hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    *Disclaimer*

The numbers I'm about to used aren't precise, they're very close to accurate but I rounded them off for discussion purposes.
    Hyperbole: Making slight adjustments in facts to make a point.

To date, Oakland has played 62 games, and have exactly 100 games on the schedule left to be played, or in other words 60 percent of the season remaining. (62 percent to be precise)

Oakland in those 62 games have won 12 of them and lost 50.
    They have lost four out of every five games they've played to date, 80 percent. ( 81.5% to be precise)

As we like to say in my profession, "Let's do the math"

80 percent of all the games Oakland has played this season to date , they have lost.
    -400 money implies 80 percent, 4:1 or in other words, four out of every five.
    That's the break even number, -400.

(and if you're into sports wagering, or playing the stock market and you're objective is to turn a profit, breaking even is waste of time if you get right down to it, you're showing nothing gained on the time and energy you're putting in)

Betting chalk,on a long term consistent basis, will eventually destroy your bankroll.
    If you lay -400 on three individual game across three consecutive days and God forbid all three bets go south, you're out 1200 if you're fading Oakland to win 100.

To recoup that loss, you're going to need to win you're next 12 consecutive games just to break even.
    Good luck with all that.
    (I'm just trying to make a point here is all)

Don't think my scenario I just layed oot can't happen?
    The first two weeks of the MLB regular season two years ago, there were twelve game where the favorites were -240 or higher.
    Nine of those twelve games the chalk lost.
    If you're betting chalk like that on a regular basis, your bankroll is crippled, and you're pretty much out of the game by April 20th.

There are safer ways to wager chalk like that if you must bet on the heavy favorites.
    I tend to stay clear of any event -160 or higher, but I will use a prohibitive favorite I like in a two event money line parlay with another favorite I like, reason being if things go wrong I'm out just one even money wager, I'm not out 280 dollars for example, just the 100 on the original bet.
    I don't disagree with you on an overall macro-level, but there is nothing wrong with betting chalk on a micro-level. Such as, against the A's for example. I killed the books betting on the Av's last year all playoffs. Tons of chalk there. The NBA playoffs, usually, is all chalked up too. I think its more about if you really believe in a particular situation or for/against a particular team then laying the chalk is fine. However, long-term just rolling around in chalk constantly will get you chalky.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I don't disagree with you on an overall macro-level, but there is nothing wrong with betting chalk on a micro-level. Such as, against the A's for example. I killed the books betting on the Av's last year all playoffs. Tons of chalk there. The NBA playoffs, usually, is all chalked up too. I think its more about if you really believe in a particular situation or for/against a particular team then laying the chalk is fine. However, long-term just rolling around in chalk constantly will get you chalky.
    I hear you.
    I'm a spot player, I bet mainly MLB dogs.
    I pick my individual spots, I don't preach that my methods are the correct way and only way to bet, and I don't want to hear that from others that their way is the correct way either.

What works for me, that being seeking out undervalued MLB dogs may not be right for others.
    Speaking from a personal standpoint, I can recover quickly i go on a cooler betting bow-wows than if I went on a cooler betting the chalk.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2158

Pirates take the early lead 1-0 B1. Now we don’t have to see “boom” as game is already over…😂

Headsterx

What!? A’s tied it up!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    What!? A’s tied it up!
    Relax, A's often go up early then fold in the end.

Never a bad idea to live bet fade the A's when they go up early also.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 882

Las Vegas doesn’t even want the A’s.

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    *Disclaimer*

The numbers I'm about to used aren't precise, they're very close to accurate but I rounded them off for discussion purposes.
    Hyperbole: Making slight adjustments in facts to make a point.

To date, Oakland has played 62 games, and have exactly 100 games on the schedule left to be played, or in other words 60 percent of the season remaining. (62 percent to be precise)

Oakland in those 62 games have won 12 of them and lost 50.
    They have lost four out of every five games they've played to date, 80 percent. ( 81.5% to be precise)

As we like to say in my profession, "Let's do the math"

80 percent of all the games Oakland has played this season to date , they have lost.
    -400 money implies 80 percent, 4:1 or in other words, four out of every five.
    That's the break even number, -400.

(and if you're into sports wagering, or playing the stock market and you're objective is to turn a profit, breaking even is waste of time if you get right down to it, you're showing nothing gained on the time and energy you're putting in)

Betting chalk,on a long term consistent basis, will eventually destroy your bankroll.
    If you lay -400 on three individual game across three consecutive days and God forbid all three bets go south, you're out 1200 if you're fading Oakland to win 100.

To recoup that loss, you're going to need to win you're next 12 consecutive games just to break even.
    Good luck with all that.
    (I'm just trying to make a point here is all)

Don't think my scenario I just layed oot can't happen?
    The first two weeks of the MLB regular season two years ago, there were twelve game where the favorites were -240 or higher.
    Nine of those twelve games the chalk lost.
    If you're betting chalk like that on a regular basis, your bankroll is crippled, and you're pretty much out of the game by April 20th.

There are safer ways to wager chalk like that if you must bet on the heavy favorites.
    I tend to stay clear of any event -160 or higher, but I will use a prohibitive favorite I like in a two event money line parlay with another favorite I like, reason being if things go wrong I'm out just one even money wager, I'm not out 280 dollars for example, just the 100 on the original bet.
    Nash I have a math question. Right now the A's 12-50. Let's say you bet against the A's everygame at -300 to win a 100. How many 100's would you be up right now?

Nate rasta
    Update your status

The math says roughly +1400 ytd.With 100 games left should be able to pull in around 2000 for football season.but not sure if this trend last the whole season.i know I'm late to the party
    Last edited by Nate rasta; 06-06-23 at 08:56 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Oakland winning today?

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Oakland winning today?
    Yep.now 13-50.99 left

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well didn't happen in this game, A's get the win. Check back tomorrow though!

T100
    cappersmall reject
    T100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

walk away til the A`s are back battlin the a.l. teams. (hate interleague play for this reason)

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Las Vegas doesn’t even want the A’s.
    The A's will be a lot better once in Vegas for a few years. Plus, they will actually spend money too. Did Vegas want the Raiders? Because the A's have just as good of a history as the Raiders. They can't ever win if they refuse to spend money though or have no money to spend. Just like anything else.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    Yep.now 13-50.99 left
    I took Oakland today+200. I'm up 2 units.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I like you Laker, but I cringe when posters do this.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I like you Laker, but I cringe when posters do this.
    Baseball is an easy game to win it makes me sick when guys go-200 to win.

BeatTheJerk

Baseball is an easy game to win it makes me sick when guys go-200 to win.
    I was just referring to posting winners after the fact. I don’t bet into that sizable juice either not my style. I know you make pick threads & win nice size dogs. I give you credit all the time across the street when your name comes up.

LoneKenny
    LoneKenny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 379

Back on A's again today +160 regular play. Lots of breathing room now. 🙏

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

The revenge of "The Bash Bros".
    But one game does not a season make. X XX

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

So you are 1-15 betting +200 on their last 16 road games and we are 15-1 betting -200. Who did better?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I was just referring to posting winners after the fact. I don’t bet into that sizable juice either not my style. I know you make pick threads & win nice size dogs. I give you credit all the time across the street when your name comes up.
    Oh okay. Yeah I can't post all my plays on here. I make 50 bets a day.

BeatTheJerk

Oh okay. Yeah I can't post all my plays on here. I make 50 bets a day.
    Understood buddy, had no idea you were a volume bettor.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So you are 1-15 betting +200 on their last 16 road games and we are 15-1 betting -200. Who did better?
    I don't take one team every game. That's stupid just like it's stupid betting against them every night. MLB has lots of dogs win every night and this is the best you can come up with?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

So are you saying that during the 0-15 skid of A's losing on the road you only took them last night? Still even if you did you still haven't made 15 units like the guys who bet on them to lose on 15 road games in a row. It's not stupid following a trend.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15217

Might need to pick up some extra shifts if As win today lmao, bet a little crazy last night when I was drunk

Nuggets too apparently

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm on the A's today boys. This pitcher Harris is far better than his current ERA in my humble opinion. Seen him pitch enough. Let's keep this supernatural win streak straight outta hell going and call this guy Hogan's Heroes! I'm not going to be loading up on it. Just a few hunge risk.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave hehfest 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Might need to pick up some extra shifts if As win today lmao, bet a little crazy last night when I was drunk

Nuggets too apparently
    Nah, forget about extra shifts. Find a Lambo and gank it son. This is not advice. Strictly for entertainment purposes.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fade! -2.5 at +150.. A's are not winning this game today!

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/oakland...tes-430607123/
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-07-23 at 10:42 AM.

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by LoneKenny View Post
    Back on A's again today +160 regular play. Lots of breathing room now. 
    It'll be wipe out in 3 games... coming right up.

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Fade! -2.5 at +150.. A's are not winning this game today!

Naw, I'm just continuing to go with ml all the way to the end. Pirates -175

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

45 more minutes. I'm all wired up. Contact PITT PLAYA and meet him at the stadium somebody would ya?

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

I’ve been taking them a lot on the ML (had them last night) and I’ll play them again today on the ML but overall dogs have had a rough stretch the past few days.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well this game is over before it started. A's bats came to life finally. Never fading again. lol..

I fail....

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

They were bound to break it open at some point considering they’re a major league team but it’s still early and the A’s bullpen is not the greatest.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

No game is over until it’s over and it’s still 1st inning. I risked 250 on it. But no lead is safe so I’m not counting this a win yet.

First ... 14151617181920 ... Last