gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    If time has a starting point that means someone had to turn on the switch that means there's a God

Jah Rastafari
    It's some kid with a playstation and a SIMS game

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    If time has a starting point that means someone had to turn on the switch that means there's a God

Jah Rastafari
    I hear you, but I’m not so sure that’s what I said about time having a starting point. I mention the moment before we start moving forward in time. I don’t know if that’s the same as the moment time started, it might not be.

I’ll admit, this is an area I may be less educated on at the moment. I’m not really sure what the equations say, but the big bang was the beginning of space-time then that’s what it was.

I wouldn’t go so far to say that there was a light switch or PlayStation south of the South Pole though, because nothing can be south of the South Pole.

That said, whatever stuff there was that caused the formation of the early universe and inflationary period, according to the math, may have been plentiful and there would’ve been enough to form countless if not infinite universes.

One could say the math could be questioned, but they shouldn’t. That math is able to predict from the early universe what the universe looks like today, after billions of years of evolution including where structures are on a large scale.

That last sentence, that I just wrote, may represent the absolute pinnacle of human achievement at this point in time across any category you can think of. That we are able to do that is nothing short of amazing.

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    It's some kid with a playstation and a SIMS game
    That's too easy off an out

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

We’re at a tough crazy and awesome stage in cosmology.

The ultimate goal, what could be a pinnacle of saying where we came from would be a model the larger universe in relativity joining with the models of the small in quantum. Both models work for their relative subject, but we just can’t marry them and connect them.

Perhaps there’s a gravity particle, or a new set of particles involving the “darks” like dark energy and dark matter. Perhaps we live in a black hole, as the universe seems to just be made up of information anyway and how that is treated could be similar to what happens inside a black hole.

Some things are not testable, and some things are testable and we just haven’t figured out how to test them yet.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

That's what trips me out, is the beginning of time or the "Big Bang" . What happened before that, there had to be some kind of engineer and who engineered the engineer

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/10/s...-hologram.html

An interesting read from a few days ago

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

As you can see, I might be having a midlife crisis lol.

I’ve conquered Sports, at a fundamental level I can beat the markets I can do it over the long term. I “Einstein-ed” Different methods, theories, and mathematical proofs in Sports over the decades that were truly revolutionary. I married the old-school gambler with the new school Internet hustler.

And while I could not put myself on par with the greatest in the world in astrophysics, like I might be able to do in sports, I can’t help but think what would’ve happened if I pursued the great question and tried to marry relativity to quantum mechanics.

I’ve searched for decades for a unifying theory in sports, one that works among all the sports, and I’ve come very close.

The final frontier of my work there involves quantifying certain psychological aspects of both the markets and the market participants. Again I’ve made great strides here.

I believe the answer lies therein and I can build edges big enough to play around with it.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Gaucher, you may remember long ago you asked me if I had a model for ping-pong, the Russian fixed shit. And I answered sort of.

I was talking about elements of my grand unifying theory of Sports.

And I was applying it to Russian ping-pong.

I did the same thing the first two weeks of the USFL, a league that had no history to draw from.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

The idea of entanglement as it relates to watching sports and gambling is fascinating to me. Logic tells us that what we do when we watch games has no impact on the outcome yet quantum physics says otherwise.

If you figure that out lmk otherwise I'm just going to keep wearing the same socks.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol

quantum physics doesn’t say otherwise.

That’s not quite how it works.

I’d say superstition says otherwise, but quantum mechanics no.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    We’re at a tough crazy and awesome stage in cosmology.

The ultimate goal, what could be a pinnacle of saying where we came from would be a model the larger universe in relativity joining with the models of the small in quantum. Both models work for their relative subject, but we just can’t marry them and connect them.

Perhaps there’s a gravity particle, or a new set of particles involving the “darks” like dark energy and dark matter. Perhaps we live in a black hole, as the universe seems to just be made up of information anyway and how that is treated could be similar to what happens inside a black hole.

Some things are not testable, and some things are testable and we just haven’t figured out how to test them yet.
    Dark matter and dark energy probably don't exist, the unifying factor between relativity and quantum mechanics might be an unfathomable fifth dimension.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave DrunkHorseplayer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Dark matter and dark energy probably don't exist, the unifying factor between relativity and quantum mechanics might be an unfathomable fifth dimension.
    dark matter and dark energy most definitely exist, we just call them dark because we don’t know what they are. One of them is accelerating the expansion of the universe and the other is holding galaxies together, to put a crudely.

Could be that what we ”see” as the effects of dark matter is just something about gravity we’re not understanding. In that case yeah as a particle of or something dark matter might not exist.

But that odd dimension you talk about might be showing itself in something like dark matter.

We just haven’t been able to detect it yet directly.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Dark matter doesn’t really interact with anything, although they have made a few detectors for it. Because it doesn’t react with light or any of the electromagnetic spectrum we can’t really do much with it, even if we detect it.

But the gravity from all that “dark matter” will bend light. So maybe it’s just gravity at that large scale that we’re not getting right.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Dark matter clumped matter and galaxies together in the clusters of galaxies to create what is basically the backbone of the universe’s structure, including the filaments of hydrogen gas.

There’s a lot of evidence for dark matter based on its effect on structures in the universe, based on the centers of gravity of rotating and orbiting galaxies, etc.

Something is out there exerting a lot of influence we just have no clue, lol, so we call it dark.

Ok, nuff for now. We got games.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

wrong KV dark santa lives just south of the south pole and your boy cold as fuk

Points Awarded:

KVB gave manny24 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Gravity bro
    "Just a theory" I heard.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Dark Matter Matters

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

dark matter and dark energy most definitely exist, we just call them dark because we don’t know what they are. One of them is accelerating the expansion of the universe and the other is holding galaxies together, to put a crudely.

Could be that what we ”see” as the effects of dark matter is just something about gravity we’re not understanding. In that case yeah as a particle of or something dark matter might not exist.

But that odd dimension you talk about might be showing itself in something like dark matter.

We just haven’t been able to detect it yet directly.
    My line of thinking is that dark matter and dark energy are this century's version of the luminiferous aether, they don't exist. Quantum entanglement is this century's version of gravity, apparent instantaneous action at a distance but far from it. The answer lies in a fifth dimension that is as unfathomable to us as the fourth dimension of time was to Newton.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    My line of thinking is that dark matter and dark energy are this century's version of the luminiferous aether, they don't exist. Quantum entanglement is this century's version of gravity, apparent instantaneous action at a distance but far from it. The answer lies in a fifth dimension that is as unfathomable to us as the fourth dimension of time was to Newton.
    Love it horseman. Good stuff.

But can't deny the evidence that something is there, even if our "dark" names are lame.

Something is going on, we just need to get there and find it.

Does it take incremental advances in what we already know and are working on or will it take a Newton or Einstein like person to approach the problem from a completely different perspective or vantage point?

Or, have we completed our models of physics and there is nothing left to discover?

We predicted the Higgs, then found it. Are we done?

We need bigger better and more advanced scientific equipment. The next gen particle accelerator is gonna be nuts, but will it produce anything at all?

Those are the questions.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Sometimes I feel like going back to school and jumping into this field.

I have some pretty out of the box ideas and out of the box ways to measure and test them, including ways to find evidence of a multiverse. Maybe we need a next level study of the CMB. There are things in there we could search for.

Sometimes I wonder.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

It's not going to be solved by humans. Within 50 years, maybe 25, AI will surpass human intelligence and proceed to solve every mystery of physics.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Wouldn't that be like saying discovering microbes with a microscope wasn't a human achievement, but the achievement of the microscope?

If AI solves it, then I think we can give humans credit for getting to the point where AI and things like quantum computers help us make discoveries.

It's interesting to think about, at least.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7725

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    very important to get 25% of your sleep in "rem"
    20 is good
    4 different rem stretches

None of that happens with booze though and caffeine within 8 hours of bedtime

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Ya I never sleep good after a night of drinking. That's part of the reason you feel like s*** the next day

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Welcome to my world I never sleep. I'll sleep when I die. I got shit to do. Sleep is overrated..

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Too busy studying the card looking to pound soft markets.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

thanks coach never knew or thought people sleep money doesn't

very informative

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

some neil degrasse tyson motherfukkers in here

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Maybe there is no beginning of time.that means time is 360°. That means that time is timeless

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just got up looking for opportunities on the betting board

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Lol

quantum physics doesn’t say otherwise.

That’s not quite how it works.

I’d say superstition says otherwise, but quantum mechanics no.
    https://scienceexchange.caltech.edu/...d/entanglement
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave gauchojake 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

But don't misunderstand quantum physics and specifically entaglment. Even with large scale entanglement. It is not saying that what you do while watching a game can have an influence on that game.

...Logic tells us that what we do when we watch games has no impact on the outcome yet quantum physics says otherwise...
    This ^^^ is a broad and common misunderstanding of an interpretation of quantum mechanics. The only place there is room is to apply the many worlds theory to each system of entaglement and observation. That's not a multiverse, it's many-worlds, and they are different. It is cutting edge when it comes to theory, but it's a stretch to apply it to being an observer watching sports.
    Last edited by KVB; 10-16-22 at 02:20 PM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Basically, in many-worlds, there exists every possible thing you can do while watching a game and it is paired with every possible thing that could happen in the game. These seemingly infinite possibilities occur in infinite copies of the world.

But is that to say you influenced it? All possibilites are happening anyway. If it's true, perhaps we are just in one of the many worlds and happen to be in the one with the thing you did and the thing that occurred in the game.

For every single action as an observer on a quantum system, there becomes another world where it occurs. That means all day long identical worlds with slightly different outcomes are being spawned with every decision you as an observer face at every single moment.

This is a realy theory, based on the thought of a wave collapsing observer in quantum system.

This is also often misinterpreted and people come up with stuff like "Mandela Effect" when they misunderstand it.

Let me give the cat example. The idea is that until we open the box and observe the system, the cat is both alive and dead, all possibilites of the wave function which collapses when we observe. We become part of the quantum system when we observe it and so when we open the box there becomes another world, an identical world, except in the world the cat is whatever it isn't in our world.

We see a dead cat when we open the box, but then there becomes a world where we see the cat alive. Many-worlds can be created this way, how many? We don't know.

But remember Schrodinger's cat was a thought experiment designed to show how ridiculous quantum theory is.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

That's why home field advantage is huge. I think it's more than 3 pts.maybe like 4 to 6

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Theoretical physics just a bunch of people guessing about shit they don't know and are too stupid limited to understand. Why anybody wastes their time on that shit is beyond me. A previous post already buried the thread. Supercomputers will understand and figure this shit out before the 1000 smartest humans working together will. We still don't have a base on the moon 50+ years after stepping on it but they'll have you to believe we'll be living on Mars by 2030. Lmao the gulability of humanity, especially "scientists" blows my mind. They believe everything but can explain virtually nothing big picture. But hey somebody has to get paid to sit around guessing all day why not theoretical physicists. Don't hate the player hate the game I suppose.

First 1234 Last