jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

Depending on your state, 25% of your income in your income range is the norm.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I have a question for anyone who knows. I have a 7 year old with a chick. I lived in the same house as her and my daughter, but we both did whatever. Anyway, 2yrs ago I moved out and got a place with my chick now(been together 6 yrs---4 while living with baby mother.) Anyway, I have no job on paper and I been giving the baby mom anywhere from $60-$100 per week. I been depositing the money in her account and I have every deposit receipt like clockwork weekly. Can I use the receipts as evidence that I have been supporting my child, at least somewhat?
    I have helped people in this position before. YES, YES, YES, those receipts can serve as decent proof in civil court that you are providing regular support. It would be kind of hard for the mother to claim otherwise. If it was just one or two deposits, she could claim it was for something else. But with dozens, it's a wrap.

Always get a receipt!!! (Business 101)

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    So she can screw me for the last 2 years? Why else would I be depositing money? This sux if true
    But you aren't under any child support agreement RIGHT NOW, so you would fall under what a judge would deem as reasonable. You are fine. Trust me. I have dealt with people in your same situation.

If you ever have a child support order in place, and you give money on the side, true, it won't count towards the total payment.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post

I have helped people in this position before. YES, YES, YES, those receipts can serve as decent proof in civil court that you are providing regular support. It would be kind of hard for the mother to claim otherwise. If it was just one or two deposits, she could claim it was for something else. But with dozens, it's a wrap.

Always get a receipt!!! (Business 101)
    Well there you go Trace.

I was just stating in my situation, the letter said it wouldn't count, even with a receipt/prove. Glad I didn't pay anything outside of the child support process.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by tad0matic View Post
    I'd settle on the 700, and keep the peace if possible. you don't want some money to come between you and the kid. Maybe she'll get a real job when the child is old enough to go to school, then the equation would change since she would be able to support some. You DO NOT want to go to court making decent money and her "not able to work" because of the single parent situation. You will get FUKCED big time for alot of years.
    IMO
    He still hasn't stated if it would be Joint Physical Custody or if his Ex would get Sole Custody. Big different in amount of Child Support.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Cheaper to keep her......or have her whacked.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    But you aren't under any child support agreement RIGHT NOW, so you would fall under what a judge would deem as reasonable. You are fine. Trust me. I have dealt with people in your same situation.

If you ever have a child support order in place, and you give money on the side, true, it won't count towards the total payment.
    Thanx tiger. I feel a lot better now. I have all of them in a big ziplock freezer bag. Have to make a deposit tomorrow

First 12