DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

What are your feelings on welfare debit cards?

I was in Walmart yesterday and this guy in front of me in line was buying 4 boxes of cake mix and 4 tubes of icing. I thought to myself...wow I love cake I bet that will be good! Then....he pulls out his fuckkin "Lone Star Card" and pays for it with the welfare DC. I thought that was supposed to be used for actual food and milk............FUKKKIN CAKE???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Why do I even bother going to work??? Makes me sick
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: goduke

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Sucks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not to be racist or anything but uhhh....

I see black people doing this all the time. Carts full of fuking ribs and amazing food, then bust out food stamps.

It does suck that I have to pay for my food.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i managed a grocery store in daytona beach and people use to come in and buy 15 steaks or whatever and go right outside and sell it to people coming in store. i also knew a girl who would sell her card and pin for the month for less. she got 300 a month and would sell it for 150.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

was it TTWarrior by any chance

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    Not to be racist or anything but uhhh....

I see black people doing this all the time. Carts full of fuking ribs and amazing food, then bust out food stamps.

It does suck that I have to pay for my food.
    you live in the hood? Im Black and I never see this. Only seen ebt card once in line ever.eating good ribs i have to go to costco tonight during mlb playoffs might as well pick some up

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    you live in the hood? Im Black and I never see this. Only seen ebt card once in line ever.eating good ribs i have to go to costco tonight during mlb playoffs might as well pick some up
    yes i do live in the hood pal.

teaserpleaser

Is it that easy to get these cards... i live in LA most of the single moms i know are to stuck up to ever let any one know they are on welfare. You need help then get help... Even if its Ribs or cake lol

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    i managed a grocery store in daytona beach and people use to come in and buy 15 steaks or whatever and go right outside and sell it to people coming in store. i also knew a girl who would sell her card and pin for the month for less. she got 300 a month and would sell it for 150.
    Yeah, JS milwuakee newpsaper had a big story on this about how hundreds of people were selling their ebt money through facebook.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

should they buy some better food that cost more? u complain about this but won't help anyone need. Make up our mind

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    should they buy some better food that cost more? u complain about this but won't help anyone need. Make up our mind
    What????

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

So many people need and deserve this help, do not get me wrong.....but so many people abuse it. There is help for food, help for medical benefits, even help to pay your electricity and utilities. But get this.....the state wont help you pay for utilities, UNTIL you get a shut off notice....they actually give you incentive to not pay your utility bill.....because once you get the shutoff notice, the state will step in and help you pay it off once a year.

I would imagine 15-20% are lying and abusing the system. These days though, there are too many people who actually use the benefits correctly and need the help, that the state is pretty much handcuffed in what they can do. It is very common for someone to sell their EBT card for 50% of it's worth.

On the flip side....I dont think we should get into the habit of telling people what they can spend their money on. If its cake that they want, instead of good food, well I guess that's up to them. Shame though. So many families are brought up this way and taught to strive for nothing more. Heartbreaking really.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DrStale, Glitch, and shari91

teaserpleaser

I would buy a half off ebt card where can i find this craigslist? Facebook do you have to show id?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

wtt0315

in florida they will pay for you to have a cellphone
    http://www.assurancewireless.com/Pub...ToQualify.aspx

wtt0315

with ebt cards you get a pin number like a debit so if you have the pin you are all set

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    So many people need and deserve this help, do not get me wrong.....but so many people abuse it. There is help for food, help for medical benefits, even help to pay your electricity and utilities. But get this.....the state wont help you pay for utilities, UNTIL you get a shut off notice....they actually give you incentive to not pay your utility bill.....because once you get the shutoff notice, the state will step in and help you pay it off once a year.

I would imagine 15-20% are lying and abusing the system. These days though, there are too many people who actually use the benefits correctly and need the help, that the state is pretty much handcuffed in what they can do. It is very common for someone to sell their EBT card for 50% of it's worth.

On the flip side....I dont think we should get into the habit of telling people what they can spend their money on. If its cake that they want, instead of good food, well I guess that's up to them. Shame though. So many families are brought up this way and taught to strive for nothing more. Heartbreaking really.
    great post.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Is it that easy to get these cards... i live in LA most of the single moms i know are to stuck up to ever let any one know they are on welfare. You need help then get help... Even if its Ribs or cake lol

Lets see lobsters check, racks of ribs check, cakes check, okay honey I think we got all the essentials, swipe that welfare card and I'll load this shit up in the Escalade

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11746

greatest thing since slice bread. i dont have to pull out the stamps anymore freezer is full of steak. i cant eat the steak fast enough, so i sell some for gambling money

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

i need to look into getting one of the lonestar cards

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

you know you would be ashamed to use it so why would you want it...anyone who has one of these cards is not doing that well no matter what they are buying..so dont sweat it.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

i was jk i don't want one of those cards.... atleast not yet. I will keep plugging away lol

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    I see black people doing this all the time. Carts full of fuking ribs

puff......

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Well,..on the flip side of things here...I am one of the people that purchase these cards with $300 or so on it for less than 50% of the amount on the card.. So,.while you see the dumb jiggs walking out of the store with racks of ribs and what not...So am I.. But really..who is in the wrong here. See,.I work full time..VERY HARD in fact..and while I do work and try to feed my family..I barely get by with what I make. While trying to feed my family and maintain bills,.. my monthly take home pay,. is JUST ABOVE the amount to qualify for this extra help. So while Im working and trying to maintain in society and life, I am just BARELY getting by. So a little extra help goes a long ways but if I cant qualify why not try to get some food for half off.. ???????????????????????????????????????? ????????

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    So many people need and deserve this help
    No they did nothing to deserve it and no they don't need it. They didn't have it 50 years and I don't remember reading anything about mass deaths due to no EBT cards. That is what these people's family, friends, and TAX-EXEMPT churches and charities are for if they choose to make a plethora of poor decisions in life.

LarryF
    LarryF's Avatar Become A Pro!

I need to get me one of these cards weekly.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

the funny thing is ,i live close to one of their welfare offices and they drive up in lincolns,navigators,limos ,and go in there and get their food stamps and medicaid card and then ten years ago got very sick from cancer and my insurance wouldnt pay anymore for my treatments cause i went over my life time quota for payments and i tried to get a medicaid card so i can continue my chemo and when my brother took it in for me cause i was so sick and weak from chemo ,they said they couldnt do nothing for me until i come in and sign a paper,after all this bullshit ,being as sick as i was ,had to find the strength to walk up 8 stairs and stand in line for 2 hours to sign a damn paper and after talking to an agaent,this stupid bitch said dont think i will qualify cause dont think my cancer is life treathning.so know shes a doctor.so after that experience we talked to our alderman who was so unbelievably upset she would say something as stupid as that,went right to his office and called springfield and told them what their agent said to me and fired her on the spot.after that i was covered and got the rest of my treatments,but the fact that someone who is not qualified to tell people if they qualify or not shouldnt be running oour system,thats why its so fukked up.if they really checked these people they try to get it really hard ,i bet 80 per cent wouldnt get shit

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    No they did nothing to deserve it and no they don't need it. They didn't have it 50 years and I don't remember reading anything about mass deaths due to no EBT cards. That is what these people's family, friends, and TAX-EXEMPT churches and charities are for if they choose to make a plethora of poor decisions in life.
    I won't argue with that, but I can see the other side. I work for the welfare department. Everytime I get angry with those who are getting a free handout, I just remember that their small children shouldn't be hungry because their parents are poor examples. Is my thinking this way helping fuel the cycle? Probably. But I can also say that in my line of work I have seen a baby face to face who has starved to death and another who has died due to poverty.

I'm just basing my opinions on this.

My jobs a real drag

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

do think they need to rethink the way the system is ran and somehow make it work for the people who really qualify not the ones playing the system

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

heres an idea,why not make the ones who get the DC earn the money,by doing clerical work,volunteering with the elder.homeless,what have u.but there are ways to use this welfare system for good

grzftbl
    grzftbl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Some people ARE in need but I'm willing to be a large % of the people abuse it.

I say people on welfare must take a piss test twice a month. Flunk it once and you're done. Even if the gov't paid for the piss test it'd still save the country money.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by grzftbl View Post
    Some people ARE in need but I'm willing to be a large % of the people abuse it. I say people on welfare must take a piss test twice a month. Flunk it once and you're done. Even if the gov't paid for the piss test it'd still save the country money.
    Some states are looking at this....Florida may have already passed it

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO

well they are trying to pass a law where the ones who get there rent paid for by the state,they want them to pass a drug test every month to qualify but the aclu thinks its violating their rights to privacy.since our tax paying dollars is basically paying their rent,where are our rights to make sure they live without breaking any laws

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    no they did nothing to deserve it and no they don't need it. They didn't have it 50 years and i don't remember reading anything about mass deaths due to no ebt cards. That is what these people's family, friends, and tax-exempt churches and charities are for if they choose to make a plethora of poor decisions in life.

proof that your a moron jarvol , aka jarhead

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by grzftbl View Post
    Some people ARE in need but I'm willing to be a large % of the people abuse it. I say people on welfare must take a piss test twice a month. Flunk it once and you're done. Even if the gov't paid for the piss test it'd still save the country money.
    Florida is doing this. I read that the money is being paid for by the welfare system so seems like a good idea. The number flunking is going to be crazy high.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Politicians should have to pass a drug test every day talk about wasting taxpayer money! They always want to point out somebody else to take attention off what worthless leaches they are! It is time for people to start thinking for themselves and not swallowing the company line!

12 Last