Originally posted on 08/27/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
I hope no one does. I like my beer, but don't drink and drive. My best friend was killed by a drunk driver when I was 16, so was his mother and sister. His other sister was disabled for life. Drunk driver didn't see the red light and plowed into the whole family crossing at a cross walk. The drunk driver got 7 years, probably served 4 here in Ontario. Sucks. I like my beer, but when Saturday comes I get up and do my thing, groceries and other chores. Then I go home, put my keys away for the week end and drink. Other than that I'm sure a drinking and driving charge can ruin your life in other ways too. Don't do it!!!
a sober driver killed my friend and put two other friends in the hospital with serious injuries. the sober driver only got charged with failure to yield, so she will probably just get a fine. she turned left on green but did not see the five motorcycles going straight through their green light. i wish the driver was drunk so she would serve jail time. anyway, the point is sober drivers kill people too. a bad driver is a bad driver. a good driver can usually drive "ok" drunk, but a bad driver can't even drive sober. the drunk driver that killed your friend was most likely just a bad driver who happened to be drunk at the time.