Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

At least one of the two parties involved is actually working for their %

A DC has to have a processor to complete the transactions correct? Are they simply supposed to be done for free while the people swiping the cards are just getting nachos to take back to a subsidized house this winter on govt paid heat and enjoying free internet and cell phones through other govt programs?

Only perfect solution to the scenario is to just not have a welfare program.....let 'em kill what they eat or get hungry enough to take a job washing dishes or cleaning toilets/mowing lawns.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Florida is doing this. I read that the money is being paid for by the welfare system so seems like a good idea. The number flunking is going to be crazy high.
    well your deg gambling habit will pass a piss test, so that theory is flawed!

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    well your deg gambling habit will pass a piss test, so that theory is flawed!
    You on welfare? You probably shouldnt be gambling if your on welfare..

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    So many people need and deserve this help, do not get me wrong.....but so many people abuse it. There is help for food, help for medical benefits, even help to pay your electricity and utilities. But get this.....the state wont help you pay for utilities, UNTIL you get a shut off notice....they actually give you incentive to not pay your utility bill.....because once you get the shutoff notice, the state will step in and help you pay it off once a year.

I would imagine 15-20% are lying and abusing the system. These days though, there are too many people who actually use the benefits correctly and need the help, that the state is pretty much handcuffed in what they can do. It is very common for someone to sell their EBT card for 50% of it's worth.

On the flip side....I dont think we should get into the habit of telling people what they can spend their money on. If its cake that they want, instead of good food, well I guess that's up to them. Shame though. So many families are brought up this way and taught to strive for nothing more. Heartbreaking really.
    I can't agree with you there. It's not their money. If a parent gave their kid 40 dollars to go buy some shoes, but instead he buys an 1/8; shouldn't the parent be mad?

Direct money to subordinates will never work; and will always be a complete waste of money. Instead there should be 'cook houses' that feed large numbers of ppl. I'm sure ppl might think "but there are millions of ppl receiving 'food stamps' ", sure, but the efficiency of 'cook houses' can easily save money for the states. This will allow all who need food to come and eat at each meal.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    Not to be racist or anything but uhhh....

I see black people doing this all the time. Carts full of fuking ribs and amazing food, then bust out food stamps.

It does suck that I have to pay for my food.
    "Not to be racist" is always a bad start for a response. Just say it. It can only go downhill fast after that.

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post

Lets see lobsters check, racks of ribs check, cakes check, okay honey I think we got all the essentials, swipe that welfare card and I'll load this shit up in the Escalade
    Holy shit there actually is a lady who was in Walmart in front of me that brought 6 cases of beer and $500 worth of food .This lady had diamonds everywhere and she paid for the food with EBT but when it came to the beer she pulled out a roll of 100's as thick as a brick of cheese and paid for the beer.She got to the parking lot and happened to park next to me she was busy arguing with the people on the other side saying she shouldnent receive shit from the government.I agree.She had a Escalade .

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I can't agree with you there. It's not their money. If a parent gave their kid 40 dollars to go buy some shoes, but instead he buys an 1/8; shouldn't the parent be mad?

Direct money to subordinates will never work; and will always be a complete waste of money. Instead there should be 'cook houses' that feed large numbers of ppl. I'm sure ppl might think "but there are millions of ppl receiving 'food stamps' ", sure, but the efficiency of 'cook houses' can easily save money for the states. This will allow all who need food to come and eat at each meal.
    I see this point, and it could probably work. Soup kitchens are already in place for the poor. The maximum amount that an individual in my state can get is 200$ in food stamps, which is obviously not enough food for an entire month, if we allow folks to eat a varied/quality diet.

The problem with the USA is and always will be our personal freedoms. Of course they are what makes the country great...but also what fuels this dilemma. Just because someone struggles to survive (sometimes due to reasons beyond their control) doesn't mean they should also lose their autonomy and ability to decide for themselves.

This issue truly is one that has no clear cut solution...even though we can all agree that its current system is quite flawed.

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

It might not be a welfare card.
    Some states also put unemployment payments on those cards also.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

That's a good point too. I think most states use debit cards for unemployment.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    I was in Walmart yesterday and this guy in front of me in line was buying 4 boxes of cake mix and 4 tubes of icing. I thought to myself...wow I love cake I bet that will be good! Then....he pulls out his fuckkin "Lone Star Card" and pays for it with the welfare DC. I thought that was supposed to be used for actual food and milk............FUKKKIN CAKE???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Why do I even bother going to work??? Makes me sick
    Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.........Let them eat cake.

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

How would all the people on welfare buy cracks and weed if they couldn't turn their benefits into hard cash. Some of them have too much self respect to sell their ass, plus it's hard work walking the streets.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

People on welfare should have mandatory drug testing.

You want a piece of my tax dollars stay clean MF'ers

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    i managed a grocery store in daytona beach and people use to come in and buy 15 steaks or whatever and go right outside and sell it to people coming in store. i also knew a girl who would sell her card and pin for the month for less. she got 300 a month and would sell it for 150.
    This is why this country is in a recession. She should get closer to full price for that. #dumbass hell, I'd pay 90% for it, 10% off groceries would be great!

Mike Crook
    Mike Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Florida is doing this. I read that the money is being paid for by the welfare system so seems like a good idea. The number flunking is going to be crazy high.
    omg drug test are so easy to beat its just another dumb move. It will cost alot of money and do nothing..lol

Mike Crook
    Mike Crook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just remember welfare keeps down crime.. with out food stamp..he might be selling youre tv for dinner,

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unemployment pay is put on a DC with **** logo. You can use it at offshore books. Ebt is a card with no logo. You can only use it at places that have a separate ebt processor. If some states you can get ebt cash where you can withdrawal cash

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I'm totally appalled when I go into Sam's club and see morbidly obese people with welfare entitlements buying all kinds of Kool Aid and Jungle Juice by the cartload. Not to sound insensitive to someone with a disability, but if you are so freaking obese that you have to drive the motorized rascal cart over to the pork chop aisle, there is really a problem.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crook View Post
    Just remember welfare keeps down crime.. with out food stamp..he might be selling youre tv for dinner,
    Epic fukkin fail. Has crime decreased significantly over the past 50 years with the implementation of welfare? Hell no. Individual's security systems, i.e guns, deters crime.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Epic fukkin fail. Has crime decreased significantly over the past 50 years with the implementation of welfare? Hell no. Individual's security systems, i.e guns, deters crime.
    Abortions have helped crime rates go down as well.

wtt0315

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Abortions have helped crime rates go down as well.
    which here in florida you can get public assistance for also

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i accept ebt on website for my gambling picks, it's money well spent by my customers and they are happy

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by dbartinbwgc View Post
    It might not be a welfare card.
    Some states also put unemployment payments on those cards also.
    Child support is on a DC as well. Fuking ex-wife.

wtt0315

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Child support is on a DC as well. Fuking ex-wife.
    yeah those are **** debit cards also though. So she can deposit at bodog with it

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i dont mind if they buy cake mix.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    yeah those are **** debit cards also though. So she can deposit at bodog with it
    I should have my son get the pin, and card number.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Now that they're using cards, I imagine they are collecting all that data of who buys what.. I have no idea what they can/will do with that data.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Now that they're using cards, I imagine they are collecting all that data of who buys what.. I have no idea what they can/will do with that data.
    They can set up restrictions as they see fit when people aren't buying stuff from the conglomerate food companies that JP has vested interests in.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    i dont mind if they buy cake mix.
    You don't think it should be used to buy real food for their families?

wtt0315

you ever see ttwarrior?
    thats real food for that guy

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i think thats just not our place to tell people what sort of food they can get. its not like we would adjust the amount of the received benefit because the person was spending it all on 2 days worth of food or food that you think tastes so good that its a luxury.

i do however, understand the concept that it is to help sustain life and help them not starve and not to help them "eat good"

They will get the same amount regardless of what is purchased (an amount that should be enough food until the next feeding). Instead of worrying about what is bought with welfare, we should focus on instituting welfare to work programs. (fiscally-responsible training, placement assistance, guidance etc and a time limit that takes proof of job searching to extend)

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    i think thats just not our place to tell people what sort of food they can get. its not like we would adjust the amount of the received benefit because the person was spending it all on 2 days worth of food or food that you think tastes so good that its a luxury. i do however, understand the concept that it is to help sustain life and help them not starve and not to help them "eat good" ............................. They will get the same amount regardless of what is purchased (an amount that should be enough food until the next feeding). Instead of worrying about what is bought with welfare, we should focus on instituting welfare to work programs. (fiscally-responsible training, placement assistance, guidance etc and a time limit that takes proof of job searching to extend)
    It ABSOLUTELY matters what they are buying. The bigger budget issue is the drain of Medicaid on the healthcare system. When you eat pork chops, cake, and kool aid, you end up overweight with diabetes. In the long run, that will end up costing the Obamacare system a lot more.
    There are people that need help, and it does sicken me to think of a child going hungry in the wealthiest country in the nation. But with everything computerized now, it would be simple enough -though I'm sure there is some liberal that would cry racial profiling- to categorize foods eligible for food stamps. Any drinks should be off limits. Go fill a glass of water. And instead of spending it on cheap sausage and cake, go get some bread, produce, peanut butter, milk, etc.

First 12