View Poll Results: Which one are you more excited to watch?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • UFC 126

44 38.60%
  • SuperBowl XLV

52 45.61%
  • JJGold

18 15.79%
    k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    There is a difference between dominate and majority. And either way I still don't get what your underlying point behind sayin "at least MMA is a sport that whites can dominate in" is? It's like you think you have an edge by sayin that when it means nothing!
    I'm saying its good for white america since that's the majority right now.

People don't want to see one race dominate a sport espacially blacks.

It maybe racist but its true.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Silva is going to outclass Belfort. I'm close to the Silva camp through my relationship with Silver Star and it's owners (locals her in San Clemente) and the word is Silva is in great shape and ready to beat some ass. Anderson also has done some photo shoots and training her locally at X-Games gold medal winner Ryan Shecklers mma gym/facility (the Shecklers are very close family friends and business partners of mine) and I've been lucky enough to sit in and watch some training sessions. Dude is amazing!

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Ryan Sheckler trains in MMA? oh lord...what is this world coming to

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    Ryan Sheckler trains in MMA? oh lord...what is this world coming to
    lets just say he receives top notch training from high end fighters, but only rolls on the mat with his boys.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude needs to listen to some of the Gracies' stories about their street fights back in the day...choking out dudes for fun!
    uh.. why would you be proud of this? it's equivalent of a pro-fighter challenging some random bum of the street to a fight and bragging about kicking his ass afterwards.. yea that's some impressive sh-t..

ken shamrock detailed a similar incident in his fake "auto-biography", continuing to choke vernon white unconscious to "teach him a lesson" after and despite vernon frantically and desperately tapping. i find that despicable (it's like cumming in a girl after she specifically told you to stop and not to).

here's another story from the "old days" for you 2010 mma'ers: when kimura was touring brazil, he was challenged to a GRAPPLING fight by helio gracie, he accepted. then when he came to the venue he found an empty casket in the stadium, he asked what it's for.. and was told helio brought it b/c one of them will be going out of the stadium inside the coffin ... kimura laughed so hard he almost choked himself.. maybe we can all bring a coffin to our next challenge to show how "tough" we are and brag about fighting someone 100lbs bigger and LOSING..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    uh.. why would you be proud of this? it's equivalent of a pro-fighter challenging some random bum of the street to a fight and bragging about kicking his ass afterwards.. yea that's some impressive sh-t..

ken shamrock detailed a similar incident in his fake "auto-biography", continuing to choke vernon white unconscious to "teach him a lesson" after and despite vernon frantically and desperately tapping. i find that despicable (it's like cumming in a girl after she specifically told you to stop and not to).

here's another story from the "old days" for you 2010 mma'ers: when kimura was touring brazil, he was challenged to a GRAPPLING fight by helio gracie, he accepted. then when he came to the venue he found an empty casket in the stadium, he asked what it's for.. and was told helio brought it b/c one of them will be going out of the stadium inside the coffin ... kimura laughed so hard he almost choked himself.. maybe we can all bring a coffin to our next challenge to show how "tough" we are and brag about fighting someone 100lbs bigger and LOSING..
    We weren't discussing whether one should be proud about it or not...it was simply in response to one of the douches on here who was saying that grappling can't be used in a street fight scenario. I agree with you, choking out somebody random isn't cool or something to be proud about, but nonetheless it proves that it can be used effectively in a streetfight.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

We weren't discussing whether one should be proud about it or not...it was simply in response to one of the douches on here who was saying that grappling can't be used in a street fight scenario. I agree with you, choking out somebody random isn't cool or something to be proud about, but nonetheless it proves that it can be used effectively in a streetfight.
    ...reading comprehension can take you a long way trixtrix.

2010 MMA'ers??? ***** please.

k13

What UFC needs to bring back is the cool introductions and add some personality.

These guys are as bland as they come, they try to work up a fight wwe style but looks/sounds so fake.

They all talk all this shit to each other then hug in the ring. Come on. Weak sauce.

99% of them I could not tell apart if they walked down the street.

UFC was great when big fat guys fought little guys.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Dude you need to check out Titan Fights, be right up your street...Tim Sylvia is ur man.

trixtrix

lol, you're right dude, you know more about mma than me, congrats on your huge brain and huge bankroll (i calculate i've profited at least quarter mil in mma, congrats on making at least twice that)

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

lol, you're right dude, you know more about mma than me, congrats on your huge brain and huge bankroll (i calculate i've profited at least quarter mil in mma, congrats on making at least twice that)
    hahaha, trix truly has amazing reading comprehension skills

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

What's that got do with anything? Who said they knew more about MMA than you?!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    hahaha, trix truly has amazing reading comprehension skills
    We've got yet another dude who seems to be on another planet...I'm glad Im not the only one noticing this!

illmatick
    Update your status

congrats, you learned how to make a profit in MMA.

In case you didn't notice, you'd have to be complete fokin moron not to be able to turn a profit betting on MMA.

trixtrix

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    congrats, you learned how to make a profit in MMA.

In case you didn't notice, you'd have to be complete fokin moron not to be able to turn a profit betting on MMA.
    that must be why pinny put out mma lines w/ 20k limits and 10c margins, b/c EVERYONE wins.. anyways i said you were god so this argument is pointless, oh smite me mighty one..

illmatick
    Update your status

again with the reading comprehension. where did I say everyone?

hey, you're the one who came into this thread on a high horse, go ahead and weasel your way out of it. Fine by me.

trixtrix

i was referring ilmatick w/ the other statement

in regards to your post, my pt was that using the example that gracies purportedly choke people out in the street as a valid argument why grappling is effective in a street fight is equivalent using rape as an example of men's superiority over women.. go up to random people and hump them behind w/ all 3 hooks in while perform the rnc is indicative of nothing but an assholistic mean streak and being a bully.

y grappling is v effective in a street fight, no that's not a good example of it

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

trixtrix

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    again with the reading comprehension. where did I say everyone?

hey, you're the one who came into this thread on a high horse, go ahead and weasel your way out of it. Fine by me.
    weasle out of what, you claimed EVERYONE and their mothers win in mma, and i came in on a high horse? answer this simple question brainiac: if everyone wins in mma, how can pinny afford to put out 20k limits w/ 10c lines?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

i was referring ilmatick w/ the other statement

in regards to your post, my pt was that using the example that gracies purportedly choke people out in the street as a valid argument why grappling is effective in a street fight is equivalent using rape as an example of men's superiority over women.. go up to random people and hump them behind w/ all 3 hooks in while perform the rnc is indicative of nothing but an assholistic mean streak and being a bully.

y grappling is v effective in a street fight, no that's not a good example of it
    How is that equivalent? Gracies weren't just walking the streets looking for random people to choke out or at least that wasnt what I was implying! A "street-fight" scenario would suggest that the opposing 'fighters' whether it be one on one or gangs or whatever are willing to fight each other..i.e both aware what is happening (consensual). The act of raping a woman is a one way thing (the woman is not willing) otherwise it wouldn't be a rape would it! I think you should go back a page or two and read what the dude was saying in order to get some context!

trixtrix

How is that equivalent? Gracies weren't just walking the streets looking for random people to choke out or at least that wasnt what I was implying! A "street-fight" scenario would suggest that the opposing 'fighters' whether it be one on one or gangs or whatever are willing to fight each other..i.e both aware what is happening (consensual). The act of raping a woman is a one way thing (the woman is not willing) otherwise it wouldn't be a rape would it! I think you should go back a page or two and read what the dude was saying in order to get some context!
    you stated gracies were "choking out dudes for fun", that sure implies a one-way thing. that's not really proof that grappling is more effective in streetfight, that's more proof that they're willing to keep going (like rape) regardless of whether their opp had any interest in progressing further

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

you stated gracies were "choking out dudes for fun", that sure implies a one-way thing. that's not really proof that grappling is more effective in streetfight, that's more proof that they're willing to keep going (like rape) regardless of whether their opp had any interest in progressing further
    c'mon trix stop being difficult youre both saying the same things

1. skillful grapplers can really hurt people and F*ck up their days
    2. in general, grappling doesnt come into play so much. so much so that a certain individual can bully and dominate if he knows what to do down there. "rape" someone.

again- this is why they're saying you lack reading comprehension skills (a claim with which i disagree)...they are not saying it is more effective than anything. they are saying it can be effective.

the guys that think grappling is hugging it out or that "theres no tapping in the streets" makes sh*t soft out there:

sooo...you know how your elbow bends?

wouldnt it be cool if your elbow could bend the other way? like backwards...

No. that would not be cool. and there are lotsa dangerous guys that can help you realize that.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha okay I see, lost in translation me thinks as I'm English! I didn't mean it in a literal sense that they do it because it is pleasurable for them, but that they do it so much that it is like fun (as in it became just an everyday regular occurrence for them).

William Walters

What UFC needs to bring back is the cool introductions and add some personality.

These guys are as bland as they come, they try to work up a fight wwe style but looks/sounds so fake.

They all talk all this shit to each other then hug in the ring. Come on. Weak sauce.

99% of them I could not tell apart if they walked down the street.

Those were the days! Paul "The Polar Bear" Varlands (sp?) verse some 180 guy..........classic!

k13

This was just great stuff.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

This was just great stuff.

Wow. This was even funnier to me because recently somebody posted a video somewhere of Little Mac fighting King Hippo in Mike Tyson's Punchout. Perfect.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i wish i could unvote. id cast my vote for jjgold. im so pumped about both of these events.

bader and rodgers.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

I didn't say grappling can't ever be used in any real street fight scenario. All I said is that if you're putting a choke hold on somebody his friends aren't just going to stand around with their thumbs up their asses and let you sit there and do it unimpeded.

If you're lucky enough to get into a street fight with honorable people who let you go one on one, grapple all you want. I've never been that fortunate. As soon as I get the upperhand I generally get rushed by 3-4 other fukheads who can't believe a guy my size (5'11 165) is kicking the shit out of their meat-head friend.

I mean really, most people looking for a fight are drunk military people with half their squad waiting for an excuse to kick some civilian ass, or a gang of gym rats just hoping some guy crosses the line with them so they can have a reason to take their shirts off and flex their pecks for the onlooking chicks. And I don't care how good of a grappler you are, it's not going to work when you're locked up with a guy and his three buddies are bashing you in the head with beer bottles.

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

A Silva, and then the Superbowl? Great lineup, no doubt.

SlingShot
    SlingShot's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm pumped for UFC 126. Great card. Weigh-in video.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Getting into grappling with the inspiration of becoming a professional fighter is the equivalent of getting into figure skating with the inspiration of playing in the NHL.

(It's for pussies that are missing the point)

No I've never trained in any form of grappling. But then I've never needed to. The next time I struggle scrubbing the eyebrows of some dickshit jersey trash off onto the pavement maybe I'll look into it.

Grappling is for the pansies looking to avoid a fight. If you can't see that, well, I'm sorry. You're a douchebag that's been brainwashed by the same sort of self-serving wannabe hipsters that think Radiohead is good rock n' roll.

I'd like to see you try that f\*g shit in a real life scenario. There are no tap outs on the streets brother. Just one dude coming at you after another. And you better be prepared to put them down as fast as you can. There's no time to just sit there for 90 seconds while you cut off some dude's oxygen supply. Now if they've taught you how to smash in a guy's trachea, all right. Maybe your skills will come in handy. Otherwise, you best stand back and leave it to those who know how to incapacitate somebody a little faster than the time it takes to heat up a microwave dinner.
    You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you? What do you think Andersen Silva and Vitor Belfort started training first? Im pretty sure it was jiu jitsu and that can be said for probably 50% of pro fighters today.

Now for all of your real life scenerio shit. Grapplers fare the best in street fights as well. Back when I was less mature, and actually got into street fights, it was always the wrestlers who were the baddest dudes around. And, yes. I am looking to avoid a fight now. I am a professional and fighting has nothing for me. I train bjj which is great for my disipline, and physical and mental health. I have also boxed in the past, and Ill tell you that BJJ takes a far greater toll on my body.

And what's up whether the NJ hate, I think your watching too much TV.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    I didn't say grappling can't ever be used in any real street fight scenario. All I said is that if you're putting a choke hold on somebody his friends aren't just going to stand around with their thumbs up their asses and let you sit there and do it unimpeded.

If you're lucky enough to get into a street fight with honorable people who let you go one on one, grapple all you want. I've never been that fortunate. As soon as I get the upperhand I generally get rushed by 3-4 other fukheads who can't believe a guy my size (5'11 165) is kicking the shit out of their meat-head friend.

I mean really, most people looking for a fight are drunk military people with half their squad waiting for an excuse to kick some civilian ass, or a gang of gym rats just hoping some guy crosses the line with them so they can have a reason to take their shirts off and flex their pecks for the onlooking chicks. And I don't care how good of a grappler you are, it's not going to work when you're locked up with a guy and his three buddies are bashing you in the head with beer bottles.

And, where the f*ck are your friends? You have never been in a fight where you are locked up one on one with someone while your boys are scrapping too? Not suprising, you seem like enough of a d1ck that no one would be standing by your side.

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17432

ither's only one answer for me and that's superbowl but i do love mma.....

FLO31
    Fidel CashFLO
    FLO31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I cannot wait for tonight.. that vitor silva staredown was epic...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    And, where the f*ck are your friends? You have never been in a fight where you are locked up one on one with someone while your boys are scrapping too? Not suprising, you seem like enough of a d1ck that no one would be standing by your side.

First ... 34567 Last