itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    You aren't a fan of FOX News by chance?
    I watch FNC and MSNBC both....it's called independent thinking.

Tell me how I'm wrong about this speech....give me a groundbreaking quote

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

About time they mention debt

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Education affordable for students, lol I am 40k in debt already and not even done.
    mayb start blaming the govt for not wiping ur ass too

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Ohio St beating the Boilermakers nicely as of 954pm EST in case anyone cares

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Where is Joe Wilson....Obama just LIED

Said Vets can download the e-records now.....not so...still in progress.

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, Winning the Future? He couldn't come up with anything better than that?

Awful.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Education affordable for students, lol

I am 40k in debt already and not even done.

Maybe if you get a real job while you go to school instead of following JJ everywhere smelling his sweaty underwear you wouldn't be in this predicament. The government is not going to give you a job in a silver platter.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunch View Post
    Wow, Winning the Future? He couldn't come up with anything better than that?

Awful.

Face....as a fellow Vet....back me up here....Obama just said we can download our med records with click of a mouse....bet you a year worth of betpoints that the TMC still loses them and no way in hell you can get the full records digitally at once yet...still a year out at LEAST.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Maybe if you get a real job while you go to school instead of following JJ everywhere smelling his sweaty underwear you wouldn't be in this predicament. The government is not going to give you a job in a silver platter.
    You know what I do and who I am!

Says the guy that just made a thread dedicated to him. Paver, you're a funny dude.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

He's going to veto any bill that comes to his desk with earmarks. Haven't I heard that promise before?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    He's going to veto any bill that comes to his desk with earmarks. Haven't I heard that promise before?

They'll just call them 'targeted allocations for district X' so it passes the test

Facepunch

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Face....as a fellow Vet....back me up here....Obama just said we can download our med records with click of a mouse....bet you a year worth of betpoints that the TMC still loses them and no way in hell you can get the full records digitally at once yet...still a year out at LEAST.

I know I went to an SRP last month, and Every single soldier had hard copies, but with the rate at which we get vaccinations, dental, and vision checks I am skeptical that this system will ever be worth a shit.

I know the new CaC cards that we got 2 yrs ago have the microchip that is supposed to carry information, but when I got my new card the guy said that it does nothing to date.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Exactly!!! I go to the University of Tampa not a cheap school by any means and have never taken a loan in mylife , I work my ass off to pay for that shit , people now a days want to take loans so they can party and not work... and then they bitch when theyare in debt

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    Exactly!!! I go to the University of Tampa not a cheap school by any means and have never taken a loan in mylife , I work my ass off to pay for that shit , people now a days want to take loans so they can party and not work... and then they bitch when theyare in debt
    Its called grad school. Good luck paying for that on your own. But hey, I am just pretending like I am educated.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

You know you been racking up loans since you started college

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

When I was in college as an undergrad I was mixing cement for a professor for $4 an hr on weekends. That help a little with the bills. When I went to grad school I got a teaching assistantship and helped pay the tuition and room and board. But I never took a loan. So when I finished school and started working I was actually saving money.

Kids now take loans and don't realize they will be paying them off for the next 30 years.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

education isn't supposed to be the government's duty at all..
    education is not a duty of the federal gov
    according to the constitution which nobody in this shitty country follows anymore.
    bunch of shit, i hate this gov and hate the president.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

When I was in college as an undergrad I was mixing cement for a professor for $4 an hr on weekends. That help a little with the bills. When I went to grad school I got a teaching assistantship and helped pay the tuition and room and board. But I never took a loan. So when I finished school and started working I was actually saving money. Kids now take loans and don't realize they will be paying them off for the next 30 years.
    Great, which is why I work 40hrs a week. Stop pretending like you know me. You have no clue who I am or what I do. Just stop. You're not a fukking detective.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

record for most standing ovations they say.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Obama talks about not spending enough money on infrastructure and how "we need to do better".

Obama talks about a $10,000 credit for college education because its "the right thing to do".

BARACK OBAMA, THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS TO STOP SPENDING SO MUCH DAMN MONEY!!!!!

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    You know you been racking up loans since you started college
    Yep, you know me. You're better than me. You go, Jimmy.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

there were 10 Billion total dollars in circulation in the 1940's
    and 20's Billions in the 1950's

how many now ? us gov has over 50 Trillion in unfunded liabilities
    and is running at 1 trillion per year deficit Gov doesn't even tell us anymore
    it's all a giant screw off and we get the shaft.
    they give the money to pay off crooks in foreign countries
    while we pay it back to them.
    education is a joke when they tell you nothing but lies in school.

Last edited by Snowball; 01-25-11 at 09:20 PM.

andywend

Government projects, government projects, spending mass amounts of money!!!!

Its the only thing this guy knows how to do.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

I know I went to an SRP last month, and Every single soldier had hard copies, but with the rate at which we get vaccinations, dental, and vision checks I am skeptical that this system will ever be worth a shit.

I know the new CaC cards that we got 2 yrs ago have the microchip that is supposed to carry information, but when I got my new card the guy said that it does nothing to date.

Yep...buddy of mine I was on active duty with is in a Guard unit now in the medical readiness section...actually sets up the SRPs at brigade level....dude has to carry around folders in boxes in his POV...writes in witha pen on the packets updated shot records etc...and is frustrated with soldiers' requests to get copies of deployment records....TBI diagnosis...dental...therapy...you name it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Obama talks about not spending enough money on infrastructure and how "we need to do better".

Obama talks about a $10,000 credit for college education because its "the right thing to do".

BARACK OBAMA, THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS TO STOP SPENDING SO MUCH DAMN MONEY!!!!!
    We are about to start having major failures in bridges and highways pretty soon if we don't fix them. What happened in Minnesota can happen again pretty soon.

andywend

Pavy,
    I have no doubt that our country needs to make major improvements in infrastructure.

The problem is Obama has spent the entire State of the Union telling us that we are not spending enough money as a nation and we need to do more (AKA spend more).

Where is the money going to come from to pay for all these projects, pay down the deficit and somehow figure out a way to deal with the unfunded liabilities of Social Security and Medicare?

You can raise taxes on the rich to 100% and it wouldn't come close to paying for a fraction of these things.

Obama talked about the deficit problem and saying the government has to live within its means. How is that possible and still pay for all of these new programs he talked about earlier and to fix all of the above?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The money has to come from somewhere for sure. Maybe since no one is actually trying to invade the US anymore and conquer us like Hitler and the Emperor wanted years ago we can spend less on chasing imaginary enemies. That will be a start to find money.

Facepunch

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Yep...buddy of mine I was on active duty with is in a Guard unit now in the medical readiness section...actually sets up the SRPs at brigade level....dude has to carry around folders in boxes in his POV...writes in witha pen on the packets updated shot records etc...and is frustrated with soldiers' requests to get copies of deployment records....TBI diagnosis...dental...therapy...you name it.

It is kind of messed up, they are cracking down (in my unit anyway) on people that do not want to take the Flu shot, then they can't keep records and people end up getting a flu shot twice against their will.

Same with Anthrax, (which I was furious that I had to get, had a family friend that was 1 of the 10,000 people that had an adverse reaction to it, and almost died. Now he has all sorts of problems and the VA has rejected his claim).

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Pavy,
    I have no doubt that our country needs to make major improvements in infrastructure.

The problem is Obama has spent the entire State of the Union telling us that we are not spending enough money as a nation and we need to do more (AKA spend more).

Where is the money going to come from to pay for all these projects, pay down the deficit and somehow figure out a way to deal with the unfunded liabilities of Social Security and Medicare?

You can raise taxes on the rich to 100% and it wouldn't come close to paying for a fraction of these things.

no he didnt. he talked about cuts that have been made and talked about working with everyone to make more. he even mentioned specific programs that were "near and dear" to him that needed to be trimmed. 'community action' programs i think he called them. talked about how he worked with the military to cut unnecessary spending etc.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I can't comprehend how people voted for him let alone be a Democrat.

andywend

Notice how when Obama mentioned trying to stop frivolous medical malpractice lawsuits, only republicans stood up and applauded (even Joe Biden refused to clap his hands).

Why do democrats so strongly support people who file frivolous lawsuits?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Notice how when Obama mentioned trying to stop frivolous medical malpractice lawsuits, only republicans stood up and applauded (even Joe Biden refused to clap his hands).

Why do democrats so strongly support people who file frivolous lawsuits?
    How do you do their frivolous?? Cuz u say so Andy!!!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I can't comprehend how people voted for him let alone be a Democrat.
    Some people didn't get money from their daddies.. And how can repubs vote for a retard???

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

It is kind of messed up, they are cracking down (in my unit anyway) on people that do not want to take the Flu shot, then they can't keep records and people end up getting a flu shot twice against their will.

Same with Anthrax, (which I was furious that I had to get, had a family friend that was 1 of the 10,000 people that had an adverse reaction to it, and almost died. Now he has all sorts of problems and the VA has rejected his claim).
    That sucks about the Anthrax shot...and yeah the flu issue they've run into issues with the combo shot (with the swine flu included etc) and keeping up with who's had them....also the Hepatitis series shots. I almost choked earlier tonight when Obama said we could get our records with one click of a mouse...that was the best seeing as how if you are enrolled in Tricare region where your duty post is...and are on leave in another state...there is a 48 hour wait to get records from region to region..and that's if you know the loop holes with the patient advocate at one of the hospitals....unreal isn't it.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Obama is so good at promising all these sexy things that everyone wants.

If only he could actually deliver on these promises.

Everything he said he would do, he just re-stated and re-promised. I havent seen anything yet.

First 1234 Last