USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

I doubt it is true

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

you don't know what you've got till its gone, LSU...

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Miles has become a really great coach. The fake fg against Florida won the game for lsu. His team blocks and tackles as good as anyone. He gets a few skilled players and who knows?
    Trust me John Lsu has no shortage of skill players ever... thats whats frustrating look at the Wrs russ shep pro prospect, ruben randall pro prospect, Terrence Tolliver pro prospect all big time recruits and studs behind them and a few espn 150s coming in RB they are deep they need QB play Time for JJ or J Lee to step up maybe they need rivers and zach mettenberger to push them out of that 4 lsu has to get QB play because they have the defense coming back.

teaserpleaser

by defense coming back even losing peterson, nevis, shep, etc they still play a ton of guys and recruit well wont be much fall off on that D crazy as that sounds because peterson is all world.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Highly unlikely. No one wants the Michigan job. They are a 2nd rate Big 10 program. They could ot land Harbaugh, Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern, and Bo Pelini from Nebraska. Miles has a potential NC champion team next season. Why would he go to a Michigan program that has not won more than 7 games against a garbage schedule in years?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

It has been reported that Les Miles was scheduled to fly up and meet with the powers that be at Michigan, but missed the plane due to clock management issues.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

from an Ohio State fan's perspective, i'd love this. first, i'd like to see UM get some of it's respect back (just not too much), and Lester would definitely improve them, but isn't likely to be competing for a national title without an SEC talent-base. second, seeing the Mad Hatter vs Senator Tressel in the Game every year would be truly intriguing. third, i might hate Michigan, but i don't want their coach crying like John Boehner every fourth interview. it's embarrassing to the conference.

the really interesting aspect to all of this is how far the Michigan job has fallen in prestige over the last 10-20 years, and Dave Brandon bears a lot of the blame for the recent ills. not supporting Rodriguez, then letting him twist in the wind, losing recruits along the way, that was bad. Harbaugh is a Michigan man and didn't even think twice about the job when it was clearly his to have. Northwestern man Pat Fitzgerald didn't either. and they now are stacked with the personnel to run Rodriguez's spread and will have to spend time converting back to a pro style attack if they hire someone like Harbaugh or Miles or most of the attractive options. converting to the spread then back to pro style offense may end up costing that program 6+ years (we're already three years in).

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I know a LOT of LSU fans who would nudge Leslie out the door if he wants to go.

MeatMan73
    MeatMan73's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am surprised to read this on this forum. I was in Ann Arbor last night and saw a football alum and he said the same thing....Les Miles gonna do it. I heard this once before 3 years ago, so not sure if this is true or not. But a (somewhat) credible source said the same thing last night. Word is, folks down yonder still fightin the civil war, and if the LSU Tigers dont win the national championship every year, then Les Miles title goes from "coach" to "yankee"
    I'd rather have Brady Hoke.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, so the RichRod thing just set Michigan football back three years, then. Wasn't Miles one of the favorites the last go-around?

xkgb
    IN THREAD
    xkgb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

Well, since Harbaugh turned out to be a bitch and not a real Michigan guy, Les is the next best candidate. Michigans AD talked in the recent interview that defense and Michigan ties will play a role in the next coaching hire. Well, since they did offer Harbaugh $5.2 million per, which would have made him on of the highest payed coaches in the college sports, i dont see why they wouldnt be able to pay Les MIles same. Adding to the fact Les has strong Michigan ties, along with his defense minded style of play, would seem to make best fit.

LES>>>MICHIGAN WELCOMES YOU HOME....COME TO PAPA

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Who would want that crap job at Michigan? Michigan is no longer a big time program. Miles would be foolish to leave what he has at LSU.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16281

french toast, bacon. coffee

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer300 View Post
    Who would want that crap job at Michigan? Michigan is no longer a big time program. Miles would be foolish to leave what he has at LSU.
    You would think right ?? hes meeting tues and rumors are he wants the job wtf???! LSU is loaded next year i guess is his dream job? I'll still believe it when i see it. ... Lester better think this shit through i'd like to see him try and coach up those soft ass rich rod recruits.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    F*uck Michigan. That program is in shambles and it'll be years until they can compete for a Rose Bowl with Wisconsin and Ohio State. Miles should just stay at LSU, he's a God down there.
    actually... while I think he should stay because his team coming back is LOADED and he'll need about 2-3 years to re-create that program ... Les Miles was NOT a god down on the bayou... the fans down there tolerated him as long as he won. Never accepted and taken in as part of the LSU family.

WolverineFan
    WolverineFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Michigan is still an elite program with great tradition..Just because the RRod experiment didnt work out and set the program back a few years does not in any way take away the fact that this still is a very good job for a great coach like Miles...Not to mention probably will pay him 5 MIL

WolverineFan
    WolverineFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

All these LSU fans talking about how he makes questionable decisions on the field fact is if he didnt have a great team on the field they wouldnt even b n position to make those calls...U cant deny the facts that he does nothing but win and u guys r stupid for wanting to run someone like that out of town

nasaki
    nasaki's Avatar Become A Pro!

awesome news for you LSU fans. next year they will be averaging 50+ points per game with Boise St's current coach Chris Pederson

Vol_Bengal

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
    Michigan is still an elite program with great tradition..Just because the RRod experiment didnt work out and set the program back a few years does not in any way take away the fact that this still is a very good job for a great coach like Miles...Not to mention probably will pay him 5 MIL
    at this point... money is irrelevant.

It would be easier for him to make national champ game in Big 10... is it easier to run table in Big 10 or SEC??? It isn't even close!!! SEC is a gauntlet week to week... that is why Urban is leaving.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by Vol_Bengal View Post
    at this point... money is irrelevant.

It would be easier for him to make national champ game in Big 10... is it easier to run table in Big 10 or SEC??? It isn't even close!!! SEC is a gauntlet week to week... that is why Urban is leaving.

This is an absolutely horrible point considering Urban has 2 National Championships with Florida.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by nasaki View Post
    awesome news for you LSU fans. next year they will be averaging 50+ points per game with Boise St's current coach Chris Pederson
    Next LSU coach will be Bo P.

Vol_Bengal

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    This is an absolutely horrible point considering Urban has 2 National Championships with Florida.
    I'm just relaying a comment that he made as to part of why he was leaving... and he was asked what did he wish he knew when he took the job that he knows now... his answer - just the day to day 365 day, 52 week pressure of the SEC... there is no down time, etc. not going to attempt to argue the point - just relaying Meyer's comments on a national interview.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Just saw on ESPN that Miles said he would accept the job if offered, sounds like it is a lock.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Bcs champions next year.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Bcs champions next year.

I can't believe he's taking this job.

He's going to have a huge rebuilding project. RR didn't recruit linemen or defensive players. Those guys don't just pop up overnight; even if Miles has a monster recruiting season, it's going to take a while to get Michigan back to the level it's accustomed to.

paco

NoCoin, michigan will play for a bcs game next year

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

LSU fans don't like Miles. Did none of you hear his comments after their fifth win this year? He said they were the most hated 5-0 team and maybe people would start liking him.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

With whose defense?

It's not just a matter of a new scheme, paco -- they will improve, but RR has set their recruiting back on that side of the ball something fierce.

dfberger23

Rich Rod raped Michigan of talent, it will take 3 or 4 years to fix this mess.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post

Rich Rod raped Michigan of talent, it will take 3 or 4 years to fix this mess.
    Let's see who laughs last .

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Paco, Michigan wasn't even close to competitive in their losses to MSU, Iowa, Mississippi State and Ohio State -- and it's not exactly like the first three were juggernauts.

You're telling me that Miles can take this same group and win 10 or 11 games? I'm not buying it. The gap is too wide to do it in a single year.

paco

NoCoin , Michigan will be but next year.
    Just Watch, already bet my boss they win 9 games next year for $400

sterling111
    sterling111's Avatar Become A Pro!

That would be the best thing that could happen to the LSU program...send that idiot back up North.

dfberger23

Rich Rod takes bad coaching to another level. You can't imagine the damage he did in three years. This will take time.

First 1234 Last