lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Steelers seemed pretty comfy today at media session

I already took GB -2.5 and it was puzzling to see the steelers so easy going and relaxed on media day. They seem to give the impression that the bowl is there right. Sure it is hard to argue that because of there history but i love the packers this time. Steelers seem too laid back this time. Lets face it , the last two times the steelers were there they beat avg teams and should have lost to Zona and could have lost to Sea if it wasnt for horrible officiating. Steelers are very experienced and will be ready for this game but imo they are underestimating the task in front of them and look way too cocky and arrogant heading into the big game. I had thoughts of eating my bet but now i know why oddsmakers made GB the fave. Pittsburgh is ripe to be beaten and the time has come for them to go down. DO NOT bet on the STEELERS. THEY WILL LOSE THIS GAME BY AT LEAST 3POINTS.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Steelers 20-17.

Know nothing about NFL though.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Teams are in a Superbowl for a reason, no team that makes it can be called average in my opinion. The Seahawks and Cardinals both won when they needed to, in order to go to the Superbowl. I think most people call them average teams because they aren't big name popular franchises.

We'll see what happens, can't wait for this Sunday. GO STEELERS!

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I already took GB -2.5 and it was puzzling to see the steelers so easy going and relaxed on media day. They seem to give the impression that the bowl is there right. Sure it is hard to argue that because of there history but i love the packers this time. Steelers seem too laid back this time. Lets face it , the last two times the steelers were there they beat avg teams and should have lost to Zona and could have lost to Sea if it wasnt for horrible officiating. Steelers are very experienced and will be ready for this game but imo they are underestimating the task in front of them and look way too cocky and arrogant heading into the big game. I had thoughts of eating my bet but now i know why oddsmakers made GB the fave. Pittsburgh is ripe to be beaten and the time has come for them to go down. DO NOT bet on the STEELERS. THEY WILL LOSE THIS GAME BY AT LEAST 3POINTS.

Pitt moneyline is getting pounding yet GB moneyline is climbing at every sharp book on the block.. Love Green Bay here..

I already pounded over 22.5 completions for green bay .. and over 5 sacks combined game total ..

mathis and hawk will get to ben..

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

They, and their fans, have a sense of entitlement almost as bad as the 2007 Pats. People thought they were godlike with their experience and reputation like they do with PITT here. That's basically the only angle I see for PITT backers wherever I look, and it is overrated.

This isn't another NFC West team in the bowl and reality will come crashing down.

GB is hands down the best, most balanced team PITT has faced in the playoffs in 5 years. GB is the first team with top 10 O/D in that entire span.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 02-02-11 at 01:27 AM.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Nittany Lion View Post
    Teams are in a Superbowl for a reason, no team that makes it can be called average in my opinion. The Seahawks and Cardinals both won when they needed to, in order to go to the Superbowl. I think most people call them average teams because they aren't big name popular franchises.

We'll see what happens, can't wait for this Sunday. GO STEELERS!

How about those 85 pats? What about those 89 Broncos? What about the 94 chargers? What about the 98 Falcons?

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

No overtime at -1550 for 74 units

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Why you would want to be on either side in this game baffles me.. I may tease the Steelers and Over, but the only play I see is Over 44...

The Steelers won't be able to stop Rodgers, and the Packers don't know what to do with a lead..

Soon we will see..

Hootie Johnson
    Hootie Johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8105

Yes overtime for one free Papa John's pizza!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

steeler's owners, rooney family, connected to officials i think. they made fortune off of sports betting, i wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of calls go the steelers way.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    steeler's owners, rooney family, connected to officials i think. they made fortune off of sports betting, i wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of calls go the steelers way.
    wat

mav924
    mav924's Avatar Become A Pro!

It should be a good game

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Good luck to Green Bay.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakerboy, what is your record for the playoffs? Like 2-7?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

sure they are comfortable they have been in this spot before and know what to expect. would you still take GB if they were +2?

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Why would you be puzzled that the Steelers looked so much at ease? They've been through this twice in the last five years. What's puzzling to me is why anyone thinks this matters in the least. It will have no bearing on the outcome of the game.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    sure they are comfortable they have been in this spot before and know what to expect. would you still take GB if they were +2?

i would..

after both championship games.. I had Pitt -5 -5.5 ... when the line is off that much from what i think it should be i go the other way..

the books want money on pitt.. plain and simple.. pitt -2 or pitt +2.5 would achieve the same thing for the books .. action on pitt.. But what the Books Do not want to do . .is Give Green Bay a "+' moneyline.. that is the only reason why pitt is the dog here.. They Don't want Huge Wagers on a Moneyline they know is going to win.. at a "+" price..

Huge action on Pitt moneyline.. yet the price this morning will be better then last night? Is your Bookie Having a Fire Sale? Then why do you think the Pitt line is going up? ITs an open invite from your book ..
    Last edited by kmarinouofm; 02-02-11 at 04:53 AM.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

I like Packers aswell but I don't care about one media session several days before the game. What should they look like nervous little kids? These guys handle media every single day so of course they might seem a bit comfortable, especially when Steelers have played alot of big games the past few years. They won't underestimate an opponent in the SB because of this.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post

As far as I know, he's been doing PRETTY well this offseason (money-wise, don't know the record), really nice comeback.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

this is a so so 50/50 game dont step out on it. lot of action b4 and after sb, gl.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Don't see how you can win a super bowl if you can't run the ball.
    Don't see how G.B. will be able too.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

How about those 85 pats? What about those 89 Broncos? What about the 94 chargers? What about the 98 Falcons?
    89 broncos and 94 chargers played niners teams that were just too good.

98 falcons were not that bad of a team. Beat good teams in the playoffs and shit their pants in the super bowl.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

He's picked against pitt all playoffs I think...I know he made a thread about balt being them... he also made a thread about tampa bay beating them in week 3... that worked out well... and it was Tuesday ur suppose to be loose on media day... I don't think they looked ne different then gb

zoso11871
    zoso11871's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2334

GB is good. Pitt better.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    Oh not very good but I have made A LOT of money in this years playoffs. I only bet 300 on gb to win this game by 3. Its not a big play. Hope you haven't faded me $ for $ or you might be burried.

757sFinest
    757sFinest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Running game....pitt
    Defense.....pitt
    Quarterback....pitt
    Been there done that...pitt

With all that being said....I like pitt

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 757sFinest View Post
    Running game....pitt
    Defense.....pitt
    Quarterback....pitt
    Been there done that...pitt
    With all that being said....I like pitt

You forgot to add that Pitt had a cupcake schedule and haven't beaten any good teams...therefore they will lose. Because they can't be a good team without playing any tough teams on their schedule.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

So if lets say the Steelers were all tense at the media day, with mean faces, saying profanities and basically being complete assholes to the media the play would have been Steelers?

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

what happened in the reg season has no bareing on now... they beat balt and jets to get to here that's all that matters

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    You forgot to add that Pitt had a cupcake schedule and haven't beaten any good teams...therefore they will lose. Because they can't be a good team without playing any tough teams on their schedule.

Yep. Cupcake schedule. But watch out for the Pack in the NFC, they played nothing but top-notch organizations....49ers, Lions, Vikings, Skins, Cowboys.......

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

If Packers get a lead, how do they run out the clock?

Will be a very interesting game from a strategic standpoint

McCarthy's substitutions and adjustments may be deciding factor

wh8amin
    wh8amin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers all the way...10+ point win.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Why you would want to be on either side in this game baffles me.. I may tease the Steelers and Over, but the only play I see is Over 44...

The Steelers won't be able to stop Rodgers, and the Packers don't know what to do with a lead..

Soon we will see..

Dude this is a betting forum.... The reason I would like to pick a side is because I want to profit off this game. I wouldn't even watch this game if I didn't have money on it, I don't like either team.

Take the Packers -3 .

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    If Packers get a lead, how do they run out the clock?

Will be a very interesting game from a strategic standpoint

McCarthy's substitutions and adjustments may be deciding factor

How do they run out the clock??? They don't .... they keep lighting up that Steelers defense and keep the foot on the gas with the lead. They keep blitzing and keep making the Steelers pay all game.

Besides the Packers ran for over 100 yards last game vs a good Bears run defense.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure how looking comfy at media day translates into a Green Bay win..

12 Last