Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by 815Sox View Post
    God no, they are one of the worst in the League. I am a Bears fan and it has been obvious to everyone they were going to be bad. The coaching staff laughs it off and acts like everyone else is an idiot when this is brought up.

The organization right now makes it very difficult to be a Bears fan.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

Squeaking by the Lions at home? I don't think so

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I still have to dive into some numbers, but I think the Bears will present some great fade opportunities.

Looking at their schedule thus far:
    week 1: gift win -- Calvin
    week 2: ok, i'll give credit for a road win in DAL
    week 3: gift win -- penalties / TO's by GB

I view it similar to the Broncos last year -- They had an excellent record based on their opponents until reality set in when they had to play quality teams.

I think the G-men should be able to handle them in NY this week.

Actually, looking further at their schedule, it's kinda cake. They could conceivably head to Miami in November at 8-1, 7-2... so maybe I won't fade them for a bit

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Bears and Packers both gonna be playoff teams with 10+ wins. Same for Saints and Falcons IMO. Cowgirls and Eagles battle for one spot from East with 9 wins, 10 tops. Seahawks or Cards back in with 8 or 9 wins in a pathetic division. That's your NFC in a nutshell. No clear-cut favorite and probably no team with more than 11 or 12 wins, tops.

I didn't even mention the Viqueens. 8 wins, tops.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Bears needed a late fumble and 15 + penalties to squeak out a win against the Packers. Not even a top 5 team IMO.
    Points Awarded:

bobbyfk gave BatemanPatrickl 100 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14900

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-28-15 at 12:45 PM. Reason: image does not exist

jquest
    jquest's Avatar Become A Pro!

The colts would crush the bears. Remember when the broncos started off 6-0 last season? Yeah, just like that.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

HAHA! Awesome. That eases my pain this morning.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-28-15 at 12:45 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Euphoria38
    Euphoria38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Packers beat themselves on penalties not exactly... a good majority of those penalties were false starts and holds because of #90 and then tack on more because of a blow to the head and a PI call by a rookie corner back.... What about a blocked field goal by #90 against a kicker who has missed only 1 kick inside the 30 last year?

I mean common what game were you watching? This game was decided by special teams (Hester Return TD) and the Bears defense.

Its embarassing for GB that they had 18 penalties in a game... that isnt an excuse thats embarassing... the most in a game since 1946... Lombardi probibly rolled over in his grave last night. On national television too.

GatorsBCSchamps
    GatorsBCSchamps's Avatar Become A Pro!

your an idiot. How is week 3 a gift? Bears capitalize on penalties and turnovers. Not there problem.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fish U wanna crown there asses then Crown Em!!!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I love how people assume penalties are either the refs fault or just a gift from the penalized team. How about considering that a ton of those penalties were FORCED by the Bears, notably Julius Peppers beating his man like a drum and then getting mugged to avoid his murdering Rodgers. If they don't commit those penalties you have sacks or fumbles instead. Likewise on a number of interference calls. Certainly there were a few boneheaded penalties (by both teams) as well, but most of them were what I would call forced penalties from getting beaten on the field.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1682

go bears.

go bears

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears on a roll!

nitty48
    nitty48's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 713

Haaaah

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Bears are 3-0, you can't take that away from them. But I've still got them maybe in the #5-#10 range. Steelers look unbeatable right now, Saints are still the champs until the next one is crowned, Packers-Colts-Pats-Chargers-Cowboys-Vikings-Jets-Ravens-etc are still teams that nobody wants to see on their schedule. I definitely don't think the Bears should be getting points at home from ANYBODY.

Bears getting 4 going to the Giants next week looks promising. Are the Giants better than the Bears right now? Absolutely not.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF
    Baxter Man13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post
    Bears on a roll!
    You owe me pal, stop being a stiff

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Looks like Jay Cutler's career has some life after all. When I read this thread title I loled so hard, but these guys could be a playoff team. I love that we get to do the Dennis Green references all over again! Especially if they continue getting "lucky" like they did against the Packers (who try as hard as they can to beat themselves on a weekly basis).

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Bears are playing winning football but that may come to an end here vs. the giants. Oddsmakers certainly think so.

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Bears are benefitting from an unexpectedly weaker division. We are good but not great. Wildcard team most likely. Lovie Smith and Angelo need to be fired to take this team any farther.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Sharp post Fishhead.

Ashleyfrench07
    Ashleyfrench07's Avatar Become A Pro!

4th best? They are 4th best in their division... GB, Minn, Det, Then Chicago........

GB is way better than Chi just refs killed them.
    Det did beat Chi but the TD was called back and Det played without Stafford for the 2nd half
    Minn...well idk whos 2nd maybe its Det because Minn looks bad. Det with Stafford is 2nd

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyfrench07 View Post
    4th best? They are 4th best in their division... GB, Minn, Det, Then Chicago........

Det did beat Chi but the TD was called back and Det played without Stafford for the 2nd half
    Minn...well idk whos 2nd maybe its Det because Minn looks bad. Det with Stafford is 2nd
    Haha

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyfrench07 View Post

Whoa lets not get crazy here

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19492

Best record in the NFL, of course.

They're beatable.

I think New Orleans is the team to beat. Best team.
    Perhaps Atlanta #2, or Chicago.

I don't like Green Bay without Ryan Grant, they need a better running back.
    If they can get a better running back, then I'll make an argument for them to be in the top 3.

If Philly shows a little consistency in the next 2 weeks, then I would like to say that they're in the discussion of contending for the NFC.

Also, ask yourself this, if you had a favorite team in the NFC, who would you rather play to get an easier win, Chicago or New Orleans?

capone8585
    TEAMCASH
    capone8585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 545

bears will win sunday..same thing as last monday. people thought green bay would roll us over....yep. that went far...

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

?? What ??

The Bears haven't been the best in the NFL since '85

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think the Bears are any good, but I think they'll make it to 4-0 after this week.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

is this some kind of joke i dont get it

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

The Bears can easily win 12 games this season. If Urlacher, Briggs, and Peppers stay healthy the Bears will have one of the best defenses in the league. Cutler needs to make better decisions and quit forcing passes and this team will do fine. Put your money on them now to make the Super Bowl. They are sitting around 18-1 to win the Super Bowl.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I don't think Lovie Smith deserves as much hate as he seems to be getting. Lovie did get the Bears to the Super Bowl as well as a 55-44 record during his tenure. Lovie can't help that his best players keep getting lost for the season with injuries, not to mention being hampered by inconsistent QB play over the years. If Cutler can continue to become the strong QB that I think he can be, this team can go far.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

I like the Bears.

I doubt they will make the playoffs however.

Their D does look good so far and if they aren't the hardest hitting team in the League so far, they are surely near the top.

Green Bay and Minnesota are better and while they haven't gotten off the kind of start Chicago has, it's a long season and those 2 will surely end up with better records than Chicago by late December.

LV420
    LV420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still?????????

DirtyCurtDCN8
    DirtyCurtDCN8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears are not a very good team... Cutler isn't a very good QB. Probably the most over rated I can remember actually. Lucky win VS Detroit and their backup QB in a game that shouldn't have been that close. then the Packers game was an absolute Christmas gift. Cutler threw like 5 INTs that ended up negated cause of penalties. Pack just continuously killed themselves. There IS a difference between winning the game and the other team losing the game for you.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

haha, what is going on here.

First 123456 Last