View Poll Results: Do you think some players hack SBR Poker?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 34.38%
  • No

21 65.63%
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Do you think some players hack SBR Poker?

Not going to get into names or certain hands just wondering if you think some poker players on here have access to things they aren't supposed to for an advantage

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Lmao...!

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Not sure what's so funny, the OP brought up a legitimate concern.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I'm not going to name names or offer anything in the way of evidence... but does anyone think Dlowilly seems way too interested in children???

Just askin questions.

And then you have Bobbywaves showing the same interest and seen in the same threads. Where there's smoke...

Anyone think this random claim might be true? (or fair to make this way)

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'm not going to name names or offer anything in the way of evidence... but does anyone think Dlowilly seems way too interested in children???

Just askin questions.

And then you have Bobbywaves showing the same interest and seen in the same threads. Where there's smoke...

Awful analogy and pretty fuking low

Everyone reading this has played a lot of SBR poker most likely and has an opinion based on their own evidence. Me citing a bad beat or two means nothing.

How is that analogous to assholes making up the worst lies they can think of because they're disgusting human beings?
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave dlowilly 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Not sure what your random claim regarding me is.

Are you trying to say I'm Dlowilly's ghost due to being "seen in the same threads"?

Are you trying to say I show the "same interest" in children?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Awful analogy and pretty fuking low

Everyone reading this has played a lot of SBR poker most likely and has an opinion based on their own evidence. Me citing a bad beat or two means nothing.

How is that analogous to assholes making up the worst lies they can think of because they're disgusting human beings?
    Is it someone on the top 15 leaderboard you think is hacking into the software?

Don't get me wrong, would love to hear about it if there is anything to seriously suggest it's happening, and apologies for the confrontational analogy, but I do think it's fits your OP perfectly. Just throwing out a sleight as a question.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

I only get access to hands on even Tuesday’s and Thursday’s.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51473

Having played SBR Poker ever since they started it (don't even remember when that was now, it's been so long!) - no I don't believe this is the case. If someone had the skills to do this, I think they could find a better use than to hack SBR Poker and steal betpoints lol. If by some chance someone did this and managed to steal say 100,000 betpoints from other users/the site (doubt there is even that much available to be taken in cash games/tourneys unless they were doing this for many years), that still only amounts to about $4000 - somehow I think they would find a better scam to run!

I understand where your mindset is coming from - I've played poker for many years, not just on SBR, and I will admit I've randomly wondered the same thing myself (not just on SBR) at times. It just stems from the fact that you play enough, eventually you have such bad stretches/someone keeps owning you over and over so you begin to wonder if it's fixed/if there is some superuser out there. Again, it's just your short-term run bad that is pissing you off - been there, done that!

But be logical about this - your avatar itself states you won the 2017 Leaderboard. From that people could be wondering if YOU are the one who has access to unfair information lol (perhaps you are cleverly trying to deflect this fact by claiming others out there are the ones with the unfair information haha!). To be clear: I obviously don't believe that, just really don't understand this paranoia - pretty clearly if there was some superuser out there, they obviously would have no trouble winning the Leaderboard so ought we not go to the top of it if we are searching for such an individual??

Problem is, since this did actually happen once on a then very reputable poker site (Ultimate Bet), now people can claim this is the case every time, and if you point out how absurd it is, they can simply cite that example as potential proof that it is possible. I remember how worried I was when this happened on Ultimate Bet how it would scare all the fish off that they would suddenly start thinking "ohh that's why I lost on such and such site, there were superusers, well I'm not going to play online ever again".

So best not to spread wild rumors - who knows who might actually believe them!

BeerDog99

Arun said it more eloquently than I would but to think someone spent time "hacking" the code or a back door is simply ludicrous for SBR poker.

What could they make, a few hundred to a couple of thousand a year. Anybody with the ability to do this, would make significantly more anywhere else on the internet with other scams and the like.

The only thing even partly plausible in my opinion is the "superuser" from SBR scenario and again logically, how much could they essentially "rake back" to make it financially viable to risk. If the site was MUCH bigger and the points had significantly more value then these scenario's could make some sense but even then would it be worth it to risk the business?

Either way, most of the time that I see the crazy/bad beats is when someone is really making bad plays that they do not realize and/or just gambling it up.

Lastly, it is extra amusing coming from a guy(s) that are consistently on the top leaderboards all the time. Do you really think if it the supposed "rigging" stopped, you would be even higher in the leaderboards? That the only explanation for your beats is a rigged setup???

Come on...ROTFLMFAO....!

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 89

I suspect Russians do.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Cash games don't run. Each tournament has a value of between 80c-$1 in poker points that then need to be rolled over. It seems likely that someone would go out of their way to access the software for that massive sum of money they could accumulate. NOT!

98% of players on SBR have no clue of ICM,NASH, or even basic position plays. We can ignore the more advanced concepts of GTO strategies being implemented in any of these games. More SBR players limp-in preflop than people did in 2003 PartyPoker/Paradise games. It's a friendly environment and friendly game setting. Some people try way too hard and think that winning anything in these games/leaderboards etc actually means something.

How can you start a thread with"Not going to name any names"? At least throw the players names out there that you think are hacking rather than stir the pot. Seems silly. But you also started a thread claiming people hack software that essentially runs games for free/play money which is even more silly.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Being in IT...and the fact that I don't play poker on SBR.....The op's question can be answered with another question. Does SBR Poker use SSL to transmit data? If so it makes hacking unlikely, as it's unlikely anyone on this board would have the knowledge to do so. It's improbable, not impossible though.

Please note this is not a slight to the knowledge of people on this forum, it's just that if one had the technical knowledge to do so they would be using it on things more valuable than SBR Poker points.

BeerDog99

Buddy Jesus gets it.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Buddy Jesus gets it.
    Thanks! GL in your future wagers.

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    Thanks! GL in your future wagers.
    Back at you.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

I know for a fact that beerdog can see all cards dealt if he’s drank 10 beers or more.

But his win rate is still only 50% because he can’t make good drunk decisions.

Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave mpaschal34 500 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

haven't noticed anything since big orange stopped playing

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17041

The ctrl/alt/c set up works wonders for me. Thanks for sharing with me! I'll prove it tonight.
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave franklee168 500 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

The only player known to have hacked the client was bitemeusadoj but he moved on to greener pastures like stealing from Salvation Army donation buckets. Much higher profit potential.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    The ctrl/alt/c set up works wonders for me. Thanks for sharing with me! I'll prove it tonight.
    I think you mean Alt+F4. That is how players are able to hack into the software. Everytime before you click ALL IN make sure you hold ALT and F4 at the same time. Guaranteed to make you win the hand.

franklee168

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    I think you mean Alt+F4. That is how players are able to hack into the software. Everytime before you click ALL IN make sure you hold ALT and F4 at the same time. Guaranteed to make you win the hand.
    That's only for a super emergency bro.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

the only thing i have noticed playing almost dailiy sbr tournaments is when 2 people are all in pre flop i'm amazed how often the turn puts out a sweat card for the person behind , i rarely see a blank on the turn and drawing dead

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

on a serious note....i've never had a thought about someone hacking. just that the programming is done to give bad beats.

ie today....6 handed on the final table and i get AA. turns out they give 3 of the biggest stacks AA, KK and QQ. of course the QQ wins on the river with a 4 card flush.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

lets hope so
    Last edited by jtoler; 06-15-18 at 04:49 PM.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    on a serious note....i've never had a thought about someone hacking. just that the programming is done to give bad beats.

ie today....6 handed on the final table and i get AA. turns out they give 3 of the biggest stacks AA, KK and QQ. of course the QQ wins on the river with a 4 card flush.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Free advice: Stay away from new players because they run really, really good for a few months.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

And Biteme.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

And TripleD.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

And bad beats.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

And bots.

franklee168

And Gummo

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Not going to get into names or certain hands just wondering if you think some poker players on here have access to things they aren't supposed to for an advantage
    You are the guy who got straight As in school AND told on people who teacher didn't notice cheating on exams, but you did?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Hack the site for poker points?

Seriously?

dlowilly

I'm sure there are solid arguments for why no one is hacking SBR Poker but motivation is not one of them

Claiming it isn't worth the effort hacking for poker points, while people are spending hours playing for poker points, doesn't make much sense. Besides, it wouldn't be some long project, it would be an identification of a flaw in security or a pattern in the software.

With computers and hacking especially it has always been about the challenge and less about the reward. How else do you explain computer viruses?

12 Last