Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    There is a labor shortage because of the dumb economic policies of this administration extending benefits when the economy is trying to open up. There likely is no one in to take your calls because of the work shortage.

You should find out if you have been fired though, because the date is important for unemployment benefits if you go that route.
    Good advice Morino but my UI benefits ended this week & I can't file again until I work at least a year. It would be beneficial to know if I was fired so I could start applying elsewhere which I've been doing anyway but I'd prefer my old job back.

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4511

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Pretty much knucks but I don't see how that's illegal. They never called to reassign me so I did what any sane, rational person would’ve done in that situation. Legally file for UE & collect $785/wk for the next 6 months sitting on my ass. As a fellow gambler you should appreciate a sharp play when you see one
    If I recall that wasn’t exactly what happen. You were upset you didn’t get a Cush job sitting on your ass and they had you at some spot you had to stand for most if not all the time. Wasn’t it a train station or something?
    I enjoy gambling but I can’t stand lazy individuals. There were plenty of available jobs out there and you decided to take the easy way out and leach off the government.
    The “Sharp Play” would have been you going out and getting a better job as we all know there was plenty of them out there.
    I believe you have the skill sets to do much better than a security guard but you have been in that position for 20+ years and it’s human nature to be scared/hesitant to try other things.
    The opportunity to try new things is still out there and plenty of jobs available but here you are crying about the previous employer that you walked away from….

Unless you were furloughed or on disability the employer can “Ghost” you all they want

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good advice Morino but my UI benefits ended this week & I can't file again until I work at least a year. It would be beneficial to know if I was fired so I could start applying elsewhere which I've been doing anyway but I'd prefer my old job back.
    Just go and ask them, you don't have to just call. The other thing you could do is look up the home phone number of the bosses who run the company and just call them at home if they are listed in the white pages.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Just go and ask them, you don't have to just call. The other thing you could do is look up the home phone number of the bosses who run the company and just call them at home if they are listed in the white pages.
    Home phone?
    White pages?
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave gauchojake 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Home phone?
    White pages?
    Yeah home phone and white pages you dumb shit. Many older people still have land lines.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

There's about a million better ways to find someone and get in touch with them. The white pages lol

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleHeadz View Post
    If I recall that wasn’t exactly what happen. You were upset you didn’t get a Cush job sitting on your ass and they had you at some spot you had to stand for most if not all the time. Wasn’t it a train station or something?
    I enjoy gambling but I can’t stand lazy individuals. There were plenty of available jobs out there and you decided to take the easy way out and leach off the government.
    The “Sharp Play” would have been you going out and getting a better job as we all know there was plenty of them out there.
    I believe you have the skill sets to do much better than a security guard but you have been in that position for 20+ years and it’s human nature to be scared/hesitant to try other things.
    The opportunity to try new things is still out there and plenty of jobs available but here you are crying about the previous employer that you walked away from….

Unless you were furloughed or on disability the employer can “Ghost” you all they want
    That's right, a "train station" cuz that's normally where you see guards stationed. You could call me lazy all you want but after putting in 20 years with 0 benefits I'd have to be an absolute idiot to pass up an extra $300 wk for the only time that would ever be available.
    Last edited by Doug tushyterror; 09-29-21 at 10:27 AM.

thomorino

There's about a million better ways to find someone and get in touch with them. The white pages lol
    He said he's tried and can't reach his bosses you dumb shit.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

I just looked up “gauchojake” in the white pages at the local library. It only had a beeper number. Did you get a page from a number with a *911 pal????

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Based on this little tidbit, doubt it.
    With a company this size you would think that there is a district office or home office you could contact if no response from local office!! Just a thought

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I just looked up “gauchojake” in the white pages at the local library. It only had a beeper number. Did you get a page from a number with a *911 pal????
    Booya I tried to call back but didn't have a quarter for the pay phone

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

He said he's tried and can't reach his bosses you dumb shit.
    Yeah and you suggested calling a landline and locating the number via the white pages. Let that sink in for a minute dumbshit. What are you fukkin 80? There's over 75k employees. Try LinkedIn messenger.
    Points Awarded:

KnuckleHeadz gave gauchojake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

Booya I tried to call back but didn't have a quarter for the pay phone
    Probably better off because I had to leave the corner where the pay phone was that you were calling me back on….

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    I don't mind the unions if people could opt out whenever they want to, but if in order to work a certain job I had no choice but to join unions - that's when I don't like them, I rather be able to choose for myself if I want to join or not.
    The opt out is a great idea that I support if you don't want to be in the union you should not have too, but you should not benefit from it either!! That person should get pay and benefits the company was offering before collective bargaining begins!!

I think they call workers who want the benefits of the union and let everyone else pay for it is 'free loaders' If they just get what the company is offering and not union benefits that way workers that don't want to be part of a union don't have to be and those that want representation can have it. everyone HAPPY
    Last edited by jackpot269; 09-29-21 at 12:12 PM.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Put your resume on zip recruiter. Lots of companies are hiring right now

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    Excellent idea. I've worked security jobs in the past. If you like 3rd shift its even easier to land something. G.L.

thomorino

Yeah and you suggested calling a landline and locating the number via the white pages. Let that sink in for a minute dumbshit. What are you fukkin 80? There's over 75k employees. Try LinkedIn messenger.
    Probably better off because I had to leave the corner where the pay phone was that you were calling me back on….
    Dumb shits

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4511

And this information is coming from a lawyer I
    Can only imagine the advice he’s giving to clients.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleHeadz View Post
    And this information is coming from a lawyer I
    Can only imagine the advice he’s giving to clients.
    Stop talking you dumb shit.

thomorino

Some states require you to be fired to received unemployment benefits, you can't get them if you quit, so you should clarify this issue for a number of reasons just to keep your options open moving forward.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Dumb shits
    As usual the morono gonna get this thread marooned in the saloon boom tomb.

Tuesday
    Whores...God Bless 'Em
    Tuesday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4061

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    The opt out is a great idea that I support if you don't want to be in the union you should not have too, but you should not benefit from it either!! That person should get pay and benefits the company was offering before collective bargaining begins!!

I think they call workers who want the benefits of the union and let everyone else pay for it is 'free loaders' If they just get what the company is offering and not union benefits that way workers that don't want to be part of a union don't have to be and those that want representation can have it. everyone HAPPY
    Definitely non-union members don't automatically get whatever union members automatically get in collective bargaining agreements. Non union have to negotiate their own work contacts of course.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Doug move on for fuk sake

open a hot dog cart at the park, start a hair band or something
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave manny24 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Doug tushyterror

Been using Indeed..much more streamlined than ZR.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25570

Home phone?
    White pages?
    Not funny Jake. I have been waiting for my phone book to be delivered for 11 years now.
    Where the fukk is it?

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25570

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Doug move on for fuk sake

open a hot dog cart at the park, start a hair band or something

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

doug just walk into headquarters and get the business

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Do we still get phone books delivered to our homes. I haven’t see one in about ten years or longer.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday View Post
    As usual the morono gonna get this thread marooned in the saloon boom tomb.
    You can't go ten minutes without post to me, I own you, you dumb shit.

Doug tushyterror

Finally was able to get someone on the phone today & I really want to say what happened but for now it's best I don't cuz the situation isn't over & for all I know they might be a degen. & know about this forum. The way it's shaping out I'll be releasing that info in just a matter of time.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I got one the other day so there are phone books

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Do we still get phone books delivered to our homes. I haven’t see one in about ten years or longer.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Did you put it on your chair so you can reach the cereal bowl jj???

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Finally was able to get someone on the phone today & I really want to say what happened but for now it's best I don't cuz the situation isn't over & for all I know they might be a degen. & know about this forum. The way it's shaping out I'll be releasing that info in just a matter of time.
    Sounds ominous

Doug tushyterror

Sounds ominous
    More like typical bullshit that's just par for the course

First 123 Last