lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Line Movements C'mon laker you better than that.
    I've been fading every line movement in the euro cup. Down huge lol.

Ml came back a bit. Game looks like a draw 1-1.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Argentina by 2+ goals.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I will take a stab with Argentina here

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Took Brazil ml. Home team / better team

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    Took Brazil ml. Home team / better team
    I actually don't think home matters. Hardly any fans. And roster wise, don't see how they are better, either. Argentina is good enough to have Sergio Aguero and Di Maria coming off their bench. I think they are loaded. Even Dyabala wasn't selected for this team, and he's a star basically at Juventes. Argentina didn't have room for him coming off his injuries. A lot of international teams would make room for him, but they have other weapons. Romero is one of the best defedners in the world and Martinez is quickly becoming one of the best forwards in the world too.

Gabriel Jesus also suspended for Brazil, one of their best players.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I actually don't think home matters. Hardly any fans. And roster wise, don't see how they are better, either. Argentina is good enough to have Sergio Aguero and Di Maria coming off their bench. I think they are loaded. Even Dyabala wasn't selected for this team, and he's a star basically at Juventes. Argentina didn't have room for him coming off his injuries. A lot of international teams would make room for him, but they have other weapons. Romero is one of the best defedners in the world and Martinez is quickly becoming one of the best forwards in the world too.

Gabriel Jesus also suspended for Brazil, one of their best players.
    Argentina is not that good bro. I follow them very closely. I'm not saying they can't win a one off final though. Neymar is a known choker as well. The Argentina back line is slow and the midfield will be on there heels. Brazil is very much the better side but people think Messi will finally win.

You might want to look at the odds for Argentina to win in pks. It is much lower then Brazil to do the same.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Argentina is not that good bro. I follow them very closely. I'm not saying they can't win a one off final though. Neymar is a known choker as well. The Argentina back line is slow and the midfield will be on there heels. Brazil is very much the better side but people think Messi will finally win.

You might want to look at the odds for Argentina to win in pks. It is much lower then Brazil to do the same.
    PKs always scare me but I have to take a shot here. Got my ass handed to me in the euro cup so far and I just placed some nice sized wagers on argentina if you wanna check out my copa thread to see what I'm on.

Messi has lost in 2 finals ok PKs. So I'm sure a fast start is definitely on his mind. He doesn't want luck to play a part in this. Messi has been on a different level this entire tournamnet. He's now favored to win the Ballon. Again. After barely being in the discussion 2 months ago. Because of this tourny. Thiago Silva is 36 years old. Messi should run circles around that guy.

Argentina doesn't have the Mascherano type presence they did in the past, you're right. But they are more loaded offensively than when they had chokers like Higuine. Martinez is dynamic. This team feels like they're on a mission and they've had good comradarie throughout the tournament, everyone going to Messi's house, etc.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    PKs always scare me but I have to take a shot here. Got my ass handed to me in the euro cup so far and I just placed some nice sized wagers on argentina if you wanna check out my copa thread to see what I'm on.

Messi has lost in 2 finals ok PKs. So I'm sure a fast start is definitely on his mind. He doesn't want luck to play a part in this. Messi has been on a different level this entire tournamnet. He's now favored to win the Ballon. Again. After barely being in the discussion 2 months ago. Because of this tourny. Thiago Silva is 36 years old. Messi should run circles around that guy.

Argentina doesn't have the Mascherano type presence they did in the past, you're right. But they are more loaded offensively than when they had chokers like Higuine. Martinez is dynamic. This team feels like they're on a mission and they've had good comradarie throughout the tournament, everyone going to Messi's house, etc.
    Some good points. Silva is slow. Chelsea know how to hide him. I love Martinez. He is a very good striker. Let's hope they win. Good luck.

Goat Milk

Some good points. Silva is slow. Chelsea know how to hide him. I love Martinez. He is a very good striker. Let's hope they win. Good luck.
    Good luck LB.

lakerboy

A few plays but I'm biased

Argentina to score first+175(1*)
    Full game draw +220(1*)
    Argentina to lift the trophy+156(1*)
    Argentina to win on pks +865(.5*)

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

good thing goater gave us novels about soccer.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

now I am worried he thinks a bunch of goals

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Dybala never made it to superstar status. He rarely played last season and even when healthy was a substitute player. That's why he didn't make the cut. He is no superstar, he never was.

Thiago is 36 and was a starter in the CL final and got his contract renewed for another season. Good enough for the CL final but too slow for Copa America I guess.

Really would like to see Messi winning on international level, let's see.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Dybala never made it to superstar status. He rarely played last season and even when healthy was a substitute player. That's why he didn't make the cut. He is no superstar, he never was.

Thiago is 36 and was a starter in the CL final and got his contract renewed for another season. Good enough for the CL final but too slow for Copa America I guess.

Really would like to see Messi winning on international level, let's see.
    No what I was saying is that Silva is slow but chelsea use rudiger to cover for him. He is a great positional defender but you can come at him with speed. Chelsea would beat Brazil . Brazil does not have the same type of players to cover for him. That Peruvian guy was really giving him a hard time. I'm not sure you were talking to me though lol.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

I will not be shocked if Messi starts crying either way today if Argentina win or lose.

Allure

No what I was saying is that Silva is slow but chelsea use rudiger to cover for him. He is a great positional defender but you can come at him with speed. Chelsea would beat Brazil . Brazil does not have the same type of players to cover for him. That Peruvian guy was really giving him a hard time. I'm not sure you were talking to me though lol.
    Yeah at 36 he is of course he is not fast. Chelsea is playing with 3 center backs with Kante and Jorginho in front of the 3. That obviously helps.

I am on Brazil, but honestly I think Messi deserves an international title, so won't be crying if I lose. Aside from the front 3 I think defense and mids of Argentina are pretty mediocre. Brazil gets no attention it is all about Messi etc, yet you can get Argentina to win for +400 and more. Either the books feel comfortable taking all the Messi bets or they feel Brazil is gonna take it. I mean the odds for Argentina are outrageously high for a final isn't it?

Let's see and hope for a good match.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

A few plays but I'm biased

Argentina to score first+175(1*)
    Full game draw +220(1*)
    Argentina to lift the trophy+156(1*)
    Argentina to win on pks +865(.5*)
    One down .
    Points Awarded:

KnuckleHeadz gave JayLA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Goat Milk

So happy Di Maria started today, been begging for this all tournament. Will take him off the bench too either way. Lets go

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    One down .
    Yes sir

Allure

So if Messi also wins an international title... where do we stand in the Messi vs Cristiano discussion?

No international title was always brought up in this comparison.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    So if Messi also wins an international title... where do we stand in the Messi vs Cristiano discussion?

No international title was always brought up in this comparison.
    Messi is the greatest player in the history of soccer. I'm not even sure that was up for debate. Ronaldo is one of the greatest but different type of player and look at the size difference between the two.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ronaldo is better in big moments

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Messi is the greatest player in the history of soccer. I'm not even sure that was up for debate. Ronaldo is one of the greatest but different type of player and look at the size difference between the two.
    Many would say Pele...traditionalists ...same with MJ. I agree with you about Messi. I bet btts, but thought Brazil would have better schemes to move the ball forward. Knew argies would have good defense. They're totally stifling they Brazilian attack. Brazil will make adjustments though. Still like btts

Allure

Agree. But this discussion has been ongoing for ages. Team Messi vs Team Ronaldo.

Lucky to have witnessed both. From youth to prime to upcoming retirement.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

CR7 5CL
    Messi 4CL

end of debate

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ronaldo is better in big moments
    Lol when? Guy has NEVER played in a world cup final
    He wasn't even on the field when Portugal won the euro ( that's probably why). Portugal has had better overall teams then Argentina for a long time.

Goat Milk

For those who like club play, Messi has more trophies in the past 6 years than Maradona had in his entire career. Messi has way more goals and assists on an international level too than Maradona. He single handedly took a medicore team to a world cup finals and nearly pulled it off against a stacked german team. He will be in the mix again next year in the world cup. He still has 1 more world cup too after this, which he will play at 38 years old.

Allure

For me it's also Messi ahead of Maradona and Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of pure talent. Yes even ahead of Maradona.

But can't compare in terms of clubs. Napoli was basically nothing before Maradona arrived. Look what he did with Napoli. As much as Messi did for Barcelona, Barcelona was always stacked. And really stacked.

Damn probably won't see another player like him in a long, long time if ever.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Ronaldo is the best striker I've ever seen. Messi the best playmaker , a magician

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Pele different time

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Pele different time
    Pele was very good but he played with 8 all timers. I give him credit though he won the world cup at a very young age and that goal vs Sweden was special.
    Points Awarded:

JayLA gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Maradona...similar to Messi in making space incredibly but Pele, Ronaldo , and Messi had better shots...i don't really like Maradona for a lot of reasons ..guess im biased.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

DePaul is a really exceptional back

JayLA
    On to the next one...

There's another goal in this match .... Wheres it at

First 123 Last