in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

yep, Bears are the best.................................... .just miss Chicago really

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Absolutely NOT! A pathetic Giants team will beat them Sunday.

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

The '85 Bears will and always will be the best team in NFL history.

/thread.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

never were the best, this years Bears will be last years Broncos. I highly doubt they will even make the playoffs and if they do, one and done. Culter will go back to captain pick. Packers should have picked him 2 more times but they were so suprised the ball was thrown right to them they couldn't hold on. Can't be a contender when you are counting on Hester to return punts to save a pathetic offense like against the Packers.

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fishy,

Your going to look like Zoltar by the end of the Year!

Bear Down Chicago Bears.

DVEGAS
    DVEGAS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im a bears fan and have been since birth. To say they are the best team in the nfl is a stretch. However, I would not be shocked seeing them in the nfc title game or even the super bowl....and I wouldnt be shocked to see them losing the rest of the way out. D is stellar....o is good...but not good enough. Who knows in this crazy league...loving the 7 n 3 record right now tho

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Still have yet to bet a decent team on the road. In fact, lets see them win a division road game. They sit 3-0 in the division at home - I see them finishing 3-3.

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

The Cowboys are the best team in the nfl their record just dont show it......HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Still have yet to bet a decent team on the road. In fact, lets see them win a division road game. They sit 3-0 in the division at home - I see them finishing 3-3.
    Sure they'll lose to Detroit? What are you smoking?

Hat McCulloch
    rippin and shreddin
    Hat McCulloch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by astrodomer View Post
    The Cowboys are the best team in the nfl their record just dont show it......HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!
    don't forget about dem vikings

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by nj6 View Post
    The '85 Bears will and always will be the best team in NFL history.

/thread.
    You can put the BONG DOWN NOW!!

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to love any team that has their Defensive Coordinator showing them a Shark eating a Dolphin before the Game!

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

When have the Bears been the best team in the league?

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

This NFL season has had the most parity ever. No telling who will win the Super Bowl.

bandit bettor
    bandit bettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

birds battle for 9 wins lol... there offense is the best in the nfl hands down... bears have a great defense but vick and da birds run the show now.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Bears are very healthy versus much of the rest of the NFL battling key injuries. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    You can put the BONG DOWN NOW!!
    Only an ignorant packers fan would think otherwise.

castle
    castle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

lol @ this thread

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

If the Bears can get an elite quarterback, then they can be a playoff team. Cutler is not an elite QB, he is average like Hasselback, Flacco and Mcnabb.
    Their defense is good since they draft mostly defensive players each season.

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8042

Cutler isn't elite, but he is definitely enough. Will depend on who gets hot down the stretch, but Bears will be in that conversation.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    no.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    If the Bears can get an elite quarterback, then they can be a playoff team. Cutler is not an elite QB, he is average like Hasselback, Flacco and Mcnabb.
    Their defense is good since they draft mostly defensive players each season.
    Yeah, well if the Colts or Pats are ready to hand them Manning or Brady then great, otherwise that is not their need. Bears don't need a QB, they need a couple better lineman to protect the QB. A big target at WR might not hurt either.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Paul View Post
    This NFL season has had the most parity ever. No telling who will win the Super Bowl.
    wont be the bears in the SB.. thats for damn sure

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive_Edge View Post
    wont be the bears in the SB.. thats for damn sure
    It's a longshot for sure, but certainly not completely unthinkable. I don't think it's a far cry to say they have the best defense in the NFC. And their formula and team is really not tremendously different from the '05-06 Super Bowl team. People had the same opinions on Rex Grossman as they do Cutler, but he got em there. And Cutler is way better too, in reality.

I'm not saying this team is necessarily as good, but they seem to be getting better and have a similar formula.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

thigpen is a piece of shit QB who made the bears defense seem more amazing than it really is

duwork
    you + duwork's nfl thread = free money
    duwork's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dinaro7 View Post
    not since 1985
    I had promised to myself I was going to write this when I saw the thread title. You beat me to it. Well-played, sir.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    thigpen is a piece of shit QB who made the bears defense seem more amazing than it really is
    Thigpen isn't that terrible. He was pressed into action from 3rd string (limited reps with first team) on a short week against maybe the best defense in the NFL. The Bears are really peaking right now on defense with the focus on being healthy for the first time since their recent Super Bowl run. So, I completely disagree with your statement. Thigpen is much better than he looked on Thursday because he ran into an absolute buzz saw of a situation that would have made most QBs wilt. Inevitably Thigpen will get more starts in the NFL, at some point, and you'll realize why you are wrong.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It's a longshot for sure, but certainly not completely unthinkable. I don't think it's a far cry to say they have the best defense in the NFC. And their formula and team is really not tremendously different from the '05-06 Super Bowl team. People had the same opinions on Rex Grossman as they do Cutler, but he got em there. And Cutler is way better too, in reality.

I'm not saying this team is necessarily as good, but they seem to be getting better and have a similar formula.
    I totally agree. This Bears team reminds me so much of that Super Bowl team. Amazing what happens when key players like Uhrlacher, Tillman, etc stay healthy. Also, the addition of Peppers has been HUGE. This Bears D might even be better than 2005.

colts
    colts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Thigpen isn't that terrible. He was pressed into action from 3rd string (limited reps with first team) on a short week against maybe the best defense in the NFL. The Bears are really peaking right now on defense with the focus on being healthy for the first time since their recent Super Bowl run. So, I completely disagree with your statement. Thigpen is much better than he looked on Thursday because he ran into an absolute buzz saw of a situation that would have made most QBs wilt. Inevitably Thigpen will get more starts in the NFL, at some point, and you'll realize why you are wrong.
    I have to agree. Thigpen is definitely not a piece of shit. He played like a piece of shit. He mostly looked like a spaz who hadn't played much in the NFL. Yes, Chicago's D had a lot to do with it. In time, with more game time experience, he could develop into a genuine NFL QB. It remains to be seen. There were a couple glimpses of talent he displayed in that game, not enough to determine his full potential.

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

No way

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

No where even close

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

If you are referring to the current team, they are not, and never have been.

fish237859
    fish237859's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

Steelers all the way baby

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by TheCommish View Post
    If you are referring to the current team, they are not, and never have been.
    Their defense is. They are top 5 in almost every category and #1 in key categories like pts allowed & takeaways.

Their special teams are. Devin Hester is back on form, leading the league. The coverage units are solid as well.

The only question for Chicago is their offense. But if you've watched the games, there has been steady improvement.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

if they had a qb they could be closer to being the best

First 123456 Last