Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

The Bears are who we thought they were

Chris7mccabe
    Chris7mccabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 398

Nice thread Fish, a lot of people thought you were crazy saying that and record wise you've made an overall solid and somewhat shocking prediction. A strong defense and a quarterback who could really flourish with a better o-line and some time to set and throw in the pocket instead of being forced to sling off his back foot on the drop like a Farve. I also like seeing him run the ball himself more because it adds a new dimension to the offense and it puts another thought in the mind of opposing defensive coordinators when game planning. That being said they're clearly not the best team in the NFL, but a strong case could be made to say they're a top 3 NFC team and a top 5 in the entire league. Again, nice thread starter Fish!
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave Chris7mccabe 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

The Bears should make the playoffs and you can never discount a great defense in the playoffs. Lots of different players of course, but this Bears team is not all that different from the '05-06 SB team.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by Chris7mccabe View Post
    Nice thread Fish, a lot of people thought you were crazy saying that and record wise you've made an overall solid and somewhat shocking prediction. A strong defense and a quarterback who could really flourish with a better o-line and some time to set and throw in the pocket instead of being forced to sling off his back foot on the drop like a Farve. I also like seeing him run the ball himself more because it adds a new dimension to the offense and it puts another thought in the mind of opposing defensive coordinators when game planning. That being said they're clearly not the best team in the NFL, but a strong case could be made to say they're a top 3 NFC team and a top 5 in the entire league. Again, nice thread starter Fish!

Thanks Chris.........

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Great call especially early on this season.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's amazing to watch this Bears offense improve week after week. At this point, they are the most complete team in the NFC.

The biggest thing to watch at this point is how they stay healthy, they are doing great so far. The major problems the Bears have had over the years is losing key players on defense, not happening so far this year. Also, if they can get home games in Chicago for the playoffs, I don't really see anyone beating them.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    It's amazing to watch this Bears offense improve week after week. At this point, they are the most complete team in the NFC.

The biggest thing to watch at this point is how they stay healthy, they are doing great so far. The major problems the Bears have had over the years is losing key players on defense, not happening so far this year. Also, if they can get home games in Chicago for the playoffs, I don't really see anyone beating them.

Wow, dude. Hold the phone. ERRRRRR ... this is the Bears we are talking about. I know the league is shi__y but this is still the Lovie Smith Bears.

I hope Cutler continues this, but to me no team is reliable.

It's all just guessing. Their D is legit though, I've said that for weeks.

How are they -3 openers at Detroit with that pass rush? Their D is much better than New England's.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

as long as cutler is their qb bears will not win a sb. they probably won't even win a playoff series this year despite their 2nd best record in the nfc currently

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    as long as cutler is their qb bears will not win a sb. they probably won't even win a playoff series this year despite their 2nd best record in the nfc currently
    Could have said the same thing (and many did) about Rex Grossman, who took the Bears to a Super Bowl. Cutler is much more dangerous and talented than Grossman ever was.

Chris7mccabe

Great point bets I completely agree with you there 100%. I mean Trent Dilfer won a SB, let alone getting there. IDK how anyone could say Jay Cutler will never win one since hes young and you need to let both seasons and careers play themselves out. People can disagree with me on this one but I really like his attitude and I feel like the dude is a complete gamer, just my opinion though. Also, what do you mean when you say they'll never win a playoff series?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

This NFL season is just so wide open that any team that makes the playoffs can win, although getting a bye and home field is large. But if you ask me, I like teams in the playoffs that play defense, tackle and fly to the ball, plus excel at special teams. Bears wild card is the offense, which can look unstoppable at times and clueless at others, but has improved vastly in the last month as the OLine has gotten healthier and more experience together and in Martz's offense.

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Defense wins Championships means they've got a pretty good shot.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I say NE and Atl are #1 and #2 in the NFL.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    I say NE and Atl are #1 and #2 in the NFL.
    I say you're watching too much ESPN.

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Super Bowl winners are often teams who ride a crest of momentum from the middle/late part of the season through the playoffs (e.g., Giants when they beat the 19-0 Patriots). You don't have to be the best team top to bottom to win a Super Bowl. The Bears have enough talent to win one this season, and so do another 8 or 9 teams if they get hot at the right time.

It remains to be seen if the Bears will continue to improve for the next few weeks. If they do, they'll have as good a shot as anybody with the natural defensive talent on their team.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I can't see anyone beating the Bears on Soldier field in the Playoffs, except the Giants. They look Superbowl bound if they can't clinch it all.

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very dangerous team. Undervalued because of that offensive fail against the Giants. Very hard to think of anybody who can beat them in Soldier Field provided they stay healthy.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Dangerous team. But I don't see them going to the SB. Usually for a team to make it that far, their QB has to play 3 games without making any bad mistakes. I can't see Cutler doing that.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

I doubt the Bears will even make the playoffs. Yes, it was a good performance Sunday but I am not convinced they are even the best team in their division

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

Quote Originally Posted by KingJIM View Post
    Defense wins Championships means they've got a pretty good shot.

most over-used expression in all of sports IMO

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

It all on the offense because our defense is for real.

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20745

bears will have to make the playoffs first.
    to do that they will have to beat gb and win the division. not going to be easy as i have gb as the best team in the nfc, and getting better.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Frauds

Teams are a combined 34 games under .500 in their wins

in their losses, the teams are a combined 8 games over .500

BigWilly
    BigWilly's Avatar Become A Pro!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

first he starts this thread, then he claims the Bears have virtually no shot to beat Minnesota.

I think he just does this for the attention.

MELZHANDICAPPING
    MELZHANDICAPPING's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way. They got pasted at home by the Pats. There most impressive win was probably at home against philly (and philly was in a prototypical let down situation). There a decent team with a really good front 7 defensively, but there far from the best team in football. Issues on the oline and at QB. I'm not a Cutler guy, hes a turnover machine. There's 3 teams in the NFC that are clearly better in my opinion.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    I say you're watching too much ESPN.
    I say I'm still right.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

No team is head & shoulders better than any other this year. Some look the part for mini stretches and get fawned over. The top rated teams in the league all have a number of weaknesses. Like always, it will come down to defense and coaching.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

absolutely not. I think the Falcons, Steelers, and Pats are better.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

no.

Buckeye5234
    Buckeye5234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

the bears beat up on a depleted vikings team this game meant absolutely nothing, the Pats are still the team to beat bears are no where close to their level on offense

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Frauds

Teams are a combined 34 games under .500 in their wins

in their losses, the teams are a combined 8 games over .500
    True but they have Six more wins than Losses and first team to clinch division.

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Da bears

Chris7mccabe

Still a good team and getting into the Playoffs is all that matters

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

They are a good team... No way the best team... They have two difficult games left... Will see how good they are after the jets and green bay games...

First ... 23456 Last