budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Celts starting to fade
    Some think Tatum the weak spot
    Nobody cares. Same odds, clear favorite.

Horford fined $25k for this

budwiser

Michael Jordan, Magic, LeBron we all know as the greats. But as for excitement and effort, just for me the most exciting player in the game that I have ever seen in Steph Curry. He is a joy to watch, he doesn't use his size he uses his skill and he busts his /ss every time. He doesn't direct his fire at his teammates. He is a legend, who changed the game forever. Props to Steph, though not sure how many years he has left.

https://twitter.com/baby_face_goat/s...35664025378816

budwiser

Pacers by 20 after the 1q in boston loll

Let's see how these green munchkins react

budwiser

Normally Pinnacle's futures are up. Looks like they took them down for now. lol

what a joke Boston was still +155 to win the East just this afternoon

I wonder if there's truth to what that boston author said, that the league has figured out something re: Boston. Or maybe Tatum really is a swinger and there's jealousy within the team. lol who knows

as i said b4 what we do know if we got a 34 year old coach with no nba head coaching experience, no nba playing experience, who just posted his scouting reports from a few years ago all over the net. al horford is older than his coach who looks like he has no idea what he's doing

we also know that the fans were booing the celtics at home. no surprise there, don't blame 'em

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

12/7: Celtics record is 21-5
    12/8: JJ posts this topic about how great the Celtics are
    12/21: Celtics record is 22-9, 1-4 since the topic with 2 losses at home to the Magic

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wtf?

What is going on?!

budwiser

Give the celtics credit they made a game of it but still a loss

12/7 was the peak and 12/8 was the official anointing of the celtics as kings of the nba

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    Give the celtics credit they made a game of it but still a loss

12/7 was the peak and 12/8 was the official anointing of the celtics as kings of the nba
    dude their bad man. leave your homerness at the door.

budwiser

Who says they're bad they are favorites to win the title. In every book in the country.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

What the fukk is this thread

budwiser

Been saying this for a while re: title, conference, and division futures. Had an opportunity on value on teams other than Boston, they are taking most of the $ they were clear favorites.

If you care about the next game tomorrow at 7pm est, no this thread probly isn't for you.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Been saying this for a while re: title, conference, and division futures. Had an opportunity on value on teams other than Boston, they are taking most of the $ they were clear favorites.

If you care about the next game tomorrow at 7pm est, no this thread probly isn't for you.
    Who in the East can win the conference besides Milwaukee?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    What the fukk is this thread
    It's devastating!

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Who in the East can win the conference besides Milwaukee?
    I have the Nets +600 Eastern Conference 1/3 +1200 title 2/3. That was after they changed the coach. I said Nash was the problem, this was when they were trying to trade Kyrie for almost nothing, nobody wanted him. I saw the Nets go on a run-granted they have pretty much only been playing .500 or below teams, and watched all this $ funnel to the Celtics. The value actually went UP on the Nets-that is you get MORE $ back despite the win streak. Not just me-the Knicks went on a tear and their futures couldn't move-NOTHING moved because it was ALL Celtics. Regular wager, but at 10-1 that's a real nice return. Did I just blow my futures, or what.

Joe Mazzulla is +150 to win coach of the year. Seriously? It's December.

So who does win? My guess is Milwaukee won't-I was on them 2 years ago when they did win, I followed them for months. Yannis already got his title, as did Jrue and Khris-so I wonder about motivation. I also wonder what is going on with Khris' knee. It's just a guess though, they are a quality team and can do it. Khris has to be healthy-where do they get their perimeter points if he isn't.

Anybody at this point could. The Knicks are hot. Certainly the Nets are hot. And trades will happen.

What I am protesting is this ridiculous idea that the Celtics are the far-and-away favorite to win in December. They haven't done shot, they were blown out by the Warriors in the Finals last year-embarrassed, Tatum took a vacation during the series. Celtics are -700 to win the division at Pinnacle, just a week ago they were -1500. Nets are 2 games back now, 6ers are 2 back in the loss column. How do you go from -1500 to -700 in a week, unless the oddsmakers are asleep-which is what I'm saying here. And if you think they are asleep, which I do, then you hammer them. That's what winning in this game is all about-you find a weakness and you hammer it. It's not about the long haul, never believed in that 2.5% bankroll or any of that-why would you treat all plays equally.

I'll have some traditional pix here-maybe win or lose, for xmas day. Why not. I'm sure it gets tiresome to read this thread, for some. Sorry.
    Last edited by budwiser; 12-21-22 at 10:29 PM.

budwiser

Said before, the issue with the Celtics is you don't win playing forwards.

They have a big lineup. From what I could tell, the Pacers were spacing the floor on offense. Because the bigger you are, the harder it is to guard space. In every sport, everywhere. These NBA coaches are way better at this than me, I have to think they are working on it feverishly.

Someone from the Celtics leaked that the league has figured out how to play the Celtics. Is it true, who knows. LONG way to go until April.

budwiser

I'll try to stop bumping this thing

But given the subject on the bux, middleton listed as doubtful yannis probable for Friday, both with knee issues

I was on the bux title run 2 years ago if you remember yannis was playing on a hyperextended knee and khris was battling thru injury. They tried as hard as any team ever

I give these guys all the credit and hope they get healthy

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16186

Celtics are just bored... nothing more to it. Horford teams have always been this way; starting out red hot, then a malaise over the holiday period and then picking it up again. The Xmas day clash will be interesting -no reason for them to be bored for that matchup, but can they flip the switch? Bucks aren't in such great form imo but will be highly motivated on account of the playoff payback angle.

IBetYou

One of us needs to do an Xmas day thread; have a stab at all 5 games ATS

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    One of us needs to do an Xmas day thread; have a stab at all 5 games ATS
    alrity a thread at least 1 hopefully 2 or more. all 5 games are for tools-we all know that lol. hopefully the bux-celtics gotta wait for the injury report with khris and yannis

ja morant i guarantee you everyone in the league saw this. the ONLY team to go through is the Celtics. I don't get it but these guys r on the court and the oddsmakers are paid experts so what does a fool like me know

IBetYou

alrity a thread at least 1 hopefully 2 or more. all 5 games are for tools-we all know that lol. hopefully the bux-celtics gotta wait for the injury report with khris and yannis

ja morant i guarantee you everyone in the league saw this. the ONLY team to go through is the Celtics. I don't get it but these guys r on the court and the oddsmakers are paid experts so what does a fool like me know

I wouldn't listen to Morant... young fool. Warriors are the team to beat in the west until proven otherwise. Curry is the best player in the world.

Bucks are the team to beat in the East. I think even with the playoff PB angle the Celtics will view themselves as dogs vs the Bucks simply because the Bucks didn't have Middleton in that playoff series.

budwiser

Middleton is a ball player's ball player. Casual fan doesn't know who he is. maybe one tag on him is he is a streaky shooter, he gets hot and cold as do a lot of perimeter guy

Yeah Morant i don't know about that one. Youth and bravado

budwiser

And clips a threat. I don't know what world Morant is living in, I believe the Clips have yet to go through a playoffs with a healthy George and Leonard. Leonard is an elite defender. Can John Wall find his form again through injury a big question.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

And clips a threat. I don't know what world Morant is living in, I believe the Clips have yet to go through a playoffs with a healthy George and Leonard. Leonard is an elite defender. Can John Wall find his form again through injury a big question.
    Clippers not a threat because they won’t stay healthy all the way through

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Clippers not a threat because they won’t stay healthy all the way through
    agree, big if.

health obviously a huge concern for every team.

Bux have to have the 3. Without Jrue, no point and no elite defender besides Yannis who can't guard perimeter. Without Khris who's going to manufacture permiter shots-nobody. Without Yannis-lol They got a bunch of role players past those 3. You see the Bux suffer tonite without Khris they just can't manufacture shots, Allen is a journeyman player, Portis and Lopez can get hot or cold any nite, not sure what exactly Carter is doing out there

IBetYou

Don't forget the Nuggets. They have played like shit so far and yet they are top of the West standings.

Quite a few teams ahead of the Grizz imo.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A much needed win

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Celtic's just schooled the beasts of the east.

lakerboy

Budwiser enjoy your xmas dinner pal.

budwiser

Budwiser enjoy your xmas dinner pal.
    Lol april a long ways away. Plenty of green midget losses ahead

lakerboy

Lol april a long ways away. Plenty of green midget losses ahead
    It works both ways for you I see. Lol

budwiser

It works both ways for you I see. Lol
    One game

lakerboy

One game
    You were jumping for joy when Orlando beat them. Two times. .
    You think Orlando will be in the playoffs?

budwiser

You were jumping for joy when Orlando beat them. Two times. .
    You think Orlando will be in the playoffs?
    No and that proves,my point

Go ahead put the 401k on the celtics eastern conference

budwiser

Seriously they are supposed to win. At home vs bux without Middleton

They are the favorites to win it all.

Let's see when they finally go on the road

lakerboy

No and that proves,my point

Go ahead put the 401k on the celtics eastern conference
    I could care less if they win. You are obsessed with them and hoping they lose.

Books are laughing at you.

First ... 23456 Last