turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

you guys and your poker

unreal

go drink some beer and throw some red meat on the fire

go blow some shit up
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lex_icon

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    If there's a gentleman's agreement in place that only the remaining 9 from Thursday are signing up, then I'll unregister. Otherwise I'm staying.
    WTF are you talking about? The "gentleman's agreement" is that you werent one of the 9 players left so why would you think its ok to play? Have some common decency. It's a shit move and you're better than that

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Why weren't passwords given to the 9 players? Are 35 people going to jump in to play the 9PM?

Jimmy Proffett

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    you guys and your poker

unreal

go drink some beer and throw some red meat on the fire

go blow some shit up
    I actually plan on burgers and beers real soon and I am going to switch over to the 11PM tourney. But first I always like to stir the pot if I can. Fact is passwords should've been given to the last 9 from Thursday's 9PM game; not let someone who played in the 7PM double-dip. That's ridiculous.

I don't know if SBR can do anything about it though. If you can't make tonight's 9PM a password-only game then those 9 should just be paid out where they ended up. Instead this is going to be a cluster****.

Edit: And I'm not blowing shit up. JPP's message of avoiding fireworks really spoke to me.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

common you are better than that

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Yis is registered for the 11pm, just consider those two switched. All is well

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    why blame SBR for this?
    They could have easily sent a password via PM, to the 9 players remaining.

If you weren't one of the 9 left then dont sign up.
    Agreed, but that's not happening unfortunately.

would you expect anything less from this angle shooting, cheating, Piece of shit?
    No, I wouldn't expect anything less from POS.

Enjoy the holiday weekend.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

no disrespect to anyone here, but i see it filling up so i got in

bobbywaves

I didn't get to play in the 11PM. I'd rather play in the 9PM so I can go out afterward. Eat my grundle booby
    Is "grundle" the prime piece of real estate located conveniently between Scrotumburg and Anusville? No thanks, I'm eating bacon cheeseburgers.

Your logic for entering the 9pm was majorly flawed. Apparently you realized that & did the right thing by unregistering.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

All this fuss for 1 sbr tourny...there is 1 EVERY DAY M-F....is this thread really happening right now?

bobbywaves

Otherwise I'm staying.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

I played in the 7pm so I am sitting out this one. Anyone with any self respect that played in the earlier tournament or busted out of this one before it got fukked up, should do the same.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21, JBiddyJ23, and USCPHILLYGUY

bobbywaves

Why weren't passwords given to the 9 players?
    Agreed, that should have been done. Why wasn't it done? My guess is laziness.

Are 35 people going to jump in to play the 9PM?
    Probably, but doesn't mean it's right. If you were one of the 9 left, would you appreciate a field of 35?

Mayberry
    Mayberry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6852

Great! Was wondering why i couldnt sign up last night. Thanks!!

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

How about if you were never a part of that tournament...is it fair to get in? If you were knocked out of that tourny and are signed up again, thats kinda screwed up...but what if you were never a part of that tournament and didnt get to play in the 11pm either because the app was screwed up...that is my case..

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    Yis is registered for the 11pm, just consider those two switched. All is well
    No. I am still waiting for SBR to either issue prizes for the 9 PM or have a makeup for the 9 players left.

Crickets.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grivas_Digeni, and JBiddyJ23

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Well it could be worse. But if I had a real chip stack when it crashed I'd be genuinely pissed off.

Again, what is plan B if this happens in a final tournament with some real prizes on the line?

It's time to look into adjusting software to be able to make deals, distribute payouts manually etc. To add features that are present inLike, you know, every other poker software out there since early 2010s.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    How about if you were never a part of that tournament...is it fair to get in? If you were knocked out of that tourny and are signed up again, thats kinda screwed up...but what if you were never a part of that tournament and didnt get to play in the 11pm either because the app was screwed up...that is my case..
    If you didn't play Friday you should be in the 11pm, since that tourney never started. You shouldn't be in the 9pm. If you were one of the 9 left, would you want to see all these extra people in your tourney? Basically, the 9 players left have to cash twice.

Thought any reasonable person could see how that's unfair. But apparently not, as you & many others registered for the 9pm who shouldn't have.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    If you didn't play Friday you should be in the 11pm, since that tourney never started. You shouldn't be in the 9pm. If you were one of the 9 left, would you want to see all these extra people in your tourney? Basically, you have to cash twice. Thought any reasonable person could see how that's unfair. But apparently not, as you & many others registered for the 9pm who shouldn't.
    I will unregister for the 9pm and play in the 11pm...will that make you happy since i was one who didnt get to play in the 11pm either as the software was down..

Jimmy Proffett

Probably, but doesn't mean it's right. If you were one of the 9 left, would you appreciate a field of 35?
    I would hope that SBR would be able to create a password for the remaining 9. Maybe they can't; I don't know how much is involved setting that up, I'm not a programmer.

Truth is I wouldn't care if I was 1 of 9 and a tournament allowed a bunch of people in on a Saturday. You're not winning much when you win. It's the chance to possibly be able to 3x rollover your points high enough to get a $25 gift card. Big deal. If people want to play in the 9PM tonight it's their business, I don't see the need to get emotional over it like you and USCPhilly, 2 guys who by the way aren't affected by this anyway.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    No. I am still waiting for SBR to either issue prizes for the 9 PM or have a makeup for the 9 players left.

Crickets.
    Not happening...You're getting majorly screwed here, since you were chip leader. Especially if you don't cash tonight. Not fair all these losers signing up for the 9pm.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I will unregister for the 9pm and play in the 11pm...will that make you happy since i was one who didnt get to play in the 11pm either as the software was down..
    You should be able to see playing the 11pm is the right thing to do, I shouldn't have to point out the obvious.

bobbywaves

I would hope that SBR would be able to create a password for the remaining 9. Maybe they can't
    They can, as it's been done before.

Truth is I wouldn't care if I was 1 of 9 and a tournament allowed a bunch of people in on a Saturday. You're not winning much when you win. It's the chance to possibly be able to 3x rollover your points high enough to get a $25 gift card. Big deal. If people want to play in the 9PM tonight it's their business, I don't see the need to get emotional over it like you and USCPhilly, 2 guys who by the way aren't affected by this anyway.
    If you were the chip leader, you would be singing a different tune. What happens if the chip leader (Yis) busts out tonight, when he had an easy top 3 locked up? How is that fair?

I was almost a part of it, as I busted out in 11th. Doesn't matter who wasn't affected, it's about doing the right thing.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I was 2nd out in the 9pm on Thursday.. but also was too busy working to play last night so I'll be joining one of the two, whichever fits my schedule better. The points from the 9pm aren't going to count toward standings, so saying only the remaining 9 should join is stupid. The final 9 and 3 other cashers should have received a password, but SBR didn't do that. It took days of me bitching to get one last time, and even then a guy who didn't get the password joined and played a major part in determining who won.

Also, if someone took a screenshot of the standings when it crashed that may have been better, as I'm sure they can't access the tournament info at the time of crash (which is another reason why 12th-10th won't get their points in the standings)

RudyRuetigger

lost some respect for these fukks joining the 9pm

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    They should be listed in the software as makeup tournaments. Some people don't read the forum and they'll just sign up thinking it's bonus tournaments. They'll both be full with maybe half of each being people that got locked out of the 9pm. Just look for the 3pm and 7pm regulars
    glad you said this because I did and while I was waiting seen this thread. Thank you because being fat and ugly' I didn't need to be branded a cheater. Like that idiot who live in the same city as I.But i didn't play 5 under bobby waves so 11 it is. be honest not sure so backed out
    Last edited by chico2663; 07-02-16 at 09:59 PM.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    lost some respect for these fukks joining the 9pm
    Hopefully they can sleep tonight..

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Out of the 9pm...into the 11pm...BOL

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Hopefully they can sleep tonight..
    speaking of dumbfukks, you do realize they have the stacks copied from the 9 remaining

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    speaking of dumbfukks, you do realize they have the stacks copied from the 9 remaining
    Yep, but a screenshot gives much better proof than just typing out what the stacks were. Gives evidence. Would it have mattered? Who knows. Doesn't matter now.

Jimmy Proffett

If you were the chip leader, you would be singing a different tune.
    I would not.

What happens if the chip leader (Yis) busts out tonight, when he had an easy top 3 locked up? How is that fair?
    I wouldn't be. If life's been fair to you up until this point, then count your lucky stars. SBR tries its best to put out a good product; they had a glitch. There's no need to get all emotional b/c something happened to lock up the poker site.

I was almost a part of it, as I busted out in 11th. Doesn't matter who wasn't affected, it's about doing the right thing.
    I do agree that doing the right thing would be for a person signed up for the 11PM Thursday to play the 11PM tonight if possible. That was my bad; I shouldn't have originally logged into the 9PM. I also don't think the other 20+ people joining the 9PM tonight are pieces of shit, as you so eloquently put it. They have the night off or whatever, let em play ffs, it's for poker points.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

They can, as it's been done before.

If you were the chip leader, you would be singing a different tune. What happens if the chip leader (Yis) busts out tonight, when he had an easy top 3 locked up? How is that fair?

If SBR had specified that was how they wanted to do it I would have done it that way (and I assume others would have too) but they didn't specify that.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Yep, but a screenshot gives much better proof than just typing out what the stacks were. Gives evidence. Would it have mattered? Who knows. Doesn't matter now.
    oneunder took a screenshot and posted accurate chip totals in the thread that was created when it went down.

Also hand history is available for the last hand before the crash.

here it is ;

***** Hand history (v1.2) *****
    Hand ID 5910386
    $0 + $6 Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - 21:58:00 30/06/2016 ET
    Table 'Table 67505', 10 seats max, Real money
    Seat 1 is the button. Small Blind $0, Big Blind $300
    Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 10
    Seat 1 (playing) : oneunder, amount $1895, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 3 (playing) : Grivas_Digeni, amount $5022, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 4 (playing) : vladfan, amount $395, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 5 (playing) : GaryDN, amount $2095, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 6 (playing) : hhsilver, amount $9445, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 7 (playing) : yisman, amount $14339, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 8 (playing) : JBiddyJ23, amount $881, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 9 (playing) : dogracin, amount $5868, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 10 (playing) : downsouth, amount $5060, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Grivas_Digeni: Big Blind ($300)
    ** Dealing Down Cards **
    Dealt to hhsilver: [Qh, Jd]
    vladfan: Fold
    GaryDN: Fold
    hhsilver: Call [btn] ($300)
    yisman: Raise ($3600)
    JBiddyJ23: Fold
    dogracin: Fold
    downsouth: Fold
    oneunder: Fold
    Grivas_Digeni: Fold
    hhsilver: Fold [btn] ($0)
    ** End Round **
    ** Evaluate **
    yisman: Muck ($0)
    ** Showdown **
    Main pot $4425, Rake $0
    Summary yisman: bet $3600, won $4425, net $825, won $4425 from main pot

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

ok you bullied me I'M out

bobbywaves

The points from the 9pm aren't going to count toward standings, so saying only the remaining 9 should join is stupid.
    Disagree. Places 10-12 did count towards standings & were credited, as you can see by my 11th place badge. If you're talking about the makeup tourney, obviously pts will count. Otherwise, tourney is not worth playing.

The reason why only the final 9 should play is obvious, they need to cash twice now & will only be credited if they cash tonight. Yis was the chip leader with a huge stack & a top 3 locked up. So how is it fair he may get nothing now, if he busts due to more than the 9 people who should have been playing?

First 1234 Last