MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Is MLB Betting Beatable?

Yes or No over the long term? Books offering 104 cent overnight lines tell me the market is very sharp. Baseball is heavily statistical with a 162 game season providing an abundance of data for the books to set lines. Bullpens seem to add a lot of variance into the equation as you never know what you're going to get. Is it worth the time investment to cap?
    Last edited by MoneylineExpress; 04-17-23 at 02:57 PM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Sure it can be worth it. There's different levels too. Sabermetrics, for example, can still find edges.

But it's not the only way.

I always recommend making some kind of ratings, come up with some kind of probabliities on your own, but at the very least, once you've got at least some feel for it, or some kind of ratings or percentages, then you can work the markets...which can done in any sport.

You can still find EV in the mlb markets, make no mistake about it. The expansion of US betting has not made it worse, it's made it better...something I still believe is the case...

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    ... ...

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

4,860 games in a season. It would be impossible to lose money in baseball. Just watch the trends. Plenty of stats available, too.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

It is tough unless you are math wizard.