Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Squads and deadlifts for lore body and back. Standing overhead press and bench for upper body. If you can do pull ups, those are great to.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Its not about the time.

Its all about your intensity.....To many people b.s. around in the gym.

As stated earlier Mike Mentzer,did one set to total failure.....He called it Heavy duty training.

He latter trained bodybuilder Doren Yates,Who won many Mr Olympias with this type of training.

Vindicate
    Vindicate's Avatar Become A Pro!

read your OP

how many guys do you see that are too buff.

comon man, go in there and lift heavy and often and i can guarantee you wont get too buff.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

working out just depends on what kind of body frame you have. Im ripped but you can only tell im ripped if I dont have my shirt on because my frame just isnt built to get huge. I frame my workouts around staying lean and in shape though.

Plyometric workouts

EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4069

I would do pull ups-some core stuff and Lunges-Thats about all you need. And diet is the other 90%. Pimping ain;t easy.

SuddenDee
    SuddenDee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Bodyweight exercises like push ups and pull ups work for me. They are good for toning and definition.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heres the deal Justin. You need to get the most bang for your buck. You need a +ev/eg workout. You don't have much time to work with through out the week which is fine. Luckily as others have already said, you don't need it. It sounds like you have come to the realization that there are benefits to either adding muscle or atleast maintaining the muscle you have. This is very true. And it becomes more important as we get older. Between the ages of 40-50 and really 50+ years of age, we begin to lose muscle mass each year. This places us at higher risks for things like metabolic syndrome and osteoporosis. Our bodies also begin to have that sagging appearance. So weight training is very important as we age.

You need to focus on the lifts that workout the major body parts which are the legs and the back. Thats why squats and deadlifts are king in the gym. We can pack muscle on our legs and back. Arms, shoulders, ya not so much. Not that they're not important but anyone that thinks you can put as much muscle on your arms or shoulders is a fool. And again, rethink your goal, to put on or maintain as much muscle in a short period of time, squats and dead lifts. Do one on day1 and the other on day2. Then add in a supplemental workout to it.

Day one could be squats/Bench.
    Day two could be deads/overhead press.

If you have time at left over you can do some HIIT at the end of the workout or throw in some core work or even add a third lift to the end. Curls, triceps, pull ups, push ups, doesnt matter. Hope this helps J7.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

For something regimented that you can actually follow, check out the 10 Minute Trainer that the P90X people put out years ago. Seems like you could squeeze that in.

I'm a big proponent of the MED (Minimum Effective Dose) theory. Do the minimum of what needs to be done, then stop. Water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit. Raise the temp and it still boils. I do all of the P90X strength routines, but skip the part where they repeat everything all over again, and my results went UP. You can get some shit done in 10 minutes, you'll be surprised.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    coke zero >> strength training

First 12