WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

How are they with payouts? If I end up winning and request a check for 1k will it come timely and be accepted no problems by my bank? And will there be any fees to get it?

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status

Dude, if you aren't betting MLB you're not taking advantage of the most profitable sport for the player there is.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

KGambler has a clue.........PAY ATTENTION

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    Because if juice does not matter for winning bets

5 betpoints for best answer

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

interesting info about the halftimes... i've never checked it out before for that market. i'll take a look during vt/stanford.

depositing is difficult as some have suggested...but i've never heard of a payout issue.

who is behind matchbook anyway? wasn't it wsex at one time? but i thought i heard they sold it???

Trucker George
    Trucker George's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys who are complaining about the ** and ** fees have one major flaw in your reasoning: Matchbook doesn't even use ** or **.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    Dude, if you aren't betting MLB you're not taking advantage of the most profitable sport for the player there is.
    Uhhh yea Im sure thats why theres 20 mil on both sides of a 1 cent line at matchbook on every game, bc its so easy to pick the right side. Yup you can just get rich on every game with basically no juice, just predict whether the 4.5 pitcher is going to give up 9 or 0 today

Easy Money!

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker George View Post
    You guys who are complaining about the ** and ** fees have one major flaw in your reasoning: Matchbook doesn't even use ** or **.
    Not directly no

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

no second half line on florida game

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Uhhh yea Im sure thats why theres 20 mil on both sides of a 1 cent line at matchbook on every game, bc its so easy to pick the right side. Yup you can just get rich on every game with basically no juice, just predict whether the 4.5 pitcher is going to give up 9 or 0 today

Easy Money!
    No need to turn into a bitch towards me if you can't beat MLB. Those of us that prefer taking payouts over making deposits have long since realized it's the best sport for making money.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Where do you guys get this shit? How am I betting thousands on NFL games, bowl games, MLB games? Do you guys constantly make rip off offers and wonder why you can't get filled? If Pinny has it -105/-105, then I will ask for -101 (offering up +101). It's easy to get filled there for many thousands on NFL, bowl games, even regular season MLB games. Are you guys just parroting someone else or do you actually play there and make real offers?

Two hundred dollars??? What a JOKE. If you want to pay the same juice you pay thegreek or bookmaker, you can bet 200K NO PROBLEM on any NFL game. LOL.

So you don't bet NFL, NBA, MLB... No one is asking you to close all of your other accounts. You can still make bets on other sites.

Parlays? Sharp players? Huh? The lack of parlays is a godsend to the typical clueless sports gambler. If you want to place your +EV teaser, derivative, prop and parlay bets, do it at a different book. Why can't you have multiple outs? MB is THE OUT for US gamblers wanting to make straight bets on certain major sports.

Isn't this basically what I said

I do bet NFL, NBA, and MLB I also bet tennis, euroleauge bball, soccer, NHL, international hockey, NCAABK, NCAAF, WNBA, etc.

Matchbook is a nice out to have but I would never consider it nor would I recommend it being ones only option.

F.Y.I. all the pre-game prices you listed at matchbook were not only worse than pinnacles offering but there were many better offers floating around. The -104 you see on the screen is not the true price you are paying if you accept an offer at MB, go ahead and add about .02 cents to each of those prices.

Like I said MB is a great out to have but I would not go to your extreme and give them a virtual blowjob on SBR.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post

I do bet NFL, NBA, and MLB I also bet tennis, euroleauge bball, soccer, NHL, international hockey, NCAABK, NCAAF, WNBA, etc.

Matchbook is a nice out to have but I would never consider it nor would I recommend it being ones only option.

F.Y.I. all the pre-game prices you listed at matchbook were not only worse than pinnacles offering but there were many better offers floating around. The -104 you see on the screen is not the true price you are paying if you accept an offer at MB, go ahead and add about .02 cents to each of those prices.

Like I said MB is a great out to have but I would not go to your extreme and give them a virtual blowjob on SBR.
    Anyone that plays there should...........

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    No need to turn into a bitch towards me if you can't beat MLB. Those of us that prefer taking payouts over making deposits have long since realized it's the best sport for making money.
    No need to wet your pants, Im sure the books are scared to death of your MLB action

Thats why they cut the juice in half and matchbook has 1 cent lines on every game, they want to make the "easiest" sport to beat even easier by reducing the juice to nothing, damn those books are generous

Fishhead

No need to wet your pants, Im sure the books are scared to death of your MLB action

Thats why they cut the juice in half and matchbook has 1 cent lines on every game, they want to make the "easiest" sport to beat even easier by reducing the juice to nothing, damn those books are generous
    For most TRADITIONAL shops, their hold percentage on baseball is very, very small.

In fact, many Vegas books dread the baseball season, with expenses, many lose money during baseball season.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

No, you said something about only being able to get down $200 on a game. Huh? You must be doing something really wrong. You know you have to log in to place bets, right?

Where do these $200 and $500 estimates come from? It is annoying to hear people throw out these totally absurd amounts.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Anyone that plays there should...........
    Maybe if guys always boasted on here about how great MB is it would help to alleviate the low liquidity issue they are plagued with.

It would also help if players were not so afraid to put up offers on early lines, other than the early afternoon -500 line that is currently -150 at pinnacle.

What really kills MB is the rapists who are lurking around during the hours when liquidity is low looking to rob people with super over inflated lines. Hell just watch all of the offers that pop up in live betting after a game has already gone over, nothing but a bunch of thieves putting up no win offers on the under.

Fishhead

Maybe if guys always boasted on here about how great MB is it would help to alleviate the low liquidity issue they are plagued with.

It would also help if players were not so afraid to put up offers on early lines, other than the early afternoon -500 line that is currently -150 at pinnacle.

What really kills MB is the rapists who are lurking around during the hours when liquidity is low looking to rob people with super over inflated lines. Hell just watch all of the offers that pop up in live betting after a game has already gone over, nothing but a bunch of thieves putting up no win offers on the under.

sharpcat

No, you said something about only being able to get down $200 on a game. Huh? You must be doing something really wrong. You know you have to log in to place bets, right?

Where do these $200 and $500 estimates come from? It is annoying to hear people throw out these totally absurd amounts.
    Cut back on the well water my friend........

Are you honestly implying to me that I could get down $500 on any NBA game I choose at 1 p.m. on a tuesday afternoon????

And I do not mean putting up an offer that sits pending for 2 hours that will never get met if the line moves in your favor.

It is annoying to hear people claim that they can get any offer they want matched anytime they want

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

they are almost worthless to me. haven't been funded in over a year.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    For most TRADITIONAL shops, their hold percentage on baseball is very, very small.

In fact, many Vegas books dread the baseball season, with expenses, many lose money during baseball season.
    Fish thats what I've been sayin, nobody fukin bets MLB and the juice is cut to nothing. I realize its not a profitable time for the books, its fuckin dead season June-August when MLB is the only sport. Im surprised books even stay open and make enough to pay their employees during that period. Especially books like Bookmaker that insist on full juice during MLB season must be like a ******* graveyard.

KGambler

Not true. No wonder you can only get $200 down per game. You don't know how to use the site.

I was looking at it live. Pinny was at -111. The MB lines were much better. You do not add 2 cents. You pay $10 per $1,000 of whichever is LESS - the risk amount or the to win amount. How is that 2 cents? And how would that push an offer of -103 or even -106 past -111???

Why is there so much misinformation concerning MB on this forum???

Right now, if you wanted to bet Stanford -2.5 or over 28.5 you can accept $46K or $63K worth of offers on each respectively, for much less juice than Pinny is charging. It would be easy to get down huge if you wanted.

Edit: talking about 2nd half bets obviously

KGambler

Are you honestly implying to me that I could get down $500 on any NBA game I choose at 1 p.m. on a tuesday afternoon????
    No, for that the site is garbage. You may as well always check to see if an offer is available because once in a blue moon it is. But if you want to get down at 1 PM on an NBA night game, got to bet somewhere else almost always.

KGambler

Virginia Tech 2.5 2H
    -105$23,463

-106$4,988

-107$4,280

23 Stanford -2.5 2H
    +104$78,038

<>

Over 28.5 2H
    +106$42,667

+105$2,116

+104$31,922

23 Under 28.5 2H
    -107$3,180

-112$224

KGambler

Tough to get down for more than $200K, real shame. I'm gonna go log into 5Dimes so I can bet a max of $500 on a nickel line.

Fishhead

Tough to get down for more than $200K, real shame. I'm gonna go log into 5Dimes so I can bet a max of $500 on a nickel line.

KGambler

Virginia Tech 2.5 2H
    -105$42,516

-106$29,652

-107$4,280

23 Stanford -2.5 2H
    +104$47,531

JUST TERRIBLE, I CAN ONLY BET $47K, on either side.

sharpcat

Not true. No wonder you can only get $200 down per game. You don't know how to use the site.

I was looking at it live. Pinny was at -111. The MB lines were much better. You do not add 2 cents. You pay $10 per $1,000 of whichever is LESS - the risk amount or the to win amount. How is that 2 cents? And how would that push an offer of -103 or even -106 past -111???

Why is there so much misinformation concerning MB on this forum???

Right now, if you wanted to bet Stanford -2.5 or over 28.5 you can accept $46K or $63K worth of offers on each respectively, for much less juice than Pinny is charging. It would be easy to get down huge if you wanted.

Edit: talking about 2nd half bets obviously
    Please Stop you make your self look more and more like an amateur with each post you make.

-103 after commission is equivalent to -105.051
    -104 after commission is equivalent to -106.061
    -105 after commission is equivalent to -107.071
    -220 after commission is equivalent to -223.232

As far as liquidity you are citing a bowl game on a monday night with no other football games on as an example of MB's liquidity
    Last edited by sharpcat; 01-03-11 at 09:34 PM.

Fishhead

Just last year alone, can you imagine the amount of money the posters that do not have a MATCHBOOK account could have saved AND/OR won if they indeed did have an account at the great Matchbook???

The figure would be SCARY

bettilimbroke999

Cant even get a 100 dimes on the 2nd half, how am I gonna play these Brandon Lang picks I paid for

Fishhead

Cant even get a 100 dimes on the 2nd half, how am I gonna play these Brandon Lang picks I paid for

You could have got down for a MINIMUM 200,000

sharpcat

What are you talking about??????

Pinnacle is taking 14k side and totals and 7k ML bets on the 2nd half of tonights game.............

Why would you even mention a recreational book like 5dimes I though you were comparing to pinnacle????

KGambler

Please Stop you make your self look more and more like an amateur with each post you make.

-103 after commission is equivalent to -105.051
    OK, my bad. It's risk $1040 to win $990 there. $10 commission for the person accepting a $1k bet there. And $2 given to the person who had offered it (yes, you get paid when your offers are accepted).

So you were still lying. -105.051 is much better than -111

Look at the half time line... Pinny had +2.5 -110, -2.5 +100

Matchbook had offers of +2.5 -105 and -2.5 +104, for $40K each... You can easily get more filled if you want. So these were the real lines:

-2.5 -107.071
    +2.5 +101.98

How is that worse than -110 or +100???

KGambler

What are you talking about??????

Pinnacle is taking 14k side and totals and 7k ML bets on the 2nd half of tonights game.............

Why would you even mention a recreational book like 5dimes I though you were comparing to pinnacle????
    So I can bet $14K at +100 on Pinnacle or $47K at +102 on MB? And that helps your argument how?

KGambler

As far as liquidity you are citing a bowl game on a monday night with no other football games on as an example of MB's liquidity
    I don't know why, but half time liquidity in general is good on Matchbook. I get down 1-2K half time bets no problem on regular season NBA games. I could bet more if I wanted. Liquidity is very good for half times. As you pointed out, it sucks for the full game line unless you wait until close to game time.

KGambler

You have made a terrible argument FOR matchbook but a great argument AGAINST matchbook. You managed to remind me of a huge problem I forgot bc I havent dealt with them in so long, this book is run terribly, their customer service is ******* horrible.
    I can accept this kind of argument. If you are leery of the management or their long term future, then you are entitled to your opinion. Just don't claim it's impossible to place decent sized wagers there.

Now I will address your other arguments in order, #1 You argue for these electronic checks which are a huge ******* hassle and max is 900 and you have to wait a ******* week for it to show up. Dude does that not show you why they have no liquidity? I mean then you say they have no liquidity for NCAAB but they have liquidity for bowl games (but bowls only have 1 week left so why would I deposit if its not going to show up til after the bowls are over? So I can load up for no liquidity NCAAB?) Plus who in the world wants to wait a week to bet, when most bettors including myself (non-pros) want to bet they want to bet NOW, they dont plan a week+ ahead, hell most lines dont come out til a day or so in advance.
    Yes, there is no way to deposit and bet the same day, unless you are doing a book to book xfer. But you just gotta plan ahead a little. Just send some money there before football starts. The electronic check is no hassle at all. You just give them the information that is on the front of every single personal check you have ever written... your bank account number, the bank routing number and the check number. Then their processor prints out a check and cashes it. You don't have to do much at all. It is SO much easier than a ** or **. The only problem is the wait. Just gotta be patient...

Also no normal bettors bet on MLB, MLB season is like the end of the world for normal gamblers and wouldnt improve the liquidity now anyway, also you really have to be a extreme degenerate gambler to bet on MLB but if you are then you're in luck bc Matchbook somehow always has incredibly great liquidity on MLB, its like the Twilight Zone at Matchbook, their liquidity suddenly triples during the MLB season, just when no one wants to bet, why this happens? I have no ******* idea. Maybe Pete Rose has an account at Matchbook.
    Haha, it is bizarre that they have so much liquidity for MLB. The MLB liquidity is nothing short of amazing. I like the Pete Rose theory. Maybe that degen doesn't care which side he gets, so he just throws up $25K offers on each side.

First 123 Last