curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by southcoastmob View Post
    because of the mavs beating the lakers i got almost all of my credit gone with my bookie, i have only 500 left in credit, i need to make 3500 to get even because i dont have any money left, it is either pay the bookie or pay the mortgage

i really need this because he has some history of going after players that dont pay,

PLEASE HELP

i have until sunday to get back to even with those 500!!

THANKS A LOT
    So, get a gun and you go after the bookie and tell him to leave you alone or something bad is going to happen. Cry baby.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

PM a guy named fightingwarrior....He'll know what to do.

NYER5680
    NYER5680's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Something is better than nothing. If you have to gamble play online.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

A) Payment plan with book

B) Call the mortgage company and ask for an extension on this month's payment. Might cost you a few percent

C) Hit something tonight for 500, then work with that 1K tomorrow with a full slate of games.

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

good luck bro...its like i tell my son.....if you cant accept the consequences whether good or bad...dont do the deed

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Its a shame you'll never make it to 50 posts.

LChruscial85
    Tyler Bray to the Bills!
    LChruscial85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Nothin pisses a Book off more than to not say anything and let him think you will have the $3500 when its due...trust me. Just call ahead and make a payment arrangement....if you know he's gonna do somethin to you, you better try to resolve it instead of ignoring him or acting like nothing is wrong, and finally, I recommend you don't bet anymore until your squared away, you will never catch up chasin...but if your droppin this kind of cash all the time..you better think of a new hobby! GL brother
    Last edited by LChruscial85; 01-20-11 at 09:51 AM.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

dont worry they will forget about it

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's not going to do anything to you. Set up a payment plan. Limbs don't get broken for anything under 10K.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Listen only a half-ass ignorant bookie resorts to violence for such a small amount. In fact, almost all bookies will not even threaten you. It is a bad business decision. It is one of the few ways that a bookie can get arrested. That is what they want to avoid.

Here is the situation. If you bet with a bookie it is only a matter of time until you will come up short. It happens to almost everyone that is betting for a considerable time. I know this for a fact. Even the best come up short. It is an economic principle called--unlimited wants and limited resources. It is nothing that he hasn't heard probably dozens of times, maybe hundreds. They attempt to make you believe you are the only guy that did this to him, that is pure bs. Unless he is a 100% ahole he won't hurt you. Make arrangements with him for payments and stop betting because you are a loser. Don't take that poorly because almost all players are losers. I would say about 98%, just a matter of time.

cobeez
    cobeez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I have a hard time that this is a serious post. This is a great reason why you should quit gambling. If you can't, bet online. You only get credit for what you deposit.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Agree a few things a)bet online b) panic change ur name to ron mexico c) jump his ass knock him out cold... id imagine he'd has lot of cash on him... then pay him with that money, then have some extra for next week... d) y the hell did u bet that line? Had square all over e) what's a number play for u? If u bet 500 is that fishy ?

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    This needs to be emphasized:

A lot of this scenario (how he will react, etc) depends on your history with this bookie? Are you a consistent square loser customer for him? Or has he paid you out the last couple times you guys met up? Because NOTHING pisses off a local more than a guy that has gotten paid out but then has no money when it's time to pay in. If that's the case, you've got 2 weekdays left to beg, borrow or steal that money to get the 3500 or as close to it as possible.

If, on the other hand, you're a consistent loser, then as others have said, you need to scrounge together everything you have and give it to him, and offer to pay at least that much or more every week from here on out. Some folks have said "take your last $500 and give it to him," but if I read your post correctly, that is $500 in credit, not $500 cash money you have in your pocket. So you really don't even 'have' that money per se, it's just available credit that you technically could use to try to dig out of the hole a little bit. Unfortunately, that's where most gamblers go wrong, because always remember: to get out of a hole, the first thing you have to do is stop digging. If you try to chase a -$3500 balance with $500 credit, you will NOT be successful.

Bottom line: most bookies, since they operate in a legal gray area, are actually more principled and old school than you think. They are very big on your/their word, honesty, and integrity, believe it or not. The absolute best thing you can do is scrape together absolutely every bit of cash you can, via selling things on craigslist, pawning them, cc advances, etc., over the next couple days, and then call the guy on Saturday and basically say, "hey man, wanted to give you a heads up that i got a bit carried away and blew some money i didn't have, thinking i'd win a few more games. Instead of trying to chase with the last $500 in credit and losing it too, i spent the last couple days pawning and craigslisting stuff and have $X.XX to pay you on Monday. I should be able to do about that much each week, more or less, until the 3500 is paid off. I'll make this right."

You will be AMAZED at the local's reaction, and i guarantee you that you'll instantly score 'integrity' points with him and he definitely won't do anything crazy or try to intimidate you. BUT...if you blow that last $500 trying to chase, it will be OBVIOUS that you never had that money nor did you have any intentions of paying it, and were simply taking advantage of him to try to claw your way back. That, my friend, is what really pisses locals off.

But again, all of this depends on whether or not he has paid you out or you have paid him (and how much) the last couple times you met. If you can answer that question, I can provide you with a more succinct answer.

beaunose2002
    beaunose2002's Avatar Become A Pro!

screw the mortgage

the banks are more forgiving than the bookie...
    dont gamble anymore...you are not good at it!

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

keep gambling bro don't be a quitter! you'll start winning soon enough

NOREGRETS
    NOREGRETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Take the Blazers tonight.

southcoastmob
    southcoastmob's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks a lot for your comments

i have only 500 left in credit for plays this week, and i have about 220 left in cash in my wallet

i want to call him tonight, make a 3 team parlay, get back to even and quit, and if it does not work, i will cross to mexico to stay for a couple of weeks with a friend at monterrey

as this will probably be one of my last posts, i will give all my points to the one that gives me a winner 3 team parlay, anything that goes with college hoops, nba or nhl

thanks a lot for your time reading and posting this

i feel soooooooo bad

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5020

This takes me back to when I first started gambling. Roughly around the same time of year. NFL playoffs are tough.

Met my bookie at H and R Block. Had to pay them for the cash on the spot option. Never saw any of my Federal return that year, and have never bet over my head since.

RedSox88
    RedSox88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Guy, stop gambling
    Last edited by RedSox88; 01-20-11 at 02:04 PM.

yoteamo79
    yoteamo79's Avatar Become A Pro!

dude are u playing at creditwagering.com?

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by cobeez View Post
    I have a hard time that this is a serious post. This is a great reason why you should quit gambling. If you can't, bet online. You only get credit for what you deposit.

Exactly! Just another fake "drama" post to drive SBR traffic. OP said he had enough to pay bookie $3000 he was down or pay his mortgage. So OP has around a $3000 mortgage? Where I live that's a $400,000 house. You don't put yourself in a position to own a home like that A) If you are a degenerate who bets what he doesnt have. B) Has no savings and has to pay one bill or the other. All of my friends that are responsible enough to have a house like this arent gamblers or are recreational gamblers at best. Just another BS post. What's funny is all the posters who put so much time into their answers and advice like this guy is telling a real story

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

i have only 500 left in credit for plays this week, and i have about 220 left in cash in my wallet

i want to call him tonight, make a 3 team parlay, get back to even and quit, and if it does not work, i will cross to mexico to stay for a couple of weeks with a friend at monterrey

as this will probably be one of my last posts, i will give all my points to the one that gives me a winner 3 team parlay, anything that goes with college hoops, nba or nhl

i feel soooooooo bad

Nathan Bug Tyler
    Nathan Bug Tyler's Avatar Become A Pro!

go have the wife hook on the corner for a few days

ehp6737

i feel soooooooo bad
    So the poster that saves you from having to move to Mexico only gets 50 betpoints? You must really value your life.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck man i hope you make it back to even
    Points Awarded:

southcoastmob gave OmgUrMom 54 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ehp6737

i feel soooooooo bad
    Thought you had enough to pay the bookie or the mortgage? Now you only have $220 So your going to drop your life and flee to Mexico over a $3000 debt. Ya that sounds like someone who owns a home and has a mortgage. Take a hike loser, not buying your BS. Is this guy Taylor?

southcoastmob
    southcoastmob's Avatar Become A Pro!

im officially off this, i dont really know why haters take the time to post,

thanks a lot for your good comments,
    as OmgUrMom was the last post that i read, he is getting my points

good luck and god bless you all

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

The best thing that could happen to you, in the long term, is that your parlay does not hit.
    If it does hit you will not have learned your lesson.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Y did he get points... I gave u the idea to run a change ur name to ron mexico.... plus just parlay florida wisconsin on the ml.. throw some other favs in there

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    The best thing that could happen to you, in the long term, is that your parlay does not hit.
    If it does hit you will not have learned your lesson.

Very true.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Bug Tyler View Post
    go have the wife hook on the corner for a few days
    i agree. rent out her asshole

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Why don't people just stick to online books?

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Why don't people just stick to online books?
    That's every local's ironic dilemma. Their customers are their customers because they don't have the money to post up...so essentially their customer base is made up of people that have a legit reason (been playing with locals forever, i.e. old, and aren't good with computers, or think **/** is sketchy), or young idiots with no money who are more likely to not have the ability to pay when they lose. That's why the key to being a successful local is not extending more than 1000 credit to ANYONE until they've earned it. This kid has $220 cash to his name and was extended $3500 in credit?? That's as much the local's fault as it is the stiff's. If I were booking, which I would definitely be doing if I hadn't gone the wife/family/white collar route in life, every single person would have to shake my hand, look me in the eye, and hand me a hundred dollar bill before they were extended a dime of credit.

MarkDee
    MarkDee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

parley the coyotes, wash over and Atlanta in the NHL tonight
    Thank me later

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

see if he'll accept betpoints and turn PRO

First 123 Last