47
    Source? Notice that there are no central american, south american, or african countries on that list. Curiously absent. Probably just a coincidence that the US is the only country on that list with.... a diverse population.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Source? Notice that there are no central american, south american, or african countries on that list. Curiously absent. Probably just a coincidence that the US is the only country on that list with.... a diverse population.
    Wrong...Take a deeper look and i hope youll realise these are all countries within the developed world...

U scared americans need to realise its 100% in ur head...From these stats u have a 0.0001347% of actually dying from gun violence so to those who use the bullsh1t argument about needing them for protection so back to school...

Ur smarter than that Crackie...
    Last edited by ACoochy; 04-04-12 at 04:00 AM.

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Wrong...Take a deeper look and i hope youll realise these are all countries within the developed world...

U scared americans need to realise its 100% in ur head...From these stats u have a 0.0001347% of actually dying from gun violence so to those who use the bullsh1t argument about needing them for protection so back to school...

Fear of being shot to death is not high on my list of concerns. There are plenty of reasons to own and carry firearms other than preparing for a [highly unlikely] shootout.

There are approximately two million defensive gun uses (DGU's) per year by law abiding citizens. That was one of the findings in a national survey conducted by Gary Kleck, a Florida State University criminologist

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

^^^^^ ha ha ha ... nice selective inclusion/exclusion of data ^^^^^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate

Not even going to waste my time pointing out the real rate for the USA is 10, 60% which is accounted for by self inflicted injury (suicide). I assure you, these people would have killed themselves another way (i.e charcoal grill).
    Last edited by Extra Innings; 04-04-12 at 08:47 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most guns are not accessible anyway if a prowler comes into your home so its useless

Most people not standing in the kitch 16 hrs a day holding a fukkin rifle guarding their land

Lets ban all guns

I think UK real hard to have a gun or they are banned completely
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PuckOff

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Most guns are not accessible anyway if a prowler comes into your home so its useless

Most people not standing in the kitch 16 hrs a day holding a fukkin rifle guarding their land

Lets ban all guns

I think UK real hard to have a gun or they are banned completely
    I keep a .380 in my pocket at ALL times....I have guns throughout the house, especially the .40sw....trip alarms, sensors, etc.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post

Let's hope you're not the .0001347% who has his house broken into and his wife/child beat/raped then set on fire. The police sat outside while this occurred.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/refere...ily/index.html

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

saying guns are the cause for shooting deaths is like blaming a pencil for someones poor spelling

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Zimmerman killed one person.

How many African Americans die at a young age due to their heart because of bad diet/poor exercise? Banning KFC would save more lives than banning guns.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Zimmerman killed one person.

How many African Americans die at a young age due to their heart because of bad diet/poor exercise? Banning KFC would save more lives than banning guns.
    there are countless cases like the zimmerman/treyvon martin case

the fact that this is the only one that got big publicity is depressing

innocent people die every day because trigger happy idiots have a constitutional right to own a gun

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Let's hope you're not the .0001347% who has his house broken into and his wife/child beat/raped then set on fire. The police sat outside while this occurred.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/refere...ily/index.html
    its a shame that culture has warped ur mind to such a point where u truly believe u need protection from the 1 in 10000 events (that's an everyday event remember, at least according to ur feeble mind) and where u can only provide responses filled with uninformed opinion, not fact.

R u really THAT scared EI??

Now go off and tell me how any of this doesn't matter with 2nd amendment bullshit

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Even if that family had a gun you just do not know if that would of stopped anything

So many people have guns and scared to death even to touch it

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Even if that family had a gun you just do not know if that would of stopped anything

So many people have guns and scared to death even to touch it

I agree, so many foolish people on here use the self defense excuse which is absolutely invalid

if someone decides to shoot you it takes all but a second

if you are a responsible person (since you have a gun we should assume that you are) you have your gun in a place were kids/visitors cant get to it, it is not loaded and with the safety on

if someone is determined to kill you there is no way you will have time to retrieve your gun, load it, take the safety off, arm it and shoot, you'd be dead 10 times by then

they only use for having a gun is to kill someone you dont like and claim selfdefense

the people on here will have us believe that they are so stupid as to walk with a loaded gun in their pants, in which case they are just as dumb as plaxico burress

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Enough is enough with innocent people getting killed

Nobody had the right to carry or have a gun

Most people do not know how to even use one

You never know if you have one that someday you use for wrong reasons

I am turning my no serial/ unlicensed gun in today to local police

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

it would be cool if the cops and federal agents didn't have guns all them all the time. No need to be strapped when dealing with average people just going about there biz. So I'm kind of for disarming the guards and cops.

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will keep my gun.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

I keep a .380 in my pocket at ALL times....
    I have guns throughout the house, especially the .40sw....trip alarms, sensors, etc.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    I agree, so many foolish people on here use the self defense excuse which is absolutely invalid

if someone decides to shoot you it takes all but a second

if you are a responsible person (since you have a gun we should assume that you are) you have your gun in a place were kids/visitors cant get to it, it is not loaded and with the safety on

if someone is determined to kill you there is no way you will have time to retrieve your gun, load it, take the safety off, arm it and shoot, you'd be dead 10 times by then

they only use for having a gun is to kill someone you dont like and claim selfdefense

the people on here will have us believe that they are so stupid as to walk with a loaded gun in their pants, in which case they are just as dumb as plaxico burress
    The responsible gun owner is the one who is Locked and Loaded AT ALL TIMES

19th Hole

The responsible gun owner is the one who is Locked and Loaded AT ALL TIMES

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Probably be more lethal if you sat on your enemy.

The guy in the photo has more Chins than a
    Chinese phonebook.
    Looks like his most deadly weapon is his diet.
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave 19th Hole 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

19th Hole

Extra Innings....
    I don't know you but thanks for the points.
    The best to you and yours....
    Have a Happy Easter.
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave 19th Hole 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Enough is enough with innocent people getting killed

Nobody had the right to carry or have a gun

Most people do not know how to even use one

You never know if you have one that someday you use for wrong reasons

I am turning my no serial/ unlicensed gun in today to local police
    why?

First ... 4567