southcoastmob
    southcoastmob's Avatar Become A Pro!

HELP my bookie is going to do something bad to me!!!

because of the mavs beating the lakers i got almost all of my credit gone with my bookie, i have only 500 left in credit, i need to make 3500 to get even because i dont have any money left, it is either pay the bookie or pay the mortgage

i really need this because he has some history of going after players that dont pay,

PLEASE HELP

i have until sunday to get back to even with those 500!!

THANKS A LOT

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

you just better be glad Im not your bookie

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

better set up a payment plan

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Okay, I'll give this post the benefit of the doubt and give advice.

First off, I doubt if you make a partial payment, he will hurt you. He is better off $$ wise if you pay him over time then hurt you and not pay him at all.

Second off, if you REALLY are in that bind, take that $500 and GIVE IT TO HIM. Don't chase!!! The sooner you tell him your predicament, the better off you are.

Third off, if you REALLY are afraid for you life, take a second mortgage out on your home. You owe $3500? That's pennies to serious bookies.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

It's not because the Mavs beat the Lakers, it's because you're betting over your head.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: illfuuptn, and Waterstpub87

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Follow these steps

1) Do NOT bet anymore (you think you can win it back but trust me, chasing will lead to more money down the drain)
    2) Pay your mortgage. **** the bookie, this is more important
    3) Tell your bookie you need time to pay and set up a payment plan. Say $500 every week or two.
    4) Give me 50 betpoints

Thanks

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

A few different guys told you not to take the Lakers tonight, you are a square, stop betting or you will continue to lose

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

Married?kids?single?

Different approaches all depending on your life's current situation.

For example if you are single and if you do blow the last nickle meaning you owe 4k,you can run,with kids you cannot. borrow the cash if you can.

If not tell the bookmaker you screwed up and need to make payments this will should work unless of course he paid you the last few weeks and in that case you must come up with the cash or he will come after you.

Or of course a $500 4 teamer would take the heat off.

Been there done that a tough way to gamble,BOL getting out of the barrel.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Really?! Your screen name is SouthCoastMob...maybe that should be changed. Pay your debt and stop gambling. Personal loan or credit card cash advance. Or use 500 bucks to get a reliable pump 12 gauge, and stay in your house and wait.

jeffksu
    jeffksu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8728

Do what's best and be honest with the man..Pay as you can and stop for awhile until you have better control of your gaming...sounds like it may be out of control...

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

quit now for good, pay your debts, and #3 consider it a cheap life lesson.
    Points Awarded:

WillSmith gave obamaismyuncle 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lou

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Only bet what you can afford to lose...

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Rob the bookie and buy a gun, shoot his head until he got disfigured face.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Hate to say this, but these are the type of people that give gambling a bad name.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I can give you one guaranteed win that is the West on Saturday in the allstar game if he offers that, but you still need some more games I don't know this is bad.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Fukk that!! Tie a red band around your head and go on the assault!!!

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS
    itriedsohard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I can give you one guaranteed win that is the West on Saturday in the allstar game if he offers that, but you still need some more games I don't know this is bad.
    parlay with jets

bonduforlife
    Bondu means Douche Bag :)
    bonduforlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

take boston, philly, vanouver in NHL MLs Easy Money
    Im Canadian, i know hockey

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

you should not be gambling at all...quit tell him you will pay 200 a week till you erase the debt offer to do side jobs or whatever it takes to pay him off...

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Time to tell your bookie to F........Off or your going to the police, since you were already planning to stiff to begin with

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

3500 is not a lot, borrow from a friend or relative

forevergrindin
    forevergrindin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

damn

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stop gambling right now and pay him slowly , work out a plan> do not chase>

you will be sorry otherwise

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

This needs to be emphasized:

A lot of this scenario (how he will react, etc) depends on your history with this bookie? Are you a consistent square loser customer for him? Or has he paid you out the last couple times you guys met up? Because NOTHING pisses off a local more than a guy that has gotten paid out but then has no money when it's time to pay in. If that's the case, you've got 2 weekdays left to beg, borrow or steal that money to get the 3500 or as close to it as possible.

If, on the other hand, you're a consistent loser, then as others have said, you need to scrounge together everything you have and give it to him, and offer to pay at least that much or more every week from here on out. Some folks have said "take your last $500 and give it to him," but if I read your post correctly, that is $500 in credit, not $500 cash money you have in your pocket. So you really don't even 'have' that money per se, it's just available credit that you technically could use to try to dig out of the hole a little bit. Unfortunately, that's where most gamblers go wrong, because always remember: to get out of a hole, the first thing you have to do is stop digging. If you try to chase a -$3500 balance with $500 credit, you will NOT be successful.

Bottom line: most bookies, since they operate in a legal gray area, are actually more principled and old school than you think. They are very big on your/their word, honesty, and integrity, believe it or not. The absolute best thing you can do is scrape together absolutely every bit of cash you can, via selling things on craigslist, pawning them, cc advances, etc., over the next couple days, and then call the guy on Saturday and basically say, "hey man, wanted to give you a heads up that i got a bit carried away and blew some money i didn't have, thinking i'd win a few more games. Instead of trying to chase with the last $500 in credit and losing it too, i spent the last couple days pawning and craigslisting stuff and have $X.XX to pay you on Monday. I should be able to do about that much each week, more or less, until the 3500 is paid off. I'll make this right."

You will be AMAZED at the local's reaction, and i guarantee you that you'll instantly score 'integrity' points with him and he definitely won't do anything crazy or try to intimidate you. BUT...if you blow that last $500 trying to chase, it will be OBVIOUS that you never had that money nor did you have any intentions of paying it, and were simply taking advantage of him to try to claw your way back. That, my friend, is what really pisses locals off.

But again, all of this depends on whether or not he has paid you out or you have paid him (and how much) the last couple times you met. If you can answer that question, I can provide you with a more succinct answer.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LLXC, and OmgUrMom

Hoja Verdes

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Time to tell your bookie to F........Off or your going to the police, since you were already planning to stiff to begin with
    Terrible idea. Bookies never forget guys like this, trust me. I knew a guy once, friend of a friend, that told a bookie that if he called him again he was going to the police, and thus stiffed the guy on about a -5000 balance for that week. The worst part was that the bookie had paid him out about 1500 the 2 previous weeks and he'd blown that money on a new 47" flatscreen and home entertainment system, and put down a down payment on a new car that he then began to lease. About a month later we were at his house and he was actually bragging about how after that phone call he never heard from the guy again, saying things like "that's what he gets for operating an illegal business."

Well, about 9 months later, he'd gone to bed with one of the windows of his new car slightly rolled down. From what the cops could tell, someone had poured about 2 gallons of gas into the backseat through the open window and thrown a cigarette in, which of course destroyed the car. Turns out the guy had not been carrying the proper insurance on the car after the first few months and ended up getting royally screwed. He never knew for sure, but I bet the local did it. Karma's a bitch.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ZetaPsi808

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

jets m/l

bookies wont touch you if you set up a payment plan

they just want to be paid

Flyers21
    Flyers21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post
    Only bet what you can afford to lose...
    Quote of the day right there!

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Tell him you'll let him bang your wife, who you love dearly and that it'll kill you to allow this. Use 3 of the 5 hundred dollars to hire a hooker who can act competently. Use the other 200 on a cheaper hooker for yourself that you bang at the exact same time the guy believes he's banging your wife.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

hit the pawn shop

Hoja Verdes

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    Tell him you'll let him bang your wife, who you love dearly and that it'll kill you to allow this. Use 3 of the 5 hundred dollars to hire a hooker who can act competently. Use the other 200 on a cheaper hooker for yourself that you bang at the exact same time the guy believes he's banging your wife.
    You guys are missing the point. He has 500 in available credit, not cash money.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    You guys are missing the point. He has 500 in available credit, not cash money.
    Ah, SHIT! That screws my idea up completely. Thought I had a way out for him, too. *sigh*

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

You have gotten some excellent advice and you have gotten some horrible advice here in this thread.

Execellent advice
    1. Stop gambling right now!
    2. Borrow the money from family or friends, if you can. Pay off your bookie and never gamble again.
    3. If you can't borrow the money, go to your bookie and be honest, set up a payment plan. Pay him off and never gamble again.

Horrible Advice
    1. Continue to chase...hit a 4-teamer with your last $500.
    2. Stiff your bookie
    3. Get a gun and shoot your bookie in the face.

Doc

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sell the house, move to Canada.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Payment plan.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

As others have already said pay him back with what you can, as often as you can.

123 Last