White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who here has a Beer on their way home?

My wife gets mad at me because I like to drink a beer when I am on my way home from work. So I want to find out how many other people do the same.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

In the car, or at the bar before hand?

In the car is a bad idea.

Sometimes I will have a beer after work, or just come home and drink a couple.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would never just for the sake of having 'one' pay for one drink when i could pick a six-pack for when i get home. It's like playing Bodog lines or shopping around for reduced juice... why do it here if you don't do it in life?

Alfie B
    Alfie B's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope no one does. I like my beer, but don't drink and drive. My best friend was killed by a drunk driver when I was 16, so was his mother and sister. His other sister was disabled for life. Drunk driver didn't see the red light and plowed into the whole family crossing at a cross walk.
    The drunk driver got 7 years, probably served 4 here in Ontario. Sucks.
    I like my beer, but when Saturday comes I get up and do my thing, groceries and other chores. Then I go home, put my keys away for the week end and drink.
    Other than that I'm sure a drinking and driving charge can ruin your life in other ways too. Don't do it!!!
    Points Awarded:

rookie gave Alfie B 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GAMBLOR777

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

I do it almost every night, you aren't going to get drunk or become impaired on 1 or 2 beers. I keep a can cooler in the map pocket so it isn't obvious and stay within the speed limit and make sure to stay away from the shitty driving foreign female drivers.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    I hope no one does. I like my beer, but don't drink and drive. My best friend was killed by a drunk driver when I was 16, so was his mother and sister. His other sister was disabled for life. Drunk driver didn't see the red light and plowed into the whole family crossing at a cross walk. The drunk driver got 7 years, probably served 4 here in Ontario. Sucks. I like my beer, but when Saturday comes I get up and do my thing, groceries and other chores. Then I go home, put my keys away for the week end and drink. Other than that I'm sure a drinking and driving charge can ruin your life in other ways too. Don't do it!!!
    a sober driver killed my friend and put two other friends in the hospital with serious injuries. the sober driver only got charged with failure to yield, so she will probably just get a fine. she turned left on green but did not see the five motorcycles going straight through their green light. i wish the driver was drunk so she would serve jail time. anyway, the point is sober drivers kill people too. a bad driver is a bad driver. a good driver can usually drive "ok" drunk, but a bad driver can't even drive sober. the drunk driver that killed your friend was most likely just a bad driver who happened to be drunk at the time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jagaf22

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by White Rhino View Post
    My wife gets mad at me because I like to drink a beer when I am on my way home from work. So I want to find out how many other people do the same.
    On the way home?

I have one on the way to work.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

You sound like this guy I work with. Everytime we grab beers after work its "Hey you guys got any gum? Hey does my breath smell like alcohol?"

Tell your wife to shut the fuk up. You are a man and you can do what you want! But dont get drunk and drive that is just retarded.

Alfie B

Quote Originally Posted by JimmysEgo View Post
    a sober driver killed my friend and put two other friends in the hospital with serious injuries. the sober driver only got charged with failure to yield, so she will probably just get a fine. she turned left on green but did not see the five motorcycles going straight through their green light. i wish the driver was drunk so she would serve jail time. anyway, the point is sober drivers kill people too. a bad driver is a bad driver. a good driver can usually drive "ok" drunk, but a bad driver can't even drive sober. the drunk driver that killed your friend was most likely just a bad driver who happened to be drunk at the time.
    No a good driver cannot drive Ok while drunk. That would be why society has decided to make laws against drunk driving. I'm not even going to bother looking up any statistics about the accidents and deaths drunk drivers cause.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm sure everyone has a drinking and driving story at least once in their life. It's like anything... nobody should be driving drunk... but everyone attempts it once... and hopefully they are successful. My buddy just got pulled over Friday night.... got his first DUI. Pretty deep sh#$.

Reminds me of the time I got absolutely hammered at my high school reunion. We were all drinking at this fancy bar... couple chicks are talking to me... (the ones who never talked to you at school) and we're talking the entire night (thinking like I'm going to get some action LOL)... we were all going to sober up at like a Denny's then go to their house (which was in walking distance)... all of a sudden these girl change their minds and leave.... and I'm drunk as fu#%. I'm like isn't this some shit??? I hop in my SUV... hit the freeway... and it's like 2:30 AM or so... I just peek up at the rearview... I see a cop right behind me... I'm like... I'm going to jail... do not swerve... I'm going to jail DO NOT swerve the damn car!!! I didn't know how hard it was to keep the damn thing straight... but I did. He followed me for at least 30 seconds. All of a sudden.... he passes me on the right... and heads like 90mph after someone else. I was sweating balls. Counting blessings. There wasn't any way I would of passed a sobriety test. Yikes!

I blame it on the bitches actually.

Alfie B

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'm sure everyone has a drinking and driving story at least once in their life. It's like anything... nobody should be driving drunk... but everyone attempts it once... and hopefully they are successful. My buddy just got pulled over Friday night.... got his first DUI. Pretty deep sh#$.

Reminds me of the time I got absolutely hammered at my high school reunion. We were all drinking at this fancy bar... couple chicks are talking to me... (the ones who never talked to you at school) and we're talking the entire night (thinking like I'm going to get some action LOL)... we were all going to sober up at like a Denny's then go to their house (which was in walking distance)... all of a sudden these girl change their minds and leave.... and I'm drunk as fu#%. I'm like isn't this some shit??? I hop in my SUV... hit the freeway... and it's like 2:30 AM or so... I just peek up at the rearview... I see a cop right behind me... I'm like... I'm going to jail... do not swerve... I'm going to jail DO NOT swerve the damn car!!! I didn't know how hard it was to keep the damn thing straight... but I did. He followed me for at least 30 seconds. All of a sudden.... he passes me on the right... and heads like 90mph after someone else. I was sweating balls. Counting blessings. There wasn't any way I would of passed a sobriety test. Yikes!

I blame it on the bitches actually.
    You're right Moneyshot. I did it once too, years ago. I think I was 20 and a bunch of guys from work and I were drinking at the bowling alley. One of the semi drivers from work convinced me to drive his car home. I got pulled over 3 blocks from my house. The cop told me to walk to his car and back at which point he told me I was plastered and asked for my license and insurance. I gave him my license but had to ask the truck driver for the insurance papers.When the cop saw this he also asked for my friends license, saw that he was an Az driver and started to give him shitte for having me drive his car home. The cop then told me to drive the 3 blocks to my house and park the car, that if he saw it on the road again that night there would be hell to pay. I got off lucky. That was almost 30 years ago, so as they say, don't try this at home children. My friend waited at my house for an hour consuming more beer and then decided to try and make it home. He didn't show up for work the next day. He was in jail. Ended up losing his license and his job.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

tell her at least you dont drink one on the way to work

White Rhino

I never drive drunk or even close to being drunk. But I do like to grab a beer a the convenience store on the way out of town to drink on my way home. She doesn't mind if I drink at home or have a one at the bar before I come home. Its not being under the influence or any thing I just like to drink one beer sometimes and it is a way to wind down on the way home from work. We live in rural place outside of town so I don't worry about a cop catching me.

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just did.

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babyjesus View Post
    tell her at least you dont drink one on the way to work
    she wouldn't mind it Im sure

teddyd
    teddyd's Avatar Become A Pro!

not sure if he was asking about drinking and driving. i have a beer on the way home on the train sometimes

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have many times but my wife never cared. And these guys thinking that drinking 1 beer and driving is the same as driving drunk or even remotely close.

I like my wife and shes not a bitch so if she had a problem with me drinking a beer bedore my drive home from work i'd lilely just wait until i got home. Ive learned that the saying "happy wife is happy life" is very true. And honestly very few things are as "manly" or xhic as taking care of your lady and making sure shes happy. Telling your girl to shut the fukk up is a quick way to a failed marriage and letting some other guy raise your kids.

White Rhino

Well put. don't piss off your wife for stupid things.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

My dad has a drink every day straight after work - leaves his van at the pub though so mum picks him up at 7pm, and drops him back at his van in the morning when she takes the dog out...he's got her well trained

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I grab a 24oz on the way home every Friday. Kinda kicks the weekend off.