Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

This guy is spot on about the Casey Anthony case

Stephen Bolling 20 hours ago

·The jurors showed extremely poor judgement. There's an on-going joke about not trusting jurors so stupid they can't get out of jury duty. Much of this has to do with the way juries are selected. Attorneys are looking for people who don't follow the news (specifically their case), who are poor at analysis (haven't formed opinions on anything), and are not leaders (they want jurors they can manipulated). So just by being selected we are assured of a relatively dim witted group. That's how this jury was selected. These are people we wouldn't trust to make judgements in your own life with regards to our health, finances or safety. Any reasonable person would not want a nurse, an accountant or a bus driver that served on this jury. This is a jury who couldn't understand the simple difference between "reasonable doubt" and one-in-a-billion-chance of being innocent. This is the lion and the chicken case. A lion and chicken are placed in a small empty room with only one door. Later, only the lion is found in the room. There are chicken feathers all around the lion's mouth. You are asked to analyze the situation and determine if the lion killed the chicken. (Its not illegal for lions to eat chickens so don't worry, nothing will happen to the lion). This jury would claim the feathers were circumstantial and that as long as there were no cameras in the room no one can actually prove the lion killed the chicken. To them, if it wasn't filmed for You Tube it never happened. Is it possible the chicken died first and then eaten? Possible, but not likely. Defense attorneys want jurors who are incapable of making logical conclusions.

Next we have the defense team. They are smart people. They studied the evidence. All of it. That means they know...THEY KNOW...Casey Anthony killed her child. They know she killed her child but their job is to get a not guilty judgment. Did they take the case because everyone is entitled to a defense or for fame and fortune? Doesn't matter, either way their work ethic included defending someone who murdered their own child. Someone who allowed a search team to fly in and do an exhaustive search for a body the mother knew was already dead. Who defends someone like that? Law was maintained in the courtroom, ethics was not. Someone asked me wouldn't I want them as my team? My answer is only if I were guilty. Their expertise is defending people who are guilty. Guilty people demonstrate poor ethics. If I wasn't guilty then I would want someone who's expertise is defending people who are innocent. I don't advocate any person who helps the guilty. I prefer to advocate those that help the innocent, like Caylee Anthony. Someone who was bound and gagged and killed. What type of person would turn their back on justice for Caylee Anthony for their own personal gain professionally and financially? With that said, I wouldn't want to go to a law school that bred their brand of ethics. We the people have the right to pass judgement, legally, financially, not as vigilantes acting out with physical violence, but we have the right not to use businesses and services we do not trust because of their employees and we have the right not to support colleges if we don't trust their graduates.

Regarding Casey Anthony, fate will have a way of catching up to her. Someone capable of killing their own child just so they could party will do it again. My hope is that she won't be successful next time around. And it looks like Casey's father is showing some remorse and guilt. It's possible he might talk and tell the truth. An "If Casey Killed Kaylee" book should be expected. And though there are people commenting here that believe her actions were okay, regardless of what those actions were, because anything is fair as long as they don't catch you in the act, plus babies shouldn't get in the way of one's right to party, reasonably knowledgable people will continue to fight for justice, legally, and ethically.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1, and beerman2619

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

100% spot on. Excellent write-up.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

who cares, give it up...she's free and will be murdered any day now...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Casey's father should work for me

call me

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Sometimes dumb juries work the other way though, convicting innocent people. For example:

http://www.freeryanferguson.com/

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

It has nothing to do with Casey or the Jury
    Its the inept prosecution team that couldnt even present a clear case

Govt workers

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

i wonder if casey actually thinks she can go out in public???

You never heard anyone say they wanted to kill oj did you or any of the other famous people that have gotten off in the past few years, correct???

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Sometimes dumb juries work the other way though, convicting innocent people. For example:

http://www.freeryanferguson.com/
    I've been following that travesty for 4 years now. What a joke.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    i wonder if casey actually thinks she can go out in public???
    i've seen rumors she's already in a suburb of columbus, so yeah, maybe she realizes she needs to lay low for a while.

Albert Pujols

That asshole attorney has already filed an appeal of her convictions for lying and he's trying to get the state to pay for her appeal.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I stopped reading after he called the jury stupid. Just anther over emotional white person shocked that a pretty girl from the suburbs could do anything this bad.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

2 jurors found her guilty of 1st degree murder in the initial voting but were probably bullied into switching.

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    I stopped reading after he called the jury stupid. Just anther over emotional white person shocked that a pretty girl from the suburbs could do anything this bad.
    Jury was stupid.

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Just watched the 48 hours episode on Ryan Ferguson. I have no idea why this kid is behind bars. I honestly am shocked at the stupidity of so much of the world. It's a sad thing.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Regarding Casey Anthony, fate will have a way of catching up to her
    Fantasy pie in the sky karma type silliness. Truth is, her team gamed the system - she's free. What happens beyond now is anyone's guess.

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by goofyre View Post
    Just watched the 48 hours episode on Ryan Ferguson. I have no idea why this kid is behind bars. I honestly am shocked at the stupidity of so much of the world. It's a sad thing.
    The Ryan Ferguson case is absolutely tragic. Stupid jury and a corrupt prosecutor. I think he's close to finally winning his freedom though. I think about that poor kid often. Injustice is a terrible thing.

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Fantasy pie in the sky karma type silliness. Truth is, her team gamed the system - she's free. What happens beyond now is anyone's guess.
    I don't believe in karma but I do think that it's difficult for a sociopath to live in a normal society. I doubt we've heard the last from this girl.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Correct call was made in this case.

refrain87
    refrain87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

lol we're soon to see a ton of spin offs and movies about this. yess!

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

There were a bunch of dummies on there but there were a couple smart ones . Was'nt there a doctor .

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

the terms "reasonable doubt" need to be explicitly defined for any idiots that think Anthony or OJ were innocent--our system is a disgrace

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Anything related in any way to our government is a complete joke.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

maybe states should try using professional jurors for a few members like other countries have done

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

The bet master is a buckin moron. No one in there right mind would think she is not guilty. Killed her kid and threw her away in a swamp. Then partied like she just won the lottery. Well i guess that part might happen again if she gets the millions from interviews and books. I don't want to hear a thing that skank baby killer says or writes in a book. Should of poored concrete down her pants to close that gaping hole of hers so no more kids die from her hands.

RibbedTrojan
    RibbedTrojan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    The bet master is a buckin moron. No one in there right mind would think she is not guilty. Killed her kid and threw her away in a swamp. Then partied like she just won the lottery. Well i guess that part might happen again if she gets the millions from interviews and books. I don't want to hear a thing that skank baby killer says or writes in a book. Should of poored concrete down her pants to close that gaping hole of hers so no more kids die from her hands.
    b b Withyou Beerman 100%

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

yeah, pretty much the truth. but no one cares

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    the terms "reasonable doubt" need to be explicitly defined for any idiots that think Anthony or OJ were innocent--our system is a disgrace
    It is explicitly defined. How exactly do you want it defined? Do you want to put a percentage on how likely the doubt is? I've always wondered what the number would/should be? I'd say somewhere between 80-95% certainty.

Recurring
    Recurring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

He's got some very valid points. Most jurors want to just be there to do something. They are people who have nothing better to do. The juror's pay is pretty horrible.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

The prosecution team are the fuking idiots.

There was no proof of a first degree murder. The prosecution should of charged her with (at the most) murder 2, but they tried to get smart and push thru a charge they had no proof of.

If the jury is full of idiots why didn't they come back with a guilty verdict. These people, I'm sure, thought this bitch was a dirty shit bag, but they did the right thing.

Albert Pujols

Casey killed her. Slam dunk no question about it. And her attorneys....every single one of them know this. They are liars.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

My hunch is that she suddenly intentionally killed her kid. I think she wanted to make her sleep for longer, gave her chloroform and it went wrong. Then she tried to either deny reality and cover it up or whatever. They should have charged it right and gotten negligent homicide and she should have served 15-20, or so.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

still makes me sick to my stomach. if she wasn't in solitary in prison shame on those other female inmates for not doing the right thing and giving a child killer her due. a man's prison wouldn't have put up with that bs. he'd have gotten what was coming to him.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It is explicitly defined. How exactly do you want it defined? Do you want to put a percentage on how likely the doubt is? I've always wondered what the number would/should be? I'd say somewhere between 80-95% certainty.
    i see it listed as " a real doubt, based upon reason and common sense after careful and impartial consideration of all the evidence, or lack of evidence in a case". although i've seen different variations of this also. there were also some cases in which the jury was dissatisfied with the explanation of "reasonable doubt" the court gave them. people have different levels of reason and common sense so i would be dissatisfied with this definition also. are there any lawyers here on SBR that can help with this definition?

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    who cares, give it up...she's free and will be murdered any day now...
    Psycho bitch will move to Europe or down under.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

plenty people convicted and didn't do the crime..i could care less about the so called wrong of injustice

12 Last