andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

The real Trayvon Martin

Was Trayvon Martin a Drug Dealer?

by Dan Linehan on March 25, 2012

Above is the iconic picture we’ve been become accustomed to seeing everywhere in the media, used to represent the recent Trayvon Martin shooting in Sanford, Florida. From everything the public has been told, Trayvon Martin was a fresh-faced, innocent looking teenager and the visage of the man who shot him, George Zimmerman, is right out of a booking photo.
    The media narrative being sold is quite clear, Trayvon Martin is the innocent victim here and George Zimmerman is a horrible bigot who attacked the young man for doing nothing more than buying skittles while being black. Even Barack Obama seems to accept the fresh-faced innocence of Trayvon, stating, “If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon.” More on that later.
    It’s becoming more and more clear however that the innocent appearance the mainstream media is so desperate to apply to Trayvon isn’t at all accurate. The picture we’re used to seeing to represent Trayvon Martin appears to be a far cry from how he actually looked once he was a few years older.

Extended School Suspension
    There has been a lot of analysis about the character of George Zimmerman in the media, and surprisingly little about Trayvon Martin.
    For instance, a few days before he was killed, Trayvon was suspended from school for ten days.
    Still, Trayvon had nonviolent behavioral issues in school, and on the day he was killed, he had been suspended for 10 days from Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School in North Miami-Dade. “He was not suspended for something dealing with violence or anything like that. It wasn’t a crime he committed, but he was in an unauthorized area [on school property],” Martin said, declining to offer more details. Before that, Trayvon attended Miami Carol City High School near his mother’s home in Miami Gardens.
    There has been very little follow-up in investigating exactly why Trayvon was suspended for such a long period of time for what seems to be the relatively minor offense of “being in an unauthorized area.” In most schools, something like that would be a detention, or one-day, in school suspension at most. Not ten days.
    Of course, this is why Trayvon was staying as his Father’s house, so far away from school. And it also explains why George Zimmerman, who by all accounts seemed to stay on top of everything that happened in his neighborhood, didn’t recognize him that evening, Trayvon didn’t really live there, and was only in town because of the suspension.
    It seems we may not find out more anytime soon, as a lawyer representing Trayvon’s family has sealed his school records.
    Multiple Tattoos
    To learn more about Trayvon’s character, we have to look to his friends and family to offer clues. Unfortunately, it seems as if most people who knew him are intent on cleaning up his image, rather than discussing what Trayvon was really like.
    Even though Trayvon was only 17, he already was sporting gold teeth, and several large tattoos. This one was on his wrist, apparently of his girlfriend’s mother’s name.

This photo, taken from Tray’s MySpace page, shows another large tattoo that took up most of his upper arm.

Twitter
    It seems that Tray was also on Twitter, but his account seems to have been recently deleted by his family or friends.
    His screen name was “@NO_LIMIT_*****, as you can see from the twitpic account screenshot above. He was also a member of a twitter hash group #team4dat.
    At first, I was skeptical that anyone would maintain an account with that sort of derogatory slur in the title, but after doing some research, it’s apparent that it was Trayvon’s account.
    The account was in existence long before the shooting occurred a few weeks ago, and was deleted only recently, there are still dozens of references to @NO_LIMIT_***** in google’s cache.
    The associated twitpic account matches the account name and is still online at the time of publication. Most of the pics were uploaded months ago, so this account was associated with Trayvon long before the shooting took place.
    Several of Tray’s friends have been very open about referring to Trayvon using that account as well. His cousin, who is quite active on Twitter, refers to Trayvon more than a dozen times using the @NO_LIMIT_***** nickname.
    Violence & Gang Activity
    There seem to be several allusions to violence on Tray’s Twitter account.
    His friends posted supportive messages using it as well, about how happy they were that Trayvon whooped Zimmerman’s ass before he died.
    @NO_LIMIT_***** IMA MISS YU TILL I DIE DOG I KNOW YU WHOOPED HIS ASS DOE.. CUZ I PRAY GOD HELP ME AND WATCH YU LOVE YOU CUZZ REST ETERNALLY.

Another post makes reference to Trayvon having “swung on a bus driver” a few days before he died.
    Did that have something to do with his ten-day suspension?

On Trayvon’s MySpace page, at least one of his top friends, Romario305, is featured making a gang sign towards the camera in his default profile picture.

Almost all of this is in stark contrast to the media’s central narrative that Trayvon was a normal, happy, well-adjusted teenager.
    Instead of that, we are seeing long suspensions from school, tattoos, racially-charged epitaphs, and violence.
    Drug Culture
    Several of his friends have posted pictures of rolled blunts to twitter in memorial to Trayvon.

There is also fairly direct evidence that Trayvon may have been a small-time drug-dealer.
    On Facebook on February 5th, his friend posts on his wall asking to talk business. Trayvon says he doesn’t have a phone available and his friend says, “Damn were u at a ***** needa plant.”

That Facebook url should still work, if anyone is intrepid enough to check it out.
    Unless Trayvon was selling Orchids, it seems fairly reasonable to posit that he may have been somewhat well-known among his friends for selling marijuana.
    Conclusions
    Hopefully this info paints a somewhat different picture of Trayvon than the one the media has been forcing down our throats for the last several weeks.
    This is a complex case, and while all the facts are not in yet, we do know that Zimmerman was well within his rights to make verbal contact with someone he didn’t know or recognize in his neighborhood.
    In fact, that’s exactly what Neighborhood Watch groups are for, to be the “eyes and ears” of the community. It appears that Zimmerman was very good at this job.
    No matter how offended someone might be to have a stranger come up and ask what they are doing there, it doesn’t give anyone a license to commit assault.
    From what I can tell, Zimmerman was doing a routine neighborhood watch, called in someone he considered suspicious, and was maintaining a visual on him until the police came.
    Then he was attacked, had his nose broken and was in a prone position while crying out for help.
    Zimmerman was pinned to the ground, according to a witness, and was still being beaten by someone much younger than him.
    Many people are reading a lot into the weight difference between Martin and Zimmerman, but Zimmerman was also 5’9 and out of shape. I’m pretty sure many tubby thirty-year-olds wouldn’t do well against a fit, 6’3, 17-year-old.
    This is a textbook self-defense case, and I’d urge anyone reading to look at the full set of facts before drawing conclusions.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Maybe it's just early and my brain isnt at full speed yet...but I think it would be hilarious to hear the Martin family attorney Ben Crump try and read those Twitter posts written in ebonics with his lisp

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Andy, did you write that? That's got to be one of the worst articles every written. It contains nothing interesting. Most of it's written about his friends. Like Trayvon may have been in a gang because there's a picture on the internet of his friend Romario throwing up gang signs The tattoo on his wrist is of his mother's name, not his girldfriends mother's name The rest, if there's anything at all, is just stereotyping, like Trayvon having gold teeth That's got nothing to do with this case and to assume someone with gold teeth is any less of a stand up citizen than a wall street banker is heinous. Oh ya, those wall street bankers that made billions off the average joe's money didn't have gold teeth, so they must be good people.

Andy, if you're gonna troll, do a better job than this. This was really pathetic and I'm slightly embarrassed for you.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Andy, did you write that? That's got to be one of the worst articles every written. It contains nothing interesting. Most of it's written about his friends. Like Trayvon may have been in a gang because there's a picture on the internet of his friend Romario throwing up gang signs The tattoo on his wrist is of his mother's name, not his girldfriends mother's name The rest, if there's anything at all, is just stereotyping, like Trayvon having gold teeth That's got nothing to do with this case and to assume someone with gold teeth is any less of a stand up citizen than a wall street banker is heinous. Oh ya, those wall street bankers that made billions off the average joe's money didn't have gold teeth, so they must be good people.

Andy, if you're gonna troll, do a better job than this. This was really pathetic and I'm slightly embarrassed for you.
    What's a wall street banker got to do with it? Does he compare the dude to bankers in it? How do you know that he doesnt have the same opinion as you on bankers?

Think you are missing the point of the article. I think the fact that Trayvons buddies are asking to speak to him about "business" and need a "plant" are quite good indicators. Not that there is anything wrong with weed, but still very different to the media portrayal - which is the point of the article. Has the media been showing photos of him with the gold teeth? No they've been showing photos of him as a sweet 13 year old or whatever age from years ago

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

xo he understood ebonics and had a tat of one of his family member. to everything you just wrote, i say, so? He got nurdered and you better believe zimmerman will meet it one way or the other

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

ha ha. so true. props to you, bro

the mother is two puffs short of being a full-on crack ho ... and all of a sudden this ***** thug (her son) is a hospital volunteer who was recently awarded a Guggenheim fellowship

the great thing about this is that EHaines actually buys all this media crap and is right now going on a march. EH will be holding a candle during the vigil

EH has no clue what a ***** is.... and I see these fukking clowns every day. man, I wish could smoke the shit that EH is smoking

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

no baskets, the funniest thing is that andy - although he tends to come across as a bit "set in his ways" at times, is normally an intelligent poster - decided to post something from a two writer blog that is so ultra Conservative it's quite hilarious. It'd be like taking for gospel something written by Al Sharpton or Gloria Allred. It all needs to be read and then critically examined for what it actually is.

I think if we dig into either Martin's or Zimmerman's lives, we'll find stuff to smear them. Just as we would if I shot you. No one is perfect and it's all how the media frames it and what their agenda is. I'd be the single mom and you'd be the guy who was spewing racist stuff on a forum. I'd have hardcore Bible thumpers against me and you'd have the Liberals against you. Neither of us are bad people but they take snapshots of our lives and they run with it.

The sad part is that the most impartial stuff I've found has been from publications outside of the US, whether dealing with this or any other major news case. Everyone's going to make up their minds based on what they've read... just hopefully they've delved a bit further than the first Google result they find to support their own slant about the case. For every one of andy's articles, we can find many others slamming Zimmerman. These don't help anyone on either side. This one in particular is laughable for the obvious speculation but so are the many anti-Zimmerman ones.

Hopefully if he does get charged and this goes to a jury, they're a bit more clear headed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wikkidinsane

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    No one is perfect and it's all how the media frames it and what their agenda is. I'd be the single mom and you'd be the guy who was spewing racist stuff on a forum. I'd have hardcore Bible thumpers against me and you'd have the Liberals against you. Neither of us are bad people but they take snapshots of our lives and they run with it.

Shari comparing herself to Trayvon. Tell me, who is more likely to get their ass shot though, a single mom, or a gold toothed drug dealing tattooed theiving thug life glorifying 17 year old? It could have just as easily been you though wtffffffffffff

This white empathy/guilt is why society has become and is becoming shittier. So many whites search for common ground, a way to compromise, are determined to free themselves from stereotypical thinking. Meanwhile the group on the other side is unapologetically racial, doesn't give a shit about you, and is biding time until they can riot and go to war. Did you not see what Wikkedinsane wrote?
    Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    when it happens i hope the jews hispanics chinese and all the minorities join forces. Im ready. I am not Trayon Martin

It's a struggle because I know there are good blacks out there and i have known them, but when the OJ verdict was read it became clear how widespread selfishness and racism is in black culture, and how much reason and civility is lacking.

Compromise:Skip the war, cede contiguous territory of their choosing based on their % of US population. If it's where I live I'll move, I don't care.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post

Shari comparing herself to Trayvon. Tell me, who is more likely to get their ass shot though, a single mom, or a gold toothed drug dealing tattooed theiving thug life glorifying 17 year old? It could have just as easily been you though wtffffffffffff

This white empathy/guilt is why society has become and is becoming shittier. So many whites search for common ground, a way to compromise, are determined to free themselves from stereotypical thinking. Meanwhile the group on the other side is unapologetically racial, doesn't give a shit about you, and is biding time until they can riot and go to war. Did you not see what Wikkedinsane wrote?
    You're embarrassing yourself. If you actually read before typing you'd see that I said "if I shot you" as in Shari = shooting baskets. Him shooting me would obviously not end well. There's a reason I phrased it how I did. And not once did I compare myself to Trayvon or even Zimmerman although if you look in the large thread in the Saloon about this case you'll see a comment I made yesterday: "I'm not surprised this happened in Sanford". I am very familiar with that suburb of Orlando, moreso than I probably should be. Luck of the draw of dating a guy whose mother lived there. I know what it's like, or at least what it was like. Not a place I'd choose to live for many reasons. Low economic suburb off the freeway on the way to Daytona, before Lake Mary. Again, it may have cleaned up now but I really don't think so.

I'm not empathising with either side. My point was that posting crackpot stuff from a 2 writer blog trying to make a name for themselves is no better than posting a pro Trayvon article from two liberal wackos. We can all find stuff to support whatever... doesn't make it true or necessarily relevant.

TheCentaur

You're embarrassing yourself. If you actually read before typing you'd see that I said "if I shot you" as in Shari = shooting baskets.
    Come on Shari, stop with the semantic misdirection. Everyone knows in that statement you were attempting to compare yourself with Trayvon in that everyone has secrets or imperfections that can be manipulated by the media. If you were suspected of maxing out a stolen CC buying gourmet baby food and a gold plated crib then you being a single mom could be relevant. The glorification of the thug life by this kid is relevant, especially since it was not only hidden but the opposite was pushed on us. I just find it interesting that these "crackpot" articles show recent photos, screen names, and text messages whereas the initial reports show years old photos of the two involved.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Come on Shari, stop with the semantic misdirection. Everyone knows in that statement you were attempting to compare yourself with Trayvon in that everyone has secrets or imperfections that can be manipulated by the media. If you were suspected of maxing out a stolen CC buying gourmet baby food and a gold plated crib then you being a single mom could be relevant. The glorification of the thug life by this kid is relevant, especially since it was not only hidden but the opposite was pushed on us. I just find it interesting that these "crackpot" articles show recent photos, screen names, and text messages whereas the initial reports show years old photos of the two involved.
    Sorry dude, I'm quite literal when I type, hence why I purposely take 200 words to say something so someone can't attempt to try to twist my words. Zimmerman is having stuff written about the recent police calls of him stalking other "intruders" in his neighbourhood and two verified run ins with the law come out in the media - including one where another person he chased down in a car said he felt like Zimmerman was going to attack him. Martin is having people speculate about what he's apparently done although there isn't even any police confirmation of that. People are now dissecting his Facebook page, Twitter conversations, analysing Zimmerman's interactions with others no matter how innocent they were, etc. My point was that any of us would look like donkeys if a microscope were placed over our lives - especially as gamblers. This whole case is being played out in the media by some very poor "sources" on both sides and it's not doing anyone any good. Starting from the leaks in the police department to the whole march thing. At the end of the end of the day, one man is dead and another has a bounty on him and will always be thought of as a killer to some no matter the actual circumstances. Media in 2012 - especially agenda-driven US based media - is a hindrance most of the time these days, not a help. That was what I was trying to say.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

no baskets, the funniest thing is that andy - although he tends to come across as a bit "set in his ways" at times, is normally an intelligent poster - decided to post something from a two writer blog that is so ultra Conservative it's quite hilarious. It'd be like taking for gospel something written by Al Sharpton or Gloria Allred. It all needs to be read and then critically examined for what it actually is.

I think if we dig into either Martin's or Zimmerman's lives, we'll find stuff to smear them. Just as we would if I shot you. No one is perfect and it's all how the media frames it and what their agenda is. I'd be the single mom and you'd be the guy who was spewing racist stuff on a forum. I'd have hardcore Bible thumpers against me and you'd have the Liberals against you. Neither of us are bad people but they take snapshots of our lives and they run with it.

The sad part is that the most impartial stuff I've found has been from publications outside of the US, whether dealing with this or any other major news case. Everyone's going to make up their minds based on what they've read... just hopefully they've delved a bit further than the first Google result they find to support their own slant about the case. For every one of andy's articles, we can find many others slamming Zimmerman. These don't help anyone on either side. This one in particular is laughable for the obvious speculation but so are the many anti-Zimmerman ones.

Hopefully if he does get charged and this goes to a jury, they're a bit more clear headed.
    I agree with you about it being ultra conservative and a bit laughable. but I think the whole point is..not to convince ppl the kid was such a bad horrible person cause he sells weed has tattoos and has friends that throw up gang signs...but to just to portray that he isn't the little sweet innocent looking 13 year old boy wearing a Hollister t shirt the media is making him out to be. thats all.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I was hoping, although I'm much more to the left of things, that the right would eventually find more recent pictures of Martin. How so many people thought, "oh look at that little innocent 17 year old with his typical teen mall shirt, he's so cute and loveable!" When it was pretty obvious to those with any kind of proper education that the picture was of a 13 or 14 year old boy, not a 17 year old. Also, why does the weight factor play such a large part in the whole thing. Yes, Zimmerman was a lot heavier than Martin. Martin was also from what I read a 6'3 football player, you give me even money I will take a 6'3 17 year old over a pudgy out of shape pushing 30 years old guy who has 100 lbs on him no question. Anyone would.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    I agree with you about it being ultra conservative and a bit laughable. but I think the whole point is..not to convince ppl the kid was such a bad horrible person cause he sells weed has tattoos and has friends that throw up gang signs...but to just to portray that he isn't the little sweet innocent looking 13 year old boy wearing a Hollister t shirt the media is making him out to be. thats all.
    I think/hope? rationally that most of us if we were looking at this realised that they were picking the best pic they could find of Martin to highlight. Same as they do with anyone who's died. Like when you hear people say "she was the best mama, sister, friend, never said a bad word about anyone" etc and they have a pic of a woman in her early 30s and yet you know she died at 63 as a miserable bitch whose family never visited her and she'd chase people from her porch with a broom. That's what people do with the dead. They suddenly idolise them. I get that. And that's why I don't fall for that. Anyone could see that original pic wasn't of a teenager living normally in Miami. That was a pre-teen. Of course some will run with that, but hopefully as a whole we're smarter than to fall for that.

The problem I have is that both sides just seem full of it. So many glorified claims and so many omissions of facts. It doesn't do either side any good. It's like you'd think people would know by now that in 2012, everything will come out. A frickin' Sanford PD employee leaked info ffs. Add in Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, previous arrest records, previous police calls, school disciplinary actions, etc. It's like why bs the public?

And why does the media still insist on trying to take a side? What do they accomplish? Convince people Zimmerman was a racist who targeted a black teenager? Guy will get killed, some will hate Latinos, others will be convinced the "white man" is out to get them. Convince the public that Martin was just a stereotypical black thug? Reinforce beliefs to some whilst instilling fear in others every time they see a black teenager on the street. It's a no win. I'd like to say I'm not sure why the media pushes either side of these stories but obviously it's easy to see why they do. Fear and anger are powerful tools. The biggest motivators for many when voting. Twisted. Would be lovely if one day one of you guys in here who is so eloquent with what you think and feel, started a US blog that presents both sides of whatever a news story is. One that doesn't sell out or cater to your own personal beliefs. But maybe that's impossible. Maybe that's why it's not done now. Not sure.

The Kraken

The point is of the blog is quite obvious. However it's still very poorly written. If that's the best they can come up then they shouldn't have bother to write the damn thing.

Real classy to try and smear the reputation of a kid that was just murdered.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

The media actually does more harm than good with these dog and pony shows and rush to judgment when they hear about a racial case. Duke LaCrosse all over again. And if Casey Anthony and OJ can get off.....does anyone really think Zimmerman will go down if there ever is an actual trial?

TheCentaur

I think this article and peoples' questions about his past have very little to do with wanting to blame Trayvon and everything to do with exposing a biased media and the actions of characters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

99 percent of blacks will re elect obama, hmm, i wonder why

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The point is of the blog is quite obvious. However it's still very poorly written. If that's the best they can come up then they shouldn't have bother to write the damn thing.

Real classy to try and smear the reputation of a kid that was just murdered.
    I wouldn't say its so much trying to smear as it is just laying all the facts out there. Most people who have just heard the headlines and aren't news junkies still think Trayvon was the little 10 year old in the Hollister shirt and Zimmerman is a serial convict in county orange and is 250 pounds because that was the narrative. When in reality last month Zimmerman is only 5'9'' 180 vs Trayvon 6'3'' 150.....both years older than the pics portrayed.

Martin supporters spent weeks hyping Zimmerman's past from 7 years ago as his current state of mind and saying Trayvon was simply a boy wanting to go to college but when it turns out he was anything but a scholar or little child and Zimmerman is slimmer and older...the Martins say past is irrelevant.

I just shake my head how a 17 year old Trayvon is called 'a child' when others his age are of military age with parental consent...we all watch 17 year olds entering collegiate sports each year and wagering on them in basketball and football.....yet they are not called 'sweet little boys' they are treated as young adults. 17 is age optional to be tried as an adult in cases and the list goes on.

The Kraken

This is an amazing case study we are seeing unfold.

This case has a little bit of everything. Class warfare (black kid in a "gated" community), Racial tension (turns out the "white" guy is really more Hispanic), Media bias, Politics, Personal agendas (Sharpton, Jackson).

Now if only we had a psychologist with a ph.d

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

That entire article is a bunch of meaningless horseshit.

The kid throwing up the "gangsign" is apparently named 'Mario'...It's just as likely that he it putting up an 'M' for 'Mario' as it is that he's throwing up a gangsign.

wikkidinsane

Shari i love you.. Dont listen to them. I just hear them but they cant shake the man i am. I can honestly say i have little to no prejudice at all and none when race is the topic at hand. Peace anzd love <3 Shari

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    That entire article is a bunch of meaningless horseshit.

The kid throwing up the "gangsign" is apparently named 'Mario'...It's just as likely that he it putting up an 'M' for 'Mario' as it is that he's throwing up a gangsign.
    They wont understand you fhey sre ignorant when dealing with another's culture and revel in their
    "dumasfuksenslesness"

zoo youk

in respone to sharis last pst. i keep saying this over and over but it feels like as a society we are going back to the stone age as far as public knowedge goes , insted of progressing. and it all stems from the media or the arguements in politica. its scary cause it feela like they arw trying to dumb us down so badly but for what? mayb for the government to have complete control over us? who knows

zoo youk

sorry for typos. to late to edit.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    in respone to sharis last pst. i keep saying this over and over but it feels like as a society we are going back to the stone age as far as public knowedge goes , insted of progressing. and it all stems from the media or the arguements in politica. its scary cause it feela like they arw trying to dumb us down so badly but for what? mayb for the government to have complete control over us? who knows
    I'm not sure what it is but it's actually frightening. When some website can post a fake picture of a deceased person and suddenly that spreads for 24 hrs - and elicits all of this foul commentary - and when they finally admit, oops we f'd up, it wasn't him and they take it down... 1. the damage is already done in some minds and 2. why do we fall for this? Or how the first versions of the 9-11 calls were very edited to portray Zimmerman as the bad guy? Again: Some minds were made up. No matter what actual facts followed, including the entire call, people will still stick with what they first heard.

Why does the media do this? Unless you live in that community or know someone who does - and even then it's iffy - you're relying on complete strangers to give you "facts" about something that has obviously sparked debate. It's even been on the news here in Australia, as well as multiple news articles, etc. We're supposed to trust these people to tell us info that we can't find out for ourselves because we weren't physically there and for some of us, are nowhere close to there. If I stumble across a pro Zimmerman article, maybe I'll be on his side. If the first Google result is a pro Martin article, maybe I'll be on his. Let the big race war begin. People debating if the guy with a white dad and a Latino mom is actually white or should be considered brown. Does the black kid's life mean any more or less than the next kid's because he had been suspended from school and happened to be wearing a hoodie. Really I feel like this stuff just makes us more insular yet again. Stay at home, protect your kids, stick with your own. It's all whoreshit. So many brains on something as silly as a gambling forum and yet I feel a bit like we're all just puppets no matter how great everyone's opinions are. Getting riled up about something yet again that regardless of the outcome, it just won't be good in the end.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I hope you are joking.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    I hope you are joking.
    Why? I do hope they're more clear headed than most of us. We're all getting fed garbage. Look at some of the things people have posted as facts on SBR. Complete nonsense. And yet even when it comes out that it was wrong, misinterpreted, unsubstantiated and someone just jumped to a conclusion or whatever, it's not like anyone goes back to amend what they originally said.

I'm on Skype with a friend in DC and we're talking about how this is almost as bad as the Rodney King or even the OJ case. But at the time the Internet wasn't really prevalent so we were waiting for Katie Couric and whomever else to tell us the "news". Now we're so overloaded with social media and apparent news outlets that it's hard to keep it straight, even if you don't really want to know about it. And she made a good point - back then, yeah they had riots in LA for Rodney. Today because of the Internet, you can mobilise - and infuriate - people everywhere. Stuff is scary when we don't have all the facts of what happened. At least to me.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm kind of sick of hearing this story. It was all over the morning Detroit radio stations... and yes it's the first black/white saga in a long time. So, this Zimmerman was a want to be cop? This Martin was in a white hood supposedly? I'm just going to say... it was being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Plain and simple. What 17 year old black doesn't act like a THUG? Come on now. And what Rent-A-Cop doesn't act like A REAL COP??? Ok?? Get my drift? Both are guilty... yet one is dead. End of story.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

If this Zimmerman guy was so afraid then why did he keep following the kid and then confront him? If you are really 'afraid for your life' then wouldn't you go the other way? Wait for the police? Keep your distance? If you think he is so dangerous, why would you approach him? Why would you confront him when help is just minutes away? It doesn't make any sense.

wikkidinsane

nrw police video of zimmerman, the night of the sjooting. Where are the bandages and why are the cops goving him all this room and courtesy . old buddies i guess

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/georg...lance-16024475

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

when will you all cut this bullshit and stop acting like he's some tooth fairy?

it is impossible to make you guys see reality b/c either (1) you can't think for yourself or (2) you have not thoroughly dealt with ******

if you ever deal with these ****** in the system, you'd smarten up real quick. but keep on dreaming in fantasy land. I love reading shit posted by people who have no idea on this fukking topic

shari91

How about you tell us all about Trayvon Martin, baskets? Let us know exactly what kind of person he was. Include personal pics of the two of you together if possible since you know him so well. And then please do the same for George Zimmerman. I'm sure you've got some pics of you and him too. Since you seem to think you're the authority on all of this.

Or when you don't produce those pics, how about you just admit that you are making judgements based on your own inherent prejudices, whatever they may be. Don't try to tell a thread of people who have all spoken very respectfully about a topic involving one dead man and one who may very well be killed that you know better than us unless you can prove you actually do. The same topic that is igniting nasty comments everywhere, including in other threads, yet this one has managed to steer clear and just try have a discussion.

Good luck. I'm sure we'll all be waiting for the knowledge you have since we have "no fukkin clue on the topic". Which means you do, right?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Why? I do hope they're more clear headed than most of us. We're all getting fed garbage. Look at some of the things people have posted as facts on SBR. Complete nonsense. And yet even when it comes out that it was wrong, misinterpreted, unsubstantiated and someone just jumped to a conclusion or whatever, it's not like anyone goes back to amend what they originally said.
    sbr is what makes up a jury. people that actually have a life don't sit on jury duty.

12 Last