166. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

140 84.34%
  • no

26 15.66%
    montyh
    montyh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Yes it should be, its like the catholic church trying to keep people from using condoms. Pointless dont you think?

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Here's a thought: How much worse for you would store-bought marijuana become after companies lace it with chemicals that make it more addicting and more effective like they do with tobacco? I know that when I went from marlboro's to self-rolled smokes I feel a lot better. Would it be a similar situation?

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3751

Regardless of whether Pot is addictive or not... I want someone that believes in Freedom to give me 1 good reason why it shouldn't be legalized.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Regardless of whether Pot is addictive or not... I want someone that believes in Freedom to give me 1 good reason why it shouldn't be legalized.
    Because our lawmakers should be focusing on our ****** up economy and health care system and education system and imperialist military and ....

Do those count?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Can you imagine pot being legal? You go to work in the morning and Bob comes in stoned to start the new project. Oh man this will be fun!!!

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

probably better than most of the workforce coming in on pyschedelic antidepressants

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    Because our lawmakers should be focusing on our ****** up economy and health care system and education system and imperialist military and ....

Do those count?
    A 2008 study by Harvard economist Jeffrey A. Miron has estimated that legalizing drugs would inject $76.8 billion a year into the U.S. economy.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by jgilmartin View Post
    A 2008 study by Harvard economist Jeffrey A. Miron has estimated that legalizing drugs would inject $76.8 billion a year into the U.S. economy.
    I'm not a Harvard economist but if they legalize sales of anti-aircraft missiles, tanks, howitzers, rocket propelled grenades and armor piercing bullets in the US for civilians the US economy would get a $100 billion or more boost a year.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Can you imagine pot being legal? You go to work in the morning and Bob comes in stoned to start the new project. Oh man this will be fun!!!
    what if he came in drunk?
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 01-05-11 at 12:53 PM.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

I'm not a Harvard economist but if they legalize sales of anti-aircraft missiles, tanks, howitzers, rocket propelled grenades and armor piercing bullets in the US for civilians the US economy would get a $100 billion or more boost a year.
    Clearly. Your arguments here are complete and total shit and full of logical fallacies. The above is a simple bad analogy. You're claiming that two situations (the legalization of marijuana and the legalization of the sale of military weaponry) are highly similar, when they aren't, at all.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

The difference between your comparison and the topic at hand is that people are already consuming drugs on a pretty massive scale. People are not purchasing military-grade weapons.

Legalizing all substances would shift the flow of money from the underground black market into both government coffers and businesses.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    what is he came in drunk?
    Exactly (assuming you made a typo, where "is" was intended to be "if"). There is legally nothing stopping people from living in a constant state of drunkenness. Very few people actually choose to live like this, however, because they are aware of the financial, social, and physical consequences of doing so. I believe this would remain true with other drugs as well, if legalized.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by jgilmartin View Post
    Exactly (assuming you made a typo, where "is" was intended to be "if"). There is legally nothing stopping people from living in a constant state of drunkenness. Very few people actually choose to live like this, however, because they are aware of the financial, social, and physical consequences of doing so. I believe this would remain true with other drugs as well, if legalized.
    yes it was a typo and I corrected it. Thanks. I agree with you 100%.

The fact is: BOB would have come in stoned regardless if pot was legal or illegal. All I am saying is why does Bob have to sneak around to get pot but just simply walks into a store to buy a six pack?

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli66 View Post
    I don't really smoke pot, but I see no problem with legalizing it.
    Same here, I don't smoke it at all now that I'm in my early thirties but when I was in High School and College I know what the younger audience in here are talking about.

I'm not saying I'm against making it legal in North America (because I do live in Canada) but once they make marijuana legal it will be to easy to get and people will something thats illegal and is "bad" that pisses off the cops.

Hwood
    Hwood's Avatar Become A Pro!

if everyone smoked marijuana the world would be a better place

bruceBRUCEbruce

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I'm not saying I'm against making it legal in North America (because I do live in Canada) but once they make marijuana legal it will be to easy to get
    you make an assumption that it's hard to get grass now-which it isn't, and never has been.

next!

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Only idiots want to keep this stupid herb criminilized.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    The difference between your comparison and the topic at hand is that people are already consuming drugs on a pretty massive scale. People are not purchasing military-grade weapons.

Legalizing all substances would shift the flow of money from the underground black market into both government coffers and businesses.
    But why shouldn't people be allowed to own military grade weapons if they are law abiding citizens and do not intend to cause harm to others?

bruceBRUCEbruce

But why shouldn't people be allowed to own military grade weapons if they are law abiding citizens and do not intend to cause harm to others?
    Now you're just coasting well off topic, in a lame attempt to draw a fallacious parallel along with a spurious similarity.

I'd be more than willing to give you some lessons as to how to argue properly and how to avoid using logical fallacies in your arguments.

If you continue to be obtusely ignorant in this thread, I will berate you further.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I have felt nauseous most of the day today. Some Cannabis would be good medicine about now!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    Now you're just coasting well off topic, in a lame attempt to draw a fallacious parallel along with a spurious similarity.

I'd be more than willing to give you some lessons as to how to argue properly and how to avoid using logical fallacies in your arguments.

If you continue to be obtusely ignorant in this thread, I will berate you further.
    Answer the question please. Smoking pot is a preference same as owing military-grade weapons. Why one should be legalized in favor of the other? Because both are illegal now but people smoke pot and own military grade weapons regardless of the laws.

bruceBRUCEbruce

Answer the question please. Smoking pot is a preference same as owing military-grade weapons. Why one should be legalized in favor of the other? Because both are illegal now but people smoke pot and own military grade weapons regardless of the laws.
    Your premise is beyond merely flawed and I'm not even sure what "why should one be legalized in favor of the other" even means.

Are you sure you're not puffing? Seems like there's a deficiency somewhere...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The point is some people today want pot to be legalized. Tomorrow some other group will want cocaine to be legalized. Then some other group will want men to have sex with other men naked in public places. There will always be a group that would like something that is illegal now to be legalized for their own reasons whether they are right or wrong.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

The point is some people today want pot to be legalized. Tomorrow some other group will want cocaine to be legalized. Then some other group will want men to have sex with other men naked in public places. There will always be a group that would like something that is illegal now to be legalized for their own reasons whether they are right or wrong.
    how did prohibition work out? thats right it didnt

your argument is beyond lame, weapons have only one use, to HURT OTHERS

consumption of a narcotic only fuks up YOURSELF

do you get it you fukin tard

DwightShrute

personally, I don't do drugs but maybe one day I will want to. Why should anyone care who smokes or drinks or eats what?

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post

Cannabis is not a narcotic.

montyh
    montyh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

just get high who cares

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post

Weapons are not intended to hurt others. Weapons actually save lives because if you come to my farm/house/property and you see a tank parked outside with a 50mm Browning machine gun and a 100mm cannon aiming at you you will turn around and run to save your life.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 01-05-11 at 07:04 PM.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4979

Anyone know a good place to get a legit vaporizer, like the Volcano, but at a cheap price? I want something high quality that works well to make the most outta the weed I get. I figure I smoke enough of it, I mind as well get more THC rather than using a lil water pipe.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Weapons are not intended to hurt others. Weapons actually save lives because if you come to my farm/house/property and you see a tank park outside with a 50mm Browning machine gun and a 100mm cannon aiming at you you will turn around and run to save your life.
    Right. A weapon is not intended to hurt others? What is its' intended usage then? To make a peanut butter and jelly sandwitch?

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    Because our lawmakers should be focusing on our ****** up economy and health care system and education system and imperialist military and .... Do those count?
    Legalizing Marijuana would be incredibly helpful for the economy. If the economy was better the other problems with this country could be fixed more easily.

BigLouie66
    BigLouie66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 509

legalize and tax it, everyone wins...except the dealers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by BigLouie66 View Post
    You are correct sir!!!

2Bdown
    2Bdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Quote Originally Posted by BigLouie66 View Post
    wait a minute, it must still be dealt if its legalized. instead of many independent dealers, you now have a few corporate dealers.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bdown View Post
    wait a minute, it must still be dealt if its legalized. instead of many independent dealers, you now have a few corporate dealers.
    Not necessarily. When pot is legalized the government will put it in the middle of town squares like a water fountain and people will drop by and grab as much as they need and go home.

First ... 3456789 ... Last