Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
Time to tell your bookie to F........Off or your going to the police, since you were already planning to stiff to begin with
Terrible idea. Bookies never forget guys like this, trust me. I knew a guy once, friend of a friend, that told a bookie that if he called him again he was going to the police, and thus stiffed the guy on about a -5000 balance for that week. The worst part was that the bookie had paid him out about 1500 the 2 previous weeks and he'd blown that money on a new 47" flatscreen and home entertainment system, and put down a down payment on a new car that he then began to lease. About a month later we were at his house and he was actually bragging about how after that phone call he never heard from the guy again, saying things like "that's what he gets for operating an illegal business."

Well, about 9 months later, he'd gone to bed with one of the windows of his new car slightly rolled down. From what the cops could tell, someone had poured about 2 gallons of gas into the backseat through the open window and thrown a cigarette in, which of course destroyed the car. Turns out the guy had not been carrying the proper insurance on the car after the first few months and ended up getting royally screwed. He never knew for sure, but I bet the local did it. Karma's a bitch.