thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Youngkin v. McAuliffe - Pick and Write-Up

I hit my last political bet on Harris to be vice president at +150, I think there is value on Youngkin to win the governors race in Virgina at +150.

Risking 2 units to win 3

The New Jersey and Virginia governors races are both next week and both involve similar issues, but the races are shaping up very differently.

In Virginia the main issue is the education system and families, with the horrific rape case in Laudon county that was covered up by the school board and democratic leaders being a central issue.

In New Jersey Ciatterelli has been linked negatively to Trump because he attended the January 6th protest, and the New Jersey race is much more focused on Covid and Trump.

In Virginia the issue as I said is focused on social issues, with the education system being the center.

The party that loses the presidential election has always done well in the mid-term elections with almost no exception for over 40 years, when people are out of power they get angry and motivated, well those in power often get complacent.

Mcaullife is moderate corporate democrat who has no real appeal to progressive on the left. Progressives have generally been motivated by 3 issues, Trump, progressive policies, and progressive candidates.

Trump is not a big factor in the Virginia race, Youngkin has strong support from the Trump base, but he's also been able to distance himself from Trump to appeal to moderate and independents on issues like the vaccine and election integrity.

The Laudon country rape case has parents outraged and its the kind of issue the should lead moms and housewives, the key group Trump did very poorly with in 2016, to vote Republican. Garland calling parents terrorists also angered many even moderate and independent voters.

The right is fired up right now and Youngkin also has appealed effectively to both independent and moderate voters. Mcaullife has made repeated mistakes including saying parents have no place in their kids education.

The polls show this race essentially tied but the polls have always undercounted Republicans and Trump supporters as we saw in both 2016 and 2020, the energy is all the right at this time.

Republicans are motivated about the border, Afghanistan, culture issues, and the fact they aren't in power. Progressive have nothing to be motivated about now with the absurd and dumb so called infrastructure bill failing and Mcaullife not being a progressive himself.

Youngkin should get strong turnout with the base of the party but he should also do well with moderate republicans and independents because of the culture issues like critical race theory teaching in school and the Laudon county Rape and cover-up of the rape.

The right is much more motivated than the left right now, the left has nothing to motivated about in this race or nationally since Biden has been incompetent and unable to get most major progressive legislation passed.

thomorino

The latest poll from real clear politics has McAuliffe up by 1 point ..

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

You’re mission here if you’re man enough to continue the mission
    is to give us your opinion on sporting events so we can fade and make a few bucks.

Politics is not your forte nor do we care about your opinion on the subject.

Stick to what you’re good at.

Runeblade
    Runeblade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    is to give us your opinion on sporting events so we can fade and make a few bucks.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

I think he’s a life fade. Just fade everything he says and you’re gonna win huge. He’s -470 units overall…..that’s with him shaving units. The real number is more like -600.

DucktheHoward
    DucktheHoward's Avatar Become A Pro!

not bad, not bad

McCauliff really screwed up when he said parents don't have any business in their childrens' education....people of every political stripe disagree with that one!

They are desperate to tie youngkin to trump, we'll see if it works

california was looking good for republicans until about the last 10 days of that race, so not trying to fall into the same trap with VA

I'm cheering for youngkin but remaining skeptical

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post

I think he’s a life fade. Just fade everything he says and you’re gonna win huge. He’s -470 units overall…..that’s with him shaving units. The real number is more like -600.
    2 dumb shits

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

You’re mission here if you’re man enough to continue the missionis to give us your opinion on sporting events so we can fade and make a few bucks.Politics is not your forte nor do we care about your opinion on the subject.Stick to what you’re good at.
    Dude, it's impolite to come into a thread started by someone else and bash their picks. I don't care who it is or what you think of him. At least make a counter argument.

Morino - I agree with your posts. You make some great points. Not sure I want to put money on the whims of people getting off their couches. BOL.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Dude, it's impolite to come into a thread started by someone else and bash their picks. I don't care who it is or what you think of him. At least make a counter argument.

Morino - I agree with your posts. You make some great points. Not sure I want to put money on the whims of people getting off their couches. BOL.
    Posting trash is his life, he's a dumb piece of shit.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by DucktheHoward View Post
    not bad, not bad

McCauliff really screwed up when he said parents don't have any business in their childrens' education....people of every political stripe disagree with that one!

They are desperate to tie youngkin to trump, we'll see if it works

california was looking good for republicans until about the last 10 days of that race, so not trying to fall into the same trap with VA

I'm cheering for youngkin but remaining skeptical
    California is 70 percent democrat, completely different state, elder got heavily outspent too.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10391

Could take years to unravel the mess Trump left with sound minded moderates

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Could take years to unravel the mess Trump left with sound minded moderates
    Trump brought more people into the party than he alienated, that's why he got more votes than any incumbent president in us history.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

would love to see a REP win VA

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

The Roe V Wade stuff that's been going down in Texas will definitely be a motivating factor for progressives, but I agree that GOP are more motivated in this race. Youngkin is a solid candidate, and he's done a good job distancing himself from Trump, which is necessary in a state like Virginia. I still think T-Mac will win by around 3% win, but Youngkin has good value here. Nice write up.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by PromiseLand View Post
    The Roe V Wade stuff that's been going down in Texas will definitely be a motivating factor for progressives, but I agree that GOP are more motivated in this race. Youngkin is a solid candidate, and he's done a good job distancing himself from Trump, which is necessary in a state like Virginia. I still think T-Mac will win by around 3% win, but Youngkin has good value here. Nice write up.
    I don't agree with you on abortion, I think people know a law like we saw in Texas would never pass in a state like Virginia. The Texas abortion law also was passed some time ago and other issues are more important to most voters right now.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Early voting is a dead heat, in a State Biden won by 10+

McCaulliff is DOA this one us over boys

New Jersey is more interesting....

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Trump brought more people into the party than he alienated, that's why he got more votes than any incumbent president in us history.
    He made it so that a guy that doesn’t know what day it is, is now President. That’s how horrible trump is.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Early voting is a dead heat, in a State Biden won by 10+

McCaulliff is DOA this one us over boys

I feel like you don’t do well with these kinds of predictions.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

Early voting is a dead heat, in a State Biden won by 10+McCaulliff is DOA this one us over boys New Jersey is more interesting....
    It is hardly over. It will be very close though.

MinnesotaFats

I feel like you don’t do well with these kinds of predictions.
    VA is over...there's 0 statistical outs for Mcaullaff here w the early voting going the way it has, in fact, Terry could lose by 5 points signally a 15 point swing 12 mo the removed from Bidens "win".

That would indicate problems for the mid terms. Obama had historical losses, this could be epic...

There's a reason nobody wants to be associated w Bidens retarded bills he's trying to pass and also why he won't take questions....no Dems want Biden commenting on their races- he's toxic and politically dead.

vitterd

VA is over...there's 0 statistical outs for Mcaullaff here w the early voting going the way it has, in fact, Terry could lose by 5 points signally a 15 point swing 12 mo the removed from Bidens "win".

That would indicate problems for the mid terms. Obama had historical losses, this could be epic...

There's a reason nobody wants to be associated w Bidens retarded bills he's trying to pass and also why he won't take questions....no Dems want Biden commenting on their races- he's toxic and politically dead.
    Biden was stumping for him in Virginia last week.

The best thing for republican challenger is he refused to let trump come to Virginia. That is helping him.

I would just be careful….you guys never do well with these kind of predictions.

jjgold

Biden was stumping for him in Virginia last week.

The best thing for republican challenger is he refused to let trump come to Virginia. That is helping him.

I would just be careful….you guys never do well with these kind of predictions.
    That was a good move actually, if Dems lose VA watch out of a tidal wave mid terms

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    That was a good move actually, if Dems lose VA watch out of a tidal wave mid terms
    Gets a little scary when Fatty and Morino are predicting the same thing….these guys don’t have a great track record.

jjgold

Gets a little scary when Fatty and Morino are predicting the same thing….these guys don’t have a great track record.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

I'm a Virginian. For the first time in I can't remember when, I will not be voting. It has become meaningless to be for the MOST part. Not to say there might be a nook or idea here and there. I grew up in a time and place where everyone was decent to each other. I'm not to be labeled a liberal nor a conservative. (I recall as a kid I was for Barry Goldwater) LOL.... Then at one time I was for Ross Perot. The 2 party system has become totally corrupt. And I don't know the answer to it. If the Dems were to totally drop the "progressive wing", I would vote for them. That's not going to happen... The angles intertwines with other angles make it all a sham.... I hope the race ends in a dead heat, cause I don't care for either candidate.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    I'm a Virginian. For the first time in I can't remember when, I will not be voting. It has become meaningless to be for the MOST part. Not to say there might be a nook or idea here and there. I grew up in a time and place where everyone was decent to each other. I'm not to be labeled a liberal nor a conservative. (I recall as a kid I was for Barry Goldwater) LOL.... Then at one time I was for Ross Perot. The 2 party system has become totally corrupt. And I don't know the answer to it. If the Dems were to totally drop the "progressive wing", I would vote for them. That's not going to happen... The angles intertwines with other angles make it all a sham.... I hope the race ends in a dead heat, cause I don't care for either candidate.
    Exactly

The progressive caucus is absolutely insane...like, Clinton's Democrat party was tolerable, but the West/ East coast progressive caucus is fukking retarded in such a bizzare way.

...example 1a tonite. Biden Flys to a Climate Change Summit....that China won't attend or partake in.

How u gonna save the Earth if the most populous / pollution emitting Country won't go along w your agenda? Yet, the progressive wing DEMANDS that agenda be implemented upon every American by force of law.

PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Holy fukk

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Did you know the last time an incumbent democratic governor that got reelected in NJ was almost 90 years ago.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

If Youngkin had the balls to actually invite trump to virginia, I would have vote. Like most he rides the fence. I can find noting but 0 love for trump. That doesn't mean Youngkin, might not be the better governor. It's a crap shot. Both ARE CROOKED!

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Did you know the last time an incumbent democratic governor that got reelected in NJ was almost 90 years ago.
    What??????

I actually do not mind the NJ governor, he really never had battles with Trump either

Murphy will win easy

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What??????

I actually do not mind the NJ governor, he really never had battles with Trump either

Murphy will win easy
    Thing is Murphy is spineless.

MinnesotaFats

Noone believes Murphy up 9

Media is such a clown show

thomorino

He made it so that a guy that doesn’t know what day it is, is now President. That’s how horrible trump is.
    Trump lost because the fake and corrupt media covered everything up for Biden including his dementia you dumb shit.

thomorino

You are a dumb shit

thomorino

Noone believes Murphy up 9

Media is such a clown show
    The new jersey race is very different because although it shouldn't matter citorelli att need the jan sixth rally and Murphy has been more effective linking him to Trump

Trump isn't a big factor at all in Virginia

1234 ... Last