SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Thinly veiled deflection post to hide the obvious...TheMoneyShot is, in fact, Austin Russell

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't know all the Poker Lingo... and most of you guys who know me from SBR... understand that I do play for fun. I'm well below average.

But, I can read different tendencies... and you learn by watching players from time to time. If you guys say there's a few areas of weakness to AUSTIN'S game.... then you can pin point it. Every time I'm at a table with him... he runs hot. It's a ridiculous hot. I never witness a bluff by him. Every time he raised (on practically anything...) he had you beat. Almost systematic. A lot of you guys have played online poker for 7-10+ years maybe even longer... so you would be able to tell if someone had a ridiculous advantage on you.

You guys tell me what you would of done in this situation....

Playing in the 11 PM.

I don't remember how many players were left... maybe 25+ players left.

Austin's Chip Total: Around 4400
    My Chip Total: Around 1500

Austin dealt KJ spades
    I'm dealt AQ off.

I forgot what the blinds were... 200/100?

Austin goes in 200.. I went all in. A few other players folded. After everyone folded he thought about it and called. If you're a chip leader are you going to call with KJ suited? Without knowing what I have? Most people go all in with AK or possibly AQ. So, in all essence... why would you push with KJ? If I have AK... he has to hope for a J or flush. Basically I have him beat with anything else. I don't really understand the call? If you lose... you go from 4400 to 2900. Is it even worth a CALL?

So.... the flop comes... mostly low cards with 2 spades. So AUSTIN has FLUSH draw with Turn and River remaining. Turn card... no help. River card J Clubs.

Regardless... just SBR software BS. Regardless... I've folded numerous times KJ suited against players. Who went all in..... if I would of called... I wouldn't of hit.

I just want to know... if you're at a LIVE POKER tournament.... and you're sitting in the top 5 (Chip Total Leaders) with over half the field remaining. And you have KJ suited... and someone shoves all in at 1500 chips... Is it worth it to you... to "possibly" lose 33% of your chip total on shove?

Just asking.

Chipup
    Chipup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

TMS,
    Yes I would call. For a great deal of factors. Knowing full well as you said people over value AJ,AQ type of hands here when getting short stacked all the time. Forgetting that even with KJ in my hand it's still a 60/40% type of hand. Not to mention a lot of players here shove with 8-9 off type hands or k4 just because they haven't seen a hand in so long and are desperate hoping their previous tight play image will help them pick up the blinds. Also One thing No poker book ever teaches you is Value of a chip.

In your and my hands 4400 chips is comfortable for us to ride out till we get to the final table. For Austin, even if he had lost his 1500 Chips, in his hands those 2.9k chips he had left are like 5k in our hands.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I believe it's a 70/30 type of hand but the response is typical of what you get here at SBR poker.

snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I don't know all the Poker Lingo... and most of you guys who know me from SBR... understand that I do play for fun. I'm well below average.

But, I can read different tendencies... and you learn by watching players from time to time. If you guys say there's a few areas of weakness to AUSTIN'S game.... then you can pin point it. Every time I'm at a table with him... he runs hot. It's a ridiculous hot. I never witness a bluff by him. Every time he raised (on practically anything...) he had you beat. Almost systematic. A lot of you guys have played online poker for 7-10+ years maybe even longer... so you would be able to tell if someone had a ridiculous advantage on you.

You guys tell me what you would of done in this situation....

Playing in the 11 PM.

I don't remember how many players were left... maybe 25+ players left.

Austin's Chip Total: Around 4400
    My Chip Total: Around 1500

Austin dealt KJ spades
    I'm dealt AQ off.

I forgot what the blinds were... 200/100?

Austin goes in 200.. I went all in. A few other players folded. After everyone folded he thought about it and called. If you're a chip leader are you going to call with KJ suited? Without knowing what I have? Most people go all in with AK or possibly AQ. So, in all essence... why would you push with KJ? If I have AK... he has to hope for a J or flush. Basically I have him beat with anything else. I don't really understand the call? If you lose... you go from 4400 to 2900. Is it even worth a CALL?

So.... the flop comes... mostly low cards with 2 spades. So AUSTIN has FLUSH draw with Turn and River remaining. Turn card... no help. River card J Clubs.

Regardless... just SBR software BS. Regardless... I've folded numerous times KJ suited against players. Who went all in..... if I would of called... I wouldn't of hit.

I just want to know... if you're at a LIVE POKER tournament.... and you're sitting in the top 5 (Chip Total Leaders) with over half the field remaining. And you have KJ suited... and someone shoves all in at 1500 chips... Is it worth it to you... to "possibly" lose 33% of your chip total on shove?

Just asking.

1) You just play a different game then Pokerplayers do. Your post shows that you have no idear of odds, and ICM.
    2) You can play poker without that knowleage but
    3) PLEASE stop complaining about it!!!

i'll try to give you a little look.

Against Your range he got somithing like 40% Equity.

Equity Win Tie
    MP2 59.24% 58.77% 0.47% 22+, A7s+, KQs, A7o+, KQo
    MP3 40.76% 40.29% 0.47% KsJs

If your are i tight nit it is 33% at least:

Equity Win Tie
    MP2 67.56% 67.13% 0.43% TT+, AJs+, AJo+
    MP3 32.44% 32.01% 0.43% KsJs

The pot is Blinds+his200+your 1500. so he has to pay 1300 to win a total of 3300.
    So it is 2.54 to 1 odds. I dont think he is a good player, but if he does open that pot
    he has to call ur 1500. i is just +ev longterm

ps: sorry for my bad english
    pps: and this is just the odd view on that scenario ... from the ICM piont of view the call is not even close

but ... like i said. i dont think he is a good player ... i dont think he knows what he did in this spot ... he is just an avg agressiv type of guy... and i like that
    Last edited by snip3r2006; 01-28-16 at 06:20 AM.
    Points Awarded:

AUSTINRUSSELL gave snip3r2006 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21 gave snip3r2006 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

AUSTINRUSSELL
    Born with Aces
    AUSTINRUSSELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3031

People are funny.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

#scarflivesmatter

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by AUSTINRUSSELL View Post
    People are funny.
    Everybody funny...Now you funny too.
    Points Awarded:

AUSTINRUSSELL gave bobbywaves 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by AUSTINRUSSELL View Post
    People are funny.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Great movie AD

Auto Donk

one of my all-time favorites..... i can probably recite every line in it, and know it scene by scene.....

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24893

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I can attest Austin Russell being a fun poker opponent who is a challenge to play against.

He's a new father. In my book, he's a-ok. He DOES catch too many Aces, tho.
    Hey, AR. I put in a good word for u. Hopefully you'll go ez on me next time we're in the poker-room.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    one of my all-time favorites..... i can probably recite every line in it, and know it scene by scene.....
    Donk, if the poker-regs ever meet up for a live poker-tournament in Vegas. Ooh-la-la, what a shindig that would be.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by snip3r2006 View Post
    1) You just play a different game then Pokerplayers do. Your post shows that you have no idear of odds, and ICM.
    2) You can play poker without that knowleage but
    3) PLEASE stop complaining about it!!!

i'll try to give you a little look.

Against Your range he got somithing like 40% Equity.

Equity Win Tie
    MP2 59.24% 58.77% 0.47% 22+, A7s+, KQs, A7o+, KQo
    MP3 40.76% 40.29% 0.47% KsJs

If your are i tight nit it is 33% at least:

Equity Win Tie
    MP2 67.56% 67.13% 0.43% TT+, AJs+, AJo+
    MP3 32.44% 32.01% 0.43% KsJs

The pot is Blinds+his200+your 1500. so he has to pay 1300 to win a total of 3300.
    So it is 2.54 to 1 odds. I dont think he is a good player, but if he does open that pot
    he has to call ur 1500. i is just +ev longterm

ps: sorry for my bad english
    pps: and this is just the odd view on that scenario ... from the ICM piont of view the call is not even close

but ... like i said. i dont think he is a good player ... i dont think he knows what he did in this spot ... he is just an avg agressiv type of guy... and i like that
    Everyone has statistics/calculations.. and then SBR happens

snip3r2006

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Everyone has statistics/calculations.. and then SBR happens
    at the end ... JUST MATH

ChuckyTheGoat

Snip3r, is that u in the avatar?

I'm guessing it IS, since u have a big chip-stack in front of u.

astro61200

at the end ... JUST MATH
    It was a joke.. you're running well right now, but SBR is very fickle. You'll see why people call it a RSH.

SharpAngles

SBR poker laughs at your "math"!!!

Give it 3 months and you'll lose that new player feeling and become as jaded as the rest of us!

Forget the other players, most times its a battle against the RNG

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

at the end ... JUST MATH

Wow, i thought that i heard a lot about poker opinions, and then this one just top it.
    I love the internet wiz guys when they show up on a live cash game or tournament, without the computer assistance, and naked of social skills, they just hand over money over a conversation.
    About 10% of the good players here will take you for all you have, if you really think like that.
    As per me, after a few years in the game, let me tell you, is about the player not the cards or math and if the skills are level, is about mistakes, and luck.
    Sincerely with all my respects, Sin.

https://youtu.be/RkAbAswCYJ4
    Last edited by sinmiedo; 01-29-16 at 12:52 PM.

AUSTINRUSSELL
    Born with Aces
    AUSTINRUSSELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3031

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    Wow, i thought that i heard a lot about poker opinions, and then this one just top it.
    I love the internet wiz guys when they show up on a live cash game or tournament, without the computer assistance, and naked of social skills, they just hand over money over a conversation.
    About 10% of the good players here will take you for all you have, if you really think like that.
    As per me, after a few years in the game, let me tell you, is about the player not the cards or math and if the skills are level, is about mistakes, and luck.

It is for sure about all three. In this order.

1. The Cards
    2. The Player
    3. The Math

Many many many more mistakes will be made without the math. Luck will always be a random factor however luck is based on numbers. The people who cry all the time about bad beats ect make me laugh. The typical player that is a losing player. Focuses on the losses and doesn't even remember the time they got lucky and hit a perfect card on the river.

Also for the people "getting it in good most of the time and losing" and then saying "I hardly ever get lucky on the river" this is because a high % of you don't understand draws and are not gong to risk your tournament on a draw because you would rather grind out bottom tier prizes.

Chipup
    Chipup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

At the end it's all about Expected Value Period. And since that is all perception, only you can tell you what is +EV. Like in life, The majority don't even decide before they start what they really want to accomplish or what that means to them.

Auto Donk

Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by Chipup View Post
    At the end it's all about Expected Value Period. And since that is all perception, only you can tell you what is +EV. Like in life, The majority don't even decide before they start what they really want to accomplish or what that means to them.
    Chip, I m sharing with you this little story of a poker player, and, I believe that is a good indication in how to beat the improbable.

Seabiscuit, the champion thoroughbred race horse, was so fast and legendary that it inspired an Oscar nominated movie of the same name. You wouldn't bet against Seabiscuit against a superfast horse on steroids, but if you are wise you would probably bet against him when matched up with the gangly Amarillo Slim.
    When Slim proclaimed he could beat Seabiscuit in a hundred yard dash, most punters assumed he had finally lost his mind, and queued up to take his money. The only condition was that Slim picked the track. "Nobody said it was a 100 yard straight line" Slim recalled, as he set a course of 50 yards one way and 50 yards the same way back.
    Naturally Seabiscuit left him for dust for the first 50 yards, but built up such momentum that it was difficult for him to stop and turn round. By the time the jockey had halted his horse, calmed it down and turned it around for the home stretch, Slim was already back at the finish line.

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!
    pboozer57's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Austin Russell is a good player and can put you on tilt real quick. THE END

SharpAngles

My third favorite slim story sin....gotta share top two now to make your point.

2. Slim’s props are legenday. He bet someone he could hit a golf ball a mile. Afterwards, he found a lake that was frozen solid with ice, and drove his ball onto it. The ball was still bouncing a mile and a half later when Slim was collecting his winnings.
    1. He practiced Ping Pong for months with a Coke bottle, and then bet 1939 Wimbledon Champion Bobby Riggs that he could beat him as long as he got to choose the paddles. Riggs took the bait, played with a Coke bottle, and lost. Months later, Riggs challenged Slim to a rematch. Slim agreed, providing that he could pick the paddles. As Riggs reached for a Coke bottle, Slim pulled out two skillets, handed one to Riggs, and proceeded to beat him for a second time. Slim had been practicing with a skillet while Riggs had been honing his skills with a Coke bottle. There would be no third match between the two. He won a reported $300,000 for each of the two bets.

snip3r2006

won this one
    Last edited by snip3r2006; 01-29-16 at 05:05 PM.

snip3r2006

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post

i play poker for a living for over 12 years now ... all the bad or avg players live and online argue like you did.
    but thats no problem for me. ill make monney until i die

there is no luck in poker ... i played millions of hand ... and at the end it comes to probability

ps: how old are you ???

sinmiedo

too old

ChuckyTheGoat

won this one
    OK, follow-up question. What is w/ the scarf?

Is that the put opponent on tilt? Implying that "I'm the Duke of York. These chips mean nothing to me."

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    one of my favorite Tony G videos...seen it a hundred times and still laugh

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

OK, follow-up question. What is w/ the scarf?

Is that the put opponent on tilt? Implying that "I'm the Duke of York. These chips mean nothing to me."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comme...es_acceptable/

it's that bulging neck vein you can't stop when your heart is pounding

astro61200

i play poker for a living for over 12 years now ... all the bad or avg players live and online argue like you did.
    but thats no problem for me. ill make monney until i die

there is no luck in poker ... i played millions of hand ... and at the end it comes to probability

ps: how old are you ???
    I can't wait to revisit this thread in the summer. After snip3r constantly keeps getting busted as a 70/30-80/20 fav. You can only take so many runner runner 4 to a straight rivers.

I had the same thinking last year, when I ran well for that 1 week when I started playing again. Not saying the math and everything is bad, it's most definitely not, but a lot of them can be thrown out the window on here. You'll see soon enough.

Auto Donk

The ICM calculator in his shirt pocket gave it away for me

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

i play poker for a living for over 12 years now ...

Not sure if serious...

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Not sure if serious...
    I still thinking about it too !!!!?

First 123 Last