BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    Beerdog99: Call. ($20)

I stopped there.

You are UTG, either fold or raise the hand if you are going to play it from UTG.

everyone is at least 160 BB deep. Set mining here is fine but you need to define your hand from UTG rather than limp calling 4X.

You are being results oriented also.

Plus you cannot let 3 people "peel" on the turn. You hit your set 1/7.5 times, you need to get 3 streets of value. Extract like a dentist. Why else would you set mine with small PP early position of you aren;t taking advantage of implied odds.

I play for a living and am a very well known poster on 2p2 fwiw.
    Good points, thanks!

sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

so much fail in this thread

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by sapidoc View Post
    Thanks for contributing nothing. Now gtfo

BeerDog99

Well we almost made it through with a real troll comment.

I know I am not the best player and I know I tend to play more to the Passive/Tight side of the spectrum. I am trying to improve.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Beer your game is solid. I've seen you get markedly more aggressive over the past few months. This was just one hand. Don't listen to The Giant. You're as much of a nitty girl as I am a shark which is to say not much

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Quote Originally Posted by sapidoc View Post
    And if you get out of this thread, it'll all go away... How amazing is that?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

Preflop: Assuming the table is loose and mostly passive, I like limp-calling here. Just be aware that how you should play mid/small pairs in EP is highly table dependent.

Flop: The check is automatic, but it gets a little weird after that when the preflop raiser c-bets less than 1/3 pot. With a more normal bet size I would prefer fastplaying with a check/raise, but since the bet is so small I'd rather check/call with the intention of leading every turn card in hopes of getting the LP player to either call light or sense weakness and make a move on the flop.

Turn: You got what you wanted by slowplaying the flop, but now it's time to bet. Betting about 350ish is large enough that it's a mistake for draws to keep calling, but small enough that you can still get action from non-monster made hands like QJ. Of course, if you have reason to believe that your opponents will call more than 350 then bet more. The problem with checking is that there's a good chance it gets checked around and all sorts of draws will get a free card.

River: As played on the turn, the bet is good.

Just my opinion...

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Preflop: Assuming the table is loose and mostly passive, I like limp-calling here. Just be aware that how you should play mid/small pairs in EP is highly table dependent.

Flop: The check is automatic, but it gets a little weird after that when the preflop raiser c-bets less than 1/3 pot. With a more normal bet size I would prefer fastplaying with a check/raise, but since the bet is so small I'd rather check/call with the intention of leading every turn card in hopes of getting the LP player to either call light or sense weakness and make a move on the flop.

Turn: You got what you wanted by slowplaying the flop, but now it's time to bet. Betting about 350ish is large enough that it's a mistake for draws to keep calling, but small enough that you can still get action from non-monster made hands like QJ. Of course, if you have reason to believe that your opponents will call more than 350 then bet more. The problem with checking is that there's a good chance it gets checked around and all sorts of draws will get a free card.

River: As played on the turn, the bet is good.

Just my opinion...

Thanks Ian, I appreciate the feedback/analysis!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Flop set, check-fold.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

i didn't read everyone else's response so I am probably giving the same answer as most but you have to bet turn. It's as simple as that. No idea how 4uk didn't raise river though.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Quote Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
    i didn't read everyone else's response so I am probably giving the same answer as most but you have to bet turn. It's as simple as that. No idea how 4uk didn't raise river though.
    I clicked the little call button, duh

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    I don't get why everyone wants to slow play big hands. If you check and somebody bets you need to check raises and start building the pot so you can get it all in preferably on the turn. Also money needs to go in the pot before scare cards come that will kill your action like a third heart.
    Let me tell you why. Because every single one of us has had horrendous loses here by the dozen. We are not in a hurry to get it all in to find out we lost. I'd rather lose 3-4 BB on the flop because my QQ gets crushed by A rag or K rag than Push it all in when I have 20+ or more BB's behind to get the same result. Post flop though I agree with you. If you didn't get crushed and someone bets. Make them pay.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

With the draws out there (straight and flush) you should have played more aggressively with your set. Monsters don't help you if you aren't even going to bet them! you didn't make any money on turn with that hand? even a big Q like KQ or AQ would have called another bullet or two. especially in tournies. and maybe a heart draw would if they felt like gambling. i've seen it on here plenty of times.

you should have raised the flop
    instead of just check call. you should have followed that up with a bet on the turn. you are playing out of position. i dont like checking monsters on turn out of position, especially with draw heavy board, because they can check behind you and get free card. you aren't charging them for their draw and you arent making money with your monster. and you give them free chance to suck out on you. you should have played hand much more agressive. when you play passive and check hands down people will hit their draws.

if you chk raised flop to about 350, then fired a bet of 700 on turn, the straight draws probably would have gone away. might have called flop, but would have most likely folded the turn to a big bet. and hands like AQ or KQ might have still paid you. I would have played much more agressive.

...but hey. i play like a maniac!
    Last edited by hockey216; 08-11-12 at 06:10 PM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

generally i agree with what barts saying about coming in raising but people dont play position or raise with weaker holdings on sbr so i dont mind trying to sneak in cheap in these tournaments.

First 12